Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
For those that have an Oculus or a VR HMD. The Rez devs are giving free keys to Rez for the Oculus store. It's on their Twitter and check on it in the next 3.5 hours for them to give out more keys

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Looking forward to Halo 2, mostly to see how much they changed up the formula from Halo 1.
My guess would be they streamlined all the weird backtracking in Halo 1, and made levels overall more focused, closer to the hallways of console shooters. Wonder if the series will keep old school health mechanics, or move to the "bloody screen" thing too.

Reactions: 「Echo」

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Heads up folks! Gamersgate (UK) currently has Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow and Hercules on sale for 75% off. This was the best discount Disney's previous batch of classic platformers (Aladdin, Lion King, Jungle Book) went for before they were delisted by the way, which happened not too long after their release. So if you're interested in them, I'd say now is the time to get them. Coincidentally, I also grabbed the delisted games from Gamersgate too while they were still on sale.

Save 75% on Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

Save 75% on Disney's Hercules

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
After having sleps on Ori 2 ending I realized something
Ori doesn't die, but he trascends into the spirit tree and it seems like the other characters are able to comunicate while they live in Niwen and they are there while Ori grows up as a big tree. You can see Gumo helping Naru up the tree that has became Ori and when the camera pans up Kumo, Naru and Gumos faces are carved into Ori (tree). They die by old age.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
After having sleps on Ori 2 ending I realized something
Ori doesn't die, but he trascends into the spirit tree and it seems like the other characters are able to comunicate while they live in Niwen and they are there while Ori grows up as a big tree. You can see Gumo helping Naru up the tree that has became Ori and when the camera pans up Kumo, Naru and Gumos faces are carved into Ori (tree). They die by old age.
The fact that Kuro's wing was healed by Ori is one of the most endearing aspect of this ending.

Monster Hunter World is really, really impressing me. I thought I'd hate it on principle : I hate rote memorization and thought the map was both tiny and gamey, but boy was I wrong. This game is so much more than that. The tone is great, it's about knowing, seeing and understanding the world around you and the level of reactivity of monsters and the world around them, or at least the promise of it, is incredible. It's a game about being a hunter and its dedication to this idea is really immersive and enjoyable. And the memorization works because everything is not killing you in two shots, you have more than half a second to react to a tell and you have time to think and adapt while fighting while the character controls amazingly well.

And the world! Everything moves, glows and chirps, everything feels alive around you. The amount of systems playing together, at least from a beginner's superficial standpoint, is amazing. The level design, the amount of layers to the map and the speed at which you traverse it for its scale and density is a joy. There even are lines of ants on the ground! It's a game that genuinely care about ecosystems, ridiculous as it might sound. Character control feels excellent and the amount of animations, the craftsmanship and polish that went into them is nothing short of ridiculous.

The one qualm I have is that in such an open and fascinating world, I'd very much like it if quest characters could shut the hell up and stop the Hey! and Over here!" for one goddamn second and let me take it all in.

It's really hard not to burn myself out by just sinking as many hours in a day into it as I can.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You need to fix your spoiler. :p

But yeah, I agreed.

The ending was bitterseet. Bitter because Shriek dies and doesn't get the warmth adn welcome he hismelf once wanted, sweet because he dies with his family. Bitter because ori doesn't get the reunion with Nauru, Kuro and Gumo, sweet because it seems like they are able to communicate with him when he is a tree and they live by his side and they die by old age.

Reactions: Swenhir

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, as lashman posted on Steam pages thread, Atomicrops (currently an EGS exclusive) just opened the page this morning confirming that after 12 months it will come to the platform, September release ICYW.

Interestingly enough, the ID is 2 years old (pretty much like Journey which was 3 years old)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tempting to get Warhammer 2, but I have decided I will finish the campaign in the first game before getting Warhammer 2.

Nice way to wait for an even better sale.

New bunch of "one and done" games installing now that I have completed the last batch of "one and done games" which consisted of Doom Eternal, Alyx, Celeste and Ori 2 are Donut County, Far Lone Sails, Ion Fury, Remnant, Hotline Miami (already completed the sequel) and A Short Hike.

Reactions: Li Kao and FunnyJay

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
In all honesty, forget the original Campaign. Getting TW2 just for the new races and mortal empires campaign alone is worth it. It is quiet a different game.
And if you look carefully, you can find it for 13€...
I know, but I have also read that Warhammer 1 plays more like a standard Total War game too and is a good game to start for Total War newbies, so as someone who hasn't played a regular Total War game, I guess I should start with Warhammer to both get an introduction to Total War and to play with fantasy elements?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I have a habit of having to play the first games even if their sequels are weaker.
Any wortwhile dlcs for TW Warhammer 1 at least?
I know, but I have also read that Warhammer 1 plays more like a standard Total War game too and is a good game to start for Total War newbies, so as someone who hasn't played a regular Total War game, I guess I should start with Warhammer to both get an introduction to Total War and to play with fantasy elements?

