Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Probably not the answer you’re looking for but FIFA is arcade-y. PES is more technical.
It's been a decade or more since I played Winning 11, but I like it better than any FIFA for sure.
Like seriously, they are directly asking their playerbase of children to do their bidding
The irony of a corporation aiming to encourage the masses to follow a wholly consumeristic goal, while appropriating a cautionary tale about diminishing critical and individual, independent thinking...

:dana_think:

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
One side of me hopes Epic wins because Apples store policies are quite bullshit and anti-competetive in many ways. The other side of me likes to see them fight and I don't really care about the outcome as I don't have any Apple devices and I don't play Fortnite anymore (and if I did I would play it on PC), so I really don't have a stake in that fight. Im basically on the side eating popcorn while watching this unfold.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
well if epic's claim here is that restrictions on app stores/competing apps, restricting alternate payment methods, and the 30% cut of all payments and services is anti-competitive. if they can prove that it could potentially affect a lot more than apple devices. android devices and potentially consoles could be affected as they all have very similar restrictions and fees in their stores.

Reactions: Pommes

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
So seeing this dumb "dispute" between Apple and Epic, I'm all
I'd put mine more into the amused michael jackson eating popcorn realm.

I'd kind of like to see millions of angry iOS Fortnite players screaming at Apple, but I don't think Apple literally turned off the app did they?

Reactions: Mivey

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
I'd kind of like to see millions of angry iOS Fortnite players screaming at Apple, but I don't think Apple literally turned off the app did they?
the app is still working (i don't believe apple can actually turn it off as it all runs on epic's end) but it is removed from the store, which means it cannot get any software updates and no new downloads of the app can be made. anyone who had it previously still has access to redownload for now.

Reactions: ISee and PC-tan

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
the app is still working (i don't believe apple can actually turn it off as it all runs on epic's end) but it is removed from the store, which means it cannot get any software updates and no new downloads of the app can be made. anyone who had it previously still has access to redownload for now.
And here I am wishing, in this case, for a more crushingly dystopian reality.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
As much fun of Epic as I've made, I do think there is the possibility of something good coming out of this. Imagine Iphone or Android as a true open platform, it would be fucking great.

Also my dislike of Apple is deep and not entirely rational.

Scott Pilgrim‘s author
I hate to be that guy but he'll always be the writer of Snotgirl to me damn it!!!

Also, I have Scott Pligrim vs The World: The Game on my PS3! Got it just before it was removed.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I saw some people get the beta outfit, but I didn't. Are they rolling it out in stages or did I miss out?

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Man I would jump and get battle brothers, but it isn't CYB.

So I am forever waiting for them to be done with DLC and offer a complete package with a discount lol.

Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It looks like the 3rd and final major update for early access is out. Full release is just around the corner.
Redesigned role-playing system, new abilities and skills, rebalanced battle mechanics, stealth and non-lethal weapons, updated locations, additional side-quests, tons of new weapons and equipment, additional animations and effects and a lot more is waiting for you in the new content expansion for Encased.
Even though the third content patch is the last update for the early access of Encased, this is not the end. Right now the Dark Crystal Games team is coming to the finish line, beyond which is the full Encased release. In the third patch you will encounter new side-quests, but the main plot will remain a mystery until the release version. Now we will focus our attention on the story content and polishing of already existing mechanics. So get ready, adventurers. More Dome puzzles, wasteland adventures and battles with crazy enemies are waiting for you.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Never played TF2 But that skin loooks greattttt
You've never played TF2 before?

I know that gatekeeping is bad, but unless that play the game I will tell the mods about this.
Friendly reminder to log in to Fall Guys before midnight to redeem your 5k kudos and cactus suit
What special about the Cactus suit?

Also I wish that I had the beta suit..... Dang streamers

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Beta should be up soon, right?

edit: nvm it's tomorrow.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Posting this here in the hopes it would brighten all y'all day

Sunshine sure was something. I was never able to beat the game though.

By the way. Where is the everyday life thread?

Or something along those lines since I would like to know where I can go and talk about everyday life and just what people grew up with and stuff like that.

As of right now I am downloading the Avengers beta. Also I am still working on my Lego NES. I think I am roughly have way done with the NES itself I have yet to start the TV and I think that will take way longer than the NES. Thinking about it. 12+ years ago when I was really into legos, the thought of owning something as big and expensive as the LEGO NES sure have been something. I think the biggest and most expensive set I ever had as a kid was the Lego AT-TE 7675 and that thing was like $90USD when I got it back in 2008.

I think I still have the lego pieces and stuff but I have them all stores somewhere and I also have to clean then since the pieces may have rat piss on them seeing how they were stored in a shed for years (almost a decade I would say) and if I am missing parts I can just order replacements.

Reactions: Tizoc

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
The Epic-Apple-Google thing is just great in all sorts of ways. At best we get a (very unlikely but still possible) court decision against walled gardens which will fundamentally shake up the industry (imagine Steam being able to set up shop on Playstation hardware and sell games), at worst we get Epic getting slapped around and losing a big chunk of its revenue, in any case we are guaranteed months or years of entertainment and Epic spending tons of cash and attention on this issue which might make them pull back from moneyhatting. So yeah, it's win-win for us. Go Tim! :evilblob:

Status
Not open for further replies.