Community MetaSteam | April 2024 - Definitely there's no rest for the wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
My heart sank when I saw it was published by bamco, their anime games are the cheapest and sometimes laziest shit out there and sure enough as I looked through the page I saw it only has JP voices. So typical of this worthless publisher.

Meanwhile eiyuden a niche ps1 style jrpg made by a tiny indie company has a dub. Disco elysium, one of the wordiest games ever, has full VA and dub. There's 0 excuse for bamco to be this fucking cheap.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
My heart sank when I saw it was published by bamco, their anime games are the cheapest and sometimes laziest shit out there and sure enough as I looked through the page I saw it only has JP voices. So typical of this worthless publisher.
This specific game seems even cheaper than the usual and a look at the page seems to confirm it since, outside of the SEA region languages, it only supports English, French and German, which is actually quite rare for Bamco. A good indicator of how much effort they're putting in this game, or on how much they expect it to sell
Even Gundam Breaker 4 is getting an english dub. Let that sink in

Reactions: Derrick01

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
So the fallout 4 next genupdate for PC was a giant waste of time and just broke shit.

It broke the Fallout 4 Script Extender for mods entirely until they fix it because they use an entire new compiler (Essentially like what happened to skyrim going to the anniversary edition)

Sooo Yep, even just looking at the patch notes for the update PC specific stuff is nonexistent. You can't even easily go back to the old version on steam through depots and the steam client by just grabbing the .exe because you actually need like 15+ other files that have all been changed as well so if you don't actually get all the files swapped out it gets borked.

Currently as of this posting the only one that is in the Old version is the GOG one, that is to say eventually I'm sure it will all get fixed by the fairly dedicated modding community but I'm sure bethesda will roll out some smaller patches etc as well so it's going to be complete shit for awhile until it gets calmed down.

Overall, i find it just kind of well fucking dumb. I read about it forever ago at this point and a "Next gen" update for Fallout 4 and essentially lost interest in playing my playthrough because well if they're going to upgrade everything why continue playing! Now i feel like an idiot.

• Toucan
  • Sad
Reactions: xinek and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I can't for the life of me understand if War Tales on GamePass includes the xpac. I suppose it's not the case, but the xpac isn't even on the store.
Christ, don't tell me because the console version of the DLC isn't available yet, it isn't available on the MS Store ?
That, or Shiro Games didn't care.

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am thinking about playing Ni No Kuni 2 on Deck and I was wondering if it is mandatory to play first game (or at least watch story summary)? I really can't play turn based games so I will never play first one but sequel looks kinda interesting but if it's pointless to play it without first game then I will skip it.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I am thinking about playing Ni No Kuni 2 on Deck and I was wondering if it is mandatory to play first game (or at least watch story summary)? I really can't play turn based games so I will never play first one but sequel looks kinda interesting but if it's pointless to play it without first game then I will skip it.
You can play it no problem, some references might not make sense but as far as I can remember, it's a good entry point.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So the fallout 4 next genupdate for PC was a giant waste of time and just broke shit.

It broke the Fallout 4 Script Extender for mods entirely until they fix it because they use an entire new compiler (Essentially like what happened to skyrim going to the anniversary edition)

Sooo Yep, even just looking at the patch notes for the update PC specific stuff is nonexistent. You can't even easily go back to the old version on steam through depots and the steam client by just grabbing the .exe because you actually need like 15+ other files that have all been changed as well so if you don't actually get all the files swapped out it gets borked.

Currently as of this posting the only one that is in the Old version is the GOG one, that is to say eventually I'm sure it will all get fixed by the fairly dedicated modding community but I'm sure bethesda will roll out some smaller patches etc as well so it's going to be complete shit for awhile until it gets calmed down.

Overall, i find it just kind of well fucking dumb. I read about it forever ago at this point and a "Next gen" update for Fallout 4 and essentially lost interest in playing my playthrough because well if they're going to upgrade everything why continue playing! Now i feel like an idiot.

• Shrug
Reactions: Cacher

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'd argue it might be better to play NnK2 before you play the first, the few lore links are a bit weird and honestly, smell a bit like a retcon.
Note that the first is not truuuuly turn based, it's more of a weird hybrid like Xenoblade and such. And as much as I like the world, I wouldn't recommend playing it, the combat is kinda miserable and the game is insanely repetitive... something shared with the second, but at least action combat expedites things.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
You can play it no problem, some references might not make sense but as far as I can remember, it's a good entry point.
I'd argue it might be better to play NnK2 before you play the first, the few lore links are a bit weird and honestly, smell a bit like a retcon.
Note that the first is not truuuuly turn based, it's more of a weird hybrid like Xenoblade and such. And as much as I like the world, I wouldn't recommend playing it, the combat is kinda miserable and the game is insanely repetitive... something shared with the second, but at least action combat expedites things.

Tnx. I will probably get it and try it at least :D

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Whooops. I thought I installed Fallout 4 last week, but I actually didn't. Now I can only install the current version that breaks all the mods. And it sounds like the update is still inferior to the old version + mods. Learn from my mistakes.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I just looked at the GOG Fallout 4 page, they even put this note on there:

Please note: With GOG GALAXY you can skip updates you dislike by either disabling the auto-update option (for your whole library or per game) or by using the Rollback Feature and choosing the game version that you want to have. If you're using Offline Installers, game updates are done manually and always up to you.
:toucan:

• Gib
Reactions: xinek

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
I started to watch the TV-series. And it's really good series. Does the game follow the same story as the TV-series?
The game does. Both the game, the movie and the anime adapt the original manga. The game and anime will also have a new story called FOREST LAND which is a sequel to the manga

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'm really surprised at how good Manor Lords looks like in third person. The cloth physics are really good, but it's the bucolic vistas that are just extremely nice, crazy for a bloody city builder.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Regarding Manor Lords, I find it odd that a game with, seemingly, such high graphical fidelity has so low recommended specs even my aging 8yo PC beats recommended...
Does the game really run well with such low specs?
I'm a bit tempted since I can get it from cdkeys for 19.5€...

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Steam is the only major platform where breakout hits consistently happen. That's not to say you can't have a successful game on consoles or GOG/EGS, but it's less likely. Meanwhile you'll read about a random indie game selling hundreds of thousands to millions of copies on Steam almost every week.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Steam is the only major platform where breakout hits consistently happen. That's not to say you can't have a successful game on consoles or GOG/EGS, but it's less likely. Meanwhile you'll read about a random indie game selling hundreds of thousands to millions of copies on Steam almost every week.
That's the issue with EGS/GOG. You can have a succesful launch on there, but for EGS there have been 4 maybe 5 succesful launches (probably being generous there as well). Yet this year alone I would say there have been more successes released this year alone on Steam (Palworld, Helldivers 2, Enshrouded, Deep Rock Galactic Survivors and now Manor Lords and there are probably more as well). I think what helps is the publicly available tools that steam offer. You have active player counts, user reviews, a top sellers list that can be broken out into regions. They all easily become tools to help advertise the games, either officially or via word of mouth.

This is why I never trust somebody who dismisses the features that steam offers. They may not use some of them (but they never seem to realise how many they actually do use as well) but developers and publishers definately do.

Status
Not open for further replies.