Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

The roadmap has been updated
As you can see, the timing of future chapters has been changed. Chapter VI:The God’s Herald is planned for November 2020, chapter VII: A Message From Beyond should come out Q1 2021, and the final chapter VIII: The Ascent will release Spring 2021. We dedicated a lot of time to polishing for the Beta release, now we’re back focusing on more content updates!

Pre-orders for PS4 physical copy are open!
You were asking for it and we can finally answer. The game will be available as a physical release in selected countries, with PS4 pre-orders now open for the US ! To confirm it once again, the console version for both PS4 & Xbox One will be released in Spring 2021 at the same time as the final release of the game.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Really happy for Fall Guys. I didn't even know the game existed until a few days after release. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it, but it looked interesting so I watched some streams and decided to buy it on a whim. Five of my friends followed in the next two days and we've been having lots of fun since then. It's a really good game to take a break from more serious and competitive stuff, since even if we get angry when playing it, it's the "laughing" kind of angry and not the one that leaves you unable to sleep since you constantly think about your mistakes that made you lose a one hour game by two rounds :p (CS:GO and Valorant). The whole endearing atmosphere does wonders for the game imo (I especially like the soundtrack).

Reactions: MegaApple and ISee

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
After seeing some of you mentioning the reviews for wasteland 3 I went to check a couple of them out and I can't believe how terrible the UI of this game is. The font & color are painful to read and the size of the text is way too big, the camera is just too zoomed in for the amount of info on display, plus the data is dispersed and loose over the characters and the biggest sin of all, at least for me, is having a cRPG with a console interface, so all I see is endless menus and submenus with big text and huge scrollbars... I know this is supperficial stuff but presentation and functionality are a huge asset for something that expects to be played for 5o or 60h.

Appart from that it looks ok-ish. Cause & effect seems to be a huge part of the game, which is great, but the combat and rpg systems seem very shallow at first glance.

I keep being a non-believer in this game.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
With The Last Campfire either skipping steam, or just pretending to, I think I know what I'm picking up:

Also, Im not trusting any Steam sales site any more. SteamSpy was off with like 5 millions and Playtracker is at 2.5m owners.
I think it's really tough to guess when it's a game that's as popular as that. The Reviews x 50/60 thing was pretty spot on, though.

Reactions: prudis and lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Indie games showcase from ASH, and dev streams for all

Reactions: Pommes

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
inXile has to go create a good game and see it through before I will buy their products again. I even am a defender of Torment: Tides of Numenera, but that game had tons of issues as well.

Reactions: kio

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Didn't previous CoDs get Humbled pretty quick?

WIll wait for that to play the campaign.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wish they could start selling campaign, mp and zombies separately or in bundles.

Or maybe they have an interest in doing that, it's just that the Battle.net backend doesn't support it. :p

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Also, Im not trusting any Steam sales site any more. SteamSpy was off with like 5 millions and Playtracker is at 2.5m owners.
Funny thing is while I was a bit skeptical about Simon Carles "guessestimation" method, it gets probably the most accurate value to current game sales due to playing with a wide threshold range value between 20-60.

Using max value(60) gives an overstimation on sales ~7.775.000. Avg value gets similar result as Steamspy.

My advice would be, just don't stress out much on sales estimations.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
xinek Breeeeeeeeh
The new update to Monster Train is offering more neat offensive tactics now
This game is offering a lot of good shit atop the 300 hours I'd put into it thus far.
I stopped playing for a bit in anticipation of new stuff coming -- guess it's time to get back into practice for the 3rd! I'm still bad, but it's just so addictive ...

Reactions: lashman

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019

Indie games showcase from ASH, and dev streams for all
Why have I never heard of Application Systems Heidelberg? Curios :thinking-face:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I wish they could start selling campaign, mp and zombies separately or in bundles.

Or maybe they have an interest in doing that, it's just that the Battle.net backend doesn't support it. :p
In the BNet client, they have drop-down menus for games, like for WOW you can choose between PTR, PTR Classic, Classic, and the regular version. Similiar thing should be possible for COD, why not?

Unrelated, BNet should implement an option to remove COD games from the sidebar. You always see all the games that Actiblizz has released there, regardless if own them or not.

Reactions: ISee

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Good luck with the $70 thing, video game industry. I'll be over there, sitting on top of my dragon hoard backlog, patiently waiting for discounts and price cuts.
$70 CoD is for cross-gen version, which gives you both current- and next-gen version of the game. It's unknown how much next-gen version itself will cost. On PC it's still $60 or equivalent.

Reactions: Tomasety and warp_

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already but Billibilli (Holo Live) are launching Fall Guys for mobile in China.

Sooooooo.... Fall Guys has been downloaded 20 million times on PS4 because of PS+. So if people had to buy it, how many people do you think would have purchased it?

Also PC is popular in Japan and that's how streamers play there. Including Taro

Reactions: MegaApple and ISee

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
7 million for Fall Guys in 21 days time is most certainly a record for a 20$ indie game.

It will probably be 10 million after a month.

And yea you know Tim wants to buy the game so badly just to take it off Steam like they are doing with Rocket League.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
$80 on PS4/X1/PC, $90 on PS5/X1X here.

Hopefully PC doesnt join the $90 club.
It's CAD and not USD though, right? It's worth 1/4 less, so it's not surprising that it's $80. You can already pre-order it on PC and it's 60 Euros here, so I assume it's $80 for you as well.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
It's CAD and not USD though, right? It's worth 1/4 less, so it's not surprising that it's $80. You can already pre-order it on PC and it's 60 Euros here, so I assume it's $80 for you as well.
Yep. $80CAD is the normal price for games here (unfortunately). Glad PC doesn't seem to be affected (yet) by the next gen price hike.

Reactions: Tomasety

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Yep. $80CAD is the normal price for games here (unfortunately). Glad PC doesn't seem to be affected (yet) by the next gen price hike.
As I've already said, it's not known whether CoD has a next-gen price hike, since there's no next-gen version available for purchase yet. You can buy current-gen version for $60 which will run on next-gen too via backwards compatibility or cross-gen version for $70 which includes both current- and next-get version of the game (the latter probably having ray-tracing and other big graphical enhancements). We don't know how much a next-gen only version will cost.

Reactions: Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Giving a shit about COD in 2020 🤮
I stopped playing for a bit in anticipation of new stuff coming -- guess it's time to get back into practice for the 3rd! I'm still bad, but it's just so addictive ...
New update goes up next week.
Take new Green Champ+Purple magic and incant all day, every day.

Reactions: xinek

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

As I've already said, it's not known whether CoD has a next-gen price hike, since there's no next-gen version available for purchase yet. You can buy current-gen version for $60 which will run on next-gen too via backwards compatibility or cross-gen version for $70 which includes both current- and next-get version of the game (the latter probably having ray-tracing and other big graphical enhancements). We don't know how much a next-gen only version will cost.

The Standard Edition for PS5 and Xbox Series X (MSRP $69.99 USD). Note that the Xbox Series X Standard edition includes an Xbox One copy of the game.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Microsoft is already selling their games at console prices here in Europe. It's only a matter of time before other publishers will follow.
Unfortunately that's true and remains to see if other publishers follow this trend. I believe this is not the time for a base price increase due to the worldwide economic situation caused by covid.
From an ethical point of view I believe it's not right. At least in my country, Spain, the unemployment rate (15.6%) is on the top of EU and will keep increasing due to our excessive dependence on tourism.

Reason: typos
Status
Not open for further replies.