Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

Deleted member 113

Echoes Sure (despite sucking at SF V). ;)

Like I previously mentioned, it would be nice to try different genres. I'm up to try anything, even outside of the genres I usually play.

We could even organize some "themed" nights (boardgames night, fighting games night, sports night, ...).

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah I have toyed with organizing a sort of SF tournament for some time. But I'm not good and I'm not competitive, and I would have liked for it to be as open and chillax as possible. The goal being not to detract good players, whose advice could be useful to the noobs, but to be a welcome place to beginners of all level.

Deleted member 113

Yeah I have toyed with organizing a sort of SF tournament for some time. But I'm not good and I'm not competitive, and I would have liked for it to be as open and chillax as possible. The goal being not to detract good players, whose advice could be useful to the noobs, but to be a welcome place to beginners of all level.
I'm up for it.
I majorly suck, but I don't mind getting my ass kicked left and right. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I played SFV some months ago with BlindRhythm and the matches were very fun. We should definitely try it, it won't be as bad as you think Li Kao ;)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I played SFV some months ago with BlindRhythm and the matches were very fun. We should definitely try it, it won't be as bad as you think Li Kao ;)
It was a lot of fun and I think I still owe you a rematch too!

Also a warning to everyone, do not let Echoes pick R. Mika! Though to be fair that might just be a me thing.. folks that are good with grapplers scare me. :LOL:

I suppose you might hear the same about me when it comes to Cammy and all I can say is, come on! She's the only character I'm kind of good at! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Near final look at our upcoming Holiday banner. I should have mentioned earlier that it will be replacing the one at the top of the page, at least for a little while. I do love that Jolly Cooperation one. So it will almost certainly make a return at some point. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Currently there's two options I'm considering and I might still need to mess around with the colors and sizing a bit.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Am I the only one with gamepass for sea of thieves ?
I'm pretty interested in fighting games / multiplayer games today :cold-sweat:

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Am I the only one with gamepass for sea of thieves ?
I'm pretty interested in fighting games / multiplayer games today :cold-sweat:
Nope, you're not alone! :highfiveblob:

Sea of Thieves is a surprising amount of fun and one that I would love to try with a full crew someday.

Btw I would vote for the second banner, for the contrast, but excellent work there BlindRhythm
Yeah, the text in the second banner is more readable.

Great work, BlindRhythm! :thumbsupblob:
Thanks guys! Time to get started on the finishing touches for the second one! :artistblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Banner is up and thanks to some good folks on Discord I decided to change up my tag!

I do need to fix it so it reads as Co-oper instead of looking like I'm trying to spell the name properly. Or I suppose I could go with the kind words from Discord in their entirety. Not sure about being the 'co-op king' though. :thinking-face:

Edit: Okay, the former proved to be too long to fix. co-op king it is I suppose! :LOL:

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
We definitely have to get some more rounds of Clue in and it seems that we have quite a bit of interest with that one. Will be great if we get a full game going! :blobcheer:

And I'm up for a fighting game night if folks want to give that a try, the only problem would be figuring out which game or games. I'm pretty limited on hdd space so I could probably only install one of the bigger games.

SFV gets my vote, but I don't mind one bit if folks would want to try another instead. There's been a lot of great fighting games that have hit PC in the past few years after all! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Deleted member 113

Oh, and don't think I've forgotten that we still need to get a proper horror night going FunktionJCB! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

If there's any horror or Halloween themed games you want to give a shot let me know and we can squeeze that in the rotation too. :highfiveblob:
Some other time. :)

Tomorrow I'll have a particularly long, stressful day, that will be horror enough for one day. :LOL:

Do let me know what games you want to play, or try, so I can install them when I arrive home tomorrow.

So it's Clue, SF V, what else?

And hopefully more people will join.
How about it, EdwardTivrusky, Li Kao, ... ?

Maybe Matimeo wants to try out Clue as well?

You're in as well, right, Echoes? ;)

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yup, baring any unforeseen issue I’m in.
I already have SFV installed (along with Tekken 7, GG Rev.2 and Centralfiction... I‘ve gone a little overboard with fighters).

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Some other time. :)

Tomorrow I'll have a particularly long, stressful day, that will be horror enough for one day. :LOL:
Haha! That's fair. We've got all the time to pin down a good date for it so whenever you're up for it make sure to let me know. :)

Do let me know what games you want to play, or try, so I can install them when I arrive home tomorrow.

So it's Clue, SF V, what else?
Something to go in between Clue and SFV would probably be a good idea. I figure SFV can be our opener to get things started with a bang and use Clue at the end to kind of mellow out.

Of course that all depends on who shows up and when. If folks show up early for Clue and don't have too much time to stick around then we can push that to the start.

