Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Uhh... I don't have any of those. I only have weeb games. :02sad:
Oh, I know! Tales of Vesperia has local co-op. Maybe I'll try that!
As a quick check for eligible games, create a new Dynamic collection and choose Co-op as a tag, then multiplayer etc if nothing appears.
I got the task from Risk of Rain 2 and inviting an offline friend, so it should be quite easy to get.

Edit: For start times i'd second Echoes and just say turn up Friday/Saturday Evenings so people hop in or arrange something with the group. It's not supposed to be stressful so let's give a span of time and people can turn up when convenient and jump in. Don't stress it, blindrhythm.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
You're welcome! If you need someone to help later you're always welcome to ask me if I'm on. :)

And yep, the Tales games should work and are a great choice! Secret of Mana too if you have that
As a quick check for eligible games, create a new Dynamic collection and choose Co-op as a tag, then multiplayer etc if nothing appears.
I got the task from Risk of Rain 2 and inviting an offline friend, so it should be quite easy to get.
Thanks for the tips and recommendations. :02love:

I managed to ding the quest and I now have 10K tokens. Sadly I'll have to spend it on cosmetics. :02dead:

Anyway, much appreciated! :dana_wink:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Co-op sessions with granular start times, very interesting option.
I think the only potential issue related to start times is if you arrive on schedule and everyone is already playing and you can't join / don't get a lot of interest in the chat because other people are busy.

Maybe just have granular start times with people looking up to see if there are new arrivals who would want to play. Like at 22:00 GMT+1 for example.
I don't know if I make sense, I'm basically advocating for a scheduled pause in order to integrate potential new people.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Edit: For start times i'd second Echoes and just say turn up Friday/Saturday Evenings so people hop in or arrange something with the group. It's not supposed to be stressful so let's give a span of time and people can turn up when convenient and jump in. Don't stress it, blindrhythm.
Thanks!

And thank you to everyone else as well! As always I appreciate the support and helping me to realize it's not that bad. :blobhug:

This should be an exciting start to a new year with the co-op crew, not me in crisis mode. I always take my own screw ups harder than I should, especially when they potentially affect other folks. I need to do better about understanding it's not always the end of the world when it happens. :LOL:

Anyway, the dawn of a new event is upon us and I'm totally excited to see what we decide to play! The good news is if we narrow it down to two choices we can always use the /flip command in Steam chat now to help us out.

Deleted member 113

Guys, sorry for going a little OT, but since I know you were playing Halo in co-op a few weeks ago, may I ask:

Regarding the below event:

How long does it take to complete:
beat the par score on any two snowy campaign missions.
  • ONI Sword Base (Halo: Reach)
  • The Package (Halo: Reach)

I'm unfamiliar with the game, so are those story missions, a separate mode, ... ?

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Guys, sorry for going a little OT, but since I know you were playing Halo in co-op a few weeks ago, may I ask:

Regarding the below event:

How long does it take to complete:
beat the par score on any two snowy campaign missions.
  • ONI Sword Base (Halo: Reach)
  • The Package (Halo: Reach)

I'm unfamiliar with the game, so are those story missions, a separate mode, ... ?
Oh! I'm so sorry! I meant to respond to your post in the other thread and forgot to do so. :disappointed-face:

Yep, those are story missions and I'd say they could probably be completed in about 30 minutes or so. If The Package is the one I'm thinking of it's the longest mission of those two and can be a little tough, but shouldn't be a problem beating the par score.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Oh! I'm so sorry! I meant to respond to your post in the other thread and forgot to do so. :disappointed-face:

Yep, those are story missions and I'd say they could probably be completed in about 30 minutes or so. If The Package is the one I'm thinking of it's the longest mission of those two and can be a little tough, but shouldn't be a problem beating the par score.
Thank you, BlindRhythm.

Do you remember if these missions are early on, or nearly the end?
I'll probably only have the chance to play it tomorrow (the last day before the event ends), so I'm not sure if I'll manage. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
ONI Sword base is level 2 or 3 I believe and The Package is a few after that. I think you're able to pick which level you start with though, so you could just select those and try to beat the score.

