Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

Deleted member 113

Actually I kinda wanted to restart Gauntlet from the beginning and play each side branch.
Nobody is interested ? :blobweary:
Well, we kind of did it already, or close to it. :giggle:
A week or two ago, we played the first chapter, and last night (intentionally because you weren't there; we are that evil :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:) we played the second chapter in full, and all but the final stage (and I believe a side-stage) from the third chapter.

Reactions: Echoes and Li Kao

Deleted member 113

But now seriously, it's going to be a bit hard for me to commit in the next 2-3 weeks, since I'm in the middle of moving to a new house (I'll probably won't be able to play anything in the first and second weekends of November; next week I'll be around, but the next two weeks it will be a bit tough), but after that, I would be happy to arrange playing some co-op games with you, and the rest of the gang, in full, start to finish.

We somewhat talked about it last night. Since, at least on some occasions, we are frequently "down" to the same 3 or 4 people, we talked about taking some games, even some we haven't played before, and play them from start to finish with the same people.

We even threw in a few names, like:

-the Trine series (or the Nine Parchments spin-off)
-Zombie Army Trilogy (or one of the Sniper Elite games)

and more.

We could either "reserve" a night for it (for example, having Friday as a co-op night, and Saturday a more "free for all" night), or we could, for example, reserve some time during our "get togethers" like play an hour of some random game, and then a couple of hours of our co-op campaigns.

I have so many games I'm yet to play, that could be good in co-op, like Remnant: From the Ashes, I'm sure we could have some fun tackling some of the games in our backlogs.

Reactions: Echoes and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
You bought Remnants ? Last time I saw you talk about it you were visibly tempted.
I have to budget it :drinking-blob:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

You bought Remnants ? Last time I saw you talk about it you were visibly tempted.
I have to budget it :drinking-blob:
I pre-ordered it. :giggle:

But, no need to buy new games, I'm sure we have plenty of "old" ones to play. ;)

Reactions: Li Kao

Deleted member 113

Just throwing out two suggestions for the future:

-first: during the current month, several games have, or will have, events or time-limited unlocks. If anyone knows co-op/MP games that have such content, and that you want to try, please list them; maybe we can try one, and get some bonuses while doing so. ;)
Here's one I noticed, that is very co-op oriented:

-second: we should consider occasionally doing "themed" nights (ex: board games, fighting games, topdown shooters, ...) one of these days; it would be a way to play different genres, some that we normally wouldn't play.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
-first: during the current month, several games have, or will have, events or time-limited unlocks. If anyone knows co-op/MP games that have such content, and that you want to try, please list them; maybe we can try one, and get some bonuses while doing so. ;)
Well there is this game that has a seasonal event, Monster Hunte... hey, don't hit me ! :poutblob:

-second: we should consider occasionally doing "themed" nights (ex: board games, fighting games, topdown shooters, ...) one of these days; it would be a way to play different genres, some that we normally wouldn't play.
Great idea !
And tangentially related, I never played Gremlins inc. and have been tempted to suggest it for a while.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Well there is this game that has a seasonal event, Monster Hunte... hey, don't hit me ! :poutblob:

Great idea !
And tangentially related, I never played Gremlins inc. and have been tempted to suggest it for a while.
MHW is a great game, playing with the gang is sure to be something else :D

Why not?

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Yep, we talked briefly about a board game night for our events and having a themed one occasionally would be a great thing to try for sure! I really want to try a horror one for our Nov 1st event. Why couldn't Halloween fall on Friday?! :cryingwhyblob:

Hit you? Why on earth would anyone do that? I love MHW and am always willing to help folks! No matter if it's an event or not. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

And honestly, the talk of getting groups together for full playthroughs was always something I had hoped would happen, though it doesn't necessarily have to be structured around an event. Echoes and I, for example, have been playing through PixelJunk Monsters 2 and have started up a couple others that we'll get through eventually too. It's been a blast!

I played through Wolfenstein: Youngblood with dummmyy and had an amazing time! Played through Remnant: From the Ashes with MonthOLDpickle and have a bunch of great memories from that!

I understand being cautious and not wanting to interrupt someone or feel like you're bothering them, but we've got a great group of folks here! I'm sure there's some that are just waiting for someone to ask. Worst case they say no or they can't right then. As I've said, I'm always up for helping out! So feel free to ask me if you happen to see me on.

Deleted member 113

Yep, we talked briefly about a board game night for our events and having a themed one occasionally would be a great thing to try for sure! I really want to try a horror one for our Nov 1st event. Why couldn't Halloween fall on Friday?! :cryingwhyblob:
Noooooooooooo. You're going for an horror themed night on the only weekend I'll surely be unable to attend. :crying-face:

You do know I'll want to do one again soon after, right? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Guys, prepare, because this year Halloween comes... twice. :giggle:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Noooooooooooo. You're going for an horror themed night on the only weekend I'll surely be unable to attend. :crying-face:

You do know I'll want to do one again soon after, right? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Guys, prepare, because this year Halloween comes... twice. :giggle:
Haha! Of course! I had already been planning to do another since I remembered you talking about how much you enjoy Halloween.

