Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!

Frog Fractions: Game of the Decade Edition

The classic web game, reborn! Enjoy this remaster in glorious 4k resolution!

In Frog Fractions, the player controls a frog sitting on a lily pad. The frog must use its tongue to attack oncoming insects and protect its fruit, in the vein of Missile Command. Between waves of bug attacks, the player can purchase upgrades such as lock-on targeting, a cybernetic brain, and a flying dragon.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout flings hordes of contestants together online in a mad dash through round after round of escalating chaos until one victor remains! Battle bizarre obstacles, shove through unruly competitors, and overcome the unbending laws of physics as you stumble towards greatness. Leave your dignity at the door and prepare for hilarious failure in your quest to claim the crown!

Massive Online Pandemonium: Dive into a series of ridiculous challenges and wild obstacle courses with masses of other competitors online, all with the hopes of making the cut and advancing to the next round of mayhem.

Competitive & Cooperative: Shift between competitive free-for-alls and cooperative challenges where the losing team all get eliminated!

Comically Physical: Watch in delight as your fellow competitors bend, bounce, and bash their way to hilarious, physics-based failure!

Delightfully Customizable: Fail in style with everything from fashionable pineapple couture to the latest in bunny hats available to customize your look in Fall Guys.

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition

EARTH IS OURS NO MORE

Experience Aloy’s entire legendary quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by deadly Machines.

An outcast from her tribe, the young hunter fights to uncover her past, discover her destiny… and stop a catastrophic threat to the future.

Unleash devastating, tactical attacks against unique Machines and rival tribes as you explore an open world teeming with wildlife and danger.

And don't forget to check out @Horizon Queen's OT!

Popup Dungeon

A strange being, referring to itself as “The Wizard,” has issued humanity a challenge in the form of this game. It is accompanied by a letter which reads:

To the able minds of Earth,

What I am is not important; what I do is important. I challenge beings in contests that play to their greatest strength, and now I’ve come for you.

Put down your wearisome weapons, cast off your boorish bodies, and draw humanity’s sharpest blade: creativity. Wield it against mine, if you dare.

You will learn that the difference between fact and fiction is the power to decide which is which. This power I freely grant to you, so that you may pit the mightiest heroes, the most powerful legends, or anything else you can wring from that skull-stuffing you call a brain against me. I await you atop my tower.

You may lose as often as you’ll tolerate. But worry not, I threaten no violence; however when I win – and I will win – your creativity shall be my trophy. Without it, humanity is surely doomed to a dim end. But no pressure… after all, it’s just a game.

Serious Sam 4

Humanity is under siege as the full force of Mental’s hordes spread across the world, ravaging what remains of a broken and beaten civilization. The last remaining resistance to the invasion is the Earth Defense Force led by Sam “Serious” Stone and his heavily-armed squad of misfit commandos.

Croteam returns with a high-powered prequel to the Serious Sam series that scales up chaos to unprecedented levels. The classic Serious Sam formula is revamped by putting an unstoppable arsenal up against an unimaginable number of enemies that requires players to circle-strafe and backpedal-blast their way out of impossible situations.

The iconic cast of alien invaders returns with some new reinforcements! Fight your way through unbelievable numbers of Mental's minions including the iconic Headless Kamikaze, Beheaded Rocketeer, Kleer, Scrapjack, Werebull, and Khnum! Square off against brand new enemies and towering monsters like the frantic Processed, repulsive Belcher, the hard-hitting Zealot, and more.

Armed with a slew of devastating weapons, pick your tool for any situation. Lay waste to Mental's Horde using the powerful double-barreled shotgun, the punishing minigun, the powerful chainsaw launcher, a brand new auto shotgun, and the iconic cannon. Upgrade your toys, and enjoy the violent beauty of the lock-on rocket launcher, and the mighty laser beam of death.

Smash through the action-packed campaign with friends in 4-player online co-op mode! Tackle exciting primary missions and thrilling side quests in modified difficulties for an extra challenge.

Serious Sam 4 unleashes some of the biggest moments in the series’ history with the new Legion System and battlefields teeming with thousands of enemies!

Shitty Regional Pricing Simulator

From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and accurate aircraft in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Test your piloting skills against the challenges of night flying, real-time atmospheric simulation and live weather in a dynamic and living world. Create your flight plan to anywhere on the planet. Microsoft Flight Simulator includes 20 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 30 hand-crafted airports.

Remnant: From the Ashes - Subject 2923

In a brand-new continuation of the Remnant: From the Ashes story, meet unexpected allies, traverse unfamiliar zones and dimensions, and overcome new threats to save your world. Complete new quests and conquer unique bosses to acquire additional gear, increasing your chances of surviving the rugged wilderness of Earth and beyond, as you aim to put an end to the Root and restore humanity.

Discover the origins of ‘The Dreamers’ and how they connect to the dreaded Root in this brand-new campaign – continuing the story of Remnant: From the Ashes with an expedition to Ward Prime, and several other new locations.

