Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Here's a random event that happened the other day that I found amusing.
I was at a birthday party that had a lot of kids, ages 10-13, and over these past couple of years everytime I overheard their conversations during these gathering they were talking about fortnite, watching videos and generally commenting about the game. In this last party though the talk was about Fall Guys, how many crowns each one had, their strategies, favourite levels, etc. Releasing for free on playstation was such a smart move otherwise people like them wouldn't even have heard of the game.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

[UWSL]Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York will be available in the Humble Choice subscription[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Draw Distance, a NewConnect-listed independent video game producer, has signed an agreement with Humble Bundle, as a result of which the studio's proprietary production under the license of Paradox Interactive - Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York - will be available on the Humble Choice service. Access to games as part of the offer is available to website users who pay a monthly subscription. Draw Distance is getting ready for the release of a new title from the Vampire series, called Shadows of New York. The title will debut on September 10 on PC and consoles.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]- We are very happy that Koterie will be available on the Humble Choice platform. This is a good moment to promote our game, the more that we are already on the last straight preparation for the premiere of the next title in this series, i.e. Shadows of New York. The game will go on sale in the PC and console versions on September 10 - says Michał Mielcarek, President of Draw Distance. - Humble Choice is one of the most popular gaming subscription services in the world, participation in it is associated with a noticeable increase in the number of owners of a given game on Steam. Within one month, the title's popularity grows significantly and attracts up to several hundred thousand users. We hope for synergy with the premiere of Shadows of New York - he adds.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Coteries of New York will be available as a subscription from September 4 until October 2 this year. Pursuant to the provisions of the agreement, the company will receive a one-off remuneration for the right to place the game on the platform.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]EXNOA, the company responsible for the release of the game in Japan, has set the premiere of the title on the local market on November 12, 2020. The coterie will appear simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch distribution platforms as well as in digital and boxed versions. For the game dedicated to personal computers and PS4 console, you can subscribe in the so-called preorder. EXNOA also deals with the distribution, localization and marketing of Coteries of New York in the Japanese market.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Coteries debuted in December 2019, first on PC, and in the following months also on all available consoles. On the day of its premiere in the Steam store, the game won the seventh place on the list of global bestsellers and in a few days it recovered all the costs invested by the company in its production and marketing. Currently, the project has 70 percent. positive feedback.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]In August, Draw Distance established a partnership with the Spanish publisher Professional Publishing SPL, S.L. As a result, BadLand Publishing, the company's publishing brand, will launch an exclusive boxed edition of two parts from the Vampire series: The Masquerade, Coteries of New York and Shadows of New York. The physical edition of the titles, enriched with additional collectibles, will be created in a version for PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC platforms.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]In the second quarter of this year. Draw Distance has generated over PLN 1.2 million of net sales revenues. This is a twice better result compared to the same period last year. From March to June, the company generated a net profit of less than PLN 0.4 million.[/UWSL]
[UWSL]About Draw Distance:[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Draw Distance (previously iFun4all) is an independent video game producer from Krakow, specializing in the production of multiplatform action-adventure titles. The company was founded in 2009, its largest shareholder is the Bloober Team capital group. The studio's most famous production is Serial Cleaner. The premiere of the continuation of the title - Serial Cleaners - was announced for 2021. In July, Draw Distance signed an agreement with Sony Pictures Television Inc., in which it granted the American producer the option to acquire the exclusive copyrights of the game. From September 2016, Draw Distance has been listed on the NewConnect market.[/UWSL]

Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Nice find, I was actually considering purchasing it before the new game launched.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I have not tried DDU yet. In the meantime, my belief is that my GPU will have to be replaced. Since my PC specs are old, I think I will simply settle with a cheap one, which will be bottle-necked by the rest of the PC anyway.

GTX 1050 Ti 4G is the 2nd most popular GPU on Steam:

Frame-rate should be much better than what I had.

And it is the 8th most sold GPU on Amazon, with the Amazon's Choice seal. Price is ~ 140 €, due to some 30 € discount there, which must boost the sales.

As usual when it comes to hardware, I expect everyone to tell me that I make a huge mistake. Maybe I should wait for Ampere in a week so that prices crash.

:kappa:
I'd look at an rx570 and 580. Hell, even a used rx 470 or 480. All are better than the 1050TI and used RX cards are a steal atm.

I hate 'GAMER' motherboards. I really do. Hate isnt actually a strong enough word. GTFO with these plastic shroud over everything designs.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Those mechas are coming

I watched 46 seconds, wondering if this was a game changer, could we save lives, help works and how much that must cost.
Then the guy talked about turning those into a sport and I nopped at lightspeed.

Reactions: QFNS

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'd look at an rx570 and 580. Hell, even a used rx 470 or 480. All are better than the 1050TI and used RX cards are a steal atm.

