Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I still have not played any AC game.

The only two for which I ever got close to doing so were the very first one and Odyssey.
I believe I have finished AC3. I remember so little about it, though, that I can't tell for sure any more. If it wasn't for the Wikipedia page insisting it's a real game, I would assume everything about that it was just a vivid dream I had.

Reactions: yuraya and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Daikatana had a massively over-ambitious design for the era, a tortured development process with an engine change and it shows. Far too much work to cover level design, engine changes, animation, modelling and buddy A.I. for all those chapters. One level/map transition has you facing back towards the level you just came from so when it loads you have to turn around and then move forward or you go back to the map you just came from. The Co-Op mode doesn't show cutscenes, your stats reset sometimes when you load and i'm sure there was a bug that reset the difficulty on load/save or some map transition. It was a mess. Though i think there's a community patch that fixes a ton of issues in the game. Or am i imagining that?

Things were moving pretty fast at the time of it's development and by the time it made it out, it was already dated.

There was the potential for an average game to be found under all that but damn it's rough.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Fort Triumph was added to GOG Connect either earlier today or or late yesterday!

So if you own the game on Steam you can snag your correspondinly "free" copy of it on GOG here:

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
My heckin' work schedule and the resultant lack of sleep is killing me. Kinda why I haven't been so active lately.

Heck. I just blew all my free cash this weekend chasing Mordred copies in FGO lol.
(Np3 get, so yay!)

Hmm, maybe if a few things go really low I can still participate though.

「Echo」

:h02excite:
Nice comparison you did there.

Gotta get this off my chest though. FUCK CATERING TO NEW AUTOMATA FANS.

Fuck off. As someone who has been with Taro since DoD1, just fuck off.

As a weirdo who liked NieR1 more than Automata, the jankass combat was half the fun. These people who showed up en masse for 2booty but couldn't give a shit less beforehand really piss me off, and now we're catering to them? :face-with-cold-sweat:

Don't get me wrong. I still loved Automata myself but...

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
As a person who never played any of the older Taro games, sorry for your loss, I guess?
I quite enjoyed Automata. Very much liked it and the combat was a large part, I'd say. Janky combat isn't for everyone. That's just the way of the industry.

I love some of the old X-COM games with insanely janky turn based combat that will kill you from off screen rockets at the start of a mission, gg no autosaves. The new X-COMs are a walk in the park compared with all the bullshit you used to have to endure (AND I LIKED THAT BULLSHIT SOMETIMES). Oops, did you forget to buy bullets of the correct type for your agent with the sniper rifle? Oh good you remembered, but you didn't equip the bullets? Sorry. LOL. I can't be mad that they ironed out crap like that when they reinvented the game. Even though I enjoyed the extra realism of ammo counts and different bullets for each gun.

Even RPG series that I love end up changing their janky systems over time. D&D has done this repeatedly (witth varying success). 2nd Edition (of Baldur's Gate 1&2 Fame) became 3rd, which became 4th (and was despised by many, but loved by some), and that is now 5th (which BG3 is based on). Things change. You can't get worked up over it or you'll go insane.

The old systems are still there for people that hate new D&D, just like the old Nier games are there for people who like them. If they want to release a remaster or whatever, that's fine. Hey even Square Enix does a good job sometimes. Lots of people like the combat in that FF7 remaster and I was pretty sure it was going to be a disaster after seeing FFXV's janky combat.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and ISee

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I finished Uncharted 1. It took me about 2 days to finish the game (I can't believe that I was able to finish a game in just two days!!!!!! I forget when was the last time I did anything like that).

The game did have some issues but also had some nice moments

Overall I give Uncharted 1 a 8/10.

As a comparison I give Nier G a 9/10.

Nier G does have some issues so sadly not a 10/10

There was some charm to the Uncharted characters but I didn't really care about them nearly as much as say with Nier G.

I'm sure that things will pick up but the characters in Uncharted 1 did feel more on the bland side of things.

I did want to learn more about each game, since I was confused. With Nier G I wanted to learn more about the characters and their outcomes. Where in Uncharted I would like to know more about a characters background and what their connection is to Nate.

Pacing in Uncharted 1 was sort of weird especially in the later parts of the game (it feels like there is some disconnection with how it jumps from one scene to another)

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I finished Uncharted 1. It took me about 2 days to finish the game (I can't believe that I was able to finish a game in just two days!!!!!! I forget when was the last time I did anything like that).