But in case I'm wrong about selecting levels.. then I'm always around to help out if you need. I know that once you've finished the story you can select them for sure. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Deleted member 113

ONI Sword base is level 2 or 3 I believe and The Package is a few after that. I think you're able to pick which level you start with though, so you could just select those and try to beat the score.

But in case I'm wrong about selecting levels.. then I'm always around to help out if you need. I know that once you've finished the story you can select them for sure. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Thanks for your help, as usual, BlindRhythm. :cat-heart-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for your help, as usual, BlindRhythm. :cat-heart-blob:
No problem! Always happy to help out a friend! :photoblobheart:

Also want to thank Li Kao and NeuralProxy for joining me tonight to play some Heave Ho! :highfiveblob:

That game continues to be one that has so many moments that should be frustrating but it never feels like it. The levels are short enough and it respawns you so quickly, while also being pretty generous with its respawn locations usually. Not to mention the controls and gameplay are just wonky and goofy enough that it's hard not to end a level laughing.

It's one game I was so so happy to have picked up last year. I can see it being one I go back to often to share with new folks or to screw around in some levels with others I've already completed it with.

Deleted member 113

BlindRhythm, sorry for the follow-up, but I've played the game for a couple of hours, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my time and scores are miles from the par ones. Like, getting 2000 or 4000 points for stages with a par of... 25000! And in terms of time, I'm taking like 3 times the time needed.
And weirdly, I just finished mission 4 "Nightfall", I got the achievement for it, but I don't have a score listed on the top of scores???

Any tips?

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
BlindRhythm, sorry for the follow-up, but I've played the game for a couple of hours, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my time and scores are miles from the par ones. Like, getting 2000 or 4000 points for stages with a par of... 25000! And in terms of time, I'm taking like 3 times the time needed.
And weirdly, I just finished mission 4 "Nightfall", I got the achievement for it, but I don't have a score listed on the top of scores???

Any tips?
No need to apologize. :)

Difficulty adds to the score multiplier and so does the skulls you can add. Some of the skulls are frustrating depending on which ones you pair them with, like if you use the no hud one in addition to the melee to recharge shields one.

I haven't beaten the par score yet either, but I was only about 2000 away on heroic difficulty with 4 skulls equipped.

My best suggestion is to always keep sprint equipped and never let the ai drive. That way it helps keep your time down. Granted the ai is usually okay at getting to the correct destination while driving so if you don't know a level well it's not a bad option but they drive far slower than you can.

The scoreboard seems to be broken on the mission select screen, or is for me at least, I was able to find my times and scores by going back to the main menu and going into career, then on the far right is leaderboards.

Deleted member 113

BlindRhythm, I just noticed I have to beat the par score for the missions, not par time. :eek:

So, I guess I won't be able to to it.

The other way is:

«Complete (without quitting) 10 matchmaking (PvP and/or Firefight) matches on snowy maps.
-Breakpoint (Halo: Reach)
-Sword Base (Halo: Reach)
-Solitary (Halo: Reach)
-Glacier (Halo: Reach)»

Since I'm a complete "newbie" in the game, regarding the above, what is the Firefight mode (is is also PvP, or PvE)?
Also, regarding that matchmaking requirement, can I play the game with/against friends, and count, or does it have to be with/against random people?

Edit:
I was searching around, and it seems Firefight is a wave-based PvE mode like Killing Floor. Am I right?
If it is, do you know if by matchmaking, do I have to play with random people, or does it count with friends?
Because if it counts, anyone up to play a few matches this afternoon, in a few hours?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Since I'm a complete "newbie" in the game, regarding the above, what is the Firefight mode (is is also PvP, or PvE)?
Also, regarding that matchmaking requirement, can I play the game with/against friends, and count, or does it have to be with/against random people?

Edit:
I was searching around, and it seems Firefight is a wave-based PvE mode like Killing Floor. Am I right?
If it is, do you know if by matchmaking, do I have to play with random people, or does it count with friends?
Because if it counts, anyone up to play a few matches this afternoon, in a few hours?

I haven't tried out Firefight yet so I can't really say one way or the other, sorry. :disappointed-face:

But I am totally up for helping out and seeing if friend sessions do count. Let me know whenever you're ready to give it a shot and I'll be there! :dmcblob:

Deleted member 113

I haven't tried out Firefight yet so I can't really say one way or the other, sorry. :disappointed-face:

But I am totally up for helping out and seeing if friend sessions do count. Let me know whenever you're ready to give it a shot and I'll be there! :dmcblob:
Hi. :)

I have to leave, and I'll be back home in 2 hours.
Can we try then?

If it's not too much to ask, can you please check how hosting or inviting works, so we can play together?
For some reason, from the listed "winter" maps at the news post for the event, I'm only seeing one (it's probably because I only finished chapter 7 at the moment).

Thanks, BlindRhythm. :blobcheer:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Thank you for all your help tonight, BlindRhythm. :cat-heart-blob:
Of course! Always happy to help! :photoblobheart:

We destroyed the first par score, but sadly as I mentioned The Package can kind of be a pain. Sorry that we weren't able to complete that one for the ugly sweater event.

Came close at least and put in a really strong effort. We were what, about 6k off on our one attempt? Not too bad at all.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Humble freebie:

Reminder:

Quoting for the co-op thread !
Thanks to Wok for the tip.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Yeeeeeee, Steam : booyakasha340

I'm down for huh

Monster Hunter World, Lost Planet 2, Helldivers, Divinity Original Sin and a couple of others !
I'm always down for some multiplayer action. Feel free to add me on Steam. Steam Community :: Kandrick

Is there a discord or something people use to see who's up for some games ?
Yay! Always great seeing new folks pop into the thread! :blobcheer:

Everyone is welcome to add me as well. Don't worry, I won't force anyone into playing co-op stuff if they don't want to. Despite what folks might have heard I don't have mind control powers.. yet. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

I also PMed you an invite to the co-op Discord, Kandrick. And a quick reminder for you both, there's going to be a community event in about an hour and a half that you're welcome to join. If you can't make it that's totally cool too. They're every Friday so don't feel pressured into having to be there.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Thanks to both Echoes and Kandrick for playing tonight! Got to play some old and new games alike, all of which were a blast to play together.

Some Wild Guns, a classic I haven't played since I was a kid. A little Heave Ho again. Some Circuit Breakers which is another game sort of like Smash TV but with some twists on that formula. Actually.. maybe a little more like Assault Android Cactus now that I think about it.

And finally some more Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. One that I really hope we can get a 4 player team going eventually. Such a cute and charming game. We must save all of our animal friends! :heroblob:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I am so glad you enjoyed the selection ;)

The remote play option truly gives a second chance to many games in the library, games like Circuit Breakers for example. Playing alone was nothing special but with a couple of friends it becomes more interesting. It's worth checking some of these less known games :detectiveblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
A huge thank you to both Echoes and Kandrick for joining me again for our event. It's something I look forward to every time and being able to try out new games with good folks is a highlight of my week.

It has been a difficult time for me lately and one that I won't get into here but I will say that being able to share amazing and/or hilarious moments with you all has been great at cheering me up or helping boost an already good mood. I'm truly grateful and lucky to have so many folks I can call friends. :cat-heart-blob:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
A huge thank you to both Echoes and Kandrick for joining me again for our event. It's something I look forward to every time and being able to try out new games with good folks is a highlight of my week.

It has been a difficult time for me lately and one that I won't get into here but I will say that being able to share amazing and/or hilarious moments with you all has been great at cheering me up or helping boost an already good mood. I'm truly grateful and lucky to have so many folks I can call friends. :cat-heart-blob:
:wd_heart:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
We got your back BlindRhythm ;)

As I mentioned in the chat, I didn't expect N++ to be such a great coop game. One moment I was laughing so hard at some of our deaths, the next celebrating with my arms in the air after beating a tough level. It has all you need to have fun with friends. On top of that we are doing pretty good, we breezed past some of those sets :blobcheer:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
February update! One month down but we've got many more co-op events yet to come! :blobcheer:

• Added Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 & 3 to the co-op list (also added 3 to the OP co-op section)
  • Added Hellfront: Honeymoon to the co-op list
  • Added Unrailed! to the co-op list
  • Added Dragon Quest Builders 2 to the co-op list
  • Added Headsnatchers to the competitive list
  • Added Blast Zone Tournament to the competitive list
  • Added Temtem to the MMO list (also added to the OP MMO section)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
If anyone is interested in Wolfy Youngblood coop via PC game pass Im in.
I've beaten the game previously so I can say it's definitely a good one to experience with other folks who are also coming to it fresh but I don't mind doing another playthrough if you still need a co-op partner. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
This just released, seems highly serious, perfect for us.

Even better, Augmented Steam tells me it is currently 6,77 euros on Gamersgate, not bad.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
This just released, seems highly serious, perfect for us.

Even better, Augmented Steam tells me it is currently 6,77 euros on Gamersgate, not bad.
It reminds me a little bit of another co-op game I've had my eye on, Moving Out. Though obviously moving in rather than out.

It looks like a fun one and I'm sure it will be great for some chaotic moments. :)

But roommates, huh? Well all I can say is the co-op king refuses to wear pants around the apartment/spaceship! :blobking:

And yes, he refers to himself in the third person sometimes!

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
March update time! Sorry it's a little late everyone. Been dealing with a slight cold/fever the past few days.

• Added Dungeon Defenders: Awakened to the OP co-op section and our co-op list
  • Added Borderlands 3 to the OP co-op section and our co-op list
  • Added State of Decay 2 to the OP co-op section and our co-op list
  • Added Bleeding Edge to the OP competitive section and our competitive list
  • Added The Adventure Pals to our co-op list
  • Added Charlie Murder to our co-op list
  • Added Enter the Gungeon to our co-op list
  • Added Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA to our co-op list
  • Added Guiding Light to our co-op list (thanks FunktionJCB!)
  • Added Out of Space to our co-op list (thanks Li Kao!)
Bring on the events! Bring on the chaos these games sometimes throw at us! But above all bring on the fun and hilarious moments they bring! :blobcheer:

I look forward to continuing to share all of those wonderful moments with everyone here. Making great memories with good friends is something that can't be beat. :cat-heart-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I came across this game a couple months ago and almost bought it then.

I've always loved prop hunt modes and toward the end of my time with Team Fortress 2 that's almost all I would play. It's such a goofy and chill mode, while also becoming very tense near the end if you're the only prop left.

The gist of the mode for anyone that hasn't played it before or anything like it is this; it's basically hide and seek. Some players are on the seek team and others are hiding. Those hiding take on the appearance of a prop and are given time to find a good spot to hide, ideally trying your best to appear like a normal prop in the world.

With enough folks I think this could be a really great one for our events. :cuteblob:

Edit: So I see the description for the game sums it up pretty well too, huh? Well.. clearly I knew that.. yeah. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Wanted to pop into the thread to thank Echoes and Kandrick for joining me last night to test out Peekaboo. Even with the three of us it was still a great time! Though due to the maps being rather large it would definitely benefit from having a few more folks.

I feel I should also share a horror story about the game that we discovered, it has quite possibly the worst form of vampirism or reincarnation that one could imagine.. when you're killed as a prop you return as a cop! :face-screaming-in-fear:

Or a pirate depending on the map. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Also thanks to Echoes seemingly bottomless bag of co-op goodies we also spent some more time with N++ and tried a little Jamestown, which is one I haven't played for years. It was nice being reminded how good that game is.

And for anyone that would like to join us on Fridays please don't worry if you haven't taken part before or if you might only be able to join us for a short time. Or even if you can only make it to an event sporadically. It's no problem at all. We rarely have a set plan for games and we'll play just about anything. So if you have a game you would like to try out and/or don't mind a little craziness while we figure out what to play next we would love to have you join us sometime! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes: