Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Going to try to give you all an update each month on what changes are made to the OP. It's usually only going to be me swapping out games to watch for or adding new games to the Google Sheet, but I figured it couldn't hurt to keep everyone informed too! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
  • Added Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Darksiders Genesis to the co-op section
  • Added Halo Reach and Red Dead Redemption 2 to the multigenre section
  • Added Heave Ho to the 2-4 player co-op list on the Sheet
  • Added NBA 2k20 to the competitive list on the Sheet
  • Added Disc Jam to the competitive list on the Sheet (thank you NeuralProxy!)
I couldn't think of any competitive games to add to the new/coming soon section of the OP so if there's one I missed that's releasing this month please let me know and I'll get it added.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
More silly takes on football/soccer? Heck yeah, sign me up! I'm totally using that unicorn food truck unless they announce some more characters before release that might sway my choice.

At first look Scrap Rush reminded me of Bomberman, but after watching the short video they have on Steam there's actually some unique elements in there. Should be a great one for our events! :)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Mysterium is £1.99 on Humble for a Steam Key. Looks like it takes up to 7 online players for a Cluedo type game.

Deleted member 113

Mysterium is £1.99 on Humble for a Steam Key. Looks like it takes up to 7 online players for a Cluedo type game.

I have an extra copy of the game from Humble.

If any of the usual co-op gang wants a copy, drop me a PM. ;)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Scythe and Terraforming Mars are not too pricey if you are subbed to the monthly too (6,39€ each).
But I'm hesitant to give them a shoot out. First because Asmodee adaptations have terrible user reviews, and secondly because we are talking big time intensive board games here, maybe difficult to fit in our sessions.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I've had Scythe for ages but last time i checked it was difficult to work out what to do as the tutorial was a bit spartan. I should really fire it up again at some point.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I would love to get a full blown board game night going at some point. Maybe sneak something with a little more action in the middle to break it up just a little bit if needed.

Depending on how many folks we get tonight I would like to try out Heave Ho with a full group.. provided my connection can handle hosting that many. 🤞

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
We started the night with Nine Parchments. Which is harder and deeper than its demo made it out to be.
Then we played Heave Ho via remote play. I haven’t laughed that hard in a game for a long time. It felt good. And the feeling of being together in adversity can be felt. This game is a laugh a minute reflexion on the human condition methink :coffee-blob:

Another great coop session !

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
We started the night with Nine Parchments. Which is harder and deeper than its demo made it out to be.
Then we played Heave Ho via remote play. I haven’t laughed that hard in a game for a long time. It felt good. And the feeling of being together in adversity can be felt. This game is a laugh a minute reflexion on the human condition methink :coffee-blob:

Another great coop session !
So glad I got to share Heave Ho with you guys! That moment where it's like an action movie, reaching out your hand to catch your buddy, is so rewarding when it works out. Then there's the other times you miss and get your buddy's blood splattered all over you. Oh the horrors I've witnessed! :face-screaming-in-fear:

The levels with the ropes are my favorite. The time the three of us flew off the screen and had to wait for it to slowly pan over to see that you and Echoes had saved us was amazing. I couldn't stop laughing.

Also that was a great call with Nine Parchments Echoes! Always a great time playing that with you and getting more folks to join us turned the chaos up to 11. One of those levels I think I spent more time dead than alive! :LOL:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
First, I need to apologise for the friendly fire I caused with the big fireball spell. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: Jokes aside, Nine Parchments is very underrated, playing with a full squad was crispy (pun intended :p) and we really made an excellent job beating all those stages. I am so glad everybody enjoyed it :blobcheer:

Then Heave ho showed that we can push through against all odds, that game is excellent despite its simplicity. All in all another memorable session under our belts. ;)

Deleted member 113

If anyone wants one more beat'em up to your collections, Alienware Arena is giving away copies of Coffee Crisis:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
As I said last night, thanks for having me. It was nice joining you all for Nine Parchments, you're all great folks and it's great spending time with you! Looking forward to next time. :cat-heart-blob:
Any time! I was so happy you could make it. :cat-heart-blob:

And thank you so much for the compliments! I've mentioned before in the Steam thread of how appreciative I am that so many have shown interest in not only the thread but the events too. It's all so amazing.

It's been so much fun these past few months and hearing that you all are having a great time is all I could ever ask for. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

If anyone wants one more beat'em up to your collections, Alienware Arena is giving away copies of Coffee Crisis:

Nice! More beat'em ups are always welcome! :highfiveblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Finished up the Halo Reach campaign with NarohDethan last night. Despite every single grenade finding us and some of mine finding Naroh (sorry again! :p) it was such a great time. The story isn't anything special but there's some truly incredible gameplay moments that help prop up what is already a good shooter. Being able to share those moments with a good friend is still one of the best things about Halo's co-op. :)

I had talked about playing through some of the others before with a buddy and how long it had been since we had and experiencing all of that again is exactly what I hoped it would be. Thank you for playing through it with me Naroh! :photoblobheart:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Finished up the Halo Reach campaign with NarohDethan last night. Despite every single grenade finding us and some of mine finding Naroh (sorry again! :p) it was such a great time. The story isn't anything special but there's some truly incredible gameplay moments that help prop up what is already a good shooter. Being able to share those moments with a good friend is still one of the best things about Halo's co-op. :)

I had talked about playing through some of the others before with a buddy and how long it had been since we had and experiencing all of that again is exactly what I hoped it would be. Thank you for playing through it with me Naroh! :photoblobheart:
We can give it a try later on Legendary!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
When I was heading to bed last night I noticed the date for our event and had that thought of, "Hmm.. could this be a holiday horrors night?"

