Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I don't know if someone made the observation already, but I was just looking at Rocket Arena and it's apparently €30 on Steam while being €5 on Origin. So it is possible for games to be priced differently depending on where they're sold. So that rule about pricing on Steam having to be the same as what it's sold for outside of Steam only applies to Steam versions of those games. This was to be expected (I think), but here we can see a concrete example of it.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I hope that Stranger of Sword city is a free upgrade, I bought it and started playing it awhile back but got distracted and always wanted to go back to it, with a better version I rather way for it.
I've waited freaking years on the enhanced version of Stranger of Sword City before finally getting it a couple of months ago. I figured at this point they're certainly not porting it. but lo and behold here it finally is. Oh well, I've grabbed super cheap at least. I swear these companies are doing this shit on purpose 😆😆

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I don't know if someone made the observation already, but I was just looking at Rocket Arena and it's apparently €30 on Steam while being €5 on Origin. So it is possible for games to be priced differently depending on where they're sold. So that rule about pricing on Steam having to be the same as what it's sold for outside of Steam only applies to Steam versions of those games. This was to be expected (I think), but here we can see a concrete example of it.
They don't have to run the sale concurrently even if the Steam version though. It was pretty vague and lax in that iirc. The sale could be earlier or later on Steam.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
You're right, but the Rocket Arena example isn't perfect. Valve gives a lot of leeway when it comes to that rule. Throwing an example here, see NieR Automata (GG.Deals Price History / SteamDB price history), which is almost always on sale in some sites yet rarely on Steam.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
You're right, but the Rocket Arena example isn't perfect. Valve gives a lot of leeway when it comes to that rule. Throwing an example here, see NieR Automata (GG.Deals Price History / SteamDB price history), which is almost always on sale in some sites yet rarely on Steam.
I suppose what really matters its the full price of the game not if it gets on sale often. It's just a theory because there are many games that rarely get sale on steam but do otherwise on external sites.

corrosivefrost

Ray of Sunshine
Sep 8, 2018
Don't play with me Capcom. Give me Dudley.

edit: Dan :sleeping-face::sleeping-face::sleeping-face:
I was hoping for Fei Long.
Or C. Viper.

What a letdown.
First season pass I'm not all "Shut up and take my money" about... the Akira inclusion is cool, but the rest... like... I'm supposed to pay money for these?
Also Rose comes back and gets a stage and they've remade a good share of the SF2 stages... yet Ken's stage is still MIA. whatthefuck.

Dan is an inspired choice.

I played a bunch of Dan in SF4 just because I knew that every single time I won, someone would lose to a Dan and be extra pissed about it.

:sf_quackd:
Yeah, but you can already do that with female Dan.

Reactions: Nabs and lashman

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I hope that Stranger of Sword city is a free upgrade, I bought it and started playing it awhile back but got distracted and always wanted to go back to it, with a better version I rather way for it.
It's not a free update on Vita, and will prolly be just a pre-order bonus for the new game.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Looks like the two-pack format they're doing on Switch is going to apply to Steam as well, so an upgrade looks unlikely.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
It's a shame I can't find any appeal in games like AC or Horizon anymore. They're too big and I lose motivation very quickly.
I feel somewhat the same. Played so many open world big budget / medium budget games over the years ive kind of grown a bit weary of them. Not to say that i dont enjoy the occasional one now and then. I usually get round to a Far Cry once its been out for a while. Haven't touched Ass Creed since 3 (Had Origins, the level progression stopping the main story made me bounce off it after about 15 hours). Im loving Death Stranding which i guess is open world. I'd play Zelda BOTW 2 as 1 was great. GTA and RDR always draw me in.

Its a mixed bag.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
It's not a budget issue, it's a COVID issue. This season very likely only exists to cover for the next FG being delayed due to the pandemic. We were very likely getting SF6/Darkstalkers 4/Whatever announced on the CPT finals for a 2021/2022 release but that's donezo now.

