Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
So Friday or Saturday ?
Is there one that would work better for you? I'm cool with either so it's no trouble at all.

I was leaning Saturday for the session, but I wanted to offer Friday as an option for folks too just in case they already had weekend plans for Saturday. Once we get that nailed down I'll get a countdown timer set up for us! :highfiveblob:

Deleted member 113

Do note: I don't know how to play the game. At all. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
From footage I've seen, it seems the survivors have to do certain goals to, for example, repair a car, and escape.
I don't know what those are.
Nor do I have a microphone. So, be prepared for some text reading, and a very clueless guy wondering what certain keys do, and how am I supposed to do things. :LOL:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
That's pretty much where I'm at too. :LOL:

I caught a little bit of a stream when the game first came out, but barely remember anything. So if I end up as Jason in one of the first few rounds be prepared for a Jason just awkwardly staring at you while I attempt to figure out the keys. :lampblob:

Deleted member 113

That's pretty much where I'm at too. :LOL:

I caught a little bit of a stream when the game first came out, but barely remember anything. So if I end up as Jason in one of the first few rounds be prepared for a Jason just awkwardly staring at you while I attempt to figure out the keys. :lampblob:
Jason should be easy(er), since you just have to slash at the campers. :heroblob:
But the campers appear to have the ability to repair things, make traps, and stab at Jason or whatever, and even if I want to try it before we play, none of the SP modes allow you to control a camper. :giggle:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have no preference about the date, but we should contact the members that were interested originally imho, I'm worried about the lack of participation in the discussion right now. Maybe I'm worrying too much and they are like me, not really fond of taking decisions but planning to be there whenever the event takes place.

To be precise, my worry originates from the fact that I suppose the game can play very differently depending on the number of players, maybe even becoming unplayable or unenjoyable if we are too few. But it's maybe not the case, I never played it after all, it's just speculation.

Deleted member 113

I have no preference about the date, but we should contact the members that were interested originally imho, I'm worried about the lack of participation in the discussion right now. Maybe I'm worrying too much and they are like me, not really fond of taking decisions but planning to be there whenever the event takes place.

To be precise, my worry originates from the fact that I suppose the game can play very differently depending on the number of players, maybe even becoming unplayable or unenjoyable if we are too few. But it's maybe not the case, I never played it after all, it's just speculation.
Well, if people aren't interested, or are unable to attend, we can always try it anyway, or something else. :)

Like, a 3-4 player session of Renegade Ops. Or Castle Crashers. Or Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara.
Or a million other games (we'll work something out ;) ).

Reactions: Li Kao

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Wow this week went by too fast! I could've sworn I last posted here a few days ago, not ... a week ago! Well considering how fast time flies these days a week might as well count as just "a few days ago" :p

I voted on plenty of games on the list and also suggested Helldivers. I'm up to whatever you folks decide on for this weekend!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I think this one adjusts for local times so hopefully it will help out! If it doesn't then I can always use the other one again. :)

Friday the 13th session time

Also for folks that might have missed it or haven't checked the OP in a while, we've got a Google Sheet going where everyone can add a game or two of their choice to appear on a poll for a chance to be the next community event game. There's a few days remaining to either add more or vote on ones currently on there. Here's the link again for folks. :thumbsupblob:

Revealed content

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I know I already alluded to it some time ago but what about the Switch ? Who owns one ? Maybe we could have some fun there too.
Evidently this would be for spontaneous multiplayer and in no way an event, in order to not 'punish' those who don't have one.

PS. Still haven't shared my friend code or whatever because I didn't really use my newly acquired Switch yet. Finishing Luigi Mansion 2 (soon) and SMT4 Apocalypse (ugh) on 3ds before I devote a lot more time to the console.

Oheao

Jun 29, 2019
I know I already alluded to it some time ago but what about the Switch ? Who owns one ? Maybe we could have some fun there too.
Evidently this would be for spontaneous multiplayer and in no way an event, in order to not 'punish' those who don't have one.

PS. Still haven't shared my friend code or whatever because I didn't really use my newly acquired Switch yet. Finishing Luigi Mansion 2 (soon) and SMT4 Apocalypse (ugh) on 3ds before I devote a lot more time to the console.
I own a Switch.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I'm totally lost, are you all playing something tonight? Is it really Sonic Racing? What happened to LF42? The theme would fit perfectly for Friday the 13th.

Deleted member 113

I'm totally lost, are you all playing something tonight? Is it really Sonic Racing? What happened to LF42? The theme would fit perfectly for Friday the 13th.
We were planning an "unofficial" session of Friday the 13th for tomorrow. :)

But you're right, today is friday the 13th.
Maybe we should try to play it tonight? Or some other horror game (Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, ...)?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
We were planning an "unofficial" session of Friday the 13th for tomorrow. :)

But you're right, today is friday the 13th.
Maybe we should try to play it tonight? Or some other horror game (Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, ...)?
Ahhhh lol, I meant the actual Friday the 13th next weekend! Lol.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Oh my god, I'm completely out of the loop. Today is the 6th!

Do give me a small break, I'm getting married next month, and my future wife keeps pestering me about the smallest thing about the house or the wedding day. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
In my defense, I totally forgot that there was an actual game called "Friday the 13th!" Congrats on the marriage.... (godspeed)

Deleted member 113

Jkm23 EdwardTivrusky
Thanks guys. :)
It will actually just be a small marriage at a register office, and then we're going to have a small party/lunch with our close family.

