Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Mittens are dumb little fluffnutters.

Came home one Sunday morning, looking to relax for a rare 3 day summer weekend.

I open the garage door and out of the corner of my eye, I see what looks like a fox running to a tree.

It was my 13 year old orange and white cat!!!! He'd escaped due to my sister's interference!!! STRANGE FOX.

Now he's learned that when the garage door opens, he can pop out real fast like. Weirdest thing is that when challenged. he runs back inside.

In RL news; my home state NJ about to be fluffed hard by the weather. All sorts of wild shit going on. I expect to lose power for more than a day. AWESOME SAUCE. We're talking flooding, high winds, the highest potential for tornadoes in years and something called a 'stringer jet'. Yeah.... When I get power back I'm going to the local beer/convenience store and stocking up for a 'catch up' night this sat.

In gaming news; Control is still great, Jesse Faden is my digital character gaming crush of 2019 and the AWE needs to show up ASAP. Also, I need an external drive for my PS4. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lashman

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
So Super Bunnyhop put out a glowing review for Hunt: Showdown.

I hadn't paid any attention to this game, but it looks amazing. Anybody here play it? I'm tempted to try it out. I've been sinking a lot of time into Dead by Daylight lately, and this looks like it would be appealing for a lot of the same reasons.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
with all the kerfluffle over spiderman in the game, i decided to actually look at what the avengers thing is and wow it really does look like the most generic and boring live service game possible (and this is coming from someone who put like 100 hrs into division 2 lol)

good luck with that one, square 😆

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
there was that rumor about xbl gold going free and gp ultimate people getting xcloud to make up for the "lost feature" so i guess there's some traction to that after all.

kinda funny that ms made a big deal about "its called game pass now, not xbox game pass" and this article from them still calls it xbox game pass.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
That removed VN game Bokuten just got an update. I wonder if they removed the adult content and will try to get it back on steam.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
So Super Bunnyhop put out a glowing review for Hunt: Showdown.

I hadn't paid any attention to this game, but it looks amazing. Anybody here play it? I'm tempted to try it out. I've been sinking a lot of time into Dead by Daylight lately, and this looks like it would be appealing for a lot of the same reasons.
I'll summon the Hunt: Showdown addicts from my steam friends list.
BlindRhythm Echoes You two must have a kerbillion hours in this by now. What's it like? Any good?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Too bad Crytek sued CIG over bullshit to get some of that sweet backer money, otherwise I'd have been all over Hunt a long time ago.

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
That removed VN game Bokuten just got an update. I wonder if they removed the adult content and will try to get it back on steam.
From the sounds of it, I guess that Valve just don't want the R18+ patches to work for some games. So the devs likely just made it so that the patch just wouldn't work for the Steam version.
Was there are pre-order discount for fall guys? I really want to get it but don't really have the budget for it.
Nope, just the Half Life pre-order bonus

Reactions: Le Pertti

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
I can not see Sony releasing PS5 exclusives on the PC. At least not for the first 2-3 years of the console life cycle.
Otherwise, marketing would be difficult with regard to the superiority of the PS5 SSD.

Let's hope that I am wrong :slightly-smiling-face:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
From the sounds of it, I guess that Valve just don't want the R18+ patches to work for some games. So the devs likely just made it so that the patch just wouldn't work for the Steam version.
They don't want R18+ patches that just unlock something that's already there in the game files, but just not accessible in-game.
So it turns out that the Steam version of Bokuten did contain 18+ content, in the form of CGs and thumbnails not accessible in-game.
The CGs were in a file that was not touched by the 18+ patch, so there can be no question about them being on Steam, exactly as Valve said in this article.

An update was pushed a few hours ago that fixes that, which is also the first time I remember seeing a banned game get updated.
Maybe MangaGamer is working with Valve to resolve the situation? One can only hope.
So presumably they are still removing problematic content from the game files.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I can not see Sony releasing PS5 exclusives on the PC. At least not for the first 2-3 years of the console life cycle.
Otherwise, marketing would be difficult with regard to the superiority of the PS5 SSD.

Let's hope that I am wrong :slightly-smiling-face:
They are making Spiderman exclusive to their console, in an marvel avengers game.
If they want to get PC money, 2-3 years of exclusivity isn't a far stretch scenario imo too.