Total War: Warhammer is tuned down when it comes to over-world map mechanics. At least in comparison to older, classic Total War games. It looks like a Total War game, but I'd say that it plays different and is certainly less complex.
Until you realize how different the factions and sub-factions are. Everything has unique gameplay styles, campaign mechanics, armies etc. It can be quiet overwhelming, but offers you content for endless hours.

Total Warhammer 2 is more like an addon. In some ways it takes TW1 as a foundation and builds upon it. If you, for example, own both TW 1 and TW 2 the old world from TW1 and new World from TW2 gets combined and you get a new, bigger map with all continents at once. You get new and improved game-play mechanics for many factions. For example the empire (Reikkland) in TW1 is just a normal faction, in TW2 it turns into an elector count driven federation that you need to play more political.

You need to look at both games as part of a single bigger game, that will one day be finished with Total War: Warhammer 3.
TW2 is not a classic sequel. You really want both of them.

For TW1 races: Norsca is pretty strong imo. But it all depends on if you like the mortal empires play-style of a certain race. If you, for example, like the vampire counts than "The Grim and the Grave" will give you some nice, additional options imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao and Swenhir
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
wow ... ubi give SO little fuck about steam that there are links to "buy season 2 pass" plastered all over Anno 1800 ... but when you click any of them - it just takes you to udontplay overlay's "store" tab ... that doesn't load because it's the steam version

so effectively the ONLY way to buy the DLC on steam is if you have the direct link to its store page ... because it's not even listed on the (hidden) game's store page

:toucan:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
wow ... ubi give SO little fuck about steam that there are links to "buy season 2 pass" plastered all over Anno 1800 ... but when you click any of them - it just takes you to udontplay overlay's "store" tab ... that doesn't load because it's the steam version

so effectively the ONLY way to buy the DLC on steam is if you have the direct link to its store page ... because it's not even listed on the (hidden) game's store page

:toucan:
They hate money from the looks of it. That, or want you to buy on uplay which, I'll admit, I did for TD1.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They hate money from the looks of it. That, or want you to buy on uplay which, I'll admit, I did for TD1.
of course they want people to buy it on udontplay ... it's just funny how they're treating steam users like complete shit ... but i guess that's par for the course when it comes to ubi

and on that note - anyone who believed them during their "please don't let vivendi take us over" campaign is naive beyond belief (same goes for bethesda and their "save player one" bullshit)

Reactions: LEANIJA

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Total War: Warhammer is tuned down when it comes to over-world map mechanics. At least in comparison to older, classic Total War games. It looks like a Total War game, but I'd say that it plays different and is certainly less complex.
Until you realize how different the factions and sub-factions are. Everything has unique gameplay styles, campaign mechanics, armies etc. It can be quiet overwhelming, but offers you content for endless hours.

Total Warhammer 2 is more like an addon. In some ways it takes TW1 as a foundation and builds upon it. If you, for example, own both TW 1 and TW 2 the old world from TW1 and new World from TW2 gets combined and you get a new, bigger map with all continents at once. You get new and improved game-play mechanics for many factions. For example the empire (Reikkland) in TW1 is just a normal faction, in TW2 it turns into an elector count driven federation that you need to play more political.

You need to look at both games as part of a single bigger game, that will one day be finished with Total War: Warhammer 3.
TW2 is not a classic sequel. You really want both of them.

For TW1 races: Norsca is pretty strong imo. But it all depends on if you like the mortal empires play-style of a certain race. If you, for example, like the vampire counts than "The Grim and the Grave" will give you some nice, additional options imo.
So I should pretty much just drop 1 and play 2?

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
I'm finishing up DOOM Eternal and my second Half-Life: Alyx campaign.

I started NEO Scavenger recently. On my first game I was immediately attacked by a feral dog, barely managed to survive, only to be shot by a looter right after. My second game was going pretty well until Blue Frog Cultists... And I was horribly ambushed one night on my previous game.

My current game is going pretty well, I just need to find a (right) shoe for my right foot.

How do you like my stylin' backpack?
Tried that out for half an hour on Famshare but I just couldn't get into it. The theme and style are so to my liking though. Maybe I'll give it another go someday.
Except PCSX2 :loudly-crying-face:
What do you mean? I always thought PS2 emulation is in a very good spot.

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.