Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
If I remember right, wasn't there two DR anime and one is a prequel to DR3 while the other wraps up the other two? Do you remember specifically which is which off-hand so I can put them on my list?
All I've heard is that the anime is supposedly really bad.
Yeah, but my switchaxe is so fuuuuuun.
A fellow switch-axe user! I've played around 100 hours with it, it's just so much fun.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Steam needs to allow us to ignore combined tags already. Still want to browse adult games every now and then, but it would finally kill off all those picture matching games in one swoop ("sexual content" + "casual").
That and key words such "hentai", "jigsaw", etc... Something like this. (pic is mine, sent this to Valve people a long time ago)

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
There are two types of people, those who like anime and accept it and the ones that try to hide it.

(I actually saw this as someones profile pic in R6 Siege the other day which is why your post reminded me of it lol.)

Danganronpa 3’s anime has 3 seperate arcs. Future, Despair and Hope. (Hope is only 1 episode though) But tbh they aren’t very good. Despair starts really promising but completely falls apart.

Its not meant to be 2 seperate animes. Its set up so you’re supposed to switch between Despair and Future every episode. The intention is Future 1 > Dispair 1 > Future 2 > Despair 2 > Future 3... etc

Future takes place after 2 and Despair takes place before 1.
As Ryna said, while they are technically two Animes, they are supposed to be watched in tandem.
The Prequel is also for DR1+2.

Technically DRV3 is a very standalone experience, but it's still recommended to Play the others first because of deliberate callbacks.
Thanks for clearing that up. Seems I'll have to watch this once I get ready to play DR3, I've done DR1 and 2 on Vita, but I'll probably replay them on Steam for the achievements and as a refresher course lol.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So what's exactly stopping developers from giving various options for controller icons on PC games?

Fell Seal, an indie studio's first game, gives you several icons from XB360, XB1, PS4, to Steam controller, no matter the controller you're using. I've heard before that you need Sony's permission for Dualshock icons, but is it true? Even if it's true, how come that a small indie game like Fell Seal can easily get the permission?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So what's exactly stopping developers from giving various options for controller icons on PC games?

Fell Seal, an indie studio's first game, gives you several icons from XB360, XB1, PS4, to Steam controller, no matter the controller you're using. I've heard before that you need Sony's permission for Dualshock icons, but is it true? Even if it's true, how come that a small indie game like Fell Seal can easily get the permission?
Smaller titles can fly, but I heard bigger ones need to pay a small fee, since Sony owns the trademarks or whatever of the Dualshock icons.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Maybe they're using the Steam Input API? Showing the proper glyphs for every controller type is one of its features.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So I dunno why I dropped AC:Unity so fast but AC:Origins is getting to me.

Though it was kind of weird how you don't really get an intro story. I found a necropolis and he mentioned dead son, I was like what dead son? who? lol.

To add it felt like what I did a couple weeks ago with the wife and watching netflix. Somehow we started a brand new show on episode 2. I was liek I felt like we are missing crucial information. Checked and yep, missed the pilot episode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Has anyone played
It looks interesting in an old From Software kind of way, but I dunno, some people complain about the controls...

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

PC gaming also did quite well throughout FY2018 thanks to big games like Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami coming to the platform, and SEGA sees big opportunities for increased earnings. SEGA has plans to keep porting games over to PC storefronts like Steam in a bid to maximize reach, exposure, and sales across all gaming segments. PS4 exclusivity will continue breaking down as SEGA adopts this multi-platform approach. The publisher affirms its new games will come to all systems, from PC to mobile and even next-gen consoles like the PlayStation 5

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

PC gaming also did quite well throughout FY2018 thanks to big games like Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami coming to the platform, and SEGA sees big opportunities for increased earnings. SEGA has plans to keep porting games over to PC storefronts like Steam in a bid to maximize reach, exposure, and sales across all gaming segments. PS4 exclusivity will continue breaking down as SEGA adopts this multi-platform approach. The publisher affirms its new games will come to all systems, from PC to mobile and even next-gen consoles like the PlayStation 5
Sega pls Bring Persona 4 Golden and I will buy multiple copies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Smaller titles can fly, but I heard bigger ones need to pay a small fee, since Sony owns the trademarks or whatever of the Dualshock icons.
I see, that makes sense then.

Maybe they're using the Steam Input API? Showing the proper glyphs for every controller type is one of its features.
If that's the case, then there should be a Switch icons too, but there isn't.

So I dunno why I dropped AC:Unity so fast but AC:Origins is getting to me.

Though it was kind of weird how you don't really get an intro story. I found a necropolis and he mentioned dead son, I was like what dead son? who? lol.

To add it felt like what I did a couple weeks ago with the wife and watching netflix. Somehow we started a brand new show on episode 2. I was liek I felt like we are missing crucial information. Checked and yep, missed the pilot episode.
Did you skip the whole prologue or something? I played the game at launch in 2017 and I still remember him today.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Having watched the American Truck Simulator Playdate on Giant Bomb I have an urge to play the one Truck Simulator I have (might even be the American) but I have never enjoyed a driving game. Automatic sucks and as someone who when he drives drives a manual shifting gears have never been translated proper to videogames. At least from the ones I tried.

And I kinda want to get a wheel but I kinda also don't want to get a wheel since it is expensive, I don't have the place and if I don't like it I have the hassle of returning it. Blergh.

Anyway, played more Dragon Quest XI. Still pretty great.

Deleted member 113

Having watched the American Truck Simulator Playdate on Giant Bomb I have an urge to play the one Truck Simulator I have (might even be the American) but I have never enjoyed a driving game. Automatic sucks and as someone who when he drives drives a manual shifting gears have never been translated proper to videogames. At least from the ones I tried.

And I kinda want to get a wheel but I kinda also don't want to get a wheel since it is expensive, I don't have the place and if I don't like it I have the hassle of returning it. Blergh.
Since I don't have a wheel, and use a controller, and I dislike changing shifts on a controller, I actually play ATS and ETS 2 with automatic shifting. :giggle:
The game is a great "chill out" game. You can use your MP3's (or online radios), and the game ends up being a great excuse to listen to music, and do some virtual sightseeing.

Reactions: BlueOdin

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Since I don't have a wheel, and use a controller, and I dislike changing shifts on a controller, I actually play ATS and ETS 2 with automatic shifting. :giggle:
The game is a great "chill out" game. You can use your MP3's (or online radios), and the game ends up being a great excuse to listen to music, and do some virtual sightseeing.
Yeah, seems like a good podcast game which I would need since I don't have to get to university as much anymore and the trainride to work isn't that long. Can only walk so long a day to keep up with every show I'm subscribed to.

Don't enjoy driving with a controller. Feel is just off to me. Can't steer for shit. I am an okay driver but whenever I drive in videogames I feel like I'm a comedic bad driver in a sitcom.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019

I'd still love to see the Etrian Odyssey games ported to PC. After watching streamers play older dungeon crawlers with a Grid Cartographer window side by side, EO would be totally doable.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Anyone with an account that won't use the code?
Likewise :v

Deleted member 113

For those who are yet to pick up Hitman 2, the free Miami Pack, which gives access to the first "proper" Hitman 2 map/mission, should be up on Steam any moment now.
The first Hitman 2 elusive target is also returning, for those who missed it:

Those who played the Hawke's Bay prologue may want to give this map a try, especially since it's free, because it's more representative of the scale of the game, and the freedom it provides for you to complete the goals as you see fit.

Ops, it appears the pack is not free. I misread. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.