Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
So, it will be the same as Steam? offer keys in every store?
What will happend when the game launches in steam, the stores will still offer EGS?

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Even small games get review-bombed (to a small scale, I guess).

Removed flags from Chinese language selection - there seems to be some political argument over what flags to use and people voted down the game because they thought I was trying to make a political statement - which I am certainly not.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
How are your Mouse and Keyboard adventures in SIege fairing?
Pretty good! (Though I did seemingly fix my controller dongle issue.)

Since I fixed my DPI/Sensitivity settings, the mouse feels great. Keyboard feels... weird. I'm just so used to a stick which offers 360 movement, with pressure sensitivity for walk/run and a click in for sprint. Whereas on Keyboard every one of those actions is a separate or additional key. It just feels clunky by comparison.

It's too bad they don't make a keyboard with a stick on it, so you could use the stick for movement and use your mouse for aim. I've bound the crouch and knife buttons to the forward/back buttons of my mouse.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Even small games get review-bombed (to a small scale, I guess).

I....what?
Chinese gamers can be weird.
Incidentally enough, here are the game's review status as of a minute or so ago

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I....what?
Chinese gamers can be weird.
Incidentally enough, here are the game's review status as of a minute or so ago
Need to check the graph.

Edit: There are a few negative reviews, and that costs the game the "overwhelmingly positive" rating, I guess.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
10% negative reviews can hardly ever constitue as a review bomb.

Pretty good! (Though I did seemingly fix my controller dongle issue.)

Since I fixed my DPI/Sensitivity settings, the mouse feels great. Keyboard feels... weird. I'm just so used to a stick which offers 360 movement, with pressure sensitivity for walk/run and a click in for sprint. Whereas on Keyboard every one of those actions is a separate or additional key. It just feels clunky by comparison.

It's too bad they don't make a keyboard with a stick on it, so you could use the stick for movement and use your mouse for aim. I've bound the crouch and knife buttons to the forward/back buttons of my mouse.
Then you're finally a REAL GAMER™ now :coffee-blob:

I can definitely see where you're coming from, but i'm sure you'll get used to that too.
The upside of having walking and running be not sensitivity based is that you can instantly do what you want, instead of having to move the stick out/into its deadzones. Might only be a minor difference, but it can be important.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Edit: There are a few negative reviews, and that costs the game the "overwhelmingly positive" rating, I guess.
afaik NOTHING above overwhelmingly negative affects store visibility negatively ... so it doesn't matter if it's overwhelmingly positive or "just" mostly positive - it's gonna get the same visibility

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Well with PS5 talk now, and E3 around the corner, console wars are turned up to 11 I see. :whistle:

This gen I had a PS4 and Ps4 Pro, but honestly, I think next-gen I will be PC + Nintendo. Pretty much every 3rd-party exclusive I wanted on PS4, came to PC, sometimes with a year delay but I can live with that.

And I am so over paying a subscription to access basic features like cloud saves and multiplayer.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Well with PS5 talk now, and E3 around the corner, console wars are turned up to 11 I see. :whistle:

This gen I had a PS4 and Ps4 Pro, but honestly, I think next-gen I will be PC + Nintendo. Pretty much every 3rd-party exclusive I wanted on PS4, came to PC, sometimes with a year delay but I can live with that.

And I am so over paying a subscription to access basic features like cloud saves and multiplayer.
I'll probably get a PS5 because I'm a sucker for shiny new shit but given that Sega seems to be totally down on porting stuff to PC, it all depends on first party offerings, which was pretty lackluster to me on PS4.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'll probably get a PS5 because I'm a sucker for shiny new shit but given that Sega seems to be totally down on porting stuff to PC, it all depends on first party offerings, which was pretty lackluster to me on PS4.
Yeah that's my other thing. Sony's 1st party does nothing for me. They don't support JP games or JRPG's anymore. Almost everything they put out these days is heavily western, action adventure, cinematic 3rd-person stuff. Which I don't dislike mind you, I just found more often than not that Sony's brand of it does nothing for me.

The few JP games they did have over PS4 lifespan were sent to die or poorly marketed. RIP Gravity Daze franchise. 😢

One exception being Bloodborne of course, but I think that's more Fromsoft's hype rather than Sony's influence there. They were just the money supplier. :p
Best thing about PS5 being announced is that all those console trolls might finally fuck off from the EGS threads.
True. Also features like Raytracing and SSD's will suddenly matter and be cool instead of just "bragging."