We can definitely get another one going at some point! :highfiveblob:

Deleted member 113

I believe someone mentioned in one of our last sessions wanting to try Strange Brigade (when we were talking about the Sniper Elite series).
The game is now on sale at Humble, in case anyone is interested.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Yep! That was the one I brought up. :)

It kind of flew under the radar for a lot of folks and the humor is kind of hit or miss, but the gameplay is great. It's a continuation/improvement over what they did with the Zombie Army stuff. It's more arcadey which I think works out for the better. I've only ever played it by myself and think it would be amazing with others!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I have the game, but I admit I never played it. :giggle:
Every time I want to play it, I'm out of space on my disk.

Even now I'm below 10GB of free space.

I really need to buy a new disk. :)
I'm right there with you, I have a huge drive I use for storage but with how old it is I worry it will die any day so I try to avoid installing stuff on it. And between my other two I think I have around 20GB left on one and maybe 30 on the other.

I'll finish all those games someday to help make room! I swear! :face-with-cold-sweat: Oh.. who am I kidding? They'll be installed forever. :LOL:

Deleted member 113

I'm right there with you, I have a huge drive I use for storage but with how old it is I worry it will die any day so I try to avoid installing stuff on it. And between my other two I think I have around 20GB left on one and maybe 30 on the other.

I'll finish all those games someday to help make room! I swear! :face-with-cold-sweat: Oh.. who am I kidding? They'll be installed forever. :LOL:
I have a single 500GB SDD drive.

On my old PC, I had a 1TB HDD.
I have an external drive (that I use for storage/backup) that has 1TB, and it's almost full. :)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
So, does this Steam Together Whatever It's Called mean more games we can play together?
I'd like to do a Halloween co-op run of something like Costume Quest, well not Costume Quest as it runs like shit but something similar like Knights and Bikes.

What games are doing well so far? Give us links to the popular games so far:
Gauntlet?
Towerfall Ascension?
Strange Brigade?
Kopanito?
Sonic Mirror Racing?
We Were There... Series
- Anyone have these? Any good?
Revenant? Remnants Something Something? I forget, lol.
Star Trek Bridge Crew?
Steel Woves - For those with VR.

Also a session of one of the Jackbox quiz things could be a laugh too.
Anyone else have a VR headset and be interested in Co-Op VR stuff?

Deleted member 113

EdwardTivrusky I still need to play Knights & Bikes (thanks again for buying my extra key :cat-heart-blob:), so I would be up to give it a try in the future.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I was so surprised that I had never heard of Wyv and Keep, such a fun game. Pretty good humor and a great look as well!

Assault Android Cactus is one I've wanted to try co-op for so so long and it didn't disappoint. It was always a fantastic arcade shooter and as Echoes mentioned during our chat on Steam, was even better with a friend. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Now Death Road.. we had a great start then a weird glitch that got all of us killed except for our pug in a trench coat. His name was Woof and we gave him a revolver.:gunblob:

The remote play stuff is such a great addition. It opens up so many new games for co-op and I'm sure there will be so many hidden gems discovered as a result of that. Like I told Echoes it now gives me the chance to trick everyone into playing Dynasty Warriors with me. :LOL:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Wait.. oh no, I finished Gauntlet?! I had no idea! :face-screaming-in-fear:

I've never hosted Gauntlet, only been along for the ride so all the levels are new to me. :LOL:

We can try out some of the remote play local co-op stuff anytime you're up for it! You're always welcome to join me and Echoes or if there's some two player ones you want to try I'm usually around if you need a second player.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Haven't updated in a little while about the event image I want to add to the OP and I wanted to let you all know that it's still coming along. I should hopefully have it up sometime this week! :blobcheer:

I'm also putting together a list of games for our horror/Halloween event next Friday. I'll get that posted sometime this weekend so everyone has time to get some of them installed and even add a bunch that I might have forgotten. I figure they don't all have to be scary games, if there's a game that has a Halloween event going on then we'll count it! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Here's that list of horror and/or Halloween themed games I wanted to put together for this coming Friday (and the special Funktion return tour :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:). Don't feel that you have to try to install all of them or buy any or all of them if you don't have any! There's plenty here and you all are welcome to suggest some more throughout the week or even the day of so I'm sure we'll find something that we can all play together. :highfiveblob:

• Killing Floor 2
  • L4D2
  • Friday the 13th
  • Hunt Showdown
  • Strange Brigade
  • Zombie Army Trilogy
  • Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop
  • Dead Island
  • Any of the Call of Duty zombie modes
  • Project Zomboid
  • Death Road to Canada (thanks to the new local remote play stuff!)
  • Blackout Club
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Dying Light
  • Jackbox Party Pack 3 and/or 6, Trivia Murder Party 1 & 2 specifically

And finally a few that have Halloween events going on.