From rural lands and an abandoned military base on ruined Earth, to the frosty and unforgiving heights of the mountainous world of Reisum, take on intense new challenges and continue your fight for survival

Outfit your character in order to survive these dangerous new experiences - choosing from a host of new weapons and modifications, new armor sets and skins, and new trinkets

New threats emerge in Survival and Adventure mode, as monsters, dungeons, and bosses from Reisum are added to the rotation - while Hardcore Mode receives a suite of new rewards. Access to Survival mode requires the Swamps of Corsus DLC.

Train Sim World 2

The evolution of train simulation! Master iconic locomotives on high-speed services, long freight hauls or precise commuter traffic, and get creative with customisation tools in this advanced sequel. Climb into the cab in Train Sim World 2.

Drive high-speed inter-city German rail for the first time as you push the throttle and climb speeds in the famous DB ICE 3M out of Köln. Take on the challenge of hauling long freight across Sand Patch Grade including the Cumberland Terminal using the raw power of the CSX AC4400CW. Master the patterns and stations of the world-famous London Underground on the Bakerloo Line. All official licences, all authentically recreated – you're in the cab and in control.

Personalise Train Sim World 2 locos with the exclusive new Livery Designer - Create your own custom liveries with an easy to use in-game tool that allows you to craft both simple and complex designs to bring your Train Sim World 2 loco liveries to life. Customise how you play with the Scenario Planner - Create your own scenario. Customise locos and destinations, then jump in and get driving. Quick drive, your way.

The proprietary SimuGraph vehicle dynamics engine has evolved – adding realistic adhesion physics for the first time. Feel the wheelslip and wheelslide in adverse weather and the added challenge of control on steep inclines. Optimised and upgraded visual fidelity also gives Train Sim World 2 dynamic skies and 4K support.

Get clearer information on instructions, gradient and speed profiles as you drive, including new HUD displays, clarity to the onboard safety systems, brake controls, power meter and accelerometer. A new controller scheme will give great choices on Camera and Driving modes and allows easier access from external camera mode to enter another vehicle in your consist, all while full physics and simulation are still running.

Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time

Voiced by the original voice-actors, Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time is an action platform game that spans across time and space, where your actions will determine a new legend!

Team up with trusted allies from the show to face off against familiar enemies.

Visit classic worlds and moments from your favorite episodes. Travel to a dark future to free mankind. Dive into the past to face off against diabolical monsters. Seek your fate as you travel across space and time.

Equip and master over a dozen different weapons in combat. Increase your power even more by training and unlocking new skills to support your playstyle.

Tell Me Why

Tell Me Why is the latest narrative adventure game from DONTNOD Entertainment, the studio behind the beloved franchise, Life is Strange. In this intimate mystery, twins Tyler and Alyson Ronan use their supernatural bond to unravel the mysteries of their loving but troubled childhood in beautiful small-town Alaska.

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a third-person open world survival game where you Explore, Expand, and Evolve to advance your clan to the next generation in this exhilarating new adventure from Panache Digital Games.

Embark on the most incredible odyssey known to humankind: human evolution. Spanning from 10 million to 2 million years ago, begin your journey, before us, in Neogene period Africa. Explore a beautiful yet ruthless world, from swinging through tree branches in the jungle to stalking prey across the golden savannah grasslands. Decide what attributes to learn and hone in order to pass down knowledge to future generations, from crafting tools to enhancing evasive tactics against predators. Just like real life, make sure to eat, drink, and sleep to stay alive and have the energy to face any danger that may come your way.

Grow your clan and find strength in numbers as you progress through critical evolutionary stages of human evolution. Your choices will write your clan’s story and determine if you can survive your evolution.

Explore the never-before-experienced world of Neogene Africa starting 10 million years ago at the dawn of humankind. From the tops of tree canopies overlooking lush jungles to the golden grasslands of the savannah, traverse a beautiful yet unforgiving landscape. For every breath-taking view, beware of the weather, predators, and other dangers that threaten your survival.

Increase your chances of survival by uniting new members of your species and giving birth to future generations. Control different clan members, form bonds to create families, and work together to intimidate predators during expeditions. Conquer fear as you explore unknown locations in order to expand your territory.

See the physical and intellectual evolution of the first hominids as you explore, learn, and survive. Spanning from 10 million to 2 million years ago, play as one of the first hominids and evolve over the course of millions of years during key stages in human evolution. Make crucial discoveries and hone physical abilities that will be passed down to future generations such as Ardipithecus ramidus and Australopithecus.

Evolution was not written in stone. Your decisions shape how you will overcome obstacles, increase your species, and what knowledge will pass on to future generations. Focus on specific attributes or choose a more balanced approach to survival. Your clan’s ability to survive will be directly impacted by your choices, making each player’s experience unique.

Windbound

Shipwrecked alone on an uncharted island, explore, adapt and navigate the land and perilous seas to stay alive. As Kara, you are a warrior, caught at sea in a fierce storm, adrift from your tribe. Thrown from your boat, at the mercy of the turbulent waters, you are tossed on to the shores of the Forbidden Islands, a mysterious paradise.

