Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019

The idea for this thread is to give folks a place to come and find others to play with or find some help if they run into a tough spot in a game that offers multiplayer. However, if you're just looking for a new multiplayer game to pick up with some friends that's great too!

Ideally it will be able to encompass all multiplayer games that folks can play together. If you're looking for a third for Apex Legends, perfect. Need someone to help out on your farm in Stardew Valley? Ask away! Heck, want to find others to fill up your fighting game lobby? Go for it! Or how about a few people to fill out a dungeon or raid group in an MMO? Yep, that works too.

We have a Discord server up for everyone to join if they would like! You're not required to play with anyone nor are you required to use a mic, you can stop by and just chat too. If you're ever interested in checking it out you're more than welcome to ask for an invite anytime!

Also everyone is welcome to check out and add to the screenshot album a little farther down! I'll try to pick out a couple each month to highlight. Though please keep it to co-op screens only. We already have an amazing screenshot thread here on the forum that has some stunning work and I don't want to take away from that or our Discord server. It's mainly for catching some good moments with other folks from the co-op crew.

Our events will be making a return very soon!

Our community events occur once a month on Friday and start around 5:00pm EST. We pride ourselves on trying to find games that work for everyone attending whether it's using Steam's remote play together or something that only requires one person to have it like the Jackbox series.

Personal skill is never an issue for our events. If you're not the best at a certain genre or game there's no need to worry. Or if it's a game you don't care for just let us know and we'll work to find another one to try. Ultimately as long as folks are having a good time that's all that matters. Sharing laughs and making good memories is what this is all about.

Revealed content
Upcoming or newly released games or DLC:

Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Some other game suggestions:

• For The King - 3 player turn based board style game - mostly CoOp (with some modes for a little competition)
  • Full Metal Furies - Action adventure game that has unique team based stuff
  • GTAV - Has some interesting things you can do Co-Op wise
  • Mercenary Kings - Side scrolling game with missions you get stuff and craft (think monster hunter but military)
  • Moon Hunters - RPG like game where you got 5 days to explore (it unlocks more stuff as you go)
  • Project Zomboid - Survival, Zombies, bird eye view. Has RPG skills.
  • PULSAR: Lost Colony - Space Sim where you get roles on a space ship (pilot, captain, engineer, etc) that does have combat (can board ships, land at stations)
  • Risk of Rain 2 - 3D version of the first one - Action game racing against a timer with classes and item unlocks
  • Terarria - Side loot progression game
  • The Forest - Build stuff and deal with moving nightmares
  • WH: Vermintide 2 - The L4D2 style game that isn't about range
  • We Need To Go Deeper - 2 to 4 player CoOp submarine roguelike. Verne-inspired.

Deleted member 113

Thanks for the thread, blindrhythm . (y)

Now, we just need to get some Meta games going! :highfiveblob:
Let's try to get 6-10 people or so one of these days, soon-ish, to play a multiplayer game.

If we could find a day and time schedule that people could attend, it would be awesome to make a private server, and play something.

If something like this were to happen, what would people like to play?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Was wondering when a thread like this would get made, Thanks blindrhythm! :cat-heart-blob:

This has been one of my go to games to play with friends. I backed it on kickstarter in 2015 (anyone who backed it got access to the game almost a year before it went into EA.) and I always go back to it. Currently sitting at 238 hours.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Now, we just need to get some Meta games going! :highfiveblob:
Let's try to get 6-10 people or so one of these days, soon-ish, to play a multiplayer game.

If we could find a day and time schedule that people could attend, it would be awesome to make a private server, and play something.

If something like this were to happen, what would people like to play?
Heck yeah! And I should be thanking you as well. If not for your idea about starting up some co-op events this thread might not have happened! :cat-heart-blob:

I'd throw out a suggestion for Team Fortress 2 as a competitive one or I think you or someone else mentioned UT 2004, that would be awesome too! Overwatch customs could be good.

But a co-op one that could be good would be something like Arma 3, Killing Floor 2 or something slower like Civ 6 could work too.

Was wondering when a thread like this would get made, Thanks blindrhythm! :cat-heart-blob:

This has been one of my go to games to play with friends. I backed it on kickstarter in 2015 (anyone who backed it got access to the game almost a year before it went into EA.) and I always go back to it. Currently sitting at 238 hours.
I noticed you playing it a few times and was curious about it. Looks pretty interesting, thanks for sharing! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
So happy to see folks popping in here! :cat-heart-blob:

I'll put some more work into the OP later tonight before I head to bed and also add some of the recommendations you all have made to it. I'll make sure to give credit to you all as well! Thank you so much for all of the help! :highfiveblob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I love this thread. Top work from a top poster :cat-heart-blob:

On the presentation side of things maybe we could add a little text about each multiplayer genre with screenshots from some of the big game in them.

On the organization side, I’m really afraid that gamers generally being not very sociable could be an issue. Another being the timezones. Maybe a MetaWest MetaCentral and MetaEast could help. We still could do a MetaWorld for the courageous souls that don’t have a problem playing outside their timezone or more probably earlier or latter than they are used to sometimes when it happens.

I think Lashman could, if he wants it evidently, open some subchannel on his discord dedicated to this endeavor. I also think a real Meta Discord would help make it official, but I may be totally wrong and don’t want to annoy anyone.

Just what comes to mind, it may be stupid.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I love this thread. Top work from a top poster :cat-heart-blob:

On the presentation side of things maybe we could add a little text about each multiplayer genre with screenshots from some of the big game in them.

On the organization side, I’m really afraid that gamers generally being not very sociable could be an issue. Another being the timezones. Maybe a MetaWest MetaCentral and MetaEast could help. We still could do a MetaWorld for the courageous souls that don’t have a problem playing outside their timezone or more probably earlier or latter than they are used to sometimes when it happens.

I think Lashman could, if he wants it evidently, open some subchannel on his discord dedicated to this endeavor. I also think a real Meta Discord would help make it official, but I may be totally wrong and don’t want to annoy anyone.

Just what comes to mind, it may be stupid.
Thank you for the kind words and suggestions! :cat-heart-blob:

None of them are stupid at all!

I thought about a Discord server too, but I've only ever set up an extremely basic one for a couple friends of mine and wasn't sure how to tackle one for a bunch of folks. I'm willing to give it a shot if needed though.

The presentation and organization ideas are incredibly helpful and have already given me some ideas. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Some other games I really enjoyed playing with friends. Unfortunately most of the best Blockland servers are dead so that one not so much anymore.
Very nice! I'm off to bed so I won't get those added until morning, but thank you again for the wonderful suggestions!

I might have to figure out a fourth genre banner for stuff like Dark Souls and Souls-like games. I suspected it would happen sooner rather than later, but not this soon! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: :cat-heart-blob:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Get your vessel through space mazes with each person controlling different systems like movement, weapons, sheilds etc
Pretty simple but gets chaotic later on, looks fun.

Diffuse Bombs together

You and your friends can be Commander James Tiberius Data Picard and fight off the Sith together to protect Hogwarts

Lara and friend co-op tomb robbery

Needs no introduction:

Dong Physics!

Thread update notice
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Yeah that's defo a very interesting topic just for the recommendations alone :blobeyes:
Yep, it's amazing! I cannot thank you all enough for sharing some of your favorite games as suggestions or just showing an interest in the thread. It's incredibly heartwarming! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Great thread blindrhythm ! ;)

Count me in :crystalblob:
Yay! Glad to have you on board! :blobcheer:

And a quick update for you all, I have been a bit overwhelmed (in a good way!) by all of the recommendations so what I'm going to do so the OP doesn't become massive is move all of them to a Google Sheet. I will then add the link to each section. Also so the OP doesn't become barren as a result I"ll be adding a rotating link/images of upcoming games that I'll swap out every month.

I'm also making a username section on the Sheet for anyone that's interested in playing together. So if you are one that would like to please either PM me or use the hidden content tag in your post to let me know the country you live, your timezone and any profile links you would like to provide. I can show an example in a little bit if anyone is curious since I'll be adding my info to the Sheet soon.

