OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
April update!

• Added Fallout 76 to the OP co-op section and our co-op list
  • Added Moving Out to the OP co-op section and our co-op list
  • Added Biped to the OP co-op section and our co-op list (thanks Francis W.M.)
  • Added Hacktag to our co-op list (thanks Echoes)
  • Added One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 to our co-op list
  • Added Resident Evil Resistance to the OP competitive section and to our competitive list

Thank you to everyone who continues to check in here and for making our events ones to remember every week. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Got a big announcement for folks! It's one I hope everyone will be excited for.

Starting at the end of this month I will start working on an overhaul of the OP to give it a fresh, new look. So if anyone has some suggestions for changes they'd like to see please feel free to share them. As I've always said this is a thread for all of us and would love to work as a team to make this a better thread for everyone. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also, finally I realized my one year anniversary on this site is coming up soon and would like to celebrate with you all.. which funnily enough I now realize it's coincidentally this Friday. However, please don't feel forced to join the event this Friday as a result of what I've just said or what I'm about to say. As always I never want to pressure anyone into joining.

To celebrate my one year here I would like to do a giveaway. Actually.. it's two giveaways. One will be a $60 single player game of your choosing and the second will be a $60 co-op game of your choosing. So taking inspiration from Queen's generous giveaways I'm going to ask that folks leave a number starting with 1 and also mention if you're interested in the single player or the co-op game.

Again, thank you to everyone who has taken an interest in this thread and/or joined us for the events and our Discord server. Your continued interest and support has been truly wonderful and heartwarming.

Also while this is something I should probably save for the one year anniversary of this thread, I do want to give another huge thank you to those that helped get this all started with me.

Echoes, one half of the famous co-op duo. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
Li Kao, you've been such a big help through the months. Hope to have you join us again soon! :cat-heart-blob:
FunktionJCB, your generosity and ideas that you've shared were always appreciated. Thank you and hope to see you again soon too!
EdwardTivrusky, you've shared a lot of great co-op game recommendations and were a joy to have with us during our events. As I said with Li Kao and Funktion I hope to see you again in the future too!
Arsene, one of our first members on Discord. Thank you for helping Echoes, Li Kao and myself get that going.
MonthOLDpickle, one of the first folks on this forum to play some co-op with me. Appreciate all of the time we've spent playing, buddy. Here's to many more months and years!
And of course lashman. Thank you for helping answer the questions I had when I first started this thread and your continued support. It means a great deal.

Thanks to Eternal Queen for her continued generosity we also have another bonus for this giveaway. :highfiveblob:

One lucky winner will get a code for £40 to spend at gmg. So for those interested in that as well please mention gmg in your post.

Last edited:

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Got a big announcement for folks! It's one I hope everyone will be excited for.

Starting at the end of this month I will start working on an overhaul of the OP to give it a fresh, new look. So if anyone has some suggestions for changes they'd like to see please feel free to share them. As I've always said this is a thread for all of us and would love to work as a team to make this a better thread for everyone. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also, finally I realized my one year anniversary on this site is coming up soon and would like to celebrate with you all.. which funnily enough I now realize it's coincidentally this Friday. However, please don't feel forced to join the event this Friday as a result of what I've just said or what I'm about to say. As always I never want to pressure anyone into joining.

To celebrate my one year here I would like to do a giveaway. Actually.. it's two giveaways. One will be a $60 single player game of your choosing and the second will be a $60 co-op game of your choosing. So taking inspiration from Queen's generous giveaways I'm going to ask that folks leave a number starting with 1 and also mention if you're interested in the single player or the co-op game.

Again, thank you to everyone who has taken an interest in this thread and/or joined us for the events and our Discord server. Your continued interest and support has been truly wonderful and heartwarming.

Also while this is something I should probably save for the one year anniversary of this thread, I do want to give another huge thank you to those that helped get this all started with me.

Echoes, one half of the famous co-op duo. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
Li Kao, you've been such a big help through the months. Hope to have you join us again soon! :cat-heart-blob:
FunktionJCB, your generosity and ideas that you've shared were always appreciated. Thank you and hope to see you again soon too!
EdwardTivrusky, you've shared a lot of great co-op game recommendations and were a joy to have with us during our events. As I said with Li Kao and Funktion I hope to see you again in the future too!
Arsene, one of our first members on Discord. Thank you for helping Echoes, Li Kao and myself get that going.
MonthOLDpickle, one of the first folks on this forum to play some co-op with me. Appreciate all of the time we've spent playing, buddy. Here's to many more months and years!
And of course lashman. Thank you for helping answer the questions I had when I first started this thread and your continued support. It means a great deal.
amazing and good luck to everyone and who enter :D

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Also if someone doesn't mind, you're welcome to mention the giveaway in the Steam thread as well. The more the merrier and everyone is welcome to join. :blobcheer:

And one more quick reminder to cover how this is going to work, please put a number and whether you're interested in the single player or co-op game. Also if you would like to enter for a chance to win that code for gmg that Queen has donated for this giveaway make sure to mention that too. Good luck to everyone!

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
After all this social distancing and exclusively playing single-player games, I wouldn't mind jumping in on some multiplayer/co-op shenanigans! I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Looking through my co-op category on Steam I'd want to check out any of these at some point:

Astroneer
Battleblock Theater
Resident Evil 5
Human: Fall Flat
Lara Croft-series
Portal 2
Risk of Rain 2

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
After all this social distancing and exclusively playing single-player games, I wouldn't mind jumping in on some multiplayer/co-op shenanigans! I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Looking through my co-op category on Steam I'd want to check out any of these at some point:

Astroneer
Battleblock Theater
Resident Evil 5
Human: Fall Flat
Lara Croft-series
Portal 2
Risk of Rain 2
That's a solid list! Recently played through RE5 again and only the second time I've played it co-op and it still holds up pretty well. There's an fov mod that helps quite a bit.

Also if you ever feel up to it in the future we can try getting a Risk of Rain 2 group going for one of our Friday events. It's a great one with a couple folks but really shines with a full group. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also so glad to see some folks entering! Keep 'em coming folks! :blobcheer:

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
4 single-player game / GMG

I appreciate the generosity!

That's a solid list! Recently played through RE5 again and only the second time I've played it co-op and it still holds up pretty well. There's an fov mod that helps quite a bit.

Also if you ever feel up to it in the future we can try getting a Risk of Rain 2 group going for one of our Friday events. It's a great one with a couple folks but really shines with a full group. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also so glad to see some folks entering! Keep 'em coming folks! :blobcheer:
Yeah, I'm up for that for sure.

I'll look into the FoV mod too, seems useful. :blobeyes:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
5 SP Game / GMG code.
Thanks for the giveaway!

But I’m really glad you guys are still going strong with the coop crew. Ive been really swamped in recent months so I haven’t been able to take part myself but It seems like you guys have no shortage of players😜

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I'll look into the FoV mod too, seems useful. :blobeyes:
Found the link for the one I used.

5 SP Game / GMG code.
Thanks for the giveaway!

But I’m really glad you guys are still going strong with the coop crew. Ive been really swamped in recent months so I haven’t been able to take part myself but It seems like you guys have no shortage of players😜
Haha! Glad to see you back in here. And no worries at all, I completely understand that. I've been in kind of a similar situation the last few months that's sort of kept me in auto pilot.

We'll love to have you join us again sometime when you're feeling up to it! :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
6 Singleplayer / Queen surprise

I've wanted to play coop games for so long now but was always a bit scared of jumping in.
Hope that'll change with your great thread here. Thanks to both blindrhythm & queen for their efforts to bring more exposure.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I've wanted to play coop games for so long now but was always a bit scared of jumping in.
Hope that'll change with your great thread here. Thanks to both blindrhythm & queen for their efforts to bring more exposure.
We would love to have you join our events or even stop by the thread to find a partner or two for a game. :photoblobheart:

Which only when you're ready of course. I can say that when it comes to our events that personal skill is never a concern so don't ever worry if you're not an expert with a certain game or have never played it. Folks are always patient and helpful. As a good friend of mine always says, it's a team effort. We've got each other's backs. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

We often switch up what we're playing each week and try our best to make sure as many folks as possible are able to play. Recently we've started trying out the Jackbox games and some of us got back into Alien Swarm.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
7 Co-Op / GMG

Please excuse me for not answering earlier, I read your original post just I was lying in bed for the night.
I will try to be here Friday, I mean this is your forum anniversary ! Whatever you say, it's a good opportunity to play together ! :photoblobheart:

And on a final note, I would like to say I feel guilty for not being present for too long now. The reasons are pretty easy for me to guess, insomnia, anguish through the roof for the last few weeks, and bah, I suppose old habits die hard and I'm still an extremely shy boy in a grown-up world.
But I miss you people ! And I'm super glad to know the Friday session is doing great ! :dabblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Great work and effort man. Good luck to everybody who enters!
Maybe one day I can (for real) join the coop fun :)
Thanks! :)

I look forward to playing together sometime in the future!

