Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
My PC:
13700K (stock settings, undervolted)
32GB DDR4 4000MHz
RTX 3070 (overclocked 7800MHz Memory, 2100MHz Clock, +50% Voltage)
NVME SSD Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

Settings maxed out, RT on, 1440p, FSR on Balanced.

Tutorial mission crashed 2 times but other than that it was above 60FPS 95% of the time. First planet above 60FPS until i hit town. Strangest thing is that even though my GPU gets around 85% of usage my clocks speed can be 1400MHz and power draw can reach 90w (full power is around 270W) and still keep game at locked 60FPS. Basically until i reached town on Koboh i had fine experience with annoying stutter now and then and for some reason tearing even though i have FreeSync display.

But damn game is so good.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
When I looked at the Steam page last night before bed Jedi Survivor was 100% negative reviews. Been a while since I've seen that.

I know the game itself will be fun but just going to wait a few months for patches and sales it seems like. Turning it into an unofficial August launch? :rolleyes:

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
My PC:
13700K (stock settings, undervolted)
32GB DDR4 4000MHz
RTX 3070 (overclocked 7800MHz Memory, 2100MHz Clock, +50% Voltage)
NVME SSD Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

Settings maxed out, RT on, 1440p, FSR on Balanced.

Tutorial mission crashed 2 times but other than that it was above 60FPS 95% of the time. First planet above 60FPS until i hit town. Strangest thing is that even though my GPU gets around 85% of usage my clocks speed can be 1400MHz and power draw can reach 90w (full power is around 270W) and still keep game at locked 60FPS. Basically until i reached town on Koboh i had fine experience with annoying stutter now and then and for some reason tearing even though i have FreeSync display.

But damn game is so good.

Is your monitor vertical? Whats with those screenshots?

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
My head spins when watching the gameplay footage on the store page. And I don't usually get dizziness from FPS. o_O
I don't have vertigo, but just watching the trailer gives me so much anxiety I don't think I'd last ten minutes.
I think it's cool that there's all those cool platforming games around, but I also hate how much they stress me out :cold-sweat:
I get what you both mean but I just had the most sinister grin reading these posts 😁 :evilblob:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That Armored Core gameplay trailer is so good. Everything is so chaotic and looks like several incredible boss fights.

Still crazy to me that we are getting AC6, BG3 and Starfield in a span of like 13 days lol. I am just gonna put off BG3 until the end of the year. Do AC6 for a couple weeks and straight into Starfield after that. Wouldn't surprise me if one of the three get delayed. Hopefully not. BG3 is at risk of suffering saleswise tho so they should consider moving out of the way with an earlier release or something. This kind of reminds of that one year when Battlefield, Titanfall 2 and COD all came out in a small window. And Titanfall 2 got squeezed hard in the middle and basically flopped as a result. Its good that BG3 made some money in early access so they kind of reduce the risk that way.

But yea second half of the year is shaping up to be pricey but it looks like the quality will be there. I haven't played the early access of BG3 but from what I read people really love it. And no point in doubting FromSoft. You know they will deliver. Starfield is the one that may not be beloved by critics but honestly it doesn't matter because the game is such a unique passion project. Bethesda fans will love it and get lost in it for years no matter what critics say. And modders will make sure you never uninstall that game.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

Oh noes. The Lorn's Lure dev is gonna be so bummed.

He's been working on his title for years.

I fell in love with the demo ages ago.
To be honest, I don't think Lorn's Lure is quite the same, Beton Brutal is very... "by the books" in a way, in line with those Minecraft maps that are oh-so-popular, while Lorn's Lure gives you significantly better tools, you can climb and avoid mistakes quite easily in the demo, so the feeling was quite different.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
This seems to be the standard practice in shitty AAA ports. Release the game, release a note apologising and saying that a "Subset" of players are having difficulty fuck off with this subset bullshit, pricks. Promise game will be patched up in the coming weeks and months.

How about giving us a working game before asking for £70 you greedy bastards.

Frankly you all just like a bunch of conmen now performing a bait and switch. If it wasn’t for the fact that there are so many people employed in this industry, I would actually be hoping for another market crash.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Me and all my brothers bought Darktide and we're all still waiting for it to be up to par... It's like not bad? It's not great. It's alright.

It's just kind of stupid it needed way more time. They had all of the knowledge of what not to do and what people liked/didnt like with Vermintide 2 and then threw it in the trash with Darktide and just went with a bunch of new random shit

So dumb.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
This seems to be the standard practice in shitty AAA ports. Release the game, release a note apologising and saying that a "Subset" of players are having difficulty fuck off with this subset bullshit, pricks. Promise game will be patched up in the coming weeks and months.
I remember back in the day (like 10+ years ago) when Rock Paper Shotgun championed the motto "Never preorder a digital game, wait for the reviews to see how it performs" and people became livid.
How dare they suggest you shouldn't preorder games?