The game did have some issues but also had some nice moments

Overall I give Uncharted 1 a 8/10.
Are you going to play UC2 next? It is also short (honestly all the UC games are short, UC4 being the longest, I think).

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Are you going to play UC2 next? It is also short (honestly all the UC games are short, UC4 being the longest, I think).
Ya I'm going to start playing Uncharted 2 tommorow.

And looking it up the other ones also seem to be about the same length. So I should be able to finish them all up in a week. My copy of Uncharted 4 should arrive by the end of May. So this should give me some time to play something between the Uncharted games.

Also when I was playing Uncharted I kept thinking about CSGO and how I could get better accuracy and all of this other stuff as well with an AK-47.

Reactions: QFNS

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I noticed that I still have some cards left to be dropped on some games that I have played a long time ago. So I thought I should try if the card drop glitch still works. To my surprise it still does. I got 12 cars that took a few minutes.
I didn't use Idle Master or any idler. Although I did use the very old python version of jshackles Idle Master and forced so that certain games to idle. Directly after starting the idler I closed it and got a card
This method seems only work one card per game as I cannot get more than one card drop per game. I will try again tomorrow on games that I got a card today to see if it's only one card per game per day

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
There is no such thing as a good Uncharted game, don't @ me

I always thought that when playing any of Yoko Taro's game, a healthy dose of jank is to be expected. :dana_blanket:
We want cavia back!

My heckin' work schedule and the resultant lack of sleep is killing me. Kinda why I haven't been so active lately.

Heck. I just blew all my free cash this weekend chasing Mordred copies in FGO lol.
(Np3 get, so yay!)

Hmm, maybe if a few things go really low I can still participate though.

Nice comparison you did there.

Gotta get this off my chest though. FUCK CATERING TO NEW AUTOMATA FANS.

Fuck off. As someone who has been with Taro since DoD1, just fuck off.

As a weirdo who liked NieR1 more than Automata, the jankass combat was half the fun. These people who showed up en masse for 2booty but couldn't give a shit less beforehand really piss me off, and now we're catering to them? :face-with-cold-sweat:

Don't get me wrong. I still loved Automata myself but...
As Long as the non-combat gamrplay is in tact :H02shrug:

To be honest, i am really hoping they won't fix the fishing minigame, it's far too iconic at this point,

Reactions: lashman and PC-tan

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm currently 25 hours in Kingdom Come Deliverance, and I'm enjoying most of it. Accepting that you suck at everything in the first few hours of the game is mandatory to appreciate what the devs are trying to do. I still don't master the combat tho, it's really hard compared to other games.

Reactions: LEANIJA and ISee

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I have no idea of what to play next now that I'm done with Daemon x Machina :confounded-face:

Reactions: Li Kao

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Tempted to subscribe gamepass because of SoR4. I'm just not into this subscription thing, I'm an old dude who likes to own his games. I don't think I can afford it right now though so gamepass might have to do it.

Reactions: Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Uncharted 1 is the weakest uc game
Doesnt help that its overall gameplay flow is trite
What's Trite?

Also I think that I will pick up that one other Uncharted game that you mentioned at some point once I finish all of the other ones.

There is no such thing as a good Uncharted game, don't @ me

We want cavia back!

As Long as the non-combat gamrplay is in tact :H02shrug:

To be honest, i am really hoping they won't fix the fishing minigame, it's far too iconic at this point,
To this day I have no idea how fishing works. And yet I was able to finish all of the fishing quest in the game. So that was a lot harder compared to just pressing B and being done with it

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Downloading Streets of Rage 4 on PC game pass. It's my first beat em up since playing Scott Pilgrim a few years ago.

Deleted member 113

I'm getting some really annoying problems with Steam purchases recently.

With Paypal purchases, it's not the first that gets "stuck" on the last screen, with the purchase remaining "pending" (despite the transaction authorization from Paypal), which results in me having to cancel that pending order after a few hours, and having to purchase it again.

But now, almost all, if not all, of the purchase I've made in the past 2 days or so get "stuck" on the last screen indefinitely, despite the purchase being apparently successful (since I see my wallet funds decreasing, the game is added to my library, and I receive a confirmation email).
I don't get the "thank you for your purchase" screen. :expressionless-face:

The add to cart button is missing from the Street of Rage 4 Steam page. :dana_think:
Yeah, same here.
One more problem with the steam store recently. :(

Something tells me one of their recent updates broke something, because things have been very unstable.
And no, I'm not using any of the betas in the client.

Reactions: lashman and Kvik
Status
Not open for further replies.