Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I'll try my best to show up.

My move to the new house has been much more problematic than expected, and I haven't played anything since then, and barely had time to do anything. :cry:
No worries! Whenever you're able to make it, whether it's this event or the next, we can always sneak some horror games in! :highfiveblob:

I do hope that things will settle down for you and start becoming less stressful. And hey, even if it's not an event day and you want to unwind with the co-op crew don't ever be afraid to ask, okay? :cat-heart-blob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Interesting. We always need more fun party games.

On that note, Humans fall flat is discounted, but I'm not sure it's fun or good.

edit -
Oh btw, today I'm gonna get vaccinated, don't know how I will feel tonight when the meet up happen. I'm beginning to think I'm cursed.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Humans Fall Flat looks interesting from what i've seen but i reckon you'd need voice-comms to get the most out of it but they're not essential as you can muddle through it. You and some buddies go through 3D levels solving puzzles and fighting beasites to get to the goal.

Think Goal-Orientated Gang Beasts.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I want to play that type of fun game with you guys.

Something else that just sprang to mind if Payday 2. Never played it and it could be relatively nice.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Good Lord Payday 2 is 60go ?

By the way, I have talked about it some months ago, but I finally got to it and here's my Switch Friend Code :
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Yep, I remember the talks about sharing them! Great idea!

Here's mine for folks if you're interested! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Revealed content
SW-5053-1077-8238 and the name is hollowbeat.. BlindRhythm was one character too long. :crying-face:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Good Lord Payday 2 is 60go ?

By the way, I have talked about it some months ago, but I finally got to it and here's my Switch Friend Code :
[Hidden content]
Yep, I remember the talks about sharing them! Great idea!

Here's mine for folks if you're interested! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

[Hidden content]
I have added you both, here's mine ;)
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Uh, how did you set up the spoiler, Blind ? Pretty certain it was 'revealed' before liking your post.
hide until replied works fine as well :p you only need to have a post in that thread somewhere to reveal the post
Haha! Yep, as lash said I used 'hide until replied', though often times I'll use the 'hide until replied or reacted' tag so folks don't necessarily have to post in the thread if they don't want to and can like my post instead. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I have added you both, here's mine ;)
[Hidden content]
Yay! Accepted your friend request! Now I'll have to pick up Mario Maker 2 someday so I can make some weird levels to share and fail at everyone else's since I'm pretty terrible at platforming. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Echoes and lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I had a great time with Blind tonight !
We quickly tried Towerfall, which showed great multi potential, but is ill suited for two players only I would say. Then we had a blast with Humans Fall Flat. I can certainly imagine some people hating the slow pace of the game, but at the same time the sense of accomplishment when achieving something is great. 3+ players must be just for added hilarity, which is always a good thing.

Sorry to Echoes for having missed his message. We played in remote play together and the game seems to drop the second player when checking steam chat so we rarely checked it, unfortunately,

And finally sorry again to BlindRhythm , we planned to try Payday 2 but the game was so insisting between tutorials and walls of introductory texts that I went solo for the first contact with the game. How good it will be to have human teammates in this game...

So business as usual, it’s great to play with you people :cat-heart-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I had a great time with Blind tonight !
We quickly tried Towerfall, which showed great multi potential, but is ill suited for two players only I would say. Then we had a blast with Humans Fall Flat. I can certainly imagine some people hating the slow pace of the game, but at the same time the sense of accomplishment when achieving something is great. 3+ players must be just for added hilarity, which is always a good thing.
Yep, it was a great time as always! So glad we got to try some stuff out. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

You're absolutely right about Towerfall's potential. It's in the similar situation as Duck Game where it's kind of rough with only two, but a full game? That's another story. It's a game made better by a lot of chaos going on.

Human Fall Flat has always looked interesting the few times I've watch someone stream it and finally getting the chance to play it.. I can see the appeal! It is a bit on the slower side as you said and is purposefully clunky movement wise similar to Gang Beasts. It's so great being able to reach down over an edge to help your buddy up. I also feel I should mention that one of the very first things that happened was Li Kao grabbing my butt. :LOL:

And finally sorry again to BlindRhythm , we planned to try Payday 2 but the game was so insisting between tutorials and walls of introductory texts that I went solo for the first contact with the game. How good it will be to have human teammates in this game...

So business as usual, it’s great to play with you people :cat-heart-blob:
Oh no worries at all! I figured that was the case. They really added a bunch since the last time I played. There was that "deer in the headlights" moment for me after seeing everything new. Kind of like every time I go back to Warframe.

I agree it will be an absolute blast with more folks. Being able to see how different perks work together and trying to go in stealthy as a group should be interesting! :blobthief:

Deleted member 113

Guys, I've been "failing" you in the last couple of weeks by being M.I.A., but hopefully starting this weekend, things will return to normal, and I'll be able to play regularly with you guys again. ;)

Between getting married, a house move that wasn't entirely peaceful, hospital trips with my wife's mother, being sick, and more, things haven't been all that great, but I'll return to work tomorrow, and hopefully my daily routine. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Guys, I've been "failing" you in the last couple of weeks by being M.I.A., but hopefully starting this weekend, things will return to normal, and I'll be able to play regularly with you guys again. ;)

Between getting married, a house move that wasn't entirely peaceful, hospital trips with my wife's mother, being sick, and more, things haven't been all that great, but I'll return to work tomorrow, and hopefully my daily routine. :)
Who is this.. <looks at list> Funk fella? Hey everyone, there's someone here that swears they're a regular. <squints> Yeah.. I don't know.. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

It will be great having you back! I know it was mostly in jest, but don't feel that you've been letting anyone down. Life and/or family stuff is always far more important.

Hopefully your mother-in-law is doing well and that you're feeling better too! Don't feel you have to rush into getting back, these events and all of us aren't going anywhere. :cat-heart-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
You should. ;)

I had a radical thought: since several people seem to be buying Team Sonic Racing (and I'll probably do so as well), how about we do a radical change, and replace Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, with... Team Sonic Racing. :LOL:
That's not a bad option! Though it's one I'll have to sit out on for a little while. Star Wars is probably the last game purchase I'll be able to make for some time.

Been buying up some Christmas gifts ahead of time and had a surprise bill that I had to pay. Also ended up buying that LG OLED I mentioned in the Steam thread after getting my refund. ..I'm so bad with money. :ROFLMAO:

In all honesty, before anyone worries, I'm not completely broke or anything. Just don't want to dip into my savings too much more. :p

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
You should. ;)

I had a radical thought: since several people seem to be buying Team Sonic Racing (and I'll probably do so as well), how about we do a radical change, and replace Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, with... Team Sonic Racing. :LOL:
Not a bad idea, but I just tried to buy it along with Jedi Fallen Order and Headsnatchers and the payment didn't go through. What good is having a credit card if it refuses to work?

Deleted member 113

That's not a bad option! Though it's one I'll have to sit out on for a little while. Star Wars is probably the last game purchase I'll be able to make for some time.
It was more of a lame joke than anything else. ;)

We have plenty of other games to play. :highfiveblob:

Not a bad idea, but I just tried to buy it along with Jedi Fallen Order and Headsnatchers and the payment didn't go through. What good is having a credit card if it refuses to work?
Tell me about it.
My credit card is frequently declined in the days near the monthly payment, or when my bank's systems are down.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

Tell me about it.
My credit card is frequently declined in the days near the monthly payment, or when my bank's systems are down.
It really makes no sense. I have automatic debit from my salary account, and haven't defaulted on a payment in my life (not counting the time I apparently miscalculated the currency conversion and had a -literally- 1 cent debt, many years ago), so it's not like I'm trying to scam the bank or anything. Just let me waste my freaking money already!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019

Haha! No worries, it's honestly one I want to pick up at some point and do agree it would be a good one. :)

And you're certainly not wrong about the amount of games we all have! I mean we all know how long it usually takes us to finally pick one! :LOL:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I'm totally up for some Halo! So excited for the co-op campaign! :highfiveblob:

Never played them competitively and I haven't even played a Halo game since 3 way back in 2007, so I'm going to be incredibly rusty. Still willing to give it a shot. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Got a rough draft on the Winter/Holidays banner that I wanted to share with everyone. I would also like to apologize for missing our co-op session last night, had a lot of not so great stuff going on and wasn't able to update you all ahead of time. Sorry everyone.