Kopanito always seems like a good one to have installed since it allows for a large amount of folks to play and is a rather small download. For less folks Helldivers would be good to get back to or even some more Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle or Renegade Ops.

Yup, baring any unforeseen issue I’m in.
I already have SFV installed (along with Tekken 7, GG Rev.2 and Centralfiction... I‘ve gone a little overboard with fighters).
Count me in FunktionJCB ! We can try any of those as well Li Kao , I will include SCVI 😜
Ahhh! You two are killing me here! <slowly walks off to make more hdd space> :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 113

Count me in FunktionJCB ! We can try any of those as well Li Kao , I will include SCVI 😜
I also have SC VI installed, so fine by me. ;)

We have fighters, we have a boardgame, any other games or genres to try?
It's always nice to try something new (especially if the games take a short amount of disk space).

---

On a side note, I would suggest we try Star Trek: Bridge Crew in the future (I never played it, it it seems it might be fun), but I see BlindRhythm and Li Kao didn't took advantage of that Green Man Gaming promotion where you could get the game for free from the Intel website. ;)

Echoes

Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I also have SC VI installed, so fine by me. ;)

We have fighters, we have a boardgame, any other games or genres to try?
It's always nice to try something new (especially if the games take a short amount of disk space).

---

On a side note, I would suggest we try Star Trek: Bridge Crew in the future (I never played it, it it seems it might be fun), but I see BlindRhythm and Li Kao didn't took advantage of that Green Man Gaming promotion where you could get the game for free from the Intel website. ;)
The Black Friday sales are up in Green Man and they are advertising 5 free games with some purchases, so the probability of being those same games is quite high imo.

Edit: After checking it out on the website, they are offering the same games Black Friday Sale Information

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Deep Rock Galactic could be nice, but it seemingly refuses to go sub 15 :confounded-face:
Otherwise I don't know, I could have suggested Gremlins, inc. but I suppose it's long and we already have a boardgame, or Brawlhala but we already have multiple fighters.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hey, tried Clue and it was fun. Gonna try Armello and Gremlins, inc.
Come to think of it, we have Monster Prom too that looks sorta boardgamey.

Edit - Fuuuu, a lot of official boardgames adaptations seem to be botched. This is infuriating to see.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I overthrew BlindRhythm , the King is no more, long live the King ! This is now Li Kao's OT ! :fashionblob:
More seriously, we had a great session yesterday playing Street Fighter V and Clue.
Now I know better than to believe people when they go all 'oh, I'm just a mediocre beginner at versus fighting, yada yada, and fucking yada'. I think I forgot my jaw on the floor somewhere.

My thoughts specially go to the one who has a broken pad, doesn't know how to do specials, and then proceeds to rip your lungs out before you finish saying hello. Not that the other psychos are really better.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Noooo! My crown! :face-screaming-in-fear:

Oh wait.. <lifts couch cushion> there it is. :blobking:

More seriously, we had a great session yesterday playing Street Fighter V and Clue.
Now I know better than to believe people when they go all 'oh, I'm just a mediocre beginner at versus fighting, yada yada, and fucking yada'. I think I forgot my jaw on the floor somewhere.

My thoughts specially go to the one who has a broken pad, doesn't know how to do specials, and then proceeds to rip your lungs out before you finish saying hello. Not that the other psychos are really better.
Agreed! It was a great time getting together with you all again. :highfiveblob:

Don't underestimate yourself, you were starting to recognize and react to everyone toward the end of our session. Had some really close rounds and even pulled off some good wins! I can see you being a really good Lucia player and your Menat will get better.

Whereas for me, I'm capable of pulling off some impressive rounds but it never lasts long. Totally live up to my username. I get into a rhythm without fully realizing or understanding how. :ROFLMAO:

My ceiling is far lower. It's a rut I don't think I'll ever get out of when it comes to fighting games. Still like playing them though.

Echoes R. Mika will give me nightmares forever. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Deleted member 113

My thoughts specially go to the one who has a broken pad, doesn't know how to do specials, and then proceeds to rip your lungs out before you finish saying hello.
:peekphotoblob:

Haha.

I guess yesterday was just my day. ;)
I'm sure you would wipe me any other day.

I had a lot of fun last night, BlindRhythm, Li Kao and Echoes.
It was nice playing with you guys again "full time", after a few weeks.
And I apologize again for cutting short your SF V session, because of my wrist. :face-with-head-bandage:

Whereas for me, I'm capable of pulling off some impressive rounds but it never lasts long. Totally live up to my username. I get into a rhythm without fully realizing or understanding how. :ROFLMAO:
Yesterday I saw, first hand, your "rage mode":
You are like the Hulk: you get angry, and then come back swinging in full force. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Heck, on the first game on Clue, you didn't even give us time to breathe!

