Community MetaSteam | April 2023 - We destroy chaos from a galaxy far far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I only cared about the activision being bought thing because acctivision doesn't remember that they have an enormous catalogue of games they could draw from to make new iterations from or do remakes or whatever but they have like 12-15 studios working on COD instead

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Good decision by the CMA. Microsoft should just drop the deal and invest in their studios instead.

So that maybe we don't have 2012-class assets in a AAA racing game.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
LMAO, I'm literally in the last 20-25 minutes of the game, I closed cause' I had something to do and now I get an update hahahaha

We will see how it behaves, so far I have done the shader compiler and it worked way faster and better, so, fingers crossed.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
LMAO, I'm literally in the last 20-25 minutes of the game, I closed cause' I had something to do and now I get an update hahahaha

We will see how it behaves, so far I have done the shader compiler and it worked way faster and better, so, fingers crossed.
I finished the game a few days ago lol. Hopefully the CPU/GPU optimization actually makes a difference and I can play Left Behind with an unlocked framerate at reasonable temps.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looks like the UK CMA have blocked Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision-Blizzard.

Pretty shocking, actually. I thought it would go through.

While I’m against consolidation, ActiBlizz is looking to sell. Who else can possibly buy them?
They will probably just merge with another big publisher if this falls through. Similar to what WWE/UFC just did.

Microsoft is gonna go ham with that 69 billion if they can't get this deal. I expect them to gobble up so many smaller devs and gamepass deals. They will overpay for a dozen studios lol. There has probably been so many off the record deals made this past year but MS could never go through with them since they were awaiting the decision for this big one.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I feel like an idiot. I hate using R3 to run but I've been doing it all this time in TW3 because the game doesn't let you customize the controls on the gamepad.
A few days ago I was checking the options to see if I was missing something and there's a fucking option buried in there to toggle run on R3 off or on. When you turn it off you run with A though the game doesn't tell you this when you change it. Can't believe I only saw this now.

Also, the music in this game is just incredible, especially in Skellige.

The Witcher armor sets are so badass and look better and better as you upgrade them.

Despite the jank, replaying it has confirmed it as one of my favorite games of all time.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Seems kinda weird to block the deal on that basis of cloud concerns, but whatever. I doubt the CMA knows something the rest of the industry doesn't regarding the cloud environment, currently minuscule and like a decade away from being viable.

I guess this just further solidifies Sony's position on consoles, because god knows Microsoft can't get a win lately lol.

Let's all praise Gaben for Steam I guess.

Reactions: yuraya and Cacher

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Seems kinda weird to block the deal on that basis of cloud concerns, but whatever. I doubt the CMA knows something the rest of the industry doesn't regarding the cloud environment, currently minuscule and like a decade away from being viable.

I guess this just further solidifies Sony's position on consoles, because god knows Microsoft can't get a win lately lol.

Let's all praise Gaben for Steam I guess.
Sounds like the regulators are out of touch. They fear that MS will take COD and turn it into some cloud juggernaut killing off competition. Any talk of cloud gaming always comes with stupid discussions and fear mongering so its not surprising.

And yea Xbox is backed into a corner now. Looking at their earnings it looks like Gamepass is the only thing that makes them money in the console space. They are bleeding everywhere else and have supply issues for whatever reason. That is why I think they go on spending spree if this deal falls apart. I could see them snag up devs like Remedy and Larian. Look for them to throw $$$ at Kojima too. Just about any available indie and private developer that released a successful game in recent years will be offered money because for them its all about Gamepass now. If they don't push for more content and more subscribers they will get smoked by Sony/Nintendo over the next decade.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Sounds like the regulators are out of touch. They fear that MS will take COD and turn it into some cloud juggernaut killing off competition. Any talk of cloud gaming always comes with stupid discussions and fear mongering so its not surprising.

And yea Xbox is backed into a corner now. Looking at their earnings it looks like Gamepass is the only thing that makes them money in the console space. They are bleeding everywhere else and have supply issues for whatever reason. That is why I think they go on spending spree if this deal falls apart. I could see them snag up devs like Remedy and Larian. Look for them to throw $$$ at Kojima too. Just about any available indie and private developer that released a successful game in recent years will be offered money because for them its all about Gamepass now. If they don't push for more content and more subscribers they will get smoked by Sony/Nintendo over the next decade.
Microsoft and Remedy left the room in bad terms after Quantum Break.
I can easily see them joining Playstation Studios if a Bungie-like deal is offered.
Microsoft had their chance with Remedy. They blew it.

The current climate validated Microsoft's decision to look beyond the plastic box model. In the strict console space they have zero chance of being competitive even with "true" exclusives.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Microsoft and Remedy left the room in bad terms after Quantum Break.
I can easily see them joining Playstation Studios if a Bungie-like deal is offered.
Microsoft had their chance with Remedy. They blew it.

The current climate validated Microsoft's decision to look beyond the plastic box model. In the strict console space they have zero chance of being competitive even with "true" exclusives.
Remedy had their chance with Remedy and they blew it with every exclusive deal with yet another partner for yet another groundbreaking game that fell short because their fans were splintered on different platforms.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
That’s it, going forward, no triple a games till either a year of heavy patching or a deep discount. If the publishers can’t be bothered to put out a working game on launch day, regardless of how soon patches are released, I can’t be bothered giving them money.

it’s not as if there aren’t plenty of indie games out there and my own backlog to clear either.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The saddest thing about a bad port of an AAA game releasing is that they are charging 70$ for it.

Price of games increase and you would think this would lead to better quality assurance. But yea right lul. Its pathetic to see this shit.

Valve needs to change refund system for 70$ games. Make it like 4hrs and 28days. Put pressure on publishers to do better and justify price increases.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Travel stutter shitshow again. Didn't they learn anything from the first one... :poop:

Well, got the first one free from Amazon Prime. perhaps this second one will be there too.

• Toucan
Reactions: QFNS and lashman

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I would at least change lazy devs to tight fisted publishers. While not wholly blameless I tend to view it more publishers dictating release dates.

now that these are known issues though, you would hope devs are now trying to mitigate these issues. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.