Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for another awesome night, blindrhythm Li Kao BO7AMMOOD dummmyy Echoes ! :highfiveblob:
(I hope I'm not forgetting anyone) :giggle:

More people should join the Meta Co-Op Madness©. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
What are you waiting for? All the cool kids are doing it!

Search deep into your backlogs, and do suggest some games to try next time. ;)
No game is too old. No genre is off-limits.

Cheers! :blobcheer:
Cool kids?! Oh no! How did I get in here then? :p

It was a great time! So happy we got to get a bunch of folks in to play with us. Even when we swapped between games.

And in fact, I think that's a great idea for these smaller sessions that pop up outside of the bigger community events. Have an assortment of games that are great in small bursts that we can jump between. If we happen to stick with one longer, great! If not we can move onto the next!

Also, one more reminder for everyone that the submissions for the aforementioned event will be closing tomorrow at midnight my time (EDT, almost 26 hours from this post). So make sure you get in any last minute recommendations or votes! :highfiveblob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
What my co-op buddies said !
Another great Meta Co-Op session, with some good diversity to boot.

You know what ? I had begun writing some thoughts about each game, but it’s not important. What is important is that we had great fun and that you shouldn’t hesitate to join us. If you are like me, not the social type, afraid of playing with some toxic asshole, let me reassure you. We are chillax. The mood is cool, people are patient when technical issues happen, no fuck is given about leaderboards.
The maths are simple, we like each other’s company, we like to game, let’s mix the two !

And I think I speak for everyone when I say we would like to play with you, too ! Honestly.
People are what make this community and these multiplayer sessions so good, we all win when we encounter a new friend.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Thanks mates for switching games after some rounds :blobcheer:

As Li Kao said there is no pressure, the vibes are cool and I must say that overall, we are doing quite a pretty good job in the games we play.

It's great to experience some games with a full squad, I only played Renegade Ops with a friend back in the day. Now, jumping forward to last night's session, a full party is something else, the game is more dynamic and we had so much fun. Let's do it again soon!

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Thanks for another awesome night, blindrhythm Li Kao BO7AMMOOD dummmyy Echoes ! :highfiveblob:
(I hope I'm not forgetting anyone) :giggle:

More people should join the Meta Co-Op Madness©. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
What are you waiting for? All the cool kids are doing it!

Search deep into your backlogs, and do suggest some games to try next time. ;)
No game is too old. No genre is off-limits.

Cheers! :blobcheer:
Cool kids?! Oh no! How did I get in here then? :p

It was a great time! So happy we got to get a bunch of folks in to play with us. Even when we swapped between games.

And in fact, I think that's a great idea for these smaller sessions that pop up outside of the bigger community events. Have an assortment of games that are great in small bursts that we can jump between. If we happen to stick with one longer, great! If not we can move onto the next!

Also, one more reminder for everyone that the submissions for the aforementioned event will be closing tomorrow at midnight my time (EDT, almost 26 hours from this post). So make sure you get in any last minute recommendations or votes! :highfiveblob:
What my co-op buddies said !
Another great Meta Co-Op session, with some good diversity to boot.

You know what ? I had begun writing some thoughts about each game, but it’s not important. What is important is that we had great fun and that you shouldn’t hesitate to join us. If you are like me, not the social type, afraid of playing with some toxic asshole, let me reassure you. We are chillax. The mood is cool, people are patient when technical issues happen, no fuck is given about leaderboards.
The maths are simple, we like each other’s company, we like to game, let’s mix the two !

And I think I speak for everyone when I say we would like to play with you, too ! Honestly.
People are what make this community and these multiplayer sessions so good, we all win when we encounter a new friend.
Thanks mates for switching games after some rounds :blobcheer:

As Li Kao said there is no pressure, the vibes are cool and I must say that overall, we are doing quite a pretty good job in the games we play.

It's great to experience some games with a full squad, I only played Renegade Ops with a friend back in the day. Now, jumping forward to last night's session, a full party is something else, the game is more dynamic and we had so much fun. Let's do it again soon!
Thank you all for your participation folks! I had a great time yesterday and I wish I could have stayed for more than just Friday the 13th. No worries though, like you said guys, not to toot our own horn or anything, but the atmosphere is genuinely so relaxed and friendly that I'm sure there will be plenty more of these sessions in the future to look forward to! When you get to share the joy of video games with such good people who understand that it's just about having a chill good time after all, then that's all that matters :D

And last but not least...

Oh my god, I'm completely out of the loop. Today is the 6th!

Do give me a small break, I'm getting married next month, and my future wife keeps pestering me about the smallest thing about the house or the wedding day. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

CONGRATULATIONS FunktionJCB !!! Wishing you two all the best and a fantastic wedding day (and a marital house too, you got this buddy!) :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob:

Deleted member 113

It's poll time folks! Time to see which game will be the lucky winner for our next community event! Check out the OP whenever you get the chance to cast your votes! :blobcheer:
I thought I could vote more than once, and messed up my vote. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Anyway, I think we all made a bit of a mistake with this month's options.
I mean, pretty much all games that were suggested (mine included) are limited to 4 players. :giggle:
On the last event, we usually had 8-10 players.

We need to start thinking about games that can be played by more people at the same time. :)

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, the game selection is an equilibrist act. Do members own it ? Own many players ? Difficult.
But I guess nothing blocks us from having multiple games at the same time and even mixing players in each if there is sufficient participation.

It's not ideal ! But 8 players games are not the majority of multiplayer games I suppose.