Please excuse me for not answering earlier, I read your original post just I was lying in bed for the night.
I will try to be here Friday, I mean this is your forum anniversary ! Whatever you say, it's a good opportunity to play together ! :photoblobheart:

And on a final note, I would like to say I feel guilty for not being present for too long now. The reasons are pretty easy for me to guess, insomnia, anguish through the roof for the last few weeks, and bah, I suppose old habits die hard and I'm still an extremely shy boy in a grown-up world.
But I miss you people ! And I'm super glad to know the Friday session is doing great ! :dabblob:
Haha! I'm truly flattered you will try to make it on Friday. Thank you! :cat-heart-blob:

And I fully get where you're coming from when it comes to being shy. I still have a little shyness myself. I know it might not seem like it sometimes given how expressive I can be. :LOL:

But I still don't do great in large groups. Doing all of this co-op stuff has been helping me get over that little by little. I still have a long way to go but I'm getting there.

We've certainly missed you too and will love having you back when you're ready. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also don't forget to get those entries in, folks! You've got a few more days to enter for a chance at one of two $60 games and a chance to win a gmg code that was donated by Queen. Everyone is welcome to enter whether you're regulars in here or not.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
9 Single Player / GMG

I guess I missed this thread entirely so I feel bad about that, but now I have an entire thing to read!

Just as a uh... added thing Synthetik is pretty awesome in CO OP

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
10 Single player/gmg

I had such high hopes for getting more co-op time in with you guys, but my schedule being the garbage that it is didn't help. Oddly the next couple weeks I am able to join in and hope I can do so on Friday. I'll keep my eyes on this thread for more info regarding that :)

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
11 Coop/GMG code

Haven't played something with other people in a long time, probably since the Witcher event for MHW, I guess the mood for it wasn't there for me

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Just as a uh... added thing Synthetik is pretty awesome in CO OP
Agreed! It can take a little time to learn how everything works but it has a really fun gameplay loop that's made better with some friends.

I had such high hopes for getting more co-op time in with you guys, but my schedule being the garbage that it is didn't help. Oddly the next couple weeks I am able to join in and hope I can do so on Friday. I'll keep my eyes on this thread for more info regarding that :)
Oh no worries at all! I'm glad to hear that you might be able to join us one of these Fridays. :highfiveblob:

And even if you're only able to join in sporadically going forward that's perfectly fine too. This thread and our events should be around for a long long time.

First time poster! I decided to check in here to see if people were playing Fallout 76 and see if they were having fun?
If I actually manage to get my internet connection at the beginning of may I think I would like to join in on all the coop fun!:D
Yay! Good to see you in here! Fingers crossed that all goes well with your internet connection. :cat-heart-blob:

I played a little F76 tonight with MonthOLDpickle and while it's still a little janky in spots it's got enough modern Fallout mechanics and gameplay that I'm having a good time with it so far.

A quick thank you to everyone for your kind words. The kindness many of you have shown me over the past year is what gave me the idea to do this giveaway in the first place and I'm so glad that I'm able to do it. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
BlindRhythm FO76 How is it in coop versus playing it solo? I'm downloading it now so I'm hoping I can play it solo until I can play multiplayer for real. I'm actually quite hyped! :D
I'd compare it a little to how Generation Zero works. It's totally possible to treat it as a single player game. You're able to do pretty much everything solo and have fun doing it but you can also bring some friends along to share that fun with.

The biggest difference between the two is that with F76 you will occasionally see others in the world and world events do occur from time to time which works similar to how most modern MMO's do it, meaning that everyone in the zone can participate and get rewarded even if they're not in a group.

As long as you don't mind a few bugs and glitches I'm sure you'll have a great time with it! :)

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I'd compare it a little to how Generation Zero works. It's totally possible to treat it as a single player game. You're able to do pretty much everything solo and have fun doing it but you can also bring some friends along to share that fun with.

The biggest difference between the two is that with F76 you will occasionally see others in the world and world events do occur from time to time which works similar to how most modern MMO's do it, meaning that everyone in the zone can participate and get rewarded even if they're not in a group.

As long as you don't mind a few bugs and glitches I'm sure you'll have a great time with it! :)
Aah, I'm playing Generation Zero right now and loving it. But I don't have to connect to a server or anything like that in FO76? in GZ it isn't a big deal if my connection drops out sometimes.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Aah, I'm playing Generation Zero right now and loving it. But I don't have to connect to a server or anything like that in FO76? in GZ it isn't a big deal if my connection drops out sometimes.
Haha! To be completely honest that's why I made the GZ comparison. I had noticed you playing it a couple times recently. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Though sadly I don't think F76 does have an offline mode but it's pretty generous about dropping you near the location you were last at should you get disconnected.

