|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Xenoblade 3 is getting an expansion pass with story DLC that won't be out until later next year. I'm half tempted to simply hold off playing until all the DLC comes out. I bought the Xenoblade 2 season pass and never bothered with Torna, so that was $30 well spent.
Imo, Torna plays even better than the main game. You really need to play it. :blobevening:

Back then, I immediately start a NG+ on the main game after going through Torna. It adds so much context to the story and many dialogues and cutscenes hit very differently from my first playthrough.
That Direct was so satisfying. It pains me that due to my stubborness, I won't buy it immediately and will only play it in the future. This would've easily been a Day 1 game for me.
I had huge expectation towards the game yet the direct smashed through all of them. Honestly, haven't had this feeling for a long time.

• This!
Reactions: Rogue Agent

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Mario & Rabbids might be the first game to make me turn on my Switch since Pokémon Legends (which I really enjoyed btw) and since it's a Ubisoft title it should go down in price rather quickly.

I really wish I'd use this console more because it's a nice little piece of hardware, but man I have a hard time nowadays justifying paying 90$+ CDN for a game. It's the main reason why I haven't played much of Nintendo's recent first party stuff yet (Pokémon BDSP, Mario Golf, Kirby, Pokémon Snap, Mario Strikers and eventually the Advance Wars reboot when it releases). Heck even freaking WarioWare is 70$+. It's a shame.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
  • Sad
Reactions: Cacher

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Mario + Rabbids is looking extremely good. I adored the first game and thought it did some things better than Xcom 2 (which I'm comparing to since its expansion came out the exact same day).

• Gib
  • Comfy
Reactions: low-G and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Mario + Rabbids is looking extremely good. I adored the first game and thought it did some things better than Xcom 2 (which I'm comparing to since its expansion came out the exact same day).
Imo, the original game is one of the best games on Switch. Really look forward to the sequel.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Looks absolutely amazing. And the music is composed by Yoko Shimomura, Gareth Coker, and Grant Kirkhope.... This is going to be a GOTY contender.

Reactions: pinson and C-Dub

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
8:46 onwards... Holy Shit Eunie

Also preview says stable 30 fps.

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Kvik
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Xenoblade 3 is releasing when Im on vacation, so not sure if I will get it day 1, but I will buy it some point, have finished all Xenoblade Chronicles games and I really like them.

• Comfy

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Xenoblade 3 is releasing when Im on vacation, so not sure if I will get it day 1, but I will buy it some point, have finished all Xenoblade Chronicles games and I really like them.
I just finished the future connected storyline and did Torna a couple of months ago. Looking forward to 3, but I'm really going to have to watch a recap of the previous games.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Oh no, another October game...

:dizzy-face: :dizzy-face: :dizzy-face:

Nearly five years since I placed my order. I only kept my preorder since it is cheaper back when Amazon was matching Best Buy GCU.
Yeah, another Oct game haha. Publisher just decide to release every damn game in that month. A;sp can't believe Nintendo is finally releasing the game. And the performance looks extremely solid, too. Smooth 60fps, didn't notice much frame drop in the trailer.

Reactions: ExistentialThought
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So there are 3 games in the horizon for my consoles atm, GoW Ragnarok, Bayo 3 and Xenoblade 3. Only know I will day 1 Ragnarok.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
It looks really good. I'm going to miss pixie cut Bayo, but at least Viola is there.

Oh no, another October game...

:dizzy-face: :dizzy-face: :dizzy-face:

Nearly five years since I placed my order. I only kept my preorder since it is cheaper back when Amazon was matching Best Buy GCU.

I've got you beat by a few weeks.

Now I just need Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid Prime 4 to come out to finish the hat trick of ancient preorders.

• Eyes
Reactions: ExistentialThought

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
(no age sign in lock here)

Is it me or does it kinda give a higher budget/polish feel in the quality of characters, set pieces, levels etc., than previously? Though it's no DMC5 of course. Granted I watched the Japanese trailer first and even in English the plot/dialogue some criticise is just background noise to me for such a game anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
It would be funnier if it's not an option before starting and/or in the menu but an actual hotkey you can hold to instantly, seamlessly switch to that mode :LOL:

• Toucan
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

I might actually upgrade so I can play Stray and FF7 Remake (particularly the Yuffie DLC). I really wish Sony would work on the classics catalog though.
Online paywall and cloud save paywall can go fuck itself so Im never subbing to any of the tiers. Rather buying the games Im interested in.

At least I can play Stray forever since I bought it on Steam.

So I have no idea what I will do with Splatoon 3. I played 1 and 2 a ton online, but I don't want to pay for Switch online, only positive thing is that Switch Online is quite cheap.

My PSN Plus lapsed in jan 19 or 20 (can't remember excatly) and my Switch online lapsed in summer 21, I think it was.

I have 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate I got for free, but that's it.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm going to play Live a Live before I start XC3. I've heard LaL is pretty short though so it shouldn't take that long.

• Comfy

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
XC1 is so much better once you leave Alcamoth it's not even a comparison. And it gets EPIC ! (I'm in ch14 on my way to Agniratha)
How could they destroy their game with the horrible amount of side quests and their writing is beyond me.

Is XC2 as good ?

