Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, I'm tired of hearing this argument when discussing with The Outer Worlds apologists. They keep excusing the game with "it was AA, not AAA", to which I reply with "shouldn't have priced it like an AAA then". That's when the $1 argument comes up and saying that's only a promo price and for a subscription no less, and it's not available on PS4 and Switch where the game was full price doesn't get to them at all.
Spot-on. I'm a little less miffed today than yesterday but the thing still irritates me to no end. Talking about GP in this way solves nothing, it only pushes people to Microsoft and furthers a business model where you pay rent for your library, relying on rather big uncertainties in terms of pricing and value while having to cope with horrible software distribution and restrictions.

The way it's injected into conversations is stupid and really makes me wonder whether the people that started this trend have a vested interest in doing so. In FS2020's case, telling people to get GP results in not only not fixing the pricing problem but also rewards Microsoft for it. It's crazy.

Reactions: xinek and ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Are you still having those big technical hiccups ?
Unfortunately yes.
1440p performance = 4k performance because my CPU is terribly underperforming. So, I've settled to downsample from 4k.
There are sometimes ~10s long pauses, especially when the weather switches or I suddenly and abruptly change directions. Happens overclocked, not overclocked, on a SSD or NVMe.

But the game is quiet payable in the 45fps range with Gsync.

One thing I've noticed when going down with settings is how much more lod changes and pop in there suddenly is.
Explains why the game is so taxing on ultra. Maybe dx11 is not able to handle all the draw calls that are necessary?
But if that's the case, I have no idea why it is dx 11 in the first place. Wasn't it supposed to get ray tracing down the road?

Reactions: Li Kao and Swenhir

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
One thing I've noticed when going down with settings is how much more lod changes and pop in there suddenly is.
Explains why the game is so taxing on ultra. Maybe dx11 is not able to handle all the draw calls that are necessary?
But if that's the case, I have no idea why it is dx 11 in the first place. Wasn't it supposed to get ray tracing down the road?
The shift to Gen12 APIs is massively hard on existing large scale engines. That being said, considering Asobo said they built the renderer from the ground up I'm puzzled as to why they didn't use it from the beginning. It's weird.

Reactions: ISee

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Looks like IOI is closing down the multiplayer part of Hitman 2 when Hitman 3 is released or earlier. There are three achievements tied to the multiplayer and all are the Sniper Assassins maps.
There is a suit unlock which requires 100 undetected target kills in Ghost mode.

Is there anyone who want to help me with the achievements? It's probably going to be quick if we know what to do.
I am in EU and mostly playing on evenings between 8-10 PM.

For the suit unlock I will try to take my time to unlock it, maybe I can find random players

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Looks like IOI is closing down the multiplayer part of Hitman 2 when Hitman 3 is released or earlier. There are three achievements tied to the multiplayer and all are the Sniper Assassins maps.
There is a suit unlock which requires 100 undetected target kills in Ghost mode.

Is there anyone who want to help me with the achievements? It's probably going to be quick if we know what to do.
I am in EU and mostly playing on evenings between 8-10 PM.

For the suit unlock I will try to take my time to unlock it, maybe I can find random players
For the achievements they said they would add alternative methods for unlocking them at least which I appreciate. I'm still curious to see how save importing will work and if Hitman 3 will have 1 and 2's achievement lists like Hitman 2 had 1's. There was no save import from 1 to 2, right? Ideally I would be able to play through 1, get all achievements, import to 2, automatically unlock all H1 achievements, then import the 1+2 save into 3 and unlock as 1/2 achievements.

Reactions: Jiggaloboy

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Hopefully they're working on a PC version of the Nocturne remaster. It's one of the most requested games anyway and since the remaster is about to release on consloles I think it makes sense to strike while the iron is hot.

Reactions: PC-tan

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
For the achievements they said they would add alternative methods for unlocking them at least which I appreciate. I'm still curious to see how save importing will work and if Hitman 3 will have 1 and 2's achievement lists like Hitman 2 had 1's. There was no save import from 1 to 2, right? Ideally I would be able to play through 1, get all achievements, import to 2, automatically unlock all H1 achievements, then import the 1+2 save into 3 and unlock as 1/2 achievements.
Hitman 2 didn't have any import functions, so all progress was reset. I believe there will be one for Hitman 3 though.
Is there any source for the alternative unlocking methods for the achievements?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Hitman 2 didn't have any import functions, so all progress was reset. I believe there will be one for Hitman 3 though.
Is there any source for the alternative unlocking methods for the achievements?
"We are preparing to sunset the co-op servers in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3 and we’ll share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months."