Sorry, I should have double checked that before getting you even more excited. Hopefully things will be stable more often than not when you play it.

Reactions: Le Pertti
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
So happy seeing more folks entering! :highfiveblob:

But please don't ever worry if you're not able to play co-op right now or even if co-op isn't really your thing in the first place. Again this giveaway is for everyone and is why I chose to add a single player option to it. It probably would have worked better had I created a new thread but at the same time being part of the co-op community here has been so incredible and I wanted to make sure those here were aware too so they could get in on the co-op game.

So yeah, if you're entering for that single player game it's totally cool. No worries at all! :thumbsupblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I keep getting a server disconnect in Fallout 76, is it my connection or because everyone is trying to play it?
Possibly a little of both. Their servers do seem to be getting hammered and I've noticed it taking a little longer to pick up items or a slight delay shooting enemies.

Apparently they also did server maintenance recently which might have also booted you and hopefully they'll eventually get it sorted out so that your disconnects happen less often. :)

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
I could not get into 76 at all, might have played that game wrong. I was just doing some missions over and over that were pretty hard and could not progress at all.
Should I try it again now that it's "fixed"?

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I could not get into 76 at all, might have played that game wrong. I was just doing some missions over and over that were pretty hard and could not progress at all.
Should I try it again now that it's "fixed"?
Haha it's tough saying fixed even with the quotes, especially with the servers currently being sluggish. But it is in a better spot and it's worth checking out for the added NPC stuff to see if that clicks for you.

Reactions: derFeef and lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I was a pretty big fan of fallout 76 even in the beginning but that's mostly because I knew what I was getting into with it at first and that was mostly that it was a survivalesque themed fallout game.
I mean yeah it isn't perfect with its sort of horrible bugs and stuff but now that they're making it even better with npcs and all this other stuff it's like.. "Okay that's cool"
As another suggestion for a game for people to play solo or co-op I strongly recommend:

You're basically dungeon diving into a spooky tower/dungeon while getting money & ore that's used to rebuild a town that can help you on future excursions. It's a roguelite essentially. Your character also gets permanently upgrades so yes you will die but it gets easier and easier but the further you get the harder it will get. There's also Newgame+. DLC also ups difficulty by adding more content for dungeons etc
I played it a ton with my buddy, all of the DLC for it is pretty aces as well

The latest and greatest DLC actually lets you custom create your own hero with any of the abilities in game from any of the other heroes. ( don't own the latest dlc just read about it a lot)

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I liked base Hammerwatch a lot actually. What is Heroes doing better/different?
I did some quick googling because I couldn't actively remember off the top of my head so sorry if some of these are redundant in answering, while they're similar in appearance the back end is quite different. I do remember that they made ranged classes a lot better than before but there's a bunch of other stuff that's overall better.

Heroes of hammerwatch has you level and collect items as well as build your town. Everytime you go through the dungeon it is different. It does not support couch co-op, or co-op on the same computer. It does support online Multiplayer

Hammerwatch has the same dungeon each time, there is no leveling, but you can increase your heroes abilities at the shop. Has couch co-op.

The original Hammerwatch is no rogue-lite. There is no random generation at all. It's more like a action-adventure.

Some of those things are just direct quotes basically from people trying to answer that same question, don't know if it's super helpful, another thing mentioned was that it was basically like saying how Hammerwatch is similar to how the game Gauntlet is with stuff never changing level wise while heroes of hammerwatch is a different experience each go through for dungeons etc since its all random

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
ill enter at number 20 for singleplayer

not got much time at moment to commit fully to a co op game with having ababy and all.

ill pop in this thread more but ill also leave a few recommends for some fun co op games i highly enjoy

titan quest (one of my fav arpg. many will go for grim dawn but i couldnt get into grim dawn, titan quest is the devs first project and feels alot better to me probs helps that i love the setting too but i find grimdawn falls of a cliff and has no sense of direction because the maps are far to large.
lord of rings war in north (realllllly underrated such a fun game especially as a lord rings fan too really fun in co op aswell )

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im considering getting Heave Ho on Steam, looks a lot of fun, anyone here wanna interested too? Thank to remote play togehter you don't even need a copy yourself to play, never tried remote play together so don't know how it works.

Deleted member 113

Im considering getting Heave Ho on Steam, looks a lot of fun, anyone here wanna interested too? Thank to remote play togehter you don't even need a copy yourself to play, never tried remote play together so don't know how it works.
One of the last times I played with the co-op gang, we played Heave Ho.
It was a chaotic, fun, mess. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: