Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Finally signed up here! The Steam/PC community that started back on Gaf and has finally ended up here has always been the basis of my gaming news/opinions reading material. I think I'm going to try to post a little more moving forward too!
hello there :) it's been a while

but hey, at least bus (of the morning variety) is also here :p

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Finally signed up here! The Steam/PC community that started back on Gaf and has finally ended up here has always been the basis of my gaming news/opinions reading material. I think I'm going to try to post a little more moving forward too!
Welcome to Metacouncil m8! 😊
But, since the are also donating €500,000 to rebuilding effort I think it still qualifies as a nice gesture :)
Yeah definitely. The Notre Dame is the most beautiful building in Paris imo. Glad I had a chance to visit it last summer.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Hmmm.. the Square Humble Bundle doesn't have any more region restricted games for me. Now to decide between Tier 2 or 3.

Need more money....

Yeah definitely. The Notre Dame is the most beautiful building in Paris imo. Glad I had a chance to visit it last summer.
I visited 10 years ago... but remember very well the imposing nature of it. One of the historical buildings that truly lived up to its reputation.

Crap... now I may have to reinstall Unity...

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Whoa we got popular and busy again all of a sudden. Welcome to all the new/returning people!

:wd_heart:

Sad to see the chaos on Era over the last 24 hours, but admittedly not surprised. Staff don't want to admit there is a problem within their own ranks and pointing it out just gets you banned. (Like me.) Now with Jase gone, one of the mods who was a strong pillar for PC community, things will just get worse not better. :cautious:

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
Personally, I find it, easily, the best shmup available on Steam.

If you enjoy shmups of the "classic" variety (not bullet hell), you'll probably love this.
The game has a ridiculous amount of content to keep you busy.

Basically, this release includes:

-an arcade perfect port of DARIUSBURST: Another Chronicle EX, playable by up to 4 players in it's original 32:9 aspect ratio, which includes the Original Mode (featuring the stages from the original DARIUSBURST: Another Chronicle arcade), the Original EX Mode (featuring 12 new stages from the EX version of the arcade), as well as the Chronicle Mode, featuring 3000+ stages and variations, which you work to unlock with other online users on one of the game's virtual arcade cabinets.

-a brand new, single player mode, CS Mode, playable in a more desktop friendly 16:9 aspect ratio, which tells the story of the series in 200+ stages, with plenty of references to events, and music tracks, from past entries in the series.

I mostly play the CS Mode, and it's a blast. This mode has tracks from pretty much all games in the series. I love Zuntata's soundtracks, and I can't tell you how much I enjoy shooting things while listening to their kickass music. :giggle:
The first time I got to a stage and got Olga Breeze (from Darius II), or FAKE (from Darius Gaiden), I nearly fell off my chair. :p

The DLCs just add even more "fan service" to the game. No, I don't mean of the semi-nude anime girl variety, I mean even more ships, stages and music, from other classic titles like Night Striker, Metal Black, RayForce, and more.

And to those who keep posting that Freedom track, I'll just say it: I actually like the track. :D
It works well in-game.
Informative! Thanks.

Yes, classic shmups are very welcome. I've always found the enemy design in the Darius games very appealing too.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Is there any way we could get some EGS sale data? I know it's a barely functional store... But are there public profiles à la Steam where the games you own are listed? If we could get a large sample list of 500+ish profile pages, somebody could whip up a crawler to automatically fetch the data...

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is there any way we could get some EGS sale data? I know it's a barely functional store... But are there public profiles à la Steam where the games you own are listed? If we could get a large sample list of 500+ish profile pages, somebody could whip up a crawler to automatically fetch the data...
nope ... and nope

Can you even buy the game ON rockstar social club?
also nope

Arkanius

Dec 21, 2018
haha Rockstar Social Club, I am sure the majority of those players bought the game from Rockstar Social Club!
We shouldn't be laughing at that
I can predict he says that about Rockstar Social Club because he has been in talks with 2K/Take Two....

He knows it will be a store.

Get ready for Red Dead Redemption 2 being exclusive to it

Reactions: kafiend and lashman

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
We shouldn't be laughing at that
I can predict he says that about Rockstar Social Club because he has been in talks with 2K/Take Two....

He knows it will be a store.

Get ready for Red Dead Redemption 2 being exclusive to it
I'll be among those not double dipping in that case.

Back to mostly lurking but enjoying the content. Thank you all and fucking hell at resetera and the PC thread in the last 24 hours or so :(

OSatan

OFather OSun
SteamSpy says that yesterday there were 25,302 concurrent players.
Don't use steam spy

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's kinda awesome. I was not able to commit to 2 different threads/forums. It was mainly ERA and then MetaCouncil. I guess it switched now with all "prominent" members over there being banned... and we got you, lash, posting over here! :D
but i only post emotes and store pages (in a thread that no one reads anyway, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.