Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
It still boggles my mind how Microsoft managed to completely botch the basic process of downloading and installing a game. Truly embarrassing for a huge software company.
I still don't know how both Epic and MS managed to fuck up that much on a technical level with their PC gaming platforms.

I don't like either of those companies (as you all know), but I'll readily admit that both certainly have some good engineers.

It feels like the leadership in both decided that PC gaming is only worth putting a team of interns on, with a manager who only has a faint idea what PC gaming is, and a small budget.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm keeping my expectation in check in terms of SEGA's news. Probably just a new reel of Yakuza 7's gameplay and not much else. :dana_bed:
I agree. No other Yakuza news until 7 is out. The sega announcement will be something else, like PSO2, Sakura Wars or other stuff.

Reactions: Kvik

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Control price watch: Voidu has lowered the price further, making it €23,79 (with the 15% off 'ggdeals' coupon). We're almost in 50% off territory.

Mmmm. I love competition.
funny how competition always starts when game is in certain platform. :coffee-blob:
I agree. No other Yakuza news until 7 is out. The sega announcement will be something else, like PSO2, Sakura Wars or other stuff.
IF IT'S NOT SAKURA WARS PC I WILL BLAME YOU :evilblob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Sims issue solved. Needed to launch Origin in admin mode.
But hey, I'm not in the fucking mood anymore. Especially now that each time I launch Origin I get nagged that it is in compatibility mode, and after seeing the official forums with 1200+ pages of issues.

To be fair and without the slightest will to be condescending, I can imagine a game as hugely popular may have more casual users, less tech-savvy, but 1200 pages is mind-boggling. Basically I'm 'problem kinda solved, what next ?'

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
IF IT'S NOT SAKURA WARS PC I WILL BLAME YOU :evilblob:
Safely speaking I am the biggest fan of Sakura Wars on this forum (been a fan of the series since two decades ago). Every time Sega being mentioned for a show, my brain is like "please SEGA please release it on PC please please please just announce it goddamnit!". You can blame me, but I did my best to beg / wish / coerce Sega to port it (inside my brain). 🤣

Edit: BTW, good excuse to post the opening movie. :cat-heart-blob:

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
It's 2020 and Wasteland 3 is an RPG and has a crap save system.
No option to save after the first fight because it was greyed out, making me assume it must have an after-battle autosave, Closed the game because I'm busy and that's what people that are busy do. When I go back later on I have to start over again because of course it didn't save - and what madness would a reasonable save system be. There's also no multiple quick-saves either which really fucking pissed me off a little later as well.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
So, where are the demos in the Indie Arena Booth? Wanted to look for the Tunic demo but I haven't found it

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
This is the standard reply from them for all "will XYZ be there?" questions. Their PR people almost definitely don't know jack shit about what's going to be shown.
Someone with a twitter account, please ask about Victoria 3, Jagged Alliance 3, Civilization 7, Elder Scrolls 6, Akte Europa 2, Minecraft on Steam.

would REALLY like to see if they also reply with stay tuned.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I might be mistaken, but I think I read that since everything links to Origin anyway, including the Steam version, you can mix and match the Steam version with DLC you own on Origin. Can anyone confirm this?
Thinking about it, I suppose the Steam version will have the same issue.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
You all with your Yakuza port talk ... no way I'm falling for it again. My mental health can't take it.

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
I might be mistaken, but I think I read that since everything links to Origin anyway, including the Steam version, you can mix and match the Steam version with DLC you own on Origin. Can anyone confirm this?
Thinking about it, I suppose the Steam version will have the same issue.
if you gets sims on steam you have access to all the dlc you bought on origin.

sidenote: according to the sims player i know, the best way to get sims dlc is with the "build a bundle" on origin which also goes on sale semi-regularly.

Reactions: Li Kao

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm waiting for that to play CoS3 lol, will bingeplay them back-to-back
Have been playing CS2 lately (and very jealous of my friends who are playing the latest Hajime no Kiseki since yesterday). 🙁

I will probably start CS3 early 2021 in order to reduce the time gap till CS4.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I still don't know how both Epic and MS managed to fuck up that much on a technical level with their PC gaming platforms.

I don't like either of those companies (as you all know), but I'll readily admit that both certainly have some good engineers.

It feels like the leadership in both decided that PC gaming is only worth putting a team of interns on, with a manager who only has a faint idea what PC gaming is, and a small budget.
I'm going to go out on a limb here but based on what I have seen of corporate culture, I would wager that is because they don't give a single damn about consumers. It's all about quarterly goals, about politics and their own skin. Entertaining such idealism as doing a good job is probably openly mocked.

Given the size of the market and just how much money can be made in it, this self-destructive and low-effort attitude really deserves the kind of results it gets.

Last edited:

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com

This games great! (ill never not read it as ashtray though!)

It feels like a more accessible Rain World. I thought it was by the same dev as it has a similar look and feel.
MO: Astray is one of the best games of 2019 that nobody played.

To quote myself from my review last year,

Mo: Astray is an impressively engaging game developed by a team of students that resurfaces fond memories of some of the greatest adventure puzzle games of all time.