I'll fucking take Capcom throwing Rival Schools fans a bone.
Agree on all points.

Reactions: NarohDethan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Whew. I forgot what early 7th gen games looked like in high definition on computer monitors.

Jesus wept.
It was the era of Orange and Teal movies and games with lots of Brown and a "Piss Filter" over the top of it. Damn, i'm old. lol.
Great games but yeah the aesthetic on some of these has aged badly.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Prototype 2
B10

If you wanna play this, have another game on the side
It is pretty repetitive so do a handful of missions then move onto the other game
Decent overall, but nothing too amazing
Running and flying around is fun though!

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019

SHE
HAS
FUCKING
RETURNED
The monkey's paw, Akira returning in SFV means Rival Schools/Project Justice is as dead as Darkstalkers.

Why do they insist on making Dan suck? That "joke" was stale 25 years ago and he was actually decent in the first Alpha/Zero.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Almost Choice day again. Let the speculation begin!

Personally, I'm hoping for somethinh semi-high profile anime, it feels like Choice hasn't had many of those at all (I can only think of Okami and Street Fighter 4?).
Something Bamco would be cool (God Eater 3, Code Vein, Ace Combat, Ni no Kuni,....)

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
that is correct, yes
They don't have to run the sale concurrently even if the Steam version though. It was pretty vague and lax in that iirc. The sale could be earlier or later on Steam.
Ahh. I was mistaken anyway. I thought the base price was different. It said 5 euros on the button, but I had another look and saw it was discounted from 30.

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Personally, I'm hoping for somethinh semi-high profile anime, it feels like Choice hasn't had many of those at all (I can only think of Okami and Street Fighter 4?).
Something Bamco would be cool (God Eater 3, Code Vein, Ace Combat, Ni no Kuni,....)
It's been a while since a Bamco game was in a Choice bundle

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

A miserable pile of secrets

(I hope it’s CoD MW)

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
By the way, I have discovered that I had been permanently banned for spam from the forum of PC Gamer. I think I have posted there 3 times in total.

I cannot access any information about the ban. I was not even aware of it. It might have happened months ago. I suspect it was because I must have posted a link to Steam250 (do not ban me here) in a thread about hidden gems. I am not affiliated with this website, it is just a site which I like to browse a bit every day.

I have tried to appeal the ban by contacting their email address, but it looks like I will be permanently ignored. I guess I won't be reading PC Gamer anymore.

I hate how horseshit commercial interest communities are about not linking other sites. Because god forbid they not earn 1 one billionth of a penny in a non-zero-sum situation. If anyone else profits even slightly in any way other than their CEO, they are out for blood.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
4 racing games, 3 puzzle games, something someone in this thread just bought for full price that is just out of refund and like 4 random games they threw darts at on a big giant board
They must run out of racing games eventually, right :grimacing-face:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I have replayed through the entire GDI Campain in C&C Remastered. What a fun silly thing. Those last couple missions are pretty tough on Normal even (maybe its my boomer-level reflexes), they really like to hit you with random hidden units on the map, ugh.

Thankfully the all-time old strat of APC full of Engineers will work forever on the AI. Just distract their turrets, drive to the back of the base and capture as many buildings as you can for GG. If you get the Con Yard + Barracks or Vehicle Depot its over 99% of the time.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more difficult for Humble to get certain games because it's an upfront bundle now. They seem to make a lot of publisher deals for multiple games across months, so I bet we could guess a few.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The monkey's paw, Akira returning in SFV means Rival Schools/Project Justice is as dead as Darkstalkers.

Why do they insist on making Dan suck? That "joke" was stale 25 years ago and he was actually decent in the first Alpha/Zero.
Dan looks really good from the footage we've seen, for one thing he is able to charge his gadu-ken.

corrosivefrost

Ray of Sunshine
Sep 8, 2018

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Cursed is garbage, even without been able to leave home, and have more time to do nothing then ever before, I want the time I spent watching Cursed back.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.