What's that you say ? Steam thread: All anime, all the time ?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I thought I could vote more than once, and messed up my vote. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Anyway, I think we all made a bit of a mistake with this month's options.
I mean, pretty much all games that were suggested (mine included) are limited to 4 players. :giggle:
On the last event, we usually had 8-10 players.

We need to start thinking about games that can be played by more people at the same time. :)
Thinking a little more about it, it wouldn't hurt to have some 8 players games to fall back on for when attendance is high.
But then again, which games and do we own them ?

A quick and dirty google search brought back...
Brawlhalla
Gang Beasts
Genital Jousting

We should brainstorm it. There are surely a lot more.

Edit. We should also have our bat-signal, a Meta-Alert when a good multiplayer game sees a good discount on Humble et all. Like you did for F13.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Following my Meta-Signal suggestion, here are the games on the current poll that are discounted on Humble. Price is without the 20% for monthly members.

Monster Prom - 50% - 5,99 euros
Mercenary Kings - 60% - 7,24 euros
Full Metal Furies - 60% - 7,24 euros

Rest of the poll is not discounted for non monthly members.
Left 4 Dead 2 - Not on Humble
Duck Game - 12,99 euros
Helldivers - 19,99 euros

Deleted member 113

Following my Meta-Signal suggestion, here are the games on the current poll that are discounted on Humble. Price is without the 20% for monthly members.

Monster Prom - 50% - 5,99 euros
Mercenary Kings - 60% - 7,24 euros
Full Metal Furies - 60% - 7,24 euros

Rest of the poll is not discounted for non monthly members.
Left 4 Dead 2 - Not on Humble
Duck Game - 12,99 euros
Helldivers - 19,99 euros
Most listed games were also part of a bundle (sometimes more), so if they're selected, maybe some of us have gift copies for the users that are currently missing them.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
The problem about the number of players is not easy to solve, consider that the majority of games that allow 4+ players are:
-Racing games
-Fps games
-Sports games in general
Those games need really good connections and a minimum of lag to be enjoyed by everyone, considering that we play with people from different timezones it could get messy.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Anyone know anything about "Golf With Friends"? It supports up to 12 people and is £3.11 on Hamble.

I bought it, it's the cost of a coffee.
I also picked up "Mercenary Kings: Reloaded" and "Full Metal Furries" but i ain't yiffing with anyone!

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Anyone know anything about "Golf With Friends"? It supports up to 12 people and is £3.11 on Hamble.

Can't say I'm familiar with it.
But, we can always try a few "warm-up" matches. ;)

Also, I never played it, but didn't someone previously suggest Tower Unite?
Has anyone played it?

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Delgear OMG! Nice! Love FruitBat Factory and Orange Juice, i think i have all their games and most of the DLC.
100% Orange Juice, It's like Mario Party on PC but with added mean and nastiness. I've never played an online game but i've played tons offline against AI.

Oh and if people are thinking of buying it you DO NOT need ALL the DLC! They're always adding new characters from their IP and they have Seasonal Events all the time and It ALWAYS goes on sale so keep an eye on it. They do 4 packs for next to nothing a couple of times a year. In fact i may have 2 or 3 keys in my Steam Inventory i'll have to work out a way to get them out to our Co-Op group for funsies.

Pudding! I'm going to have to have a look for some QP emotes to add!

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I don't know if Overcooked 2 would be fun without seeing each other face to face. Because the first one was ridiculously good and 4-player co-op is one hell of a tempting proposition.

Humble
Summer sale 16,09 euros
Price for Monthly subbers 12,87 euros

Delgear

Prism Ranger Black
Sep 9, 2019
Delgear OMG! Nice! Love FruitBat Factory and Orange Juice, i think i have all their games and most of the DLC.
100% Orange Juice, It's like Mario Party on PC but with added mean and nastiness. I've never played an online game but i've played tons offline against AI.

Oh and if people are thinking of buying it you DO NOT need ALL the DLC! They're always adding new characters from their IP and they have Seasonal Events all the time and It ALWAYS goes on sale so keep an eye on it. They do 4 packs for next to nothing a couple of times a year. In fact i may have 2 or 3 keys in my Steam Inventory i'll have to work out a way to get them out to our Co-Op group for funsies.

Pudding! I'm going to have to have a look for some QP emotes to add!
it's nice that they keep updating and add new characters. Only down side is I keep forgetting what cards do lol.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Borderlands 2??? I'm lvl 23....

Overcooked is good but but but...... Its critical that players are 100% focused and there is clear voice communication. Also, everyone has to have some kind of experience with it so everyone isn't rage quitting within 5 minutes. (Experience, Overcooked IRL co op)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
If folks are still up for it we're going to try to get another session of Friday the 13th going this Friday. We'll try for the normal time that we've been doing these, so 17:00 (5pm) EDT/22:00 GMT. :)

It will also be another one where we'll probably jump around to a few other games after a while so if there's a game that most of us own and you think it would be a great one to try out then we'll totally give it a shot! :highfiveblob:

Deleted member 113

If folks are still up for it we're going to try to get another session of Friday the 13th going this Friday. We'll try for the normal time that we've been doing these, so 17:00 (5pm) EDT/22:00 GMT. :)

It will also be another one where we'll probably jump around to a few other games after a while so if there's a game that most of us own and you think it would be a great one to try out then we'll totally give it a shot! :highfiveblob:
blindrhythm Unfortunately, I most likely won't be able to participate on Friday. :cry:
I hope you all have fun. :cat-heart-blob:

If anyone wants to try a few games on Saturday night, I'll be sure to appear. :)