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018

Hi everyone,
Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs have some important updates to share today. We recently shared that we were making some organizational changes to the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 team, as promised, we will now give an update on what that means.
Lead Narrative Designer Brian Mitsoda and Creative Director Ka’ai Cluney are no longer part of the team at Hardsuit Labs. This was a joint decision made by the leadership of Hardsuit Labs and Paradox Interactive.
We appreciate, and value, the contributions of Brian and Ka’ai, which were instrumental in establishing the game's storyline and dark tone and have helped to ensure that we are making a true successor to the iconic Bloodlines. We wish them both the best in their future endeavors.
With that, we are excited to announce that Alexandre Mandryka has come aboard as Creative Consultant, filling the Creative Director role for Bloodlines 2, and will help us in the final stages of development. Alexandre is committed to following the vision that is in place, and successfully bringing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 to the fans.
Alexandre has been in the industry for more than 20 years and has worked on iconic franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Warhammer 40,000, Far Cry, and more. With a long history of shipping excellent franchises, we are excited with what Alexandre brings to the game and the World of Darkness.
These changes to the team are focused on one thing: to bring you the best possible Vampire: The Masquerade game. We will share further updates as they occur.
We thank you all for understanding.
oof

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Some info from Mitsoda in the RPS article

Brian Mitsoda has been fired as narrative lead on Bloodlines 2

“Until recently, I was the Narrative Lead on a videogame called Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 for Hardsuit Labs, Inc being published by Paradox Interactive (which owns 30% of Hardsuit Labs). After almost five years involvement with the studio, I was suddenly terminated on 7/16/20.
That this came as a shock to me is underselling it. I’ve worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost five years. The story and main cast was initially conceived in my living room. I helped develop the pitch for Hardsuit Labs and helped pitch the project to Paradox in Las Vegas. I’ve been in charge of the narrative since the beginning, working long days and sometimes weekends to deliver a successor to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and I’ve never been led to believe that I hadn’t succeeded. Very obviously, I have also been involved in the PR and marketing side of things, even though it was one of the most difficult parts for me. I’m a pretty private person – press and crowds tend to heavily trigger my social anxiety (which, if you’ve ever wondered about the gloves, they are “armor” that make me feel less exposed in situations that trigger my anxiety).
Bloodlines and the fandom of the game mean the world to me. So I lent my legacy with the franchise, my name, and my participation in marketing efforts for the game, even when it was intensely difficult and took a mental and physical toll. This is all because I wanted to do what was best for the game and the team.
The pride in the work, the fan expectations, and the support from co-workers who started out as fans kept me going through this long five years. And I’m incredibly disappointed and frustrated to say that this is where it ends for me on the project.
I was not part of the conversations that led to the decision to delay production, and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development. I am confident and proud of the work that I and my team put forward. When that work will be seen and what form it will take is unknown to me.
It was a pleasure to work on this game and with many people at Hardsuit Labs and Paradox and I’m sorry I won’t be able to see it to the end. I spent years on some of the best characters and dialogue that I ever wrote. It’s meant a lot to hear from the Bloodlines community and I do hope that what’s finally delivered is as satisfying as I intended it to be. Thanks to all of you who supported me throughout the project.”

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yikes. I pre-purchased Bloodlines 2 on GOG as a show of support, and I've waited patiently through the delays, but I think I may take my money back after this. This game sounds troubled, to say the least.

Reactions: Yoshi

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
The company saying this was a mutual decision and the dude saying "wtf no one told me" is pretty stark.

Troubled development it seems.
We're going to get a sequel very much in line with the first game at this rate, with content being recreated by fans and released in patches to meet 'the original vision' for years and years.

Reactions: Yoshi and LEANIJA
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i guess Paradox REALLY want that sewer level in the game after all ...

• Toucan

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I pre-ordered Bloodlines 2 somewhere that had some kind of price mistake, forget where. Despite the cheap price I got it for, I still think I'm going to end up disappointed. It all sounds like a bit of a clusterfuck to be honest.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
And that's main HZD finished (all story missions, more than half of side-quests and around 80% of collectibles, documents at 99% with only 2 left)

edit: forgot to say that I will post some impressions in a few days at most once I have written what I wanted to say :cat-heart-blob:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That last Bloodlines 2 trailer they showed with the Christmas theme or wtvr during the Xbox show looked really good.

Sad to see it delayed to 2021 and now leads getting fired wth :disappointed-face:

• Sad
Reactions: Yoshi and lashman

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I wonder if this "new round of testing" is because of a certain game with broken port 👀
A barely functional Bloodborne on PC would top Steam charts for weeks. I think this is perhaps the only game PC gamers would buy regardless of how well it runs except if it's locked at 30fps which it won't be.

And plastic fetishists can take solace in the fact that PC gamers are funding PS5 exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.