• Don't Starve Together
  • Sea of Thieves
  • 100% Orange Juice
  • Monster Hunter World

Unfortunately there's a lot of shooters in there (I even left some off! :eek:).. kind of comes with the horror genre when it comes to games. :LOL:

Still I think there's some good variety in there and I'm sure you all will come up with some great ones I might have missed!

Deleted member 113

I just saw that Tower Unite has an Halloween event:

How's the game?

I got it in a bundle a while back, but I'm yet to try it, so I'm still not sure how it plays.

But, since it's MP-oriented, maybe it's something we may try in the future?

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I've really enjoyed the time I've spent with Tower Unite. Received it as a gift (not sure they want me to give them a shout out, but again, thank you so much! :cat-heart-blob: ) and it's been a pretty chill experience so far.

I'm sure there's folks that can explain it better than me, especially since I haven't tried everything it has to offer yet, but there's a lot there you can do and plenty that I think would be amazing as a group!

Deleted member 113

Guys, later today I'll be going offline for a couple of days.
I'm taking my desktop PC to the new house (which should hopefully have internet access later today), and I'm getting married tomorrow, so no Meta for me. ;)

In the meantime, I prepared a small "surprise" for you.
I spent the month of October gathering keys for games that are horror or Halloween-themed, for a small giveaway.
The idea was to post this on the 31st, but since I probably won't be around, I'm posting it early.

I'm posting the keys here, so that the co-op "gang" has first dibs on them, so do redeem them (take as many games as you'd like).
I apologize if it causes any confusion to the thread.

If there's any keys left, please do mention this giveaway on the Steam thread.
And remember, please post if you redeem any keys, so that other users know the games are no longer available.

Detention:
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
Remothered: Tormented Fathers:
Hidden content
Through the Woods:
Hidden content
White Night:
Hidden content
Costume Quest:
Hidden content
STASIS:
Hidden content
Monstrum:
Hidden content
UNLOVED:
Hidden content
Trapped Dead: Lockdown:
Hidden content
Magrunner: Dark Pulse:
Hidden content
Omen Exitio: Plague:
Hidden content
How To Survive:
Hidden content
Butcher:
Hidden content
The Town of Light:
Hidden content
Lakeview Cabin Collection:
Hidden content
Lucius Demake:
Hidden content
Distrust:
Hidden content
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville:
Hidden content
Dead Age:
Hidden content
They Bleed Pixels:
Hidden content
Bulb Boy:
Hidden content
Neverending Nightmares:
Hidden content
Eldritch:
Hidden content
Hard West:
Hidden content
Pinstripe:
Hidden content
Rusty Lake Hotel:
Hidden content
Whispering Willows:
Hidden content
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi:
Hidden content
DARK:
Hidden content
Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today:
Hidden content
The Coma: Recut:
Hidden content
I hope you enjoy the games. :cat-heart-blob:

🎃 Have a Happy Halloween! 🎃

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I can't take something, you have already been far too kind to me FunktionJCB :cat-heart-blob:

Edit - That being said, the lack of involvement in this giveaway is disturbing. I understand that being posted here, it's not assaulted on sight, and that's cool, but at the same time Funktion has put time on this and this silence is annoying.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

I can't take something, you have already been far too kind to me FunktionJCB :cat-heart-blob:

Edit - That being said, the lack of involvement in this giveaway is disturbing. I understand that being posted here, it's not assaulted on sight, and that's cool, but at the same time Funktion has put time on this and this silence is annoying.
Really, claim as many games as you'd like. ;)

People hesitate to take games, or limit themselves to one, and then most games end up unclaimed, which is a waste of some good games (and there is some good games in the selection I posted, if I do say so myself).

As for the lack of posts, it's nothing unusual for this time of the day.
People outside of Europe are probably in bed, and the people in Europe are working (like I am). :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Guys, later today I'll be going offline for a couple of days.
I'm taking my desktop PC to the new house (which should hopefully have internet access later today), and I'm getting married tomorrow, so no Meta for me. ;)

In the meantime, I prepared a small "surprise" for you.
I spent the month of October gathering keys for games that are horror or Halloween-themed, for a small giveaway.
The idea was to post this on the 31st, but since I probably won't be around, I'm posting it early.

I'm posting the keys here, so that the co-op "gang" has first dibs on them, so do redeem them (take as many games as you'd like).
I apologize if it causes any confusion to the thread.

If there's any keys left, please do mention this giveaway on the Steam thread.
And remember, please post if you redeem any keys, so that other users know the games are no longer available.

I hope you enjoy the games. :cat-heart-blob:

🎃 Have a Happy Halloween! 🎃
I redeemed The Come Recut. Thanks mate! You are very generous!