Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
In that case I took Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville. Having played some former episode I know that it shares what you would call the Civ effect.
Thanks again.

And yeah, many good games in this giveaway.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Thank you for putting all of those together and the generosity in sharing them with everyone, FunktionJCB!

There's great stuff in that list! I'm sure most folks will be able to find something they'll enjoy from those choices. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also wanted to say congratulations once more in regards to your wedding, I hope that it all goes smoothly for you and that both you and your wife have a wonderful day!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
No idea why a Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory inspired image randomly popped into my head last night for the image to commemorate our new event structure, but the OP has been updated and a few minor changes have been made/added! Though I guess I should say thanks to Gene Wilder for that inspiration! :cat-heart-blob:

There was a whole bunch of things I considered and none of them really stuck. Were I a better artist (or one at all really) there's a few I would have loved to try, but I think this one worked out pretty well too! :pleasedblob:

Deleted member 113

I'm quickly dropping by to thank you all for your well wishes. :cat-heart-blob:
I'm officially a married man. :giggle:

I'm now at my new house, I already have internet and my desktop PC working (although I'm currently without speakers).

There's plenty of games from my giveaway still available, so do redeem them, so they don't go to waste.
Even if you took a game, take a few more. ;)

Cheers! 🎃

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I had been waiting to grab a couple after giving folks some time to go through the list and just missed out on the two I had my eyes on. Didn't feel right taking some immediately being the thread starter.. a little silly I know, but that's feelings for you sometimes. :LOL:

Again, thank you for doing this FunktionJCB! Not sure what's left on there but hopefully folks manage to get some of the others they've been waiting for or are just curious about. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I had been waiting to grab a couple after giving folks some time to go through the list and just missed out on the two I had my eyes on. Didn't feel right taking some immediately being the thread starter.. a little silly I know, but that's feelings for you sometimes. :LOL:

Again, thank you for doing this FunktionJCB! Not sure what's left on there but hopefully folks manage to get some of the others they've been waiting for or are just curious about. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Same thing. It was slow to start but seems like the giveaway has seen some use.
As it should, enjoy everybody and thanks again Funktion !

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
blindrhythm Li Kao Which games did you want, and missed?
I may have an extra key. ;)
Oh I couldn't ask you to do that! It was my fault I missed them by waiting. Plus my two are ones that I haven't seen mentioned as taken and I don't want folks to feel like I'm calling them out.

I do appreciate the offer though! :cat-heart-blob:

Deleted member 113

Oh I couldn't ask you to do that! It was my fault I missed them by waiting. Plus my two are ones that I haven't seen mentioned as taken and I don't want folks to feel like I'm calling them out.

I do appreciate the offer though! :cat-heart-blob:
Come one, blindrhythm, drop me a PM, and if I have an extra copy, it's yours.
Same thing for Li Kao . ;)

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Come one, blindrhythm, drop me a PM, and if I have an extra copy, it's yours.
Same thing for Li Kao . ;)
No, really ! You have been far too generous to me already. I mean, I have no shame and accept any gifts, but even I have my limit ! :poutblob:
Thank you for being you :cat-heart-blob:

Edit - Oh btw, with all the free month codes distributed, maybe a lot here have game pass. Dead by Daylight got added, could be interesting to organize something.

Edit 2 - There is Tales from the Loop Generation Zero free week end too.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It's like "The Mist" or rather "The Fog" out there. I keep expecting to see murderous ghost pirates looming out of the grey.
Lovely night to stay indoor and play games while watching TwitGamer Let's Play videos on youtube.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
It really is a great day for playing stuff! Some might even say it's a good one for a horror event.. wait! It is! :face-screaming-in-fear: :LOL:

I'll quote my earlier post that contained the list of games and again, don't be afraid to suggest some that I might have missed! Li Kao mentioned Generation Zero due to the free weekend and it does have a Halloween event of sorts going on too! So that's definitely a good one to check out and take down some robots!:gunblob:

FunktionJCB had previously mentioned Tower Unite which is fantastic as well and offers a lot of modes for more than 4 players too!

• Killing Floor 2
  • L4D2
  • Friday the 13th
  • Hunt Showdown
  • Strange Brigade
  • Zombie Army Trilogy
  • Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop
  • Dead Island
  • Any of the Call of Duty zombie modes
  • Project Zomboid
  • Death Road to Canada (thanks to the new local remote play stuff!)
  • Blackout Club
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Dying Light
  • Jackbox Party Pack 3 and/or 6, Trivia Murder Party 1 & 2 specifically

And finally a few that have Halloween events going on.

• Don't Starve Together
  • Sea of Thieves
  • 100% Orange Juice
  • Monster Hunter World

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Are you people interested in playing Zombie Army Trilogy or Strange Brigade ?
Sure!

It really is a great day for playing stuff! Some might even say it's a good one for a horror event.. wait! It is! :face-screaming-in-fear: :LOL:

I'll quote my earlier post that contained the list of games and again, don't be afraid to suggest some that I might have missed! Li Kao mentioned Generation Zero due to the free weekend and it does have a Halloween event of sorts going on too! So that's definitely a good one to check out and take down some robots!:gunblob:

FunktionJCB had previously mentioned Tower Unite which is fantastic as well and offers a lot of modes for more than 4 players too!
With the bad weather, and my wife going to bed early, I'm up to play something tonight or tomorrow.

Generation Zero is a game I own but never played, so I would be up to play it.

I cleared some space in my disc, so I now have 50 GB or so, so I can install some more new games. :)

Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
There is the zombie mod for COD that could be good too, as already listed by Blind.
We have got a huge choice issue methink.

When are we doing this ? Today or tomorrow ?

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
We can get it started at our normal time if that works, but if tomorrow would be easier for folks I don't mind at all if we need to push it back.

I'm totally up for whichever and am always ready to kick some horror creatures' butts! :heroblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
If a bunch of folks show up I figure Killing Floor 2, Friday the 13th, Dead by Daylight or Jackbox would work great. Even Tower Unite if enough folks own it.

Though if we're a group of four or less then Strange Brigade would be a pretty good one to start with. It's a lot of fun and as I said in another post, it should be even better with friends! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: Li Kao

Deleted member 113

Unfortunately, I don't have space for Killing Floor 2. :(

Also, unexpectedly, I have to go and drop my brother at the airport, so I may not be available tonight (or if I am, not as much as usual).
I'll only know later.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Unfortunately, I don't have space for Killing Floor 2. :(

Also, unexpectedly, I have to go and drop my brother at the airport, so I may not be available tonight (or if I am, not as much as usual).
I'll only know later.
No worries! You're always welcome to join tonight whenever you can or if you aren't able to make it all then I'm sure we can get enough folks together tomorrow for another one if needed.

I mean, who doesn't love Halloween and Halloween stuff? The more we can get in the better! 🎃 👻

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao I'll have to see how things go, my internet has been dropping out randomly these last few days so i don't want to mess up our games by randomly disappearing for 10 minutes at a time.

Also, i still don't have many Co-Op games yet so i'll have to spectate a few times until i build up my library.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Li Kao I'll have to see how things go, my internet has been dropping out randomly these last few days so i don't want to mess up our games by randomly disappearing for 10 minutes at a time.

Also, i still don't have many Co-Op games yet so i'll have to spectate a few times until i build up my library.
Don’t think I forgot Golf with your friends ! We still have to try it !

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I missed Strange Brigade but i'll be keeping an eye out for it and for you lot to give impressions on it's co-op.
So far i have Golf With Your Friends and Knights and Bikes booked in with Li Kao and Funktion.

I picked up the We Were Here... bundle in the sale too.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
When do we game tonight ? I was there at 22GMT yesterday but things were already kinda underway.

Deleted member 113

Guys, I'll try to be there at the usual time tonight, but I can't 100% promise I'll be there.

We have been invited to a family dinner, and I'm not sure I'll be back in time. :rolleyes:

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018

I've played a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 with friends throughout the years. We've recently spent another couple of weeks running a map or two every night. Feel free to send me an invite if you want to join when we have an open slot.

I also wanted to recommend No More Room in Hell. I remember checking it out around 2013, but there are a lot more maps than I remember, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. It's sort of like a slower-paced Left 4 Dead. Ammo is scarce. Zombies are slow, with occasional runners. You can become infected, requiring medication to hold it off, or else you'll turn. Most of the maps have a variety of paths, objectives, and even escape scenarios that are randomized.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019

I've played a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 with friends throughout the years. We've recently spent another couple of weeks running a map or two every night. Feel free to send me an invite if you want to join when we have an open slot.

I also wanted to recommend No More Room in Hell. I remember checking it out around 2013, but there are a lot more maps than I remember, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. It's sort of like a slower-paced Left 4 Dead. Ammo is scarce. Zombies are slow, with occasional runners. You can become infected, requiring medication to hold it off, or else you'll turn. Most of the maps have a variety of paths, objectives, and even escape scenarios that are randomized.
Sorry I'm late talking about this, but those are both great choices! L4D2 is always a great time, even this many years later. :dmcblob:

Really glad to hear that No More Room in Hell is worth checking out too. It's one I've always been curious about but never got around to trying. Might have to correct that soon!

And completely random side note, my username is finally a little more legible! :LOL:

Had been meaning to fix it for a while and always forgot.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
If folks are still up for trying to get some horror themed games going for our next event since it's been a little delayed (sorry everyone!) then I whipped something up for the occasion! I'll probably put together a few themed ones that I can add to a post when it fits. So look for a Christmas one and possibly a New Years one.

I'll try to figure out a general purpose one for when we have a normal/random event too!

Oh! Probably helps if I post the image, huh? :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Last edited: