Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Humble Bundle now carries Borderlands 3 too.

But Monthly discount shall not apply and only 1.2% cash back and 1.5% charity (normally both 5%).

Am I right in thinking that these keys will have been generated by Epic themselves and they will take the money from sales to pass to the devs rather than the Steam method of allowing key generation for free and money going direct to the devs/publisher & the store selling them?

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Am I right in thinking that these keys will have been generated by Epic themselves and they will take the money from sales rather than the Steam method of allowing key generation for free and money going direct to the devs/publisher & the store selling them?
Epic said they don't take cut from key sales, so they're just like Steam in that regard.

Reactions: kafiend

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Did someone mention the best controller Steam Controller?

The Steam Controller reminds me of this Epic Store vs Steam stuff. Valve doesn't have a PR team to teach journalists to like their stuff, so they drop the worst hot takes ever. I get a little catty on twitter when these PC bloggers act like it's a controller covered in xbox 360 d-pads.

How can you be called PCGaming anything and dismiss the most PC controller ever? I'm cool if the controller isn't for you, but yeesh.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Katana: Zero only ~3 hours long?
Oh really? Well, I'm gonna have to grab it then. I was on the fence but if it's short with potential extra stuff to do if I love it, that's flippin' great :p

Do we have any Steam Controller users here?
I use it for most of my Steam games, although I do have a 360 controller (and a PS4 controller but I have a PS4 and am way too lazy to swap it back and forth). If anyone has figured out the secret sauce to making aiming/camera controls feel natural for games like Tomb Raider please let me know, it's one of the things I've gotten close but never felt "right" on.

Edit: Soul Calibur VI seems to be having a great sale over at GamesBillet for just under $20. I haven't finished the singleplayer stuff of DB FighterZ still but I'm tempted.

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
I'm still waiting for the second revision of the steam controller (if there ever will be one). Playing through Sekiro with a Xbone One controller just made me realize how awful the bumpers are compared to the 360 controller.

Speaking of Sekiro, I finally beat the last boss and I think I'm done for now. First I wanna catch up with my backlog and maybe I'll get into NG+ once DLC is announced.

I was mentally ready for a third phase so I'm really glad that I didn't have to spend even more time on the final boss

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

The Steam Controller reminds me of this Epic Store vs Steam stuff. Valve doesn't have a PR team to teach journalists to like their stuff, so they drop the worst hot takes ever. I get a little catty on twitter when these PC bloggers act like it's a controller covered in xbox 360 d-pads.

How can you be called PCGaming anything and dismiss the most PC controller ever? I'm cool if the controller isn't for you, but yeesh.
Why is PC Gaming journalism so painful? 😓

Are there any sites that both take the consumer side of things and aren't complete twits?

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019

My friends will never not give me shit for my love of the Steam controller.

Where I see limitless possibilities, they see endless hassle. Somehow setting up custom controls for every game in my Steam library is a bad thing.

I'll never understand their logic. Those jokers don't even listen to Deftones.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Are you a monthly subscriber?
Yep! Been one since January 2018. I gotta say though that while I see many people pausing their monthly subscriptions every other month or so. I still haven't felt that I wasted my money even for a single month! At worst I'd feel like I gotten my money's worth more or less. Maybe my taste in gaming is too broad :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Yep! Been one since January 2018. I gotta say though that while I see many people pausing their monthly subscriptions every other month or so. I still haven't felt that I wasted my money even for a single month! At worst I'd feel like I gotten my money's worth more or less. Maybe my taste in gaming is too broad :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:
I asked because if you weren't, I would send you my key, since I already own the game. ;)

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Why is PC Gaming journalism so painful? 😓

Are there any sites that both take the consumer side of things and aren't complete twits?
Most of it is just glorified blogging and/or advertising...

I like reading factual things about the gaming industry... not chunky bullcrap like "The best Hearthstone Rise of Shadows decks so far" or "Why raiding is the biggest reason to be excited about Destiny 2" taken from our friends at pcgamer.com, Unless the definition of "journalist" shifted to just "person who writes about things for other people".

Edit: I missed the last part of your message. I'm not aware of a pro-consumer rational website... When I want to deep dive into some more complex topic, I usually watch GDC videos or browse websites like Gamasutra. When I just want news I usually read the PC Gaming thread on Era (and before that, it used to be GAF)

Last edited:

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
Sure. ;)

Give me a minute, and check your PM's.

I'm... yet to play it. :giggle:
I crowdfunded the game on kickstarter, but due to my insane backlog, I never even installed it. :kissing-face:
Thank you! I hope I didn't put you on the spot. If you have a friend or someone else who wants it, feel free to give it to them instead. Otherwise, I would happily take it.

:heartblob:

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
I'm... yet to play it. :giggle:
I crowdfunded the game on kickstarter, but due to my insane backlog, I never even installed it. :kissing-face:
Crowdfunded the game? Nice! I only really learned of it after it got released. Never knew it was on kickstarter!
That part about buying and never even installing sounds eerily familiar though. I wonder why.
:LOL:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Most of it is just glorified blogging and/or advertising...

I like reading factual things about the gaming industry... not chunky bullcrap like "The best Hearthstone Rise of Shadows decks so far" or "Why raiding is the biggest reason to be excited about Destiny 2" taken from our friends at pcgamer.com, Unless the definition of "journalist" shifted to "person who writes about things for other people".
You're not wrong. No arguments from me.

It'd be nice if PCGamer let Durante write some more articles/tech stuff. Those were always interesting and educating. That's the kinda content I'm really after.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
You're not wrong. No arguments from me.

It'd be nice if PCGamer let Durante write some more articles/tech stuff. Those were always interesting and educating. That's the kinda content I'm really after.
Oh I remember those articles... yes they were great. If you haven't already, I highly recommend watching those GDC videos I mentioned... There are some terrific talks (one I particularly enjoyed was Mick Gordon's, the guy who composed Doom (2016)'s soundtrack... not really all that technical, but I thought it was cool to get a glimpse at what it took to come up with that unique sound and how a project can dynamically evolve with time).

Edit: here, just in case.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
It's embarrassing when you think of it.

Here I am, tempted to pick up Mortal Kombat 11, when I realize I have Mortal Kombat X, and never even played it once. :dizzy-face:
Yeah I know what you're talking about! I also own X on Steam sitting there collecting digital dust. I'm not even that into fighting games but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get tingly feelings inside while watching the latest MK11 trailer and listening to its music. Flashes of watching and loving the original movie in the cinema over two decades ago!

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yakuza 6 is the only one that matters!

Too bad about with the price they set Kiwami 2 at, I won't be able to afford 6.
:loudly-crying-face:

After 6 they can release the FOTNS one.
Excuse you but Yakuza 5 > Yakuza 6

Id take a port of that over 6 anyday.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Last edited:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Oof. That's a long read. In case you've read it/skimmed through it... anything of note?
4 pressure sensitive buttons on back.
Potential support for battery.

(Pads were also rumored to be pressure sensitive but that's seemingly not mentioned on patent - so might have been dropped).

I'd say significant is underselling drop to sub 1fps.
World of Goo’s devs answer questions about HD update, Epic Games Store launch

In an interview with Ars, World of Goo co-creator Kyle Gabler confirmed that all of the game's existing Windows/Mac/Linux versions on storefronts such as Steam and GOG (and developer 2DBoy's own site) will get the update "as soon as it's ready." Whether that means it'll arrive on May 2 or a few days later will depend on "our own ability to generate and test the builds," Gabler said.
So it was just PC gamer being shitty.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Steam has gotten lazy and complacent. These paid-for exclusive patches to decades old games will show us the true power of COMPETITION and World of Goo will clearly be the harbinger of Steam's coming decline.
I mean, even the trustworthy, and totally unbiased expert, Randy Pitchford is saying so.
Truly an UNPRECEDENTED PARTNERSHIP

Wandersong got added to the Monthly Bundle

That's actually a pretty good post-bundle add. I still can't redeem Ethereal though, probably because I took too long, so better get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.