Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, they probably have an outdated listing.
I don't believe Bethesda is selling Steam keys for it.

I still use 360 pads, and that has been my problem.

Since my 360 broke down, I bought a Microsoft wireless "dongle" to use my 360 controllers on PC.

I like them, or at least, I'm used to them, and they have great compatibility with games.
Usually, I just turn them on, and use them, no need to configure anything.

But, all 4 pads I have have analogue stick drift. In some, one or both of the analogue sticks actually get stuck to a side.
And, in a couple, the triggers keep failing.

This has made fighting games pretty much impossible to properly play, and even while playing something like Euro Truck Simulator 2, I frequently have the truck turning to one of the sides, or the camera starting to slowly turn.

I really need to get a new pad soon.
I thought about trying to track down another 360 pad, but it seems clear there's a problem with analogue stick drift.

What would be a good, durable option for me, one that has a similar wide range of compatibility?
DualShock4's sticks haven't failed me, it's been fine, I don't regret getting it or have any problems with it. I even used it with applicable space/flight games (like Oolite for example, a freeware Elite clone/remake) before getting a flight stick and set deadzone to 0-5 and it was flawless. With the 360 pad I'd need a 10% or later higher deadzone setting to avoid drift. And of course common games didn't allow you to set a deadzone anywhere, hence the problems you mention.

Deleted member 113

DualShock4's sticks haven't failed me, it's been fine, I don't regret getting it or have any problems with it. I even used it with applicable space/flight games (like Oolite for example, a freeware Elite clone/remake) before getting a flight stick and set deadzone to 0-5 and it was flawless. With the 360 pad I'd need a 10% or later higher deadzone setting to avoid drift. And of course common games didn't allow you to set a deadzone anywhere, hence the problems you mention.
I admit I was never too found of the DualShock design.
They never felt comfortable in my hand.

Then again, it may be because I've grown used to the 360 pad.

---

In other news, this one looks fun:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I guess you could try an Xbox One pad then, I haven't heard of drift issues with that (but I haven't looked for it, I never considered one, so do that). If you only want it for retro and fighting games get a Saturn (or Genesis) pad like me. Or wait for a version that has sticks and extra shoulder buttons, they are planned but I'm not sure how that will feel with the 6 face buttons being pushed too far or the sticks being too close. Or the quality of course, unknown until then even if the stickless pads have good reviews. Since my DS4 is fine for all such regular games I went for the original Saturn pad design for a specific purpose (and nostalgia).

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Welcome to the thread :drinking-blob:

We just don't know but it's easy to think that Ubisoft won't return after the 12-month exclusivity deal so it will remain as a Co-exclusive forever. BUT nothing is confirmed.
welcome! glad you decided now's the good time to start posting! :)

afaik yes, there are some connections .... but i also believe the story is complete without playing those

that being said - the DLC stuff is even better than the main game (especially the park one)

like Mor said - i don't think they'll be back ... ubi wanted to ditch steam for a good while now, and epic only gave them an excuse (and a big bag of money) to finally jump ship
Cheers :drinking-blob:
Guess I'll pick up the dlc next sale if it's cheap enough.

It certainly sucks to see Ubi jumping ship but it's understandable. To be honest, even though I like the Anno series (especially the older ones), I'm asking because of an eventual Settlers revival/new game, which judging by the most recent events won't be on steam as well...

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Cheers :drinking-blob:
Guess I'll pick up the dlc next sale if it's cheap enough.

It certainly sucks to see Ubi jumping ship but it's understandable. To be honest, even though I like the Anno series (especially the older ones), I'm asking because of an eventual Settlers revival/new game, which judging by the most recent events won't be on steam as well...
Yeah, the new Settlers collection is uPlay only and the new game will probably part of their EGS deal. At least Settlers 2 is on GOG.

Deleted member 113

I don't know if I posted about this already, but fans of old (and I do mean OLD) RPGs may want to keep an eye on SKALD:

It's a set of tools, so that people can make their own story-heavy, retro RPG "game-books", that can be easily distributed.
If a community grows around it, it can be something quite cool.
The developer is planning to launch on Steam, with workshop support.