It didn't remind me of Rain World, thankfully. I think this year's Carrion has a similar aesthetic and feel, but you're a good alien rather than a "bad" one.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

never had a problem with windows store or xbox app, though i guess they are the same thing just reskinned. maybe i'm just lucky?
It might as well be a dice roll. I've just finished Ori 2 (amazing game!) and had no problem. I've also played ReCore and a bunch of other stuff last year and it was fine. But it completely and utterly crapped itself when I tried installing PSO2 before it came out on Steam.

Reactions: ISee

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
It might as well be a dice roll. I've just finished Ori 2 (amazing game!) and had no problem. I've also played ReCore and a bunch of other stuff last year and it was fine. But it completely and utterly crapped itself when I tried installing PSO2 before it came out on Steam.
yeah pso2 seemed to be broken for everyone. i never actually tried it out so maybe i dodged a bullet there. flight sim did give me some trouble but that was in the game launcher. the launcher crashed at about 50% downloaded and reset me to 0%.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Loving Control.
Not a fan of the map and even tracked missions have non-existent pointers. Following the abundant signs are fine and I think the intended way, but some frustrations are there with various blockages they put in the way etc. But, yeah. Love the game.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Between Control raytracing and Flight Simulator screenshots I suddenly really want the new GPUs. [UWSL]:cryblob:[/UWSL]
---

Btw, I'm playing Battletoads and the game is actually not bad. Sadly, it's made much less enjoyable by a few "who the hell thought this was a good idea" moments.

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

never had a problem with windows store or xbox app, though i guess they are the same thing just reskinned. maybe i'm just lucky?
Same.

Ok, not entirely true. State of Decay 2 gave me massive issues a month or so ago, had to reinstall it on multiple nights.

So change it to, mostly works on my machine.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018

If you have a W10 game installed on anything else other than C:, make sure to uninstall it via Windows Apps & Features!

I reinstalled Windows 10 the other day and when I tried to delete my old installation of Flight Simulator-installation on D:, I had no permissions to do so. 180GB are just sitting there, unaccessible and unremovable. :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Btw, I'm playing Battletoads and the game is actually not bad. Sadly, it's made much less enjoyable by a few "who the hell thought this was a good idea" moments.
Does it retain it's brutal difficulty like the old nes and snes games (i sucked at them)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
If you have a W10 game installed on anything else other than C:, make sure to uninstall it via Windows Apps & Features!

I reinstalled Windows 10 the other day and when I tried to delete my old installation of Flight Simulator-installation on D:, I had no permissions to do so. 180GB are just sitting there, unaccessible and unremovable. :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:
Look for a tool called RunAsTI or something similar, it'll help you elevate to TrustedInstaller so you can delete the folder.

Reactions: warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
never had that uninstall issue either...very strange. i wonder if it's cause i turned off delivery optimization? i believe that setting modifies some things with windows update and ms store downloads.

i remember seeing a tip about that a while ago to fix storage issues with w10 but not any actual details beyond that lol

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

it's possible to remove it, but you have to manually give yourself admin permissions to the directories using some really stupid methods or what EdwardTivrusky said.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
MO: Astray is one of the best games of 2019 that nobody played.

It didn't remind me of Rain World, thankfully. I think this year's Carrion has a similar aesthetic and feel, but you're a good alien rather than a "bad" one.
I think its just the pixelly art style and that you squeeze into those vent tunnels which was reminding me. Im really enjoying it. Done 2 chapters today.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Permissions have always been a little messy in every OS in history, but the way they are handled in Windows really make you feel like you're a second class citizen on your own machine. Those problems are circumventable today, but only because you can escalate in such a way as to get rid of the files. The thought it a little chilling when applied to things that you couldn't just remedy by booting on another OS, such as decryption or execution.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Just finished the first chapter of Tell Me Why.

So far I've got nothing negative to say. I mean, nothing new... I explore every single thing in these games so LET ME RUN! :confounded-face:

Oh also, the game is really pretty. I know it's not some super technically awesome game, but I'd love to have a photomode in these games. Actually... in all 3D games :coffee-blob:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Just finished the first chapter of Tell Me Why.

So far I've got nothing negative to say. I mean, nothing new... I explore every single thing in these games so LET ME RUN! :confounded-face:

Oh also, the game is really pretty. I know it's not some super technically awesome game, but I'd love to have a photomode in these games. Actually... in all 3D games :coffee-blob:
i just got into the house ... and i already LOVE it! :D

Reactions: Milena

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
So I was messing around with various games to decide what to play next, and so far I have found out that:

• Shadow of Mordor doesn't support DS4 natively
  • .hack/GU Last recode hates my ds4 as without steam controller support enabled the ds4 buttons layout doesn't correspond to the xbox one layout ( O =/= B), if I enable steam controller support for DS4 it has some weird issues with buttons (d pad in particular)
  • FF9 with the moguri mod instealled makes my DS4 go bonkers (known issue, but you never know...)
  • WOF doesn't support DS4 natively

Divinity: Original Sin EE does support DS4, I guess we have a winner! (either that or it's time to play TMS #FE)

Reactions: QFNS and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.