Community MetaSteam | April 2023 - We destroy chaos from a galaxy far far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It looks really good. Interesting for it to be labeled as Singleplayer along with OnlinePVP/Co-op considering the premise of the game. And considering the publisher so I wonder how it will work.
probably similar to Arma, if i were to take a guess :p

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
probably similar to Arma, if i were to take a guess :p
The premise reads like some never ending continuous planetside game with always online, GaaS etc.

Maybe the community will do custom servers to provide an experience like that eventually. And doing your own singleplayer thing on the side sounds like fun.

Reactions: xinek and lashman

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Have any of you fine folks recently bought a Elite v2 controller? The one I bought exactly 12 months ago started to fail roughly 3 months ago. I got a replacement for free (boy, what a waste of electronics) and I was wondering if I should also expect it to fail in a few months...
I bought a custom one some months ago.. How does it start to fail?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No discount, but standard price is also not bad, but have some other games to play through, so it gotta wait a bit.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Greenmangaming has a 20% discount for both standard and deluxe editions:

Unrelated, ordered the Ryzen 7800X3D, but it won't arrive until the 3rd week of April (likely monday 17th).
I'll still be in vacation then, so if it arrives on the expected time, I'll still have a full week to build the PC and install everything.

• Gib
Reactions: ExistentialThought

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm really tempted to buy an headset to play TTRPG online, people !

I need to find a good one with contained pricing, though, hmm...
Epos H3 or HyperX Cloud Alpha... maybe... feel free to suggest.

Reactions: lashman

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Oh look next gen only game that doesn't have insane 32GB of RAM and 16GB of VRAM requirements

I wouldn't put too much stock on those reqs tbh. Seem very generic 4C/8T - 8GB Vram reqs. Bot min and recommended are 8GB vram, yet no target resolution is ever mentioned.

Like, call me crazy but I don't think a PC with a Ryzen 1400, a 580 and 8GB ram will run this well at all.

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: QFNS and Stevey

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I bought a custom one some months ago.. How does it start to fail?
There are many ways in which it can fail.

In my particular case, the A button would only register if the weight of my thumb was perfectly centered. I tried to play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and usually you keep the base of your thumb on the A button and then you shift it around to reach the other buttons... well, my skater would ollie every two seconds because the controller thought I had lifted my thumb... which was obviously not the case.

The other problem was with my two RB and LB buttons: sometimes they wouldn't register and sometimes they would register twice...

For some games this is basically unusable.

And keep in mind that I handle my peripherals with extreme care, that I always put it back in the carry case and that I'm a casual gamepad user (2-3 hours per week AT MOST... I mostly use keyboard and mouse).

Reactions: C-Dub

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
BSG probably has the most interesting cast of characters in a sci fi series... but I never cared about anything that was happening plot wise.

I kinda wished I liked it more because Starbuck, Gaius, Adama, #6, are just incredible. But yeah, I still get bored of it.

• Disapproval
  • This!
Reactions: undu and Stevey

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
There are many ways in which it can fail.

In my particular case, the A button would only register if the weight of my thumb was perfectly centered. I tried to play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and usually you keep the base of your thumb on the A button and then you shift it around to reach the other buttons... well, my skater would ollie every two seconds because the controller thought I had lifted my thumb... which was obviously not the case.

The other problem was with my two RB and LB buttons: sometimes they wouldn't register and sometimes they would register twice...

For some games this is basically unusable.

And keep in mind that I handle my peripherals with extreme care, that I always put it back in the carry case and that I'm a casual gamepad user (2-3 hours per week AT MOST... I mostly use keyboard and mouse).
That doesn't sound too good. I knew the old ones were bad but I kinda thought they fixed them. My old XBO controller I got when they first launched the receiver still holds up after all abuse I've conditioned it to. It's only the shitty micro-usb connector thats a bit wonky and I had to buy some new membrane for the button (ripped at the A button, works fine now). I was actually going to buy another custom controller as an extra but I'm gonna hold off on that now, haha.. :(

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's amazing, just sad that they never finished it after the excellent three seasons.
I think they are few shows that disappointed me harder with their ending than BSG. Like sure, there's a decline in quality, but god damn did that ending completely ruin everything else. Characters acting completely irrationally, the introduction of literal magic and angels (?) and just resolving everything by giving up everything they fought to preserve for literally years before.

Reactions: QFNS

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
BSG is up there with Game of Thrones for shittiest endings souring a previously magnificent series, from the hardest sci fi to a literal "deus ex machina did it" :loudly-crying-face:

So, Everspace 2. If I try to use my flight stick in combination with my keyboard (for lack of a nice throttle with enough inputs to go hotas) the framerate crawls to 1-2 or less and (or because?) the gui constantly shifts from showing the dinput device button mappings to showing the keyboard mappings.

Will clearling all inputs and assigning each only to the device I want to use without alternate mappings for other devices fix this or it's hard coded to only utilize one device type at a time in this way so it will be a waste of time to go and clear the rest of the mappings (if it will even let me play without filling them)?

It's a pretty big issue regardless, I thought the game just ran this badly in motion on my PC when I was pressing W to thrust and at the same time had the stick tilted to turn and what not, lol. All cockpit games of this sort need to be able to accept more than 1 controller at once without issue. At least in the presets I didn't see anything about having both stick and keyboard, it was only that, or keyboard and mouse, or gamepad in the presets.

Edit: so in customize controls, input method override, you can select joystick + keyboard and that works. I've fiddled with the controls a bit but I don't think it's very flight stick friendly, I can't aim for shit. I guess it's mostly meant for mouse use like Freelancer with the floating cursor and everything. I'll keep trying/test a gamepad but I guess it's a cursor chasing game like Freelancer first and foremost. Sucks, I was hoping for something like Elite in terms of combat and controls.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Does any one here have experience renting a storage place? I am interested in doing that but I just don't know all the details. Typical do they lock you in to a contract and stuff like that? I mainly plan to just store boxes of my figures and stuff like that. So it would just be "empty" boxes that I would be storing. Are there any signs that I should worry about? Indoor vs outdoor (being able to drive up to the storage unit?) I'm very likely going to just keep the boxes as is and I won't be putting them inside of a bin. Should I buy a tarp or something to cover the boxes just in case it leaks water and stuff? And I'm guessing I wouldn't have to worry about rats and stuff eating the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.