Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

Was curious why the game looked so extreme.
One of the few E3 conferences I ever watched live. :blobcheer:
Funnily enough, the PS3 presentation (yeah, the one with the "Ridge Racer!", "$999,99 USD", and the "historically accurate giant enemy crabs" was another).

I still think everyone that took part in it had a good meal, and drank well, before the conference started, because everyone looked drunk, and out of their minds. :LOL:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
If were a japanese pub/dev saying PC I would not worry much, but Crytek saying PC the game will release on GOG/Steam and maybe EGS simultaneous or only EGS and they are dodging the backlash.

Reactions: PC-tan

Deleted member 113

It really has to be seen to be believed :smiling-eyes:
I watched that conference, in full, live. It was nuts.
Really, those 12 minutes don't reflect the whole insanity of that conference. Yeah, you have the catchy phrases, and a few "insane" bits like the DDR and wrestling presentations, but it's missing the enormous, awkward silences, the flat deliveries, I felt sorry for many of the people on stage. And then something insane would happen, and I would start shaking my head. :giggle:

Nothing worked.
They were showing things, no one was responding to anything, pure silence.

I watched it expecting some Castlevania news, and clearly the press there were expecting some news from the more well known franchises, and instead got a lot of mediocre titles, presented in the most awkward fashion.

Tak Fujii was really funny, but his "insanity" was mostly the result of his poor English, coupled with trying to get some sort of reaction from the crowd, because it almost felt like he was in an empty auditorium.
Several speakers that followed didn't even get a few laughs.

Konami E3 2010 was amazing. Watched it live while sitting in a couple of forum threads all of us marvelling at just what was going on.

They then continued to loop the video for the next day and the threads went on forever. Good times.
Yeah, it was crazy. When it started, many people weren't even watching the thing, and the number gradually grew during the conference, probably because I kept seeing people posting on forums saying "you have to check that ongoing Konami conference trainwreck". :LOL:

I still remember Ninety Nine Nights 2, and that game was shit.
If you just press X X X Y Y Y you will be sucked. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
God even with the patched in checkpoints I still utterly hate The Impossible Lair 😭
True. That last level is infuriating.

Plus, the grind for coins to unlock the latest area is daunting. I feel like I need to read a walk-through to find some of these coin locations.
I am not a Mario person, I guess.

This is where I currently sit:

Last edited:
Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

So I finally got around to installing Battle Chasers from the March Humble Choice.

Wowzers am I mighty impressed 5 hours in.

Game is drop-dead gorgeous with that thick, chunky Darksiders art style. Great use of color and post-processing like DoF.

NIce audio suite with above average soundtrack & voice acting.

Most interesting is the successful hybrid nature of old-school JRPG mechanics with modern systems (crafting) & QoL features.

Great comfort-food gaming experience. Nostalgic triggers, modern presentation with great pacing & game flow.

Digging it immensely.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Hopefully I outlive him and the next person to take over releases it all.

He has been sitting 10 years on the IP, so far he has released:

-A new remaster inferior to the prior remaster
-A guest appearance in the remaster of a game everyone pretends to love but its quickly forgotten.
I have never forgotten and want my damned sequel.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
So is anyone else here playing/finished FF7 remake? I'm on the last chapter and thinking of making a thread to talk about it later tonight but I'd rather not talk to myself. I guess at the very least it could be revived in a year when it's on PC and become the general spoiler thread lol

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Hey everyone! One last quick reminder that we're closing in on 24 hours remaining for the giveaway in the co-op thread. So if you would like to enter there's still some time to do so.

And though I've already done so a couple times in the co-op thread, I want to thank everyone for the kindness you've shown me during the past year. It's why this giveaway is happening, why I want to celebrate my one year here. Keep being awesome everyone and good luck to all who enter! :cat-heart-blob:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So is anyone else here playing/finished FF7 remake? I'm on the last chapter and thinking of making a thread to talk about it later tonight but I'd rather not talk to myself. I guess at the very least it could be revived in a year when it's on PC and become the general spoiler thread lol
Feel free to do so, as you said, once it comes to PC it will probably get activity.

Deleted member 113

Sure. ;)
While most recent threads are PC centric (a year or so ago, we probably had a few more console threads), anything is game, especially since plenty of members also have consoles.

Reactions: Derrick01 and Mor

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
I have started it, but only played the first reactor mission (busy with work). The combat will take me some time to get used to, but the game looks gorgeous (for a PS4 title).

Reactions: Derrick01

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Okay, done with Ori 2 for now, might get back at some point in the future. Cleaned up the map a little bit after finishing the story, ended up with 92% completion. Not bad. I rarely ever care for completion percents in medtroidvania/-ish games.

Last edited:

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
Is there a way to claim dlc for a game you don't own?
I think you can purchase the game, claim the DLC and then refund the game.

iirc I remember it working when I did it by mistake for a game, but I forget which one, also not sure if that would fall under exploiting the system.

edit: it was SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal, I refunded it back then because of a bug which basically made the VN section unreadable, but when I refunded I kept the freebies which I claimed.
When I repurchased it later I still had the freebies.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Will probably be done with my replay of Celeste tommorrow, finished the game at a time when it didn't support cheevos, so Im replaying it for some cheevos.

Next up on my backlog I will install Remnant, Ion Fury, A Short Hike and Far Lone Sails.

I usually have 3-6 "one and done" games installed at all times.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
He has been sitting 10 years on the IP, so far he has released:

-A new remaster inferior to the prior remaster
-A guest appearance in the remaster of a game everyone pretends to love but its quickly forgotten.
Was that guest appearance in Bulletstorm?

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I think someone else already posted about thjis and Im just blind but:

The Evil Within & The Evil Within 2 are both on sale now on GOG!

Just as an FYI if you plan on buying the Evil Within and all of it's DLC on GOG it's cheaper to buy the Game and the season pass than it is to buy the Complete edition

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder if all the old gears are playable in good conditions in xenia now.

Reactions: lashman

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I finally finished DOOM Eternal. Between Half-Life: Alyx and Bannerlord, I've been playing it a level or two a at a time. I played it on Nightmare. I felt that the difficulty peaked around level 3-5 due to the weapons and upgrades you get around then. Either that, or Half-Life: Alyx made me a lot better upon returning to it. Much like DOOM (2016) I didn't really care for a lot of the things around the core of the game, but that core combat is really good. The meat hook is so much fun to use, and really gets you moving around. I also appreciate the arena-focus to map design, as ultimately I think that's what new DOOM does best. And much like the last one, it's a real treat for high refresh displays.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm at the final stretch of Nier G now. I only have one quest left and to go against the final boss. So it should take me less than 10 hours I would imagine and then I can move on to finishing OG P5 for the sake of it.

I'm getting stuff done.

Status
Not open for further replies.