There will soon be a kickstarter campaign, to help the developer hire a couple of people to do more assets for the final product.
He is working on a demo built with the tools, to be made available when the campaign launches.

Here's a few pieces of media:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah, at this point i'll be VERY surprised if it's actually on steam ...

especially since they didn't even bother releasing the anniversary collection on steam ... they just updated the games that were already on steam to use udontplay ... and that's it

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Lego DC Supervillains already 50%off
If anyone is considering buying it there is even a better price on cdkeys.

LEGO® DC Super-Villains: $11.39

LEGO® DC Super-Villains Deluxe Edition: $15.39

Deleted member 113

Thanks, would've complete missed that one. This week is most definitely in the top 3 of most insane number of quality Steam releases, feels like One Finger Death Punch but instead of killing dudes it's all about hitting the wishlist and purchase buttons as fast as possible.
Yeah, it's been a crazy week. :fearful-face:
A lot of quality games, all coming out in the space of 3 or 4 days.

I mean, we had point and click games:

Arcade compilations:

Action games:

Strategy games:

RPGs:

Platformers:

And more:

And, this is only a partial list.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
I don't know if I posted about this already, but fans of old (and I do mean OLD) RPGs may want to keep an eye on SKALD:

It's a set of tools, so that people can make their own story-heavy, retro RPG "game-books", that can be easily distributed.
If a community grows around it, it can be something quite cool.
The developer is planning to launch on Steam, with workshop support.

There will soon be a kickstarter campaign, to help the developer hire a couple of people to do more assets for the final product.
He is working on a demo built with the tools, to be made available when the campaign launches.

Here's a few pieces of media:

This looks relevant to my interests, once I finish the rest of the Gold Box games (my avatar was my Battle Santa from Pool of Radiance)

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Steam Controller users, what kind of setup do you use for games that don't support simultaneous mouse and gamepad input?
I guess it depends on how important my aim is. I'm not against going full kb/m if I have to. If the game has decent sensitivity options, I may try out Mouse-Like Joystick.

Reactions: Kvik and Alexandros

Deleted member 113

This looks relevant to my interests, once I finish the rest of the Gold Box games (my avatar was my Battle Santa from Pool of Radiance)
A man of good taste. :winking-face:

The project I mentioned above can end up being something quite cool, because the look/visuals will surely improve (the current ones were done by a single guy, the creator of the tools, who is a programmer, and not really an artist), and the plan is for the "game-books" that are made to be easily shareable between pretty much any platform that supports Unity.

So, you should be able to play these on PC, and continue them on your mobile phone, or tablet, if you wish to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xagarath

Scribbler
Dec 31, 2018
www.goodreads.com
Slightly baffled by my own PC.
I had it repeatedly failing to boot yesterday, so I connected one of those PSU testers and got a clear reading of no PG signal (the signal that okays the rest of the computer to book, normally suggesting a PSU error).
I unplugged the PSU from everything in the machine, plugged it back into the tester and got no errors. Reconnected it to the machine and everything boots as normal.
I just want to know why this fixed the issue in case it happens again?

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Another one.

I had it repeatedly failing to boot yesterday, so I connected one of those PSU testers and got a clear reading of no PG signal (the signal that okays the rest of the computer to book, normally suggesting a PSU error).
I unplugged the PSU from everything in the machine, plugged it back into the tester and got no errors. Reconnected it to the machine and everything boots as normal.
Phew, maybe just a bad/loose connection? But if it happens again I'd consider getting a new PSU or sending it in.

Last edited:

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018

Deleted member 113

Welcome to the wonderful world of PCs! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Where re-starting your PC fixes most issues you experience, and where unplugging and re-plugging everything gets your PC working again, when you have hardware problems.

You'll probably never know why you had those issues.
Ideally, your PC will keep working well, so that you don't even have to worry about it anymore.

Reactions: Kvik and BO7AMMOOD

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
oops, too late
Good to know that at least I'm getting killed in a.... memorable manner.