I hate 'GAMER' motherboards. I really do. Hate isnt actually a strong enough word. GTFO with these plastic shroud over everything designs.
I'll be honest, that all off-white look i find a lot better than black/gunmetal grey and extreme red with rgb everywhere that most 'gamer boards' tends to have - even if the plastic shrouds everywhere can be a bit much.

I watched 46 seconds, wondering if this was a game changer, could we save lives, help works and how much that must cost.
Then the guy talked about turning those into a sport and I nopped at lightspeed.
Yep, this is 2020, mech sports league cannot be allowed, it will only lead to bad things

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Tried The Touryst on game pass and Im not really liking it so far (about 20 min in).

Game is rather boring, not a big fan of the graphic style and the objectives feels like some sort of MMO fetch quests.
I enjoyed it quite a bit and found the objectives reasonably varied (it's also too short to really get repetitive), but YMMV.

Now, what actually got me to almost give up on the game were some of the platforming sequences, which can get extremely frustrating given how difficult it is to judge height and depth from an isometric perspective. Still managed to beat it, though.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'll be honest, that all off-white look i find a lot better than black/gunmetal grey and extreme red with rgb everywhere that most 'gamer boards' tends to have - even if the plastic shrouds everywhere can be a bit much.
Yup. I really like the look of it and as it's a water-cooled board it'll look gorgeous when all connected up. If i was on Intel platform i'd go for that mobo and as much white componentry as i could afford together with red cabling and call it the "White Mage". I'd even think about getting my avatar painted on the side of the tempered glass side panel. heh.

After 30 odd years of beige boxes i'm fine with a bit of colour in my PC even if i'm not one for the aggressive gamer look on some cases.

Reactions: warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
if i'd known i was getting a white case at the start of my current build i'd have gone for more white accents with my pc parts but some minor led had to suffice. my last pc was very much cobbled together at the lowest price and shortest amount of time which meant a lot of the red/black gamer look and i honestly kinda hated the look even if i did like the performance.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
if i'd known i was getting a white case at the start of my current build i'd have gone for more white accents with my pc parts but some minor led had to suffice. my last pc was very much cobbled together at the lowest price and shortest amount of time which meant a lot of the red/black gamer look and i honestly kinda hated the look even if i did like the performance.
I know this should be in PC Hardware thread but my last case was a Fractal Design Refine and i really liked the inauspicious white enamel box look. I went with a white Lian-Li Dynamic case this time and i'm really enjoying the change to something more visual. It's why i'd love to splurge on matching colour components.

Reactions: warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
I know this should be in PC Hardware thread but my last case was a Fractal Design Refine and i really liked the inauspicious white enamel box look. I went with a white Lian-Li Dynamic case this time and i'm really enjoying the change to something more visual. It's why i'd love to splurge on matching colour components.
those dynamic cases are real nice but with my new desk i store the pc underneath so i can't see much of it lol. i ended up getting an nzxt h500 on clearance. kinda glad i did cause the new version of that case has one less external usb and a combined mic/headphone port.

other than some stickers and bits of led i keep it simple inside, though some white ram would have been nice in hindsight

Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tell Me Why, Control, Wasteland 3 and Ancestors tommorrow.

I'll try out Wasteland 3 and Tell Me Why for a few min on game pass before deciding if I should buy them now or wait for a sale.

Reactions: Tomasety

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Online classes are hard to do well. We learned a few weeks ago that we have to do all of our teaching online for the upcoming semester and it really requires a lot of extra effort.

It's hard enough at the university level, I have no idea how teachers are supposed to meaningfully teach younger kids in such a setting for a prolonged period of time.
It’s literally up to the parents. It’s basically home schooling with a tiny bit of extra resources (online resources). We even have to buy our own supplies like teachers. (I’m a parent with a kid starting a virtual school program)

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
White accents are so popular they’re getting hard to avoid. My build is startlingly white and that’s without trying at all.

I’m waiting for wood paneling to come back personally.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Demo available

RELEASE DATE: Q4 2021
I feel like indie devs should stop doing this.

One year is still a very long way to go for an indie game development, lots of changes can be made and improved. A demo of a very old build might be risky as people may write off the game entirely based on the demo impressions. I've tried quite a bunch of demos and if I'm not impressed I immediately put the game off my whistlist/unfollow.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I feel like indie devs should stop doing this.

One year is still a very long way to go for an indie game development, lots of changes can be made and improved. A demo of a very old build might be risky as people may write off the game entirely based on the demo impressions. I've tried quite a bunch of demos and if I'm not impressed I immediately put the game off my whistlist/unfollow.
They're removing the demo in a few weeks it seems. It might be a nice way to gain a bit of buzz.

Reactions: texhnolyze
Status
Not open for further replies.