Echoes

Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
For the most part the rounds in SFV were close, it was a blast! FunktionJCB was impressive considering that he plays with a worn out pad and with a cat that tries to boycott him anytime :steam_pig_laughing:

We should try SCVI, the playing field will be more even. We barely touched the game and the big patch next week is going to add more moves to the game. I am so glad that you enjoyed playing a fighting game ;)

R.Mika will always be ready for you BlindRhythm 💪💪💪:face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

FunktionJCB was impressive considering that he plays in a worn out pad and with a cat that tries to boycott him anytime :steam_pig_laughing:
Why, thank you! :cat-heart-blob:

As for the cat, I barely slept today, because we bought an artificial Christmas tree (that is still in the box), and all night she "attacked" the box, and all the floor mats in the house. :eek:

We should try SCVI, the playing field will be more even.
Oh, I don't know about that. I will be completely trashed. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I don't even remember the keys, and unlike SF V, it doesn't have a fast character that can jump around like a madman, to disguise that fact. :giggle:

Deleted member 113

After last night's matches, I launched SF V a few minutes ago to do the weekly missions (for the Fight Money), and one of the missions was to play a ranked match.
I always skip this (I previously played a single ranked match since the game launched), but after last night's wins I decided to give it a go and... I won a ranked match!

I now have the awesome score of... 2 ranked wins in 3 and a half years!!! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Figured I'd try my luck as well and managed to get my first win ever. Now I'm a whopping 1-6 in ranked matches! Well, in SFV at least, we won't talk about my SFIV record. Or other fighting games.. Like my very poor DB FighterZ record.. :LOL:

Still came close to losing the match. Not sure I'm cut out for fighting games competitively.

Edit: Realized I forgot to say congrats! Great job on the win Funktion! :highfiveblob:

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks BlindRhythm and Echoes. ;)

And congratulations for your win as well, BlindRhythm. (y)

I played against an R. Mika, and used some simple moves, but I was aggressive, and won 2-0 with relative ease. :blobcheer:
Correction : you are not agressive. You play like a cat whose tail has been stepped on :sweaty-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Like a bunch of folks I received an extra copy of State of Decay YOSE and considering I had already bought YOSE previously that means it's one I can gift.

So I figured I'd give the co-op crew first dibs on it! Which I should mention when I say co-op crew I mean anyone that checks out the thread. So even if you haven't participated in any of the events so far that's totally fine!

The thread is for all folks who have even the slightest interest in co-op games after all. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Going to try my best to make it to today's event though I might be a little late. My brother and nephew are still in town so I'm going to go have lunch with them and maybe go do a little shopping together.

No worries if you all start before I'm back, don't feel you have to delay things for me. :)

I'll join in as soon as I possibly can! :highfiveblob:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Okay, there's 3 days left on the Seal, i've just got paid and wanna look at some Co-Op/Steam Remote Play compatible games.
What have you lot bought that i need to think about getting? :blobeyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Okay, there's 3 days left on the Seal, i've just got paid and wanna look at some Co-Op/Steam Remote Play compatible games.
What have you lot bought that i need to think about getting? :blobeyes:
There's so many choices, I don't know what to suggest! :face-screaming-in-fear:

Let's see what I can come up with. There is stuff like Stardew Valley, Terraria/Starbound or even something a little slower like Total War or Civ, but those would require far more commitment than our events. So I'll stick with some easier choices that fit our events a little better for now. :)
  • Warhammer Vermintide 2
  • Strange Brigade
  • Nine Parchments
  • Full Metal Furies
  • The Escapists 2
  • Tower Unite
  • Titan Quest
  • Grim Dawn
  • The Trine series
  • Halo
  • Destiny 2
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Blackout Club
As I already mentioned to BlindRhythm, Disc Jam is currently on sale, it should be a pretty entertaining game to play together. I tried to beta a while ago and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for suggesting that in the thread too! It looks like a great one! Plus being a huge Windjammers fan I'm looking forward to checking it out. :highfiveblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Had a great time playing Rayman Legends and Spelunky over Steam Remote Play Together with Li Kao , Echoes and BlindRhythm ! We should work on our coordination a bit though ;)
So glad you could make it! It was a great time!

And you're not wrong about the coordination part though if I can borrow a phrase my buddy and I came up with a few years ago in regards to our co-op sessions, it's charmingly chaotic. :LOL:

I also couldn't be more pleased that not once, but twice now we've been able to hold one of these events on one of our good friends birthdays. Thank you guys for sharing your special days with us and hopefully it helped make your days even better! :cat-heart-blob: