Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Naaah. Their "edgy" moves by now just seem laughable.

Seriously, just laugh at them, and move on. There are so many worthwhile games, and worthwhile developers, releasing every single day on Steam, GOG, itch.io, and others, it really seems pointless to "cry" about not getting a game or two.

I barely have time to play the games I want, let alone losing my time and cool over the EGS.
If these developers don't want my money, I'll just spend it elsewhere. ;)
Exactly. No point in giving them much attention as there isn't anything we can do to stop their scummy deals. Besides not giving them attention (and telling people to do the same of course).
The lack of any sales numbers that aren't obfuscated to uselessness, Sweeney and co's Twitter and Reddit ramblings, their exclusive offerings getting more aggressive just tell me that things are not going as well as they thought for them and kinda scream of desperation and damage control.
Which I like :coffee-blob:

Meanwhile I have probably over a hundred unplayed great games in my library and just bought 8 more on Tuesday.
I really don't need to give a shit about them :p

Talking about games I'm playing, Human Fall Flat is good fun. Those levels are getting damn long though, haha.
I'm itching to properly start those Tuesday bundle games, but at the same time also want to play the stuff I'm currently in the middle of and the ones I planned to play next that I already have downloaded and ready to go, like Arkham City and Spec-Ops: The Line, gah!
There are truly worse problems to have :)

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
Can I run Monster Hunter World well on a 1050? I've played and beaten stuff like Re2 and Sekiro no problem, while still playing smooth and lookin' pretty.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Hey folks!

First post here. Very happy to have joined the council just yesterday. Long, long time lurker on the Steam thread since Gaf days and Era afterwards. Been meaning to register and contribute to the community for ages since you're all such cool people! I even added a big bunch of you on Steam during that friend adding wave last winter sale if I'm remembering correctly. Feel free to add me on Steam if we're not friends there already!

I kept procrastinating on registering because I lost access to my old college e-mail. Shout-out to lashman for helping me out with this! Thanks again for having me here :smiling-eyes:
Nice to have you here on MetaCouncil (y)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Can I run Monster Hunter World well on a 1050? I've played and beaten stuff like Re2 and Sekiro no problem, while still playing smooth and lookin' pretty.
i'd say there's a pretty good chance you'll be able to run it ... probably on middle-to-low settings

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I wonder if there's any interest in a Steam Controller thread, that's why I'm asking. I use it for all my gaming and it has so many features that I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of it.
Im actually thinking of getting one. I play on the TV and currently mostly use a PS4 pad but I do like a good city builder game which usually need a mouse & keyboard. Im thinking a Steam controller might help. A dedicated thread with tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

RoboitoAM

PUBG is the GOTG
Apr 19, 2019
I wonder if there's any interest in a Steam Controller thread, that's why I'm asking. I use it for all my gaming and it has so many features that I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of it.
I've been pretty interested in one but hated the way it felt in my hands when I used my roommate's.

I have been holding out for a refresh or something for a long time.

Reactions: Alexandros

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Hitman 2 Gold Edition for $25 on CDKeys is really tempting

:starblob:
Absolutely worth it. I think I paid almost 3x that and had a fantastic time.

I keep going back and doing the ETs when they roll those out. I haven't tried the new Sniper map that came out recently yet tho.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Seems odd Epic would pay for an exclusive patch for an 11 year old game.
A lot of these deals come with money towards future exclusive projects. That's why in a year or two where these studios start announcing new games coming first to epic store they are gonna toot their own horn about how they paying for exclusives was necessary and helpful to the industry.

It's all part of the plan. Most of that stuff was probably already in development, they just pay for a package deal and pretend they funded those projects from the start.

Phawx

Not-tradamus
Sep 6, 2018
For sure you can run it well at 720p with close to medium settings.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I can't wait to play the latest TW Warhammer 2 expansion when I get home tonight. The new Skaven mechanics sound dope!

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
Sure it can handle it but lowest FPS might be around low 30s depending on settings. This is the 2GB card? Non Ti?
Yes, and thank you for taking the time to help me out with this!

do it ... it's soooooooo good!

just ask BernardoOne :p

not yet, no ... but you can make one if you want, i'm sure no one will mind, haha ... i'm sure Schnitzelfee will appreciate it! :D
don't bring them into this. I don't want to support addictions

:sweaty-blob:

FunnyJay