Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Wow, that Spider-man exclusivity news is fucking bullshit, and I say this as someone with zero interest in that game. Normally I'd just ignore it and move on with my life, mainly because it looks boring as fuck, but because of this I hope it bombs so fucking hard lmao.
I dont think it will bomb but knowing SE they have stupid high sales projections that will end up dissappointing them

Reactions: PC-tan

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I dont think it will bomb but knowing SE they have stupid high sales projections that will end up dissappointing them
Yeah, the Avengers brand alone can probably carry it somewhat but almost everyone has been down on what they've shown so far and I have a hunch the game will end up being a major dud, Anthem style. And it's basically all hands on deck for their western studios, so yeah, they'll likely have expectations that are even more wildly unrealistic than usual lol. There's no way in hell this will perform to S-E's satisfaction.

Reactions: NarohDethan

corrosivefrost

Ray of Sunshine
Sep 8, 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: Pommes and lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Oddly enough, the game isn't even showing in my library for some reason... [UWSL]:thinking-blob:[/UWSL] [UWSL]:thinking-blob:[/UWSL]
Preload exclusive for PS4 Owners
Love when PS gets exclusive it’s just business but when they don’t it’s disrespectful to the fanbase (that amount of time Atlus took to confirm Nocturne on PS4, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc)

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

OH FFS!
Yeah, don't think I will get the game anywhere now. Im one of the few people on this planet who isn't really interested in Spidey (I do like the movies though, Raimis Spider-Man 2 is my favorite I think). Well, I was a big fan of Spidey when I was younger, but these days Im not that into Spidey, Im way more interested in Cap, Tony and Thor.

However, deals like that are complete and utter bullshit and only hurts players.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I was cautiously optimistic on Avengers that they might actually pull it off and deliver a good game following the latest stream they did, but fuck this.

Reactions: ISee and LEANIJA

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
It's looking to me like they're about to faceplant hard when the PS5 launches this holiday.
If I were looking to purchase a next-gen console at launch holiday 2020, I'd be going back to Xbox and probably staying there, Horizon 2 and GoW 2 be damned.
This.
The zeitgeirst clearly seems to still be with Sony, but for no other reason that I can see other than PS4 was wildly successful.

XSX looks like the far more interesting console

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
It's looking to me like they're about to faceplant hard when the PS5 launches this holiday.
If I were looking to purchase a next-gen console at launch holiday 2020, I'd be going back to Xbox and probably staying there, Horizon 2 and GoW 2 be damned.
Microsoft announced plenty of 3rd party money hats as well in their latest stream. Both Microsoft and Sony are going all in on (timed) exclusive 3rd party content.

corrosivefrost

Ray of Sunshine
Sep 8, 2018
This.
The zeitgeirst clearly seems to still be with Sony, but for no other reason that I can see other than PS4 was wildly successful.

XSX looks like the far more interesting console
I don't know about that... there's chatter that Sony was concerned about the response to Backwards Compatability after the reveal event and they're now scrambling to do something to save face and compete with what MS has been building for a generation.
Add in other aspects like XSX being the more powerful console, multiplayer going free while Sony will still require PS+ at this point, and Gamepass and I'm finding it hard to see why anyone would rush out to buy a PS5 at launch, especially since nothing they have announced that's first-party/exclusive (at least on console) is going to be available at launch. Buggsnaxx? Shut up and take my money!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I don't know about that... there's chatter that Sony was concerned about the response to Backwards Compatability after the reveal event and they're now scrambling to do something to save face and compete with what MS has been building for a generation.
Add in other aspects like XSX being the more powerful console, multiplayer going free while Sony will still require PS+ at this point, and Gamepass and I'm finding it hard to see why anyone would rush out to buy a PS5 at launch, especially since nothing they have announced that's first-party/exclusive (at least on console) is going to be available at launch. Buggsnaxx? Shut up and take my money!
Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Man is a creature of habit and here in Europe, at least in my circle of friends, "console gaming" is pretty much equivalent to "Playstation". Even though I personally prefer Microsofts strategy on paper, I can see people flocking to the PS5 again just out of habit unless Sony fucks it up colossally.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
A’int linking to that site but the old old place had a thread about a guy asking for dating advice, the girl told him the she wanted to go to his place to ‘meet his puppy’ and this guy wanted to show off his gaming collection and show her how far videogames have come from the NES days.
So what did they think of the puppy?
Why do I feel like a lot of PS+ peit are going to ask, who is this and how do I get this skin.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
naaaaah ... not after DS and HZD (and the rest that's coming soon ... ish 👀)
But Death Stranding is not even published by Sony. Why would that factor at all in their decision to bring more of their AAA catalogue to Steam ?
That said unlikely HZD is an exception....More will follow the question is which ones.
I only want God of War 2018.

• Eyes
Reactions: prudis and lashman

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
they still own the IP/game (forgot which one) ... so they had to sign off on it ... also the engine, obviously
True enough but I don't think they are happy about DS having a PC version.
But that does not matter, no one forced their hand to bring HZD to PC. Sony has got to be interested in the PC market now.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I actually think I remember that now!XD
While I was half-joking, I actually do think it is a solid advice by inviting your girl to play videogames together. There are tons of fun games with local multiplayer to play together actually, like Overcooked or Moving Out. Maybe she is not interested in games but trying it once can be good to both of you.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Discovered this game from Tizoc's highlight thread and tried out the demo for 30 mins. It is pretty fun. Many tutorial puzzles at the beginning and story exposition is surprisingly heavy. (The protagonist is quite a cheeky mother lol.) Scenery looks amazing and judging from the trailers, there is a good variety of locations in the game. Don't think I will pay $20 to play it on day 1 but definitely getting it at a sale down the line.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

corrosivefrost

Ray of Sunshine
Sep 8, 2018
i believe ms has also said that xsx controllers will work on x1 so that's nice too

oh wait its the next tweet lol

That's cool, but really, unless you need a new controller and want and XSX controller, that's a pretty limited use case.
I think the PS3 supports DS4 controllers but not 100% of everything works right...

Side note, that d-pad looks horrendous. They were doing so well with improving it on the X1... really surprised at whatever that is.

Reactions: lashman

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
It's the same D-pad the Elite controller has (well, you get a choice between this and the other dpad).

I don't own one, but according to their testing, people liked it much more than the traditional +. They claim it's way more precise, especially in the diagonals, and also more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.