|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My point. Self-awareness is not your forte.
But hey, I'm not arguing, they did what they thought best, like others before them.
Oh I am self-aware that the way I debated with Lambda caused him to leave. I just think it is weird to leave a forum based on a very short debate. You also don't need to disable your account, you just don't visit the forum.

Reactions: Alextended

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Oh I am self-aware that the way I debated with Lambda caused him to leave. I just think it is weird to leave a forum based on a very short debate. You also don't need to disable your account, you just don't visit the forum.
It's not your place to judge the weirdness of it when you may be the reason or part of the reason for the move.
I was gonna agree that the whole deactivation thing is unnecessary, but upon further thought it sends a message. That people understand it is another matter.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's not your place to judge the weirdness of it when you may be the reason or part of the reason for the move.
I was gonna agree that the whole deactivation thing is unnecessary, but upon further thought it sends a message. That people understand it is another matter.
Okay.

Im just gonna leave it at that.

Reactions: Alextended

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I bought Tales of Hearts NDS version today. Fired it up and was really surprised by how good the opening utilized the dual screen. The rearranged PSV version isn't bad, but this one is just vastly suprerior.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Found another console exclusive today (those are rare thanksfully), Mad Rat Dead, tried the demo on Switch, pretty good, but I fear it can get repetive in the long run.

The price is too high, so might have to sail the high seas for that one, but not sure..

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Jim Ryan definitely has Boomer Dad Who Says Stupid Shit energy about him.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

The classics lineup is extremely underwhelming and the other games make it look like a half baked Game Pass competitor. I can't see myself subscribing at this point, but never say never.
Absolutely dreadful lmao

• This!
Reactions: Arc

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
Previous PS1 digital purchases being honoured when they become available is unexpected. Happy for that at least. Only took 9 years to have them playable on PS4.

Reactions: Pommes

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Previous PS1 digital purchases being honoured when they become available is unexpected. Happy for that at least. Only took 9 years to have them playable on PS4.
Yeah, this is the silver lining from this cloud.

Reactions: NarohDethan

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
Well, I feel kinda dirty - Bought a scalped PS5 (Sealed, box was in mint condition when I got my hands on it) at a $150 markup off Craigslist. Simply put I just don't have the kind of time needed to keep up with the Stock Tracking game at this point over a year and a half since the damned thing came out - I can either focus on my work or on hunting, not both.

Have the thing here hooked up and functioning, working fine so far. Thankfully, I put my Internet Detective skills to work scraping as much PII about the seller as possible and the guy+his car passed through a dozen CCTV cameras so I already got this guy traced if it turns out it was reported stolen and bricks in a few days.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
SaberVS7 Meh, leaving aside the fact that your purchasing habits is no one’s business, a 150 markup feels good to me. Obviously not ideal but in these days it feels almost like a non issue, a purchase fee or whatever.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
I manged to get my hands on a PS5 from the Playstation Direct drop today. They only had the Disc PS5 with HFW bundle for $549 so I decided to splurge. It should go nicely with the LG C1 that I recently bought as well. Also since this will be the first PlayStation that I am going to own there is probably a good amount of games that I have yet to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommes and C-Dub

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I read some Asian forums. For a quick summary: people are seriously pissed.

First comment said it all.
try to list disappointments from Asia Players :

1. If you got the PSN+ with discount before, you have to pay more to cover the past discount amount when upgrading from essential to extra/deluxe.
2. You cannot just upgrade to extra/deluxe for a certain period, you have to upgrade all if you have active PSN+.
3. The number of game in the extra/deluxe library is not as what Sony promoted (400+), for a game with different languages versions, different platform (ps3/ps4/ps5), original/remark/remaster, Sony will count it repeated

For the upgrade calculation, it is calculated daily.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
What’s even the point of a mid-gen refresh when these consoles aren’t even being properly utilised yet?

Also, no one can get one. I don’t see the point.
Nobody will be able to get the refresh consoles either, so that balances out.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Nobody will be able to get the refresh consoles either, so that balances out.
Why waste money on two impossible to get SKUs when people are happy to line up to buy one hard to get SKU?

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Why waste money on two impossible to get SKUs when people are happy to line up to buy one hard to get SKU?
The 2nd ones aren't out yet. They will simply shift over to manufacturing the new SKU exclusively (and maybe even with a new 'cheap' version?). It'll probably employ new fab processes, and it'd be more wasteful to keep making the old SKUs.

• This!
Reactions: NarohDethan

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I see Sony has announced more TV and Movie deals.

Horizon going to Netflix
God of War going to Amazon

And a Gran Turismo TV show and a separate movie that seems to be going to Blomkamp
Weird choice for him unless he is wanting to do something like his BMW ad

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and Cacher

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Weird choice for him unless he is wanting to do something like his BMW ad
Sorry for off-topic, but I didn't know they made another one of these. I haven't seen Clive Owen since forever. WKW's "The Follow" is probably my favourite one from the previous series.

Reactions: Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Sorry for off-topic, but I didn't know they made another one of these. I haven't seen Clive Owen since forever. WKW's "The Follow" is probably my favourite one from the previous series.
Yeah, I think they did it as a one time nostalgia advert. Would love to see what other directors would do.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I am trying to get into Xenoblade Chronicles X again.

Damn, that drum beating "one, two, three, four" main soundtrack song in the city has to be one of the most damaging and ill-judged aspects ever in an otherwise great game. It is literally painful to listen to, and the synchronicity creates some kind of resonance in your brain that makes it impossible to ignore.

I guess I should abandon XCX and wait for XC3?

• Toucan
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I am trying to get into Xenoblade Chronicles X again.

Damn, that drum beating "one, two, three, four" main soundtrack song in the city has to be one of the most damaging and ill-judged aspects ever in an otherwise great game. It is literally painful to listen to, and the synchronicity creates some kind of resonance in your brain that makes it impossible to ignore.

I guess I should abandon XCX and wait for XC3?
Haha, I hate that song but managed to endure it. I would say the game was just too good to be ruined by one song though.

Reactions: d00d3n

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The new Playstation gamepass or whatever seems to have quite a decent selection of games.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Can someone post a leaked pic that can display on my end ? Why yes, I have a big blank embed.

Bah, sometimes it works.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Oh no I am so conflicted. I want to stay in the dark but I also want to watch this.

Anyway, I will probably watch it. I watched the whole Xenoblade 2 Direct and it didn't feel like a huge spoiler. So hopefully this will stay the same.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Xenoblade 3 is getting an expansion pass with story DLC that won't be out until later next year. I'm half tempted to simply hold off playing until all the DLC comes out. I bought the Xenoblade 2 season pass and never bothered with Torna, so that was $30 well spent.

• Comfy

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
That Direct was so satisfying. It pains me that due to my stubborness, I won't buy it immediately and will only play it in the future. This would've easily been a Day 1 game for me.

Last edited:
  • Comfy