And finally, I'm still planning to take a crack at a Discord server, but that could be a little while yet.. sorry. I know it probably doesn't have to be absolutely perfect but I want to hopefully make it somewhat decent. :)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And a quick update for you all, I have been a bit overwhelmed (in a good way!) by all of the recommendations so what I'm going to do so the OP doesn't become massive is move all of them to a Google Sheet. I will then add the link to each section. Also so the OP doesn't become barren as a result I"ll be adding a rotating link/images of upcoming games that I'll swap out every month.

I'm also making a username section on the Sheet for anyone that's interested in playing together. So if you are one that would like to please either PM me or use the hidden content tag in your post to let me know the country you live, your timezone and any profile links you would like to provide. I can show an example in a little bit if anyone is curious since I'll be adding my info to the Sheet soon.

And finally, I'm still planning to take a crack at a Discord server, but that could be a little while yet.. sorry. I know it probably doesn't have to be absolutely perfect but I want to hopefully make it somewhat decent.
you can also use this awesome countdown png generator for upcoming sessions:

Countdown Clock Generator :)

it does stuff like this:

Links added to OP
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Going to do a quick test with these links to make sure they work properly before adding them to the OP. Let me know if you all have any troubles with them. I'll make sure to keep them behind hidden tags so that I can try to protect usernames and other personal info as much as possible! :)

Edit: The links to the Google Sheet have been added to the OP. Thank you everyone for your feedback! :highfiveblob:

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Quick reminder for folks that if you want to be added to the profile list in the OP just send me a PM or make a hidden content post with your info.

And remember that no one is required to do so! That's only if you're interested in finding some co-op buddies or taking part in the community events once those start up. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Great thread!
Best gif! And an amazing thread.
Thank you both! Great seeing you stop by and check out the thread! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Have been looking for games that my wife and I can play together and once my reply unlocks the OP,
Haha! Sorry about that. Since it's possible to switch tabs in each genre link I kind of had to do it that way to protect profile info.

And I hope you'll find some good stuff for you two to play together too! More games should be added quite often so be sure to check back once in a while. :)

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Man, coop.
I love those games always in concept, but never have anyone to play this with. Also I am mostly on US forums and my timezone is GMT+- so I never find anyone to coop with, heh.
I love when coop games have good AI tho, L4D was tolerable in that regard for example.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
derFeef Hopefully this thread can help people find others to co-op with.
It's already making me want to try some out at some point. I've always neglected co-op but i'm trying to be more sociable and get into a habit of playing with others. As a longtime SP focused player i need to get into a habit of trying online co-op and stuff more often.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Got the basic framework for a Discord server done so if anyone wants to volunteer to help check it out just let me know and I'll send you an invite link through PM.

Just be prepared that when I say basic framework I mean exactly that. It's pretty barebones currently, but I look forward to working with everyone to make it better! :blobcheer:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Got the basic framework for a Discord server done so if anyone wants to volunteer to help check it out just let me know and I'll send you an invite link through PM.

Just be prepared that when I say basic framework I mean exactly that. It's pretty barebones currently, but I look forward to working with everyone to make it better! :blobcheer:
If you need feedback on the Discord thing tomorrow I'm up ! Tonight I couldn't, watched my first EVO.
By the way, we could also do fighting games, if the general mood is good and not super competitive. For example, I play to lose. That's a bold strategy that nevertheless never let me down :blobeyes:

If you want to die of laughing seeing a guy trying, and failing, multiple consecutive times to put out a Critical Art, don't look elsewhere :drinking-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
If you need feedback on the Discord thing tomorrow I'm up ! Tonight I couldn't, watched my first EVO.
By the way, we could also do fighting games, if the general mood is good and not super competitive. For example, I play to lose. That's a bold strategy that nevertheless never let me down :blobeyes:

If you want to die of laughing seeing a guy trying, and failing, multiple consecutive times to put out a Critical Art, don't look elsewhere :drinking-blob:
Appreciate it! And no worries, I totally understand. EVO is usually pretty incredible to watch.

Just let me know when you're free tomorrow. :thumbsupblob:

Good idea with fighting games, those could be a lot of fun too! Though I agree, as long as it stays pretty chill. Having the chance to kind of screw around a bit while trying to learn would be awesome!

I keep buying them but I know I'll never be any good at them. :LOL: