Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

Check the OP for an explanation on event changes!

• All are welcome to join us every

• Friday evening for some co-op fun!

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

OP
BlindRhythm

BlindRhythm

co-op king?
Apr 17, 2019
Going to try to give you all an update each month on what changes are made to the OP. It's usually only going to be me swapping out games to watch for or adding new games to the Google Sheet, but I figured it couldn't hurt to keep everyone informed too! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
  • Added Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Darksiders Genesis to the co-op section
  • Added Halo Reach and Red Dead Redemption 2 to the multigenre section
  • Added Heave Ho to the 2-4 player co-op list on the Sheet
  • Added NBA 2k20 to the competitive list on the Sheet
  • Added Disc Jam to the competitive list on the Sheet (thank you NeuralProxy!)
I couldn't think of any competitive games to add to the new/coming soon section of the OP so if there's one I missed that's releasing this month please let me know and I'll get it added.

OP
BlindRhythm

BlindRhythm

co-op king?
Apr 17, 2019
More silly takes on football/soccer? Heck yeah, sign me up! I'm totally using that unicorn food truck unless they announce some more characters before release that might sway my choice.

At first look Scrap Rush reminded me of Bomberman, but after watching the short video they have on Steam there's actually some unique elements in there. Should be a great one for our events! :)

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Mysterium is £1.99 on Humble for a Steam Key. Looks like it takes up to 7 online players for a Cluedo type game.

FunktionJCB

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Oct 10, 2018
Mysterium is £1.99 on Humble for a Steam Key. Looks like it takes up to 7 online players for a Cluedo type game.

I have an extra copy of the game from Humble.

If any of the usual co-op gang wants a copy, drop me a PM. ;)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Scythe and Terraforming Mars are not too pricey if you are subbed to the monthly too (6,39€ each).
But I'm hesitant to give them a shoot out. First because Asmodee adaptations have terrible user reviews, and secondly because we are talking big time intensive board games here, maybe difficult to fit in our sessions.

Reactions: BlindRhythm

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
I've had Scythe for ages but last time i checked it was difficult to work out what to do as the tutorial was a bit spartan. I should really fire it up again at some point.

Reactions: BlindRhythm
OP
BlindRhythm

BlindRhythm

co-op king?
Apr 17, 2019
I would love to get a full blown board game night going at some point. Maybe sneak something with a little more action in the middle to break it up just a little bit if needed.

Depending on how many folks we get tonight I would like to try out Heave Ho with a full group.. provided my connection can handle hosting that many. 🤞

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
We started the night with Nine Parchments. Which is harder and deeper than its demo made it out to be.
Then we played Heave Ho via remote play. I haven’t laughed that hard in a game for a long time. It felt good. And the feeling of being together in adversity can be felt. This game is a laugh a minute reflexion on the human condition methink :coffee-blob:

Another great coop session !

OP
BlindRhythm

BlindRhythm

co-op king?
Apr 17, 2019
We started the night with Nine Parchments. Which is harder and deeper than its demo made it out to be.
Then we played Heave Ho via remote play. I haven’t laughed that hard in a game for a long time. It felt good. And the feeling of being together in adversity can be felt. This game is a laugh a minute reflexion on the human condition methink :coffee-blob:

Another great coop session !
So glad I got to share Heave Ho with you guys! That moment where it's like an action movie, reaching out your hand to catch your buddy, is so rewarding when it works out. Then there's the other times you miss and get your buddy's blood splattered all over you. Oh the horrors I've witnessed! :face-screaming-in-fear:

The levels with the ropes are my favorite. The time the three of us flew off the screen and had to wait for it to slowly pan over to see that you and Echoes had saved us was amazing. I couldn't stop laughing.

Also that was a great call with Nine Parchments Echoes! Always a great time playing that with you and getting more folks to join us turned the chaos up to 11. One of those levels I think I spent more time dead than alive! :LOL:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
First, I need to apologise for the friendly fire I caused with the big fireball spell. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: Jokes aside, Nine Parchments is very underrated, playing with a full squad was crispy (pun intended :p) and we really made an excellent job beating all those stages. I am so glad everybody enjoyed it :blobcheer:

Then Heave ho showed that we can push through against all odds, that game is excellent despite its simplicity. All in all another memorable session under our belts. ;)

FunktionJCB

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Oct 10, 2018
If anyone wants one more beat'em up to your collections, Alienware Arena is giving away copies of Coffee Crisis:

OP
BlindRhythm

BlindRhythm

co-op king?
Apr 17, 2019
As I said last night, thanks for having me. It was nice joining you all for Nine Parchments, you're all great folks and it's great spending time with you! Looking forward to next time. :cat-heart-blob:
Any time! I was so happy you could make it. :cat-heart-blob:

And thank you so much for the compliments! I've mentioned before in the Steam thread of how appreciative I am that so many have shown interest in not only the thread but the events too. It's all so amazing.

It's been so much fun these past few months and hearing that you all are having a great time is all I could ever ask for. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

If anyone wants one more beat'em up to your collections, Alienware Arena is giving away copies of Coffee Crisis:

Nice! More beat'em ups are always welcome! :highfiveblob:

OP
BlindRhythm

BlindRhythm

co-op king?
Apr 17, 2019
Finished up the Halo Reach campaign with NarohDethan last night. Despite every single grenade finding us and some of mine finding Naroh (sorry again! :p) it was such a great time. The story isn't anything special but there's some truly incredible gameplay moments that help prop up what is already a good shooter. Being able to share those moments with a good friend is still one of the best things about Halo's co-op. :)

I had talked about playing through some of the others before with a buddy and how long it had been since we had and experiencing all of that again is exactly what I hoped it would be. Thank you for playing through it with me Naroh! :photoblobheart:

NarohDethan

Anime threads enthusiast
Apr 6, 2019
Finished up the Halo Reach campaign with NarohDethan last night. Despite every single grenade finding us and some of mine finding Naroh (sorry again! :p) it was such a great time. The story isn't anything special but there's some truly incredible gameplay moments that help prop up what is already a good shooter. Being able to share those moments with a good friend is still one of the best things about Halo's co-op. :)

I had talked about playing through some of the others before with a buddy and how long it had been since we had and experiencing all of that again is exactly what I hoped it would be. Thank you for playing through it with me Naroh! :photoblobheart:
We can give it a try later on Legendary!