We can try for a session later today if folks would like or we can try for next Friday like usual. Either is perfect! :highfiveblob:

..And finally, banner time! It's still a work in progress as I mentioned but it's getting there! :artistblob:

Deleted member 113

We can try for a session later today if folks would like or we can try for next Friday like usual. Either is perfect! :highfiveblob:
I probably won't make it today, since I'm going out to drive my mother home, and since it's almost 10pm, I probably won't be able to join you.

But, next Friday I'll be there. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Probably something that's easy for folks to jump in and out of due to it being kind of a last minute change would work best.

So maybe Helldivers, Kopanito or Duck Game would work. They're small enough to download for those that might have uninstalled them and most rounds are pretty short.

Though I'm always up to play anything so if there's something I'm forgetting that would work as well or better don't be afraid to let me know! :highfiveblob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, my two cents on the banner is that there isn't enough contrast between the text color and the rest of the pic, making it a little harder than it should to parse. Maybe a richer blue ? I understand that it's also the point for it to be light, to go with the rest of the image and evoke snow, winter, cold etc., but maybe it's a little too much ?

I haven't been very present for the last 2 or 3 days, but I read you even when I can't post. All my best wishes to Mitsy Blind ! :cat-heart-blob:

Deleted member 113

Speaking of better prepared after playing a single player game I understand so much better what to do in Cluedo, I remember playing many, many years ago so I was so bad last night :p
Tell me about it.
I played a couple of matches before you joined with BlindRhythm, and I didn't won a single one!
I completely messed up my notes several times, and ended up getting completely lost.
It'd been ages since I played the game, or any boardgame for that matter.

In one of the occasions, both me and BlindRhythm got defeated by an easy A.I. . :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

On the plus side, we were kicking butt on Kopanito, and winning by 10 goals. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Mmh, my two cents on the banner is that there isn't enough contrast between the text color and the rest of the pic, making it a little harder than it should to parse. Maybe a richer blue ? I understand that it's also the point for it to be light, to go with the rest of the image and evoke snow, winter, cold etc., but maybe it's a little too much ?

I haven't been very present for the last 2 or 3 days, but I read you even when I can't post. All my best wishes to Mitsy Blind ! :cat-heart-blob:
There's a few changes I want to try and going with a slightly darker color isn't a bad call. I can totally give that a shot! :thumbsupblob:

And thank you for the well wishes! One more day to get through and I should finally know if she'll be okay.. I hope.

Thanks for last night's mini-session, BlindRhythm and Echoes. :highfiveblob:

Again, I apologize for my limited time, I'm still bringing things to my new house and getting things into place, so it's been a mess.
I'll be better prepared next weekend. ;)

At least, we managed to play a new genre: a boardgame. :)
Of course! Always fun playing with you all. Thank you for both suggesting and gifting Clue, it was always one of my favorites growing up and I think I mentioned to you that it had been over a decade since I last played it. It had been far too long.

Such a great time being able to play it with you and Echoes! Eventually we'll have to get some more of the crew involved, which it sounds like Li Kao will be doing soon. Can't wait! :blobcheer:

Deleted member 113

Guys, Matimeo and Tizoc also own Clue, and mentioned on Steam they were up to try the game online.

The game supports 6 players online.
If one of these days we can get a "full" group going, it might be fun to play a few matches. ;)

Maybe we can even try a few more boardgames as well.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
The more the merrier! Would love to have them both join us whenever they're up for it! :highfiveblob:

I took a peek at the board game tag on Steam and it seems we won't be lacking games for a while. Between physical board games turned digital like Life, Monopoly and Scythe and other board game like games such as Armello, 100% OJ and some of the Jackbox stuff, there's quite a bit there to enjoy.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019

My lazy shadow, Mitsy, is going to be okay! I posted about it in another thread and will make sure to update there as well, but figured I would give the co-op crew the news first. :cat-heart-blob:

So a brief summary for anyone that might have missed it, there's a growth up under my cat's front right leg and chest area. For the past couple months she's had a limp that I assumed was due to age. It was thankfully caught during a routine visit and the worry was it might be cancerous.

Today I finally got the news that the results were negative! I do have to schedule to have the growth removed, but she should be perfectly fine afterwards outside of the chance of her always having a slight limp from now on.