Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Installed Control Ultimate and it is bringing my computer to its knees.

I have a 1070 and am only doing 1080p, but whew boy. Ray tracing instantly brings the framerate under 30 (expected), on High Settings I can almost get 60 all the time (its closer to 50-55). If I turn down the MSAA I can get 60ish. However I haven't gotten into a big combat yet, so uh... not sure that's going to hold either LOL.

I'm sad the DLSS features are locked behind requiring a RTX card since that technology seems like it would help a lot on a mid level system. I don't want to shell out 300+ for a RTX card, but alas. Medium settings seem to run quite well though.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Windbound reviews.. seem pretty mixed. Some liked it, the others hated it.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Had a real gaming night yesterday!

First some Remnant: From the Ashes. Made my way to the Root Mother and saved her. Still really liking this game.

Then, on to the main event: Control on Steam!
Really liking the vibes in this one! And the photo mode is great! Will definitely be capturing a lot of screenshots when playing!

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Oh god, the 3D models are worse than those in Shin Sakura Wars. Please don't be a smartphone game.

Edit: Apple Store and Google Play giftcard giveaway. Well, case close. Sorry for going off-topic😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Kvik

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Almost 1 month ago, The Cycle's package got its first update after 7 months, a simple tag addition and reorganization which meant that the game was getting updates or at the very least, the page.

28 days later, The Cycle page is restored and has a release date for Steam (currently EGS) that is Q4 2020 :evilblob:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
RTX off

RTX on

/flies away with a substantial cash check from Nvidia for improving Ampere sales by 1000000%

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Breh
I didn't even play the first game yet XD
Ah that's cool, will get the DLC during a sale and likely start it.
So the jingoism of Call of Duty, and my dislike of the series hit a new level having just watched the trailer for the new game. They've always tried to paper over American interventions and imperialism as a bad thing to some degree with the plots since 4, but good god to use Ronald fucking Reagan, one of the US' worst presidents to make it seem moral and heroic to commit war crimes... Just disgusting.

Are there any other feeds or threads or youtube channels of just trailers i can watch? I need to bleach that shit from my mind before it bothers me more than writing this post. Anyone have any suggestions?
Speaking of Reagan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
RTX on

RTX off

/flies away with a substantial cash check from Nvidia for improving Ampere sales by 1000000%
Did I wooosh the joke or did you mix up your links ? RTX off is on, isn't it ?

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Not a confirmation, not a reputable source (obviously), but at least the original image filename looks legit. Something to think about I guess. Officially, Sega only has Humankind gameplay reveal scheduled, but there are a bunch of unannounced reveals in Gamescom's schedule, so...

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Not a confirmation, not any reputable source (obviously), but at least the original image filename looks legit. Something to think about I guess. Officially, Sega only has Humankind gameplay reveal scheduled, but there are a bunch of unannounced reveals in Gamescom's schedule, so...

why would the gamescom organization know what's getting announced by sega? xd

still.

HYPE!!!!!!!!! :dualbladesblob::dualbladesblob::dualbladesblob::blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
why would the gamescom organization know what's getting announced by sega? xd

still.

HYPE!!!!!!!!! :dualbladesblob::dualbladesblob::dualbladesblob::blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:
There are a bunch of "Unannounced Game - Trailer Reveal " in the schedule, surely Gamescom knows what's actually shown then, right? Last year some German influencer/streamer's schedule had Yakuza 3 in it which led people to speculate that 3-5 remasters will be announced for the West, and that was exactly the case.

• Hug
  • Eyes
Reactions: Kvik and Mor

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
RTX off

RTX on

The reflections are the in-your-face thing, but I find the improvements in lighting at least as exciting.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
There are a bunch of "Unannounced Game - Trailer Reveal " in the schedule, surely Gamescom knows what's actually shown then, right? Last year some German influencer/streamer's schedule had Yakuza 3 in it which led people to speculate that 3-5 remasters will be announced for the West, and that was exactly the case.
Sorry, what I meant is "why would they tease any announcement at all"

Totally mixed my words, sorry :blobclosecry:

Reactions: Tomasety

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
The reflections are the in-your-face thing, but I find the improvements in lighting at least as exciting.

Absolutely.
The illumination in the room to the right is different, the door to the left is getting light from a "new" source, Jesse's jacket is reflecting light, the railing in front of the scene is more accurate, even the portrait in the room to the right is reflecting room detials. There is so much more going on, it would take a good paragraph to note everything down.

In short the ray traced scene feels like there is a source of light behind the camera.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Not a confirmation, not a reputable source (obviously), but at least the original image filename looks legit. Something to think about I guess. Officially, Sega only has Humankind gameplay reveal scheduled, but there are a bunch of unannounced reveals in Gamescom's schedule, so...

Wasn’t the PS4 version of 3-5 also announced at Gamescon?

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
And the second, third, fourth, ... :loudly-crying-face:

Last night I started Tell Me Why, I think I'm almost at the end of the first Episode, given the collectibles listed in the menu.
Yep, it's a Dontnod game. Very pleasing graphically, good music, powers and tragedy :coffee-blob:

So far I'm intrigued by the mistery. The twins are relatable, but, compared to the first Life is Strange, there's been few interactions so far with other characters. It reminded me more of Life is Strange 2, with the focus on the relationship between the 2 brothers.

I'm expecting something terrible to happen soon, it's been too chill so far...

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Wasn’t the PS4 version of 3-5 also announced at Gamescon?
Yep, last year, by RGG themselves.

The segments during which an unannounced title reveal is scheduled:
  • Friday
    • 9 am PT / 6 pm CEST​
    • 1:30 pm PT / 10:30 pm CEST​
  • Saturday
    • 10 am PT / 7 pm CEST​
    • 10:30 am PT / 7:30 pm CEST​
    • 11 am PT / 8 pm CEST​

Reactions: QFNS and Arsene

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Where can I find this schedule with the "unannounced game" slots you're talking about? Thanks

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
There's also Future Games Show today and Sega will be there.

Oooh, this is interesting. Considering we've already seen a lot of Y7 and Humankind reveal is scheduled for another time, this has a high chance of having a port announcement.

Reactions: Cacher

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
There's also Future Games Show today and Sega will be there.

"We're excited to announce that we have nothing to announce for anything at this time. Please stay tuned. Here is also 8 seconds of gameplay from Persona 5 Scrable because why not while we're here".

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
"We're excited to announce that we have nothing to announce for anything at this time. Please stay tuned. Here is also 8 seconds of gameplay from Persona 5 Scrable because why not while we're here".
I think Atlus would be listed as an attender if it was about their IP.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

has a sale happening. Diablo + Hellfire is 15% off.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Reactions: ISee

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Where is the $4.2 billion revenue estimate for EGS coming from? Epic itself announced that total revenue (including Fortnite) was $680 million.

Maybe they meant the entirety of Epic?
Yup.

In 2019, Epic Games reported $4.2 billion in revenue and $730 million in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA, a key measure of profitability)

).

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Where is the $4.2 billion revenue estimate for EGS coming from? Epic itself announced that total revenue (including Fortnite) was $680 million.

Maybe they meant the entirety of Epic?
According to the tweet picture it comes from "New Breukelen" estimation based on public company reports. I think the revenue is just about the tax cut nothing else involved there.

Reactions: Alexandros

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Could someone help me out here please?
Humble has a sale on EA games, can someone check and see for me what the sale price is for A way out?

Status
Not open for further replies.