Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Started playing Dishonored DoTO (backlog blitz baybee!), and it might be my favorite in the series from a mechanical standpoint. But I've also played a combined 100 hours between Dishonored 1 and 2, and this one is very similar. It's an excellent game, but I'm still finding it hard to stay engaged :poutblob:

Reactions: LEANIJA

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
With the State of Play focusing on 3rd party today, I guess we may get an even better look how Sony will treat PC when it comes to timed exclusivity. Every PS5 3rd party game is seemingly coming day 1 on PC (unless EGS pays for timed exclusivity), but then we still have games like FFVIIR and Nioh 2 being timed on PC, but those deals may be old and Sonys stance have changed since those deals were made, so I don't know.

I assume FFVIIR timed exclusivity regarding the PC version was decided many years ago at least.

Like there is a big chance the next mainline FF is timed exclusive for PS5, I just hope PC is day 1.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, Square Enix is just Square Enix, I wouldn't expect anything from their japanese side to be day 1 on PC. That way you're not going to be disappointed and the few exceptions will be nice surprises.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Mor

Did you hear any news regarding KH 1.5,2.,5 and 2.8?
tbh, I don't know about those anymore, all games surpassed the year exclusivity and hasn't been announced so, who knows what S-E is doing at this point. :/

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

• Sad
Reactions: Dekunator

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The only thing I need from Squeenix for the immediate future is a deep discount for Octopath Traveler. At least 50%.

Reactions: Le Pertti
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Started playing Dishonored DoTO (backlog blitz baybee!), and it might be my favorite in the series from a mechanical standpoint. But I've also played a combined 100 hours between Dishonored 1 and 2, and this one is very similar. It's an excellent game, but I'm still finding it hard to stay engaged :poutblob:
I had the same issue. Last year I started DotO right after finishing D2 and couldn't finish the first mission. It felt like the same game with smaller scope and more restrictive options. It probably didn't help that I didn't find D2 that amazing, it was ok but I still think D1 was better.
Maybe next year enough time has passed and I'll attempt to play and finish it.

Reactions: beep boop

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Once Square Enix has announced pc release for Kingdom Hearts it will also be disappointing. That's what square enix is good at. They screwed Dragon Quest XI S with no upgrade option for previous owners.

Square Enix will find a way to make Kingdom Hearts disappointing... 😔

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Once Square Enix has announced pc release for Kingdom Hearts it will also be disappointing. That's what square enix is good at. They screwed Dragon Quest XI S with no upgrade option for previous owners.

Square Enix will find a way to make Kingdom Hearts disappointing... 😔
Here are all issues the PS4 Version had because they upped the framerate to 60 without playtesting

The xbox Version also launched with playstation button prompts

Looking Forward to what they can come up with for the steamrelease!!

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Here are all issues the PS4 Version had because they upped the framerate to 60 without playtesting

The xbox Version also launched with playstation button prompts

Looking Forward to what they can come up with for the steamrelease!!
Yikes, so with adding 60 fps the game also introduced several problems. Don't they test games before release? Yes, stupid question

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I cannot find any information regarding items missing from the Steam Points Shop. For instance, all of the items for this game. Maybe due to these errors?

Also, I have discovered that you have to play a game at least 2 hours before you can redeem items with points. This is a bit inconvenient for F2P games with cool backgrounds, or games which were purchased a long time ago and which could not be refunded anyway.

I have re-installed Idle Master Extended in order to idle these games, thanks to the new "whitelist" feature.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Today is 'PS4 is still console king' day!!!

Aka, 'Sony thinks they've got gaming by the short hairs and can do what they want, fuck you' day.

Ah Sony. I love the PS4 but boy do you like to make us come crawling for your shit.

• Toucan

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The port does seem very demanding considering the base PS4 performance. This should run a lot better at Original settings.

I mean, consider TW3's performance on stuff like old CPUs and 970's. I can definitively imagine that having been designed for a PS4, the use cases and bottlenecks are very different but this seems a little much.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, not going to get H:ZD. Will wait for a price drop and a few patches.

Back to Death Stranding it is.

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
thankfully i still need to finish some other stuff before i get to it and ultimately i got it to support the SonyPC porting initiative rather than out of hype to play the game.

so i am absolutely fine waiting a bit for them to patch it up
At first I was thinking about refunding it right away if the port did not meet my expectations. But thinking this way, I think I'll keep it to support future ports and I'm pretty sure they'll polish things up in the first few months. Hopefully...

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I cannot find any information regarding items missing from the Steam Points Shop. For instance, all of the items for this game. Maybe due to these errors?