Sadly, no Gothic/Horror make-up or decorations. :(
But, as a small consolation, I'll probably end up wearing some festive underwear (with ghosts or pumpkins or whatever). :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Sorry for derailing the thread. :)
Back to Co-Op gaming!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
That's incredible, Funktion! Congrats! :blobcheer:

Marriage is the best co-op game when you're able to find the right co-op buddy, so I'd say it fits the thread. :p

And to talk briefly about Friday the 13th (the actual date), I would really like to do something then too. Hopefully more of Friday the 13th the game, but if we happen to run into any snags then we could always try something else. L4D2 or Killing Floor 2 works. Even something like Vermintide 2 kind of fits.

Or even as a last resort if enough of us own Man of Medan we could just pair up and play that co-op. I wish the online offered more players than 2 though I guess I can understand why it doesn't.

Deleted member 113

That's incredible, Funktion! Congrats! :blobcheer:

Marriage is the best co-op game when you're able to find the right co-op buddy, so I'd say it fits the thread. :p

And to talk briefly about Friday the 13th (the actual date), I would really like to do something then too. Hopefully more of Friday the 13th the game, but if we happen to run into any snags then we could always try something else. L4D2 or Killing Floor 2 works. Even something like Vermintide 2 kind of fits.

Or even as a last resort if enough of us own Man of Medan we could just pair up and play that co-op. I wish the online offered more players than 2 though I guess I can understand why it doesn't.
Thanks. :cat-heart-blob:

As for next week, count me in.
Although, if it's Man of Medan, I don't know if I have enough free disk space left. :giggle:

Deleted member 113

I spent 40 minutes or so in the game just now, hoping to learn anything before we play tonight, and seeing if there was a private server option.
Don't be fooled by the 10 hours I have listed on Steam, outside a couple of short bot matches I did a couple of years ago (during a weekend where they were giving bonus XP), the rest is due do the game crashing and not closing properly, and Steam kept counting time. :)

My preliminary conclusions: this will be awesome. :LOL:

First of all, I can't seem to find a key for text chat (I thought there was one), and I don't have a mic.

Second, like I previously mentioned you can't play offline as the counsellors, and I never played any MP matches, so I never played as one, and I have no idea what they are supposed to do. The tutorials are some lengthy text screens, and I frankly don't have the patience to read through all that text. :ROFLMAO:
No videos, no playable examples, just text.
I've seen bots calling the police and all, but again, I don't have any clue as to what steps you have to do, in order to finish the game.
I doubt it's just picking up the phone, you probably have to repair stuff before, but how, and in what order?

Thirdly, I fired a couple of matches as Jason, with the bots on the easiest difficulty, and... pretty much all escaped, and I couldn't find or kill shit. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I mean, Jason is slooooooooooooow as hell, and in the rare occasions I caught someone, they stabbed me with what appears to be a Swiss army knife, or threw "firecrackers" or whatever at me.

On the bright side, from what I can see, it should be easy to setup a private server.
I believe the person hosting can either press to create a party, and invite people, or create a private match, and invite people.
Seems easier than Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed in that regard.

Yeah, maybe we should have a "back-up" game or two installed, in case things go as horribly wrong as expected. :giggle:

Deleted member 113

Who is planning to appear tonight?

And, if we don't end up having fun after a couple of matches, what games would you like to try?
A beat'em up? A fighting game? A co-op FPS?

Just let me know, and I'll install it before we start. ;)

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Just tried the game.
We need a lot of prep time it seems. Hotkeys are a mess, you gotta change them or you can't activate your powers and kill move as Jason. And the second game ended in a fatal crash of the game.
It will be glorious ! :cold-sweat:

That being said, there seem to be a lot of good ideas in the game, but I fear you must have a mic only group, organization seem to be a must.

Deleted member 113

The game doesn't appear the easiest to play.
That's why I mentioned that after a couple of matches, people may want to play something else.

Is there anything you would like to try, Li Kao, blindrhythm, EdwardTivrusky , and anyone planning to appear?

If there is, I'll install it, and if things don't work out with F13th, we can always try something else. :)

Let me know, so I can download whatever you suggest. ;)

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I'd say L4D2 or Killing Floor 2 would be good options if needed. That offers us a 4 or 6 player game to jump to. Of course I'm up for whatever as long as I own it! :)

It also sounds like dummmyy and Echoes will be joining us too.

Deleted member 113

I was checking beat'em ups (Fight'n Rage, the Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle), and pretty much all of us have them, except blindrhythm . :)

I was checking Killing Floor 1 & 2 (though I never played 2), but Li Kao doesn't have any of them.
If you guys want to consider trying Killing Floor 1, I have a gift copy that I'll send to Li Kao.

I'll install L4D 2. What do I have to know about it (I played like 30 minutes of 1 or 2, I don't recall which). :grimacing-face:

Deleted member 113

Are you guys playing L4D2? Still? I was hiking and out and shit.... :( I have it installed. (its always installed)
Sorry, some of us (me included) are from Europe, so we finished 20 minutes or so ago.

We had a change of plans, and ended up playing:
-Friday the 13th: The Game
-Killing Floor (yeah, the first game :giggle:)
-Renegade Ops

I hope you can join us next time. ;)

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Sorry, some of us (me included) are from Europe, so we finished 20 minutes or so ago.

We had a change of plans, and ended up playing:
-Friday the 13th: The Game
-Killing Floor (yeah, the first game :giggle:)
-Renegade Ops

I hope you can join us next time. ;)
Ah, NP, turns out I didn't have it installed lol. Yeah, Eastern Standard Time here..... Welp, I'm like subscribed to this thread so..... I'll join in one day!