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It is sad that Jedi has performance issues because it's genuinely great game. Everything is one or more steps above first game. And you can feel that from the first minute. Characters, environments, exploration, music, general vibe is awesome. This is first game in a long while that made me happy and excited to play game on this level.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Some Steam Deck news. You can now buy Steam Deck at a physical store in Japan. It seems that for Golden Week they will have a demo unit and also a fancy display (which I'm guessing they may remove after Golden Week? One of the weird things about the Steam Deck is how it is sold in stores. I have not checked out what Acer does in China (in China Acer sells Steam Decks in their Predator branded stores) , but in Japan when you buy a Steam deck you are just given the Steam Deck inside of its carrying case and that's it. You don't seem to get the brown box. I feel like may be an issue if you were to sell this in US stores.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
More from Gamers Nexus about the AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs:

We have been able to reproduce a catastrophic failure resulting in the motherboard self-immolating while we were running external current logging, thermography, and direct VSOC leads to a DMM. The issue involves incompetence on many levels. Video script being finalized now.
This video has taken us all week to do. We stepped off a plane from AMD HQ (unrelated, but convenient timing) on Tuesday and immediately set to work. It has been a time-consuming, expensive, physically exhausting process and we've loved every minute of it. The team is thrilled to have a real result and successful root-cause analysis that goes layers beyond "it's SOC voltage," because it's not that simple. We appreciate your support in viewing the video when it launches, because that's the real reward for our tired team. Keep an eye out and share it wide.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So this is my last rant on the subject, then I will go back to playing games. I apologise for sounding like a broken record, the following is a retread of my previous rants.

The state of the AAA market at this moment in time is an absolute disgrace. It was bad enough that they started to demand £60+ for games but the fact that they are pushing out crappy ports (and they must know it otherwise they publishers are incompetant as well as greedy) for that ridiculous price just adds insult to injury.

But then to have the cheek to put out a faux apology with veiled attempts at blaming your paying customers for having such esoteric configurations as windows 10 with cutting edge hardware (fuck off you ignorant and tone deaf pricks). And let's not forget that this is a cut and paste off the previous apology tweets/messages dating back to cyberpunk and even Arkham Knight. Oh an dreleasing the apologu at the end of play on a Friday when you know you don't have to deal with it over the weekend is a bastard movie as well.

We shouldn't be praising Dying Light 2, Resident Evil4 or Atomic Heart for actually working on release. This is a bare minimum as far as I am concerned.

I am going to add, certain elements of the gaming press are not helping in this matter. Giving glowing reviews to Jedi Survivor despite having problems across all platforms. Afraid they will be cut off from the early access to review code (and no I am not going all Gamers Gate here, I still think long form reviews are important to all games, they just need to cover all bases).

So, unless I hear the game is working as it should, I am treating AAA gaming like games on the EGS store. In a years time I will see if I am still interested. Then, if the game is at a decent price and working, I will consider buying your game. Instead I will be looking to the mid tier markets and indie gaming. For example I am considering:-

From some of the reviews it might even put some of the more recent Pokemon remakes to shame.

Or have a look at:-

or

hell, I think all 3 of them even have demos so you can see how they are before hand.

Anyway that is enough ranting from me. I think I may actually go and grab Cassette Beasts.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Some Steam Deck news. You can now buy Steam Deck at a physical store in Japan. It seems that for Golden Week they will have a demo unit and also a fancy display (which I'm guessing they may remove after Golden Week? One of the weird things about the Steam Deck is how it is sold in stores. I have not checked out what Acer does in China (in China Acer sells Steam Decks in their Predator branded stores) , but in Japan when you buy a Steam deck you are just given the Steam Deck inside of its carrying case and that's it. You don't seem to get the brown box. I feel like may be an issue if you were to sell this in US stores.
Western retail rules are a bit different too and they ask for specific supply unit numbers to close a deal, it might be more difficult than just the "here the carrying case" thing

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
You probably still get a charger, and a bill and things, so you can return it in case of issues with warranty and so on. Avoiding packaging is not the worst thing, honestly. If the store is close enough to you that you can just carry it to the store in case of problems, then there's no need to keep the packaging anyway.

This seems like some extra work on part of the retailers, since Valve will still be shipping everything around the world inside the brown boxes. I would guess the bigger problem is finding a retailer that is willing to offer Steam Decks at the same price, since that would mean Valve in turn would have to accept a cut in its margins. Perhaps we'd only see the more expensive SKUs in stores, and have the 399 model remain a store exclusive.

Reactions: lashman

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
So this is my last rant on the subject, then I will go back to playing games. I apologise for sounding like a broken record, the following is a retread of my previous rants.

The state of the AAA market at this moment in time is an absolute disgrace. It was bad enough that they started to demand £60+ for games but the fact that they are pushing out crappy ports (and they must know it otherwise they publishers are incompetant as well as greedy) for that ridiculous price just adds insult to injury.

But then to have the cheek to put out a faux apology with veiled attempts at blaming your paying customers for having such esoteric configurations as windows 10 with cutting edge hardware (fuck off you ignorant and tone deaf pricks). And let's not forget that this is a cut and paste off the previous apology tweets/messages dating back to cyberpunk and even Arkham Knight. Oh an dreleasing the apologu at the end of play on a Friday when you know you don't have to deal with it over the weekend is a bastard movie as well.

We shouldn't be praising Dying Light 2, Resident Evil4 or Atomic Heart for actually working on release. This is a bare minimum as far as I am concerned.
Because companies love money more than their customers, the only way it stops is for more people to not actually buy the game at launch or at the very least refund the damn thing. However, gamers are a forgiving and forgetful bunch and many will let themselves get burnt over and over.

Some gamers also still act like we should be grateful when a PC game or port is released no matter the quality and buy it on gratefulness that it exists grounds.

I wonder sometimes if this is a problem only related to the game industry.

Genuinely asking because I don't know but If a band releases a turd of an album do music lovers go around saying "well at least they made something! even if it was awful and allowed us the opportunity to buy it"? "Better suck it up as they might do better next time."

Also, fuck their apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.