Ahh.. the good old "unplugged and re-plugged and is started working". In my experience you will not find out (now) what it was, and yes, it will happen again. But only at the worst time, like when you start to play a game you were really looking forward to.

Deleted member 113

I honestly meant to make a thread for all the Dangen announcements but I completely forgot lol.
Dangen has been working on a lot of cool games.
The shmup Devil Engine, released a couple of months ago, is a personal favourite.

I only discovered recently that Ben Judd, formerly of Capcom (where he had a big role in the English localization of the Phoenix Wright games) is one of the co-founders.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Gazillions of ways or reasons a PC can go wrong. This might be a temporary solution to an ongoing problem or if it's fixed it could be you solved it by plugging in all the wires properly because one was loose :p

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Dangen has been working on a lot of cool games.
The shmup Devil Engine, released a couple of months ago, is a personal favourite.

I only discovered recently that Ben Judd, formerly of Capcom (where he had a big role in the English localization of the Phoenix Wright games) is one of the co-founders.
Oh wow, didn't know he was a part of them.

My most hyped release from them is probably Renaine, it just looks so cute and good:

That or the Ys clone I mentioned earlier.

Deleted member 113

My most hyped release from them is probably Renaine, it just looks so cute and good:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it as well. :highfiveblob:

Astalon also looks cool:

It wasn't an april fools prank, since the news came out a few days before that date (in late March), but we still don't have a lot of details, other than:

Reactions: sauce

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it as well. :highfiveblob:

Astalon also looks cool:

Yes! This was the one I was thinking of, but I couldn't remember its name and was too lazy to go back and find my own post lol. I really ought to make that thread, if not for everyone else, then for myself.

In other news, looks like Phoenix Point got paid 4 million upfront to make it EGS exclusive: Phoenix Point Fig backers have accrued 191% return to date - can we calculate the Epic moneyhat?

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I know you are all anxious to hear about my Nep 2 progress, so I'm letting you all know I got one of the first endings and will be going for the True one today

:wd_topnep:
I've been having a giggle at your screenshots on my Steam activity feed. Last time I played Nep2 was on PS3, but damn, I forgot how funny it was! :D

Don't forget to go for the bad end, it's kinda creepy in it's own way...

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Re: controllers. My grey green xbone controller's left stick started drifting a while back. :( And it had kind of a weird feeling left bumper too. So I dug out my older xbone controller, I miss the textured grips a lot.

I should try and see if I can swap the casings, move the innards of the perfectly working one into the other one. Maybe mix some parts too while I'm at it, black triggers on the grey case or something.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I need a new controller badly. My OG wired 360 controller is not gonna last much longer. I can feel the buttons getting mushy and the DPad is getting shitier by the minute.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
I've been having a giggle at your screenshots on my Steam activity feed. Last time I played Nep2 was on PS3, but damn, I forgot how funny it was! :D

Don't forget to go for the bad end, it's kinda creepy in it's own way...
The Conquest ending? I got locked out cause I recruited all chars and maxed every bond before reading requirements :notlikethisblob:

I'll be watching that one on Youtube I think, unless I decide to do NG+ only for it

Arkanius

Dec 21, 2018
Just finished AC: Unity
Apparently, the DLC is also free (Dead Kings), so I promptly started it, but not feeling the drab and lifeless look of pestilence in this town. I want my revolutionary France back

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

lol, was supposed to be a sponsored video, the authors were made aware of the fact they won't get paid for it 15 hours before upload (and I imagine long after they made all the footage)

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Been playing Dark Souls 3 all day. What a great game. I bought it at launch but didnt finish it, maybe played about 20hours. Ive re-started a character and have got beyond the point where i stopped. Ive actually been progressing pretty quickly.

I just reached Anor Londo! I stumbled into that churchy bit with the rotating lift/staircase and the darkmoon guy. Totally unexpected but a fantastic nostalgia hit.

I know im LTTP but its such a good game. The level design is fantastic. I love how you can see pretty much the whole map from various vantage points.

Reactions: Kvik and BO7AMMOOD
Status
Not open for further replies.