Community MetaSteam | April 2023 - We destroy chaos from a galaxy far far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So its been over 2 years now since Kingdom Hearts came out on EGS and still no Steam release.

I can't believe Square sacrificed these games for some shitty moneyhat. They decide to this right when something like the Steam Deck came out too.

And looking at how insane the prices for these games are on EGS to this day.....

This is the type of stuff that makes me lose all respect for a company and never want to support them again in any way.

Fuck Square and fuck Sweeney.

Two trash companies deserve each other :cautious:
Could it be up to Disney? Like, Square needs their approval to get it released on additional platforms, but for some reason no one at Disney is responding to their emails? It sounds silly, but the additional factor of the IP (as it includes Disney properties) not belonging to Square might play a role.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Could it be up to Disney? Like, Square needs their approval to get it released on additional platforms, but for some reason no one at Disney is responding to their emails? It sounds silly, but the additional factor of the IP (as it includes Disney properties) not belonging to Square might play a role.
It's not impossible, the biggest difference between the other EGS Squeenix games that made it to Steam and Kingdom Hearts is Disney.

Reactions: MegaApple

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
they are just waiting until everyone forgets those games are on egs, so they can release them again at full price with no discounts :smart-thinking-blob:
To be fair, I do tend to forget most games are on the EGS. I forget they came out at all. It's a fucking marketing black hole. Kingdom Hearts is just a little too noteworthy lol.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Disney has a bunch of games on Steam I really doubt Disney has any hang ups with Kingdom Hearts being on Steam.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Why would you want the old version back if you get the DC version?
I've never heard of Steam restoring licenses after user-initiated deletion.

You're right about Step 1 and Step 2. I don't understand the reasoning for Step 3 however.
I mean 505 had to add another package, as it's not an upgrade, for this making the DC version non-redeemable if you own the original game in the first place.

Slightly better outcome then control...tho...sadly.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Bob Iger part of the "just another launcher" crowd confirmed.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
There is something wrong with me, I'm not even sure I want the monthly bundle for 4$ less. And it's not that I hate it, LiS 2 / Sir Brante / Monster Camp 2 are all on my wish list. It's just, meh, too many games, could buy other shit, didn't even play LiS 1 or Monster Camp 1.

:anguished-face:

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
This is one the lastest Disney games, and it's on Steam where it gets constant support

I doubt it's Disney thing.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I mean, I don't like DIsney as a company -- in some ways, I probably like them less than S-E -- but if you ask me who is more likely between them to make a dumb self-damaging decision on where and/or when to release games my answer is pretty clear :p

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
This is one the lastest Disney games, and it's on Steam where it gets constant support

I doubt it's Disney thing.
I also remember that or another of their latest game released on Steam first or barely got EGS mentioned in their marketing.

Both Square and Disney is fully onboard with Steam, but KH is being left out for whatever reason(s).

All the latest Square games have even been Steam exclusive on PC. Tommorrow Stranger of Paradise also finally comes to Steam and we are left with only KH.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
It is also possible KH has a sales goal as part of the agreement (i.e. Sold units or volume must be over X/$X to fulfill the agreement). Of course I would think any deal like that would still have a date criteria (i.e. sell X units or $X volume or X months have passed, whichever comes first).

I admittedly have little skin in the game, but I do hope folks get what they want and I would probably nab KH at some point, just not at the prices they have on PC.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
It is also possible KH has a sales goal as part of the agreement (i.e. Sold units or volume must be over X/$X to fulfill the agreement). Of course I would think any deal like that would still have a date criteria (i.e. sell X units or $X volume or X months have passed, whichever comes first).

I admittedly have little skin in the game, but I do hope folks get what they want and I would probably nab KH at some point, just not at the prices they have on PC.
That would mean KH is effectively a permanent exclusive. :crying-face:

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Have any of you fine folks recently bought a Elite v2 controller? The one I bought exactly 12 months ago started to fail roughly 3 months ago. I got a replacement for free (boy, what a waste of electronics) and I was wondering if I should also expect it to fail in a few months...

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I still think KH on Steam is now tied to the Kingdom Hearts 4 hype cycle.

S-E hasn’t forgotten it as they keep putting it on sale, but they’re also not even talking about it. So I think we’re just hanging on until KH4 marketing kicks into gear.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Have any of you fine folks recently bought a Elite v2 controller? The one I bought exactly 12 months ago started to fail roughly 3 months ago. I got a replacement for free (boy, what a waste of electronics) and I was wondering if I should also expect it to fail in a few months...
Xbox Elite controllers are a lottery, you should expect it to fail again.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Wall World is out. The demo was well received in one of the previous Steam Next Fest

Holy shit! I got accepted to the AI development and programming school! Seems I'm going back to school, just a few months ago I said I was done with school after getting my masters in photography.
Congrats!

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
As far as I’m aware, star button does not. But an update may have changed that. I don’t take screenshots so I haven’t tested it in a while.

As for changing the key caps, considering 8BitDo sell them, the process could’ve been easier. It’s not anywhere near as straightforward as changing the key caps as it is on the KingKong controller, but if you’ve opened up a small device before you shouldn’t have much difficulty.
Yeah I've opened up a few controllers and such (and even put them back together too! :grinning-face: ) so I should be good then.
:wd_warren:

Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
some facts:
  • The ruling is about FUT lootboxes from EA
  • the court case was against Sony, though. And it was ruled as gambling
  • It was a single person who won the case and Sony has to pay back 336,26€
  • There is no automatic ruling in Austria (or whatever the American court system calls it when one precedence case will be used in all cases thereafter), so any new person who sues a company about lootboxes will face the same long process as the initial person. (until the rule makers make lootboxes illegal country-wide)
This part is generally true in most European countries, there is no such thing as "case law". So each ruling must look at the individual case and does not in itself have the character of law. However, it does not mean that courts act completely arbitrarily, and I could see this case opening up Sony to tons more lawsuits.

No option to admit I robbed a store to steal the physical version? Nobody respects us old school criminals anymore :confounded-face:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Ngl with the Masters starting today I've been tempted several times to buy the new EA golf game.

Kind of disgusted in myself for even considering putting a 70$ game in my cart. And not just a 70$ game but a 70$ sports game that I won't even play that much. Its not a super demanding game either so it will probably be a blast on Deck.

Need to do my best to hold out and avoid fomo until the Masters ends on Sunday lol. Waiting for a good deal later in the year is the best route.

EA very smart to launch this as the tournament is starting :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.