Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

How're the Psikyo ports? As good as switch? No audio or lag/performance issues?
I'm yet to try STRIKERS 1945, but comments on shmup channels say that the performance is good.
The input lag from the Switch version isn't there.

I've seen someone somewhere complaining that the game is missing input lag from the arcade machine, as in, it's more responsive compared to original hardware. :unsure:

As for their other ports (Psyvariar Delta, and Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special), they are great.

Grabbed SOR4 from Humble with the code FunktionJCB so generously gifted me, Great price.
Can't wait to play it.
:cat-heart-blob:
Enjoy! :highfiveblob:

Resident Evil 6 should approached differently from prior RE games.
Recall you have 1 primary button for attacks and it is affected on whether you are running or standing still. It isn't just shooting, you have your wrestling moves too.

EDIT: Case in point
Shooting is for wimps. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
It's merely there for you to "stun" the enemies, so you can pull martial arts and wrestling moves. :thumbsupblob:

Reactions: Dragon1893

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I'm aware that it's based off data. And I don't recall even seeing this banner. Maybe it was just up for one day only?

What I was trying to say is even though it's based off data, someone still has to set it up. Because I doubt that Valve would like for Hentai VN to sell 5 million copies in a span of 2 days and automatically get put up on the banner. So I would imagine that someone still has to approve of it at the end of the day and get a banner made. Sometimes there will be multiple banners in a day (which is sort of weird and that part I am not sure how that works) because there have been cases when a publisher sale happens from say Bethesda and then one day there is a banner for some new game that just released and then after that day the rest of the week is still that Bethesda publisher sale banner.
first the easy part, no, Gears banner was up for 48 hours ^^

Now the second and most extensive part, how this works.

Yes, last word is up to Valve always when it comes to what gets a banner and what doesn't and yes, it's all based on data that will tell if such banner is worthy or not (take in mind that the banner means something, a lot of eye holding from users, it's a bit complex cause' it's marketing and user design) and that might be inconvenient if you want to make parity between different sales, today for example with the Golden Week you must create an equilibrium between that sale and Assassins Creed sale/Tinybuild sale.

Who makes the banners? it's a mix of Valve and the developer/publisher, so that also influences in the decision, some pubs/devs won't make the banner for different reasons and because of that they won't get one (weird but true) but when it comes to Valve they usually play with them in order to test different formats, for example, Besiege dev and Valve tested for the first time a combined PNG +WEBM.

It's a bit complex and I haven't been able to really dig into how this works entirely (although I will try to make A CONTROL BANNER official :triggerblob:) so if I get such information, I will share it.

Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Who? Where? How? :unsure:

Which games would you like to try?
I already knew about inti quality with Curse of the Moon. Then I have Blaster Master switch literally at arm‘s reach near the bed. That leaves Gunvolt and DMFD. I could see Gunvolt 2 go PC as they just released Striker PS4, so I think that leaves me with DM. I may have to buy it sooner than I thought.
Gunvolt 1 will maybe one day be obsolete but it’s on sale too.

Which game ? Oh, the usual, every game :dizzy-face::dizzy-face::dizzy-face:
I thought I was out, they Funktion pulled me back in !

Deleted member 113

I already knew about inti quality with Curse of the Moon. Then I have Blaster Master switch literally at arm‘s reach near the bed. That leaves Gunvolt and DMFD. I could see Gunvolt 2 go PC as they just released Striker PS4, so I think that leaves me with DM. I may have to buy it sooner than I thought.
Gunvolt 1 will maybe one day be obsolete but it’s on sale too.

Which game ? Oh, the usual, every game :dizzy-face::dizzy-face::dizzy-face:
I thought I was out, they Funktion pulled me back in !
Do you own any (on PC, or Switch)?

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Do you own any (on PC, or Switch)?
You know I have no shame, I can’t answer that :anguished-face:
But just for the sake of clarity, I own Blaster Master and Curse of the Moon on Switch. The other ones are all potential purchases on PC or Switch, with DMFD on PC only because Meta Co-op.

Streets 4 looks good btw. Tried it on GamePass and I’m tempted by the Humble discount.
Backgrounds look ridiculously good, some music are great, the little special move risk/reward is cool. I’m more torn about the characters, most of them look good but some like the big round guys and maybe the whip lady have far too simplified artstyle imho. A little like the impression you get when you use some of the more aggressive shaders in emulation.
And skill progress is real, I got destroyed in chapter 2 on a new enemy type. Understood my error, retried and it was smooth.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

You know I have no shame, I can’t answer that :anguished-face:
But just for the sake of clarity, I own Blaster Master and Curse of the Moon on Switch. The other ones are all potential purchases on PC or Switch, with DMFD on PC only because Meta Co-op.
I guess you're about to get your first experience with the Gunvolt series. ;)

---

And now, I'm off to beat the shit out of punks, with my Bare Knuckle, in those raging Streets of... Rage. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Did something happen to the best seller list? Streets 4 and Gears Tactics dissapeared from it.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I guess you're about to get your first experience with the Gunvolt series. ;)

---

And now, I'm off to beat the shit out of punks, with my Bare Knuckle, in those raging Streets of... Rage. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Anecdote time !
I’m in bed discussing with you people, then all of a sudden I hear a voice coming from the living room : ’hey, do you know a Funktion ?’
:anguished-face:

:photoblobheart::photoblobheart::photoblobheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.