Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
The game is endless, will be played for a long time, will leave game pass after 1 year unless Paradox extends the cotnract so you'll lose your save and playtime won't carry over and you also have to buy all the DLC on game pass so you have to double dip on them on Steam.
True. But it is a good way to for people to try out the game if they never played any Paradox games.

And if I remember correctly from the Paradox podcast that is the main reason why Paradox is bringing their games to Game Pass: Increase the number of potential customers. Especially under the aspect that the person who has Game Pass is probably not the typical Paradox customer.

Will be interesting to see if this works out for them.

Reactions: warp_

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
True. But it is a good way to for people to try out the game if they never played any Paradox games.
Oh absolutely. Despite really liking CK2 I will use game pass to demo CK3 and wait a day or 2 until Steam reviews are rolling in.

However, if you are in for the logn haul for any game, I don't think game pass is a good choice unless you buy it on the MS Store, but that's just me.

Reactions: Pommes

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Oh absolutely. Despite really liking CK2 I will use game pass to demo CK3 and wait a day or 2 until Steam reviews are rolling in.

However, if you are in for the logn haul for any game, I don't think game pass is a good choice unless you buy it on the MS Store, but that's just me.
You are absolutely correct.
Especially under the consideration that there are no 3rd-party key seller for the MS Store.
That would be problematic :money-mouth-face::dizzy-face:

Concerning the quality of CK3: Everything I have heard so far leads me to believe that it will be a (very?) good game from the start. Unlike some other recent Paradox releases...

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
And I didn't even like Rogue Legacy, despite giving it multiple shots.
I've tried it a few times myself. Always found it to difficult and punishing.

I guess I mostly liked the concept of the game rather than liking the game itself.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Bye Oculus. Hello a SteamVR-native headset.

And this is why I don't buy 3rd party games on Oculus Client. I think I have bought a few Oculus games, but those have been exclusives, so no loss here really.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Worth the price ?
I think theyre just doing this because the next game is around the corner and they wanna grab some cash with the old one. NBA 2K is notorious for its excessive monetization and the PC ports didnt exactly get glowing reviews. My partner's son plays this a lot (on Xbox) and he seems to like it, but he is very much into basketball. If you're not, your milage may vary.
BTW, Its a few cents cheaper on GMG.

(I've not actually watched these, but Jim and Joe are usually on-point)

Reactions: Tomasety and Pogi

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
He's lying. As much as I hate Facebook, he has spoken nothing but FUD about Oculus & FB's relationship from the start.

He used to say that Facebook was watching you through the infrared camera sensors on CV1.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Steam says many you played Mothergunship, so here's a question for all of you: is it worth it to spend more time with this game? I really don't like what I've played so far. Major issue is that enemies and bullets are very hard to see with the colorful environments. I'm being killed over and over again without even seeing what exactly killed me. Also some weapons can not be destroyed (why?), jump pads are launching me to God-knows-where, and there doesn't seem to be a difference in play style when using different weapon builds. Am I being too harsh, or is this a game with a great idea but bad execution?

• Eyes
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Shilling post.

I'm so proud an Indian game, made by Indian devs got this off the ground, despite hardships.
Any old Prince of Persia fan should buy this.

Currently a timed Switch exclusive, it'll come to Steam later this year.
This game looks reallllllly cool. I appreciate you sharing this info, particularly about the Indian devs. I do have some gift card monies on Switch that I was planning on using for Deadly Premonition 2... but that should probably wait for any additional patches (if they are coming) anyways. HMMMMM

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Seems like Somnium Files is currently on its lowest recorded price on Steam. But looking at steamdb and how shitty the price is over here compared to other countries kind of killed my interest. :pensive-face:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Has anybody tried running the MFS launcher outside of steam, from install directory, itself to see if it launches without steam? I highly doubt it if its a 1:1 UWP thingy.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I've had enough crowns to buy the premium outfits so far, but I do wonder if I will still be able to farm them in the future. I don't want to miss out on some cool colabs in the coming months. Safe to say stuff like Cyberpunk/Witcher stuff is coming, going by their twitter, although that will probably be around November, etc.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
A bit sad regarding BG3 news. I was torn between buying it or wait for full release date but after seeing the streaming and reading this... guess I will have wait for more than a year now.

Will I enjoy Early Access?
You should not buy Baldur’s Gate 3 in Early Access if you want a polished experience.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Though Act 1 (the content for Early Access) is defined, Act’s 2 and 3 are work in progress. It’s therefore difficult to predict when 1.0 will launch. We anticipate Baldur’s Gate 3 being in Early Access for at least one year but we’ll have to see how it goes. It’ll be ready when it’s ready.”
Good thing, Larian Studios are totally honest about the situation of the game so I thank them for not trying to pull people into early access desesperately.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Steam says many you played Mothergunship, so here's a question for all of you: is it worth it to spend more time with this game? I really don't like what I've played so far. Major issue is that enemies and bullets are very hard to see with the colorful environments. I'm being killed over and over again without even seeing what exactly killed me. Also some weapons can not be destroyed (why?), jump pads are launching me to God-knows-where, and there doesn't seem to be a difference in play style when using different weapon builds. Am I being too harsh, or is this a game with a great idea but bad execution?
Anyone? 😕

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
I have no issue with it in itself if people are happy with it. But when the conversation goes :

"The price is unfair and wrong!"
"Use gamepass!"
"That's a subscription, it doesn't hel-"
"But gamepass is tremendous value for over two hundred games!"
"Yes, but the price on Ste-"
"Please visit xbox.com and sign up for just one dollar for the first month!"
"..."

I kind of feel deeply compelled not to ever get near it or these fellow customers.
Yeah, I'm tired of hearing this argument when discussing with The Outer Worlds apologists. They keep excusing the game with "it was AA, not AAA", to which I reply with "shouldn't have priced it like an AAA then". That's when the $1 argument comes up and saying that's only a promo price and for a subscription no less, and it's not available on PS4 and Switch where the game was full price doesn't get to them at all.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
edit: appears to be old news as similar articles came out recently. Apologies!
Previous articles were based on Japanese Q&A and its translations. Today the official English Q&A was published on Sega's IR page. The language used is different form the Japanese translations ("aggressively" vs "actively").
https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/settlement/2021/1q_main_qa_e_final.pdf

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Shilling post.

I'm so proud an Indian game, made by Indian devs got this off the ground, despite hardships.
Any old Prince of Persia fan should buy this.

Currently a timed Switch exclusive, it'll come to Steam later this year.
It looks like a promising game for PoP fans, I hope it lives up to the expectations (especially mine :p). We need more games with that setting.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.