Reactions: Pommes

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I guess new devs doesn't remember or probably doesn't know about the hot cofee situation.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
So presumably they are still removing problematic content from the game files.
They pushed another update today that removed another 3 files (variants of 1 CG), so it seems like it. Hopefully that is part of a process to get the game re-released. I also noticed that this update seems to have re-added a lot of information on SteamDB:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
BlindRhythm Echoes You two must have a kerbillion hours in this by now. What's it like? Any good?
Hunt is an exceptional game, it's hard to compare to other games. Like Super Bunnyhop mentions in the video, it can't be considered a Battle Royale per se, there is more than one way to feel like you achieved victory. I will give a couple of quick examples:

- You and your friend are exploring a compound looking for a clue, you hear something and it's another team! Then you spend the next ten or fifteen minutes fighting for your life, flanking, trying to get a good shot,etc. In the grand scheme of things is just a duel but coming on top makes you feel really good. After the fight you might be in a bad spot, ammo or health wise. So you check your map and head for the nearest extraction point. You weren't the last one standing or brought home the tokens you get when defeating a boss but it felt good.

- You explore the map, get the three clues, kill some zombies, hounds and hives during that phase. Then you get to the boss lair, you fight it with your guns or silently with melee. You take the tokens and extract without finding a soul on your way. It's also a great feeling, not as intense as the previous example but hey we got the bounty :D

All in all it's a rewarding game if you put the time, the skill ceiling is quite high but the open nature of your possible actions really make it shine. There are so many tactics and decisions to make in every match, right BlindRhythm ? :p

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
They pushed another update today that removed another 3 files (variants of 1 CG), so it seems like it. Hopefully that is part of a process to get the game re-released. I also noticed that this update seems to have re-added a lot of information on SteamDB:
this is most likely to come back soon after the new certification process, it's unusual to see activity on banned packages so if it's having activity is because they are going to try to get it back online.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
All in all it's a rewarding game if you put the time, the skill ceiling is quite high but the open nature of your possible actions really make it shine. There are so many tactics and decisions to make in every match, right BlindRhythm ? :p
Oh my! That's a lot of interest in Hunt! :face-screaming-in-fear:

But first I must weigh in on something equally as important, this whole cats vs dogs debate! And all I can say is.. animals are awesome! I know I have the reputation of being the 'cat guy' but I've also had four dogs in my life so far and might be getting a fifth soonish. (a corgi! :photoblobheart:)

While dogs can be less standoffish than a cat, I've had plenty of cats that are incredibly loving and crave attention. Basically to boil it down, all those little furballs are there to make us smile and warm our hearts. Also here's some very shocking news that I hope everyone is sitting down for wolves are actually my favorite animal!

And now we can discuss Hunt. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Echoes explained it pretty well. Though I should mention the similarities between it and Dead by Daylight are very small. DBD is all about outsmarting a solo monster controlled by another player while working together as a team. No one controls the monsters in Hunt and team sizes are limited to three, also as Echoes mentioned there's other teams that are attempting to kill the same boss or bosses that you are and will try to stop you.

However if the thing that really draws you to DBD is the stealth and the patience the game requires then Hunt also does that very well. Moving quietly and slowly when you get near a location on the map and listening for steps or sounds of combat or even animals and zombies being startled can give you the upper hand. There's also times when you're certain another team is there but aren't sure exactly where they are and you can either use decoys or if someone has a silenced weapon, shoot a barrel or zombie, and hopefully get them to make some noise or look out a window.

It's still very much a shooter but given that nearly all of the weapons are semi auto you'll usually have a chance to respond. And the nice thing about the weapons being primarily those you would see in the Wild West is that none of them really feel overpowered. The majority of them do roughly the same damage so it's more a matter of finding a few that suit your playstyle.

Now there is one downside to Hunt and that's the game almost requires a friend or two to play with you. It's possible to play the game solo and it's something I did for 10 hours or so back when it was still in beta but it can be such a deflating experience playing alone. Highly rewarding at times too if you manage to take down some teams but more often than not you'll find yourself frustrated.

All in all I'll say that it's one that has so much potential and has realized most of it. It's easily one of my most favorite competitive games to come out in recent years and I can see myself sticking with Hunt for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.