Oh and is it true that XC3 makes references/callbacks/wink wink to Xenogears characters ?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Other than Switch games I don't think I'll buy another game for consoles again, I'll wait till they hit their respective subscription service lol

• This!
Reactions: Le Pertti

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I will not click any spoiler tag until I beat XB3. You guys better don't spoil the game prior the launch because otherwise I will post anime gif in every single reply.
Other than Switch games I don't think I'll buy another game for consoles again, I'll wait till they hit their respective subscription service lol
I am not too sure about the subscription future, because Sony is surely half-assing theirs.

• This!
Reactions: fantomena
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sony is half-assing theirs, in a few years I fully believe 1st party games will appear on Steam before they appear on any PS Plus tiers.

I also think that if Returnal, Demons and Sackboy PC ports were already done, Sony would announce them at least (might be wrong). None of those games have been on any top seller charts for many months and Returnal is on some of the Plus tiers, so that's for sure not making Sony much money.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I will not click any spoiler tag until I beat XB3. You guys better don't spoil the game prior the launch because otherwise I will post anime gif in every single reply.

I am not too sure about the subscription future, because Sony is surely half-assing theirs.
To be precise my spoil is about some weeks old info I glanced at on a random forum, not fresh from the new leak.

On another topic, I asked this on another forum, but fuck dumb questions, right ? And those are my specialty.
  • are the US and EU online library the same and are the games 60hz in the EU one ?
  • I have an EU and an US account, if I want to sub does it matter which one I use ? It’s very foggy in my memory but every accounts on the console get the online functions, right ?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Just in front of the, let’s say Core boss in Xenoblade. the last few Alcamoth quests were suffering. That said I’m beginning to wonder if the game will let me max out the colony naturally or if it’s for the power gamers who leveled up like crazy.
I’m level 72 and it just doesn’t seem to be a lot of main quest left, more of a succession of bosses,

I’m pumped up like crazy for Xeno 2 if it’s even better than this one.

• Eyes

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I have finished three stories in Live a Live. Pretty interesting game so far, but I doubt I finish it by Friday. There's no way I'm going to juggle more than one RPG so XC3 will be on the back burner for a bit. It looks good though.

• Comfy

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I haven't been this hyped for a game since Breath of the Wild (XB2 was my first experience with the franchise). Can't wait to dive into the world on Friday.

Big McLargehuge

God Cleaver
Dec 8, 2018
I've played XC3 for about 16 hrs and it may end up being my favorite of the series. It combines some of the best aspects of the first 2 games, fixes practically all the problems I had with 2, and adds plenty of cool new mechanics and qol features. I have trouble just putting the game down! :blobeyes:

• Gib

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I've played XC3 for about 16 hrs and it may end up being my favorite of the series. It combines some of the best aspects of the first 2 games, fixes practically all the problems I had with 2, and adds plenty of cool new mechanics and qol features. I have trouble just putting the game down! :blobeyes:
Objectively speaking, I think XB2 was a 8-9/10 game but in my heart it is a 9.5 or a 10. It has many issues (eg. gacha, environmental skills, UI) but also did some things really, really well (eg. Japanese VA, cast, story, ending, music), and the latter matter to me more than the former. There's a lot of things they could improve so it is extremely exciting to hear that they have pretty much cleaned out all those rough edges.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
There's a lot of things they could improve so it is extremely exciting to hear that they have pretty much cleaned out all those rough edges.
Yeah, Xenoblade 1 was a solid 8 in my book, but Xeno 2 was somewhat of a disappointment. If I had to rate it then I would give it a 6/10, mainly because I think most of the cast wasn't great, the main character was unlikeable to me and the character designs were atrocious ( bunny blade says hello). I have a few nitpicks in story department but overall the story was what kept me going. Torna on the other hand was a great improvement. I didn't like locking the story behind side quests, but other than that I really enjoyed that game. The cast was great and the story was good too. I cared about the main character this time around and Jin was your sidekick :heroblob: This alone makes it a better game than Xeno 2 :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Judging from some materials of Xeno 3 ( I didn't look into previews and reviews) I'm glad they took care of the character designs. I have to complain about one thing - that red/orange UI doesn't look good. It looks very unnecessarily bloated during combat. I know that they simplified menus to make gearing your characters easier, which I am glad for, but otherwise, the previous games looked better in this aspect.

• Comfy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
As usual I own all xenoblade games and yet have never finished them,

Xeno1 = 40 hours on wii never got remastered one
Xeno X = probably like 20 hours on WiiU (this one never grabbed me)
Xeno 2 = Played the longest at around 80-90 hours but got burnt out before the end so also means I didn't reach expansion pack.

Of course this means i am buying number 3 and not finishing it as well. Anyone know what is the best story recap to be up to date .

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I heard from someone I trust that XC3, on emulator at least, has a super shit IQ. Don’t know if the emulator of this person was correctly set-up, though.

In the meantime I have entered XC1 last chapter. I went through the super good but super long cutscenes of the last one and then… it happened. The door rang, it was the game director. He had a demented smile on his face and simply asked if I had visited the old towns recently. I checked and yup, a good 20 quests in my face. With the added bonus of them being a good 10 levels over my team.

I should be on suicide watch, but I also feel like the whole game and combat system starts to make sense and feel good in the late game. Just need to find a quest path that suits my level or grind painfully.

• Toucan