Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Still trying to parse the Control spreadsheets. Too many editions but the worst part is that no one knows what most of the DLCs do, How they look, how they are integrated, Do they make the game more fun? Why? Are they cool? Show us something. Why should we care? With let's say special editions of BluRays I can go 'alright, I'll get a poster, more interviews, a soundtrack CD, this and that'. With games, especially ones we haven't played so don't have any context, it's like someone threw up a wall of meaningless words. Some of which are exclusive to certain editions and platforms.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I may not play all the DLC in a game, but I like the ability to have all the DLC.
Then better be quick and preorder the.... wait a second.... any minute now.... almost got it.... oh, PS4 DIGI DELUXE so you don't miss out on an exclusive side mission and the Urban Response Gear (not to be confused with the very different Tactical Response Gear which poor people get too). Btw does EGS get something superspecial, 'missing these features exclusively'? Didn't see a spreadsheet.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'll buy a new PSU today to revive my dead PC and if that doesnt work I'll be fucking PISSED.

Reactions: lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
If EGS gets its own thread but happy birthday spam doesn't I'm done here, will go back to GAF, resurrect the old Steam thread and just talk to myself there.
Birthday spam is so bad. Hopefully the like system tones it down a bit here.

The thread on neonazigaf must be deader than that site.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Supraland peaked at 1k players today. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little surprised. Who knew a demo could get people to buy your game? /s.
Demo did probably some good but it also got some decent exposure from Kotaku and Giant Bomb.

I’ve been on a Grim Dawn kick lately and this looks right up my alley! As you mentioned, here’s hoping controller support is good. Damn I love these games.
Yeah, been itching for an arpg with good controller support to kick back to. Path of Exile is out of the question, Diablo 3 doesn’t support it (and I'm kinda over the game since I don’t see myself picking up the Switch version), Victor Vran was boring and Grim Dawn didn’t control well with a Xbox controller when I tried it a few years back. Never tried it with my Steam Controller though.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I’m also curious about Supraland’s length and feelings of anyone that’s played through most or all of it. Real tempted to buy it regardless but knowing that it stays solid to the end would be nice to know.
It took me 19 hrs to beat the game. I ended with about 49% collected. Supraland manages to maintain it's quality throughout. It's a really good game.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I get that VNs are niche but $60 is still too much for a VN @_@

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
$85 AUD? No launch discount?

Luckily it doesn't look like OWIE will come out soon? I'm all sorted in terms of VN though. Can't possibly fit anymore. I'm currently reading/playing Utawarerumono, Ace Attorney, Death Mark, Chaos;Child. Plus Obra Dinn as well.

:wd_time:

I need to borrow a hyperbolic time chamber.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I just realized today that after their announcement months ago, there’s basically been no updates on Frostpunk’s Mac port. And now they just announced console ports.

Bah :cryblob:

Reactions: lashman

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I get that VNs are niche but $60 is still too much for a VN @_@

Best thing about it, it's a port of the original release. Mages didn't deem worthy of notifying PQube that they planned on releasing a severely (40% of new content, various QoL improvements) updated version before they finished the translation/porting process.

Reactions: Kvik and lashman

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Gonna aim to finish We. The Revolution Ch. 2 today. Should be able to clear it in a few hours, leaving me with the 3rd chapter to clear over the next couple of days.

Reactions: Wok and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Gonna aim to finish We. The Revolution Ch. 2 today. Should be able to clear it in a few hours, leaving me with the 3rd chapter to clear over the next couple of days.
how's the game so far?

hankenta

Dec 9, 2018
I played Sekiro for the first time in 2 weeks last night, walked straight into Lady Butterfly's room and beat her first try. 💪

Pretty much right after that I randomly stumbled into the boss room of and got close enough to beating him that I'm confident he's going down in the first few tries next time I play. I still have a lot to explore in the area leading up to him though, so I'll go back for that. I really enjoyed fighting the enemies in that area.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just bought this

for $1

Now I dunno what to do with the disc box :V
how's the game so far?
Well for one thing, if your language is set to English, mute the voices. The voice acting is all in American accent which is all wrong for a game set during the French Revolution :p
It's a choice based game where your choices will affect the story's progression or events among other things. While you do get stats that show how certain factions in the game think of you, I personally chose to balance out all main factions with my actions.

It's a decent game, if you're willing to play a game set during the French Revolution wherein you eventually can decide who gets beheaded at the guillotines after a court trial.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Wok
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's a decent game, if you're willing to play a game set during the French Revolution wherein you eventually can decide who gets beheaded at the guillotines after a court trial.
sounds good to me 👍

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Well my young cousin learned about Ancient Egypt and Hieroglyphs, so i figured I'd get the AC Origins from Hamble Monthly a little early. Will aim to play it during the summer and beat it so I can let him explore a virtual Ancient Egypt and spare his parents the money for a trip there :V

Status
Not open for further replies.