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Bundles where I have none of the games, want half of them and the other half looks interesting too are my favorite bundles.
Wanted Tokyo Dark, Children of Zodiarcs, Forgotton Anne and Turing Test, and the others look cool too.
God those bundles totally destroy my value perception for games.

Deleted member 113

For those who bought the current Humble Bundle, is Forgotton Anne the only one who is made available in its collector's edition version?

Of the games in the bundle, I'm only missing Deadbeat Heroes, but I'm missing the collector's edition DLCs for several of these games.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
For those who bought the current Humble Bundle, is Forgotton Anne the only one who is made available in its collector's edition version?

Of the games in the bundle, I'm only missing Deadbeat Heroes, but I'm missing the collector's edition DLCs for several of these games.
Yeah, none of the others include the Collector's Edition DLC.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
"OCTAHEDRON, Black The Fall, Children of Zodiarcs are not available for Asia or Brazil customers"

Boooooooooooo Humble.

Strange restriction since all these games are available on Steam over here.

Deleted member 113

Yeah, none of the others include the Collector's Edition DLC.
Thanks. (y)

---

New content and unlockables for Two Point Hospital:

If anyone is playing the game, and would like to unlock some content together, please add me on Steam. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Entitled devs who think customers owe them everything and who cry foul when their Review score drops from 95% to 94%.
If anything, these recent examples of devs show that they do not act as if they were entitled to anything:
  • The dev of Supraland wrote in the patch notes that he "removed flags from Chinese language selection", so your description does not fit.
  • Similarly, the dev of One Finger Death Punch 2 is trying really hard to please his customers with achievements.
They listen to the customers, which is good, but they are also very quick to react to oblige them, which could bite them one day.

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I can send you a spare Black the Fall key if you want.
Thank you but no need, I'm not that interested to take away from someone who wants it and it actually has good regional price here... which is why I really don't understand the restriction. Really bizarre. But again, thank you.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
If anything, the recent examples of devs show that they do not act as if they were entitled to anything.
  • The dev of Supraland wrote in the patch notes that he "removed flags from Chinese language selection", so your description does not fit.
  • Similarly, the dev of One Finger Death Punch 2 is trying really hard to please his customers with achievements.
They listen to the customers, which is good, but they are also very quick to react to oblige to them, which could bite them one day.
I am sorry, I misunderstood your original post.
But there is still the little issue with YOU having it declared to be reviewbombing ;)

Real talk: we shouldn't declare reviewbombing for every dip in the score. there are hundreds of games who have a bad review score on their "recent score" section. it has nothing to do with the overall game nor changes it the overall score in any way. Most are just unhappy customers with a recent patch or DLC. Look at paradox's games, their new DLC are in the 50 to 70% range and the base games are still positive.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
But there is still the little issue with YOU having it declared to be reviewbombing ;)
It is an indie game by a one-man team, with 686 reviews including 656 positive ones. The game has received 8 negative reviews in Chinese in two days because these customers do not like the flag used for the Chinese language. That is 25% of its negative reviews. That would be nothing for a game like Borderlands 3, but for this kind of indie game, it looks like a small-scale off-topic review bomb to me.

If you look at Tales from the Borderlands, Valve detected an off-topic review activity, and that consisted of 3 to 10 negative reviews per day for 4-5 days.

Unrelated: JaseC deleted his accounts (on Era and here), and hid his Steam account. It looks like posting on gaming forums can get people in trouble.

Last edited:

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
Well, that's a real bummer - in the context of real life away from this bubble we're in, and with his general health and wellbeing, I hope Jase is OK.

He was one of my first Steam buddies from way back in the day, and perhaps the most gentlemanly and well-considered (not to mention knowledgable) chap I've had the pleasure of getting to know via this whole internet thing. To my dear fellow Aussie, keep well, my friend - you will be missed,

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I have no idea what's happening with JaseC, but that's a gigantic loss. Probably the most helpful person I have ever encounter on internet forums and I'm old fart who has been around for a looooooooooong time.

I hope we see him again someday, but most importantly, I hope he is well. Sad day... :(

FunnyJay