If we can get enough folks together I'd love to try F13 again. Though even if we aren't able to play that I'm sure we can sneak in some sort of horror game. :thumbsupblob:

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Had a great night playing with Echoes, Spamlynguist, NeuralProxy and MonthOLDpickle. Thanks for playing everyone! :photoblobheart:

Got to play some Iron Crypticle and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime with full groups and both are so much fun. The first I had no idea was even a thing until Echoes showed it to me one night. Think a somewhat slower medieval Smash TV with a few unique elements of its own, such as leveling and skill points.

And Lovers is one I have only ever seen played a few times and it always looked so adorable and that it could be amazing with the right group. Not that it's going to come as any surprise, but we've got such a group right here! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I look forward to playing more of both.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Everyone, it's official. NarohDethan and I have returned victorious. We have done the co-op crew proud. We are Apex champions! :blobcheer:

So yeah, we're kind of considered the best in the world now after that one win. Been in talks with sponsors and we have an agent now.

Already planning our talk show tours. Oh.. hang on, our agent wants a word.

..I've been told that's not how any of this works. Guess that one win just doesn't cut it. And no, Naroh, our agent isn't just me in a wig.

Guys, our agent is totally just me in a wig.

In all seriousness though, it's been a total blast getting back into Apex and playing with Naroh. If anyone else ever wants to join us you're more than welcome to. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey everyone! I've discussed it with a few folks already and would like to mention it here to gauge interest.

Given that the majority of our co-op crew is based in the eastern hemisphere what do you all say to us moving the event time ahead an hour or two? We can also consider pushing the day itself back to Saturday if that would be easier on folks too.

While the time change would make it tougher for those on the western side of the globe, the change to Saturday should benefit everyone and make it so the earlier start isn't too bad.

This change probably won't go into effect until the new year so there's no rush with whatever we end up deciding. So any feedback and suggestions you all want to share is welcome and greatly appreciated! :highfiveblob:

And as a quick aside, I can't wait to see what next year holds for our little co-op corner! Hopefully we'll see even more amazing co-op games get released and some new faces will join us for our events. Whatever the case, I can guarantee that myself and the rest of the co-op crew will do our very best to continue making these events ones that are filled with good times and lasting memories!

Which once again I would like to quickly thank everyone for their interest in our co-op corner and a big thank you to both Li Kao and Echoes! You two were such a big help in getting this all going back in August. From helping me test out the Discord server to your ongoing support and friendship. Thank you two for sticking with me! :blobhug:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And as a quick aside, I can't wait to see what next year holds for our little co-op corner! Hopefully we'll see even more amazing co-op games get released and some new faces will join us for our events. Whatever the case, I can guarantee that myself and the rest of the co-op crew will do our very best to continue making these events ones that are filled with good times and lasting memories!

Which once again I would like to quickly thank everyone for their interest in our co-op corner and a big thank you to both @Li Kao and @Echoes! You two were such a big help in getting this all going back in August. From helping me test out the Discord server to your ongoing support and friendship. Thank you two for sticking with me! :blobhug:
:wd_dealwithit:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Eh, I'm torn on the subject. Our event time is fucking with me, it's a good hour past what I think would be ideal. Buuuttt, because there is always a but, at least I hope there is a but (see wot I did there) I'm also very aware that one part of the issue is my life long struggle with sleep schedule, and above all concessions are sometimes necessary for things to go smoothly (no seriously guys, but <-> butt ! You can't touch me, I'm on another level, I come from the plane of joke).

That being said, Meta Co-Op 2020 is hype ! :blobdrool:

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Haha! I had gone over that wording in my head several times before posting that. The event time would be an hour or two earlier than it is now is what I meant to say. :)

That way it wouldn't be well past midnight for most folks when our events usually end, though also like usual, they still won't have an official end. Just whenever folks need to call it a night and get some sleep.

Hope that clears it up a bit. Sorry for any confusion folks! :photoblobheart:

Edit: Though I realize now you might be referring to our current time.. in which case.. nothing to see here!

But seriously I could have worded that original post better so in the event anyone was confused I hope this does help.