Also, I have discovered that you have to play a game at least 2 hours before you can redeem items with points. This is a bit inconvenient for F2P games with cool backgrounds, or games which were purchased a long time ago and which could not be refunded anyway.

I have re-installed Idle Master Extended in order to idle these games, thanks to the new "whitelist" feature.
Maybe this is the reason?

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
After checking some HZD benchmark, what kind of compromises they have to made to make this game playable on PS4???

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
After checking some HZD benchmark, what kind of compromises they have to made to make this game playable on PS4???
I think the PC port isn't the best it possibly could and probably leaves a good deal of performance on the table. That being said, I'd venture that this is what designing a game for a single hardware target looks like.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'd love to know what the people at Guerilla Games are thinking about Virtous Games and the state of their game on PC.
I guess Sony really went with the cheapest option?
Is Virtous really working on it? For the most part I have not heard really good things from them. I think they have only done a few handful of okay ports?

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Is Virtous really working on it? For the most part I have not heard really good things from them. I think they have only done a few handful of okay ports?
Apparently yes. All this time I thought that the port is done in house by GG themselves.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
They seem to be at least involved. Some say they did it on their own, some say they helped out.

They are notorious for the batman AK port. You know the one that got pulled from Steam because people refunded like crazy.

The outer world switch port is also from them.
They stated that they can port anything to switch.

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
They seem to be at least involved. Some say they did it on their own, some say they helped out.

They are notorious for the batman AK port. You know the one that got pulled from Steam because people refunded like crazy.

The outer world switch port is also from them.
They stated that they can port anything to switch.
Wasn't Arkham Knight a High Voltage joint?

Edit: nope, Iron Galaxy. High Voltage was the Mortal Kombat X studio.

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

Ooh neat!
Cool, I can just play it on my Apple Arcade sub and save some money ^_^

• Disapproval
Reactions: Ge0force

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I think that's just Valve hiding some information from SteamDB. (It was leaking cards for unreleased games and private information like approval/disapproval notes too).

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Hey @Mor, do you think HZD is an important release for Steam as a platform?
I'm glad you ask me that, Mor, so, let's see, in the first place we have a giant banner prior the release of the game, quite fantastic I must say but, if you focus you can see a countdown there, oh my, how interesting, huh? let me tell you something, only 3 banners had countdowns for releases and those are (from less to more important)

-Jedi Fallen Order (the day EA announced their partnership with Valve for the comeback)
-Index pre-order (the first piece of hardware since Steam Controller completely manufactured by Valve)
-Half-Life: Alyx (the first entry of the series in 13 years and their flagship game for VR)

You can bet THIS is a big thing if there's a countdown banner.

Just Woah. :cat-heart-blob:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm glad you ask me that, Mor, so, let's see, in the first place we have a giant banner prior the release of the game, quite fantastic I must say but, if you focus you can see a countdown there, oh my, how interesting, huh? let me tell you something, only 3 banners had countdowns for releases and those are (from less to more important)

-Jedi Fallen Order (the day EA announced their partnership with Valve for the comeback)
-Index pre-order (the first piece of hardware since Steam Controller completely manufactured by Valve)
-Half-Life: Alyx (the first entry of the series in 13 years and their flagship game for VR)

A small part me laments that indies and lesser-known developers aren't getting this treatment, but on the other hand it shows that the platform does handle the marketing and has a positive effect on sales.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland

Too bad I'll have to wait for the RTX 3000 series. My 970 is on its last legs.

I saw that there are rumors going around that the RTX 3080 might come out on the 17th of September.

e.g., NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti: rumored launch of September 17

Last edited:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
A small part me laments that indies and lesser-known developers aren't getting this treatment, but on the other hand it shows that the platform does handle the marketing and has a positive effect on sales.
As a matter of fact, a big part of the banner collection is composed by indies but banners are a little tricky, let me explain.

Banners aren't cheap.... nor expensive.... you can't buy the spot as it would not be fair, so, it's the users who decide what goes in and what doesn't.

The system works based on all kind of metrics from number of wishlists to impressions/day of the page and through the engagement of community or potential projection of success (yes, this exists as a completely arbitrary system) so that's why most of the time you will see banners of big companies, big games and in general the "usual suspects" but truth is that from time to time, a miracle happens and that's when an unexpected banner comes in place.

One of the best examples this year would be TemTem, good projection, good engagement and it got a banner the day after release once it was proven that people were loving it.

So while it might be unfair, it's people who decide what does up and what doesn't.

BTW: Team will tell devs when it's a potential moment for a banner to have it ready through the templates :blobeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.