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
January update time! Also, Happy New Year to all of my co-op pals! 🎉

• Changed the banner back
  • Changed the event time to reflect our new start time 22:00 GMT+1 (1pm PST/4pm EST)
  • Fixed some wording in the OP to make it more readable
  • Added Monster Hunter World: Iceborne to the upcoming co-op releases
  • Added Warcraft 3: Reforged to the upcoming competitive releases and to the competitive list
  • Added Blazing Chrome to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added Nine Parchments to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added Children of Morta to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added Secret of Mana to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added Wizard of Legend to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added Darksiders Genesis to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove! to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added Cat Quest 2 to the 2-4 player co-op list
  • Added Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 to the 4+ player co-op list
  • Added The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan to the 4+ players co-op list

The event time still isn't nailed down, but I figured moving it by two hours would be a good start. If it needs to be adjusted further then we can get that worked out. We also need to discuss if we're moving the day to Saturdays. Either day is fine for me, but if it can be made easier for other folks then I'd love to make that switch. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

See you all for some co-op fun very soon and throughout 2020! :highfiveblob:

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Also, no.. it should have only been a two hour change, but I screwed up a long time ago apparently. When converting it back to EST I didn't shave off enough hours. Our events should have been starting two hours earlier than they were the entire time.

So now the question is.. do we put it back at the original 21:00 GMT+1 or do we move it an hour and go with 20:00 GMT+1?

Sorry again. :disappointed-face:

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Hi Co-op Councillors~

I asked this question earlier, but does anyone know if I can use Destiny 2 to complete the Steam multiplayer quest thing? Barring that, how about MonHun World? :02notes:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
About the time of our sessions, I’m in France, so GMT+1, right ? Our meetups have been at 23:00 anyways. I would vote 22:00 myself. Not that I couldn’t make it earlier, but I suppose some people with a family or social life could find it too early.
just my two cents.

Hi Co-op Councillors~

I asked this question earlier, but does anyone know if I can use Destiny 2 to complete the Steam multiplayer quest thing? Barring that, how about MonHun World? :02notes:
Don’t you have a small arcadey game to try it on ? Things like Towerfall, Overcooked, Magicka, etc.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hi Co-op Councillors~

I meant to respond to your message in the other thread, sorry I'm so late. Hopefully you're able to complete the quest. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

They might have fixed it since, but to guarantee it completes the quest your best bet would be a local multiplayer game and invite someone to remote play. That's what worked for me.

About the time of our sessions, I’m in France, so GMT+1, right ? Our meetups have been at 23:00 anyways. I would vote 22:00 myself. Not that I couldn’t make it earlier, but I suppose some people with a family or social life could find it too early.
just my two cents.
I went back to the first few pages of the thread to find what time we held our very first event and it seems we settled on 22:00 GMT.. so yeah, 23:00 GMT+1. I don't know where I got mixed up and thought it was 21:00. I mean I had even put 21:00 GMT+1 on that golden ticket image I made. A lack of sleep this past month sure hasn't helped but I can't fully blame that.. I should have double checked. :crying-face:

I'm just thankful it's not as bad as I initially thought. I was so worried and embarrassed.. that we had been starting late and that you all were staying up far too late. We can definitely give 22:00 GMT+1 a shot. :highfiveblob:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
20:00 GMT+1/ 2 PM ET (I'd be able to play before dinner) and 22:00 GMT+1 / 4 PM ET (I'd be able to play after dinner) are equally fine to me.

Keep in mind that daylight saving time goes from March 8 to November 1 in the US (I believe) and March 29 to October 25 in Europe.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Don’t you have a small arcadey game to try it on ? Things like Towerfall, Overcooked, Magicka, etc.
Uhh... I don't have any of those. I only have weeb games. :02sad:

Oh, I know! Tales of Vesperia has local co-op. Maybe I'll try that!

I meant to respond to your message in the other thread, sorry I'm so late. Hopefully you're able to complete the quest. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

They might have fixed it since, but to guarantee it completes the quest your best bet would be a local multiplayer game and invite someone to remote play. That's what worked for me.
Thanks for answering! :02love:

I'm playing something else at the moment, but I'll give it a go later tonight. :dana_wink:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
20:00 GMT+1/ 2 PM ET (I'd be able to play before dinner) and 22:00 GMT+1 / 4 PM ET (I'd be able to play after dinner) are equally fine to me.
Yay! It will be so great having you join us more often! :blobcheer:

I mean, we were staying up far too late ! :cryblob:

But that's because our sessions are so cool, so no worry :cat-heart-blob:
Thanks! :photoblobheart:

I know I shouldn't have beaten myself up so much about it. Might be a little silly but I hated the thought I had let you all down.

Haha! The events are always a great time for sure. Whether it's the 30 minutes of picking a game or the hours playing said game, there's no shortage of fun. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Thanks for answering! :02love:

I'm playing something else at the moment, but I'll give it a go later tonight. :dana_wink:
You're welcome! If you need someone to help later you're always welcome to ask me if I'm on. :)

And yep, the Tales games should work and are a great choice! Secret of Mana too if you have that.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Taking into account the different options, I think that instead of everybody being ready at 20:00 we should be more open, let me explain.
For some people it may be easier to find time before dinner, for others it may be the other way around. So if anybody wants to play with part of the group is doable, meaning that from X hour you know there will be people available to play. In the end, something like Friday afternoon/evening will be fine. My two cents :p