With no boat, no food or tools, just the will and skill to survive, uncover this beautiful island’s rich resources. Craft tools and weapons to hunt and defend yourself against nature itself with its wild and fantastical creatures.

Whilst exploring further islands and the scattered ruins across their lands, secrets of the past and glimpses of the future are revealed. Unravel the mystery behind them all and you may find more than just your way home.

Embark on a personal journey and discover the history of the idyllic Forbidden Islands; each holding the key to a mystery and unexpected revelations.

Head towards the horizon, advancing across the islands, each with their own diverse wildlife, landscapes and challenges to face.

Scavenge the islands’ untamed terrain for resources that you can use to craft a full range of tools and weapons to hunt wildlife and upgrade your boat. You must set sail when resources become scarce.

Your boat is your key companion on this journey, carefully craft your own custom sailing vessel to take on the treacherous waters, traversing from one island to the next. Design your boat to battle tempestuous winds, monstrous waves, and deadly sea creatures."

Wasteland 3

In Wasteland 3 you take command of a squad of Desert Rangers, lawmen and women in a post-nuclear world, trying to rebuild society from the ashes. More than a century after the bombs fell, you’re fighting a losing battle to keep your beloved Arizona alive. Then the self-proclaimed Patriarch of Colorado radios, promising aid if you'll do a job he can only entrust to an outsider—rescue his land from the ambitions of his three bloodthirsty children.

You’re dispatched on a desperate quest from the scorching deserts to the snowy mountains to start from scratch, building a new base, finding a snow-worthy vehicle, training new recruits, and fighting your way through hostile frozen wastes. All the while, you'll have to decide who to trust in this land torn apart by corruption, intrigue, warring factions, crazed cultists, cutthroat gangs, and bitter sibling rivalries. Build a reputation for yourself by making decisions that will profoundly impact Colorado, its inhabitants and the story you experience. Will you be Colorado’s savior or its worst nightmare?

Wasteland 3 is a squad-based RPG from inXile entertainment, featuring challenging tactical turn-based combat and a deep, reactive story full of twists, turns, and brutal ethical decisions that will keep you hooked whether you’re a Wasteland veteran or new to the series. Create a squad of up to six Rangers and customize them with perks and abilities geared to your playstyle. You even get your own battle truck, which you can upgrade into a hardened war beast, bristling with weapons, to help mow down your enemies.

Control

A supernatural 3rd person action-adventure

After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, you become the new Director struggling to regain Control.

From developer Remedy Entertainment, this supernatural 3rd person action-adventure will challenge you to master the combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts, and reactive environments while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world.

Control is Jesse Faden's story. The main plot focuses on her personal search for answers as she grows into the role of the Director. The world of Control has its own story, as do the allies Jesse meets along the way. Side-quests and Secrets are everywhere. Jesse works with other Bureau agents, decodes cryptic ciphers and discovers strange Bureau experiments.

Explore diverse environments and shifting architecture in a deep unpredictable world, set within a sprawling New York building.

Define your playstyle by integrating supernatural abilities, upgrades, and modifiable loadouts.

Harness dynamic environmental destruction for exciting combat possibilities and master complex rituals to alter your surroundings.

Dive into a dark and brutalist-inspired world where daily reality has been corrupted by an otherworldly force.

Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum

Martian Memorandum is a dystopian cyberpunk/noir PC adventure game that was originally released in 1991 for PC. It was developed and published by Access Software. The game is the second in the series of Tex Murphy mysteries; its immediate sequel is Under a Killing Moon (which featured the return of a character introduced here, Lowell Percival). It is notable for its increased use of digitized human voices and digital "video" of human actors, playable even through a PC's internal speaker. The game play style is in the point-and-click adventure game style similar to that used in games made by Sierra Entertainment and others at the time.

DEATH STRANDING

Get the achievement: Growth of a Legend​

Complete at least 20 unique premium deliveries in each order category with an evaluation of "Legend of Legends" or "Legend of Legends of Legends"

People who have completed the challenge:​
  • no one yet​

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the [HIDETHANKS][/HIDETHANKS] tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Starting with Frog Fractions to kick off this month shows no tact whatsoever - which is perfect.
About as tactless as this Ludacris track, just goin right in

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Nabs

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Killer OP, lashman! Might go for the Death Stranding challenge later this month. Love the second rating, is there also a "Legend of Legend of Legend of Legends?"

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Killer OP, lashman! Might go for the Death Stranding challenge later this month. Love the second rating, is there also a "Legend of Legend of Legend of Legends?"
Yep, very hard. The achievement is under the other one though. Just ingame instead of LL it will say LLL. There are some changes but I don't think it makes combat that much harder, what it really does it make timefall destroy your cargo shell faster. TF won't damage the contents, unless it is a super storm.

I plan to do it on v. hard when I beat the game as you get to do w/e after you finish.

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
  • Love
Reactions: PossiblyPudding

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Excellent thread opener, as always!

This month will most likely be backlog games for me, as I just bought a "new" car (it's new to me!) and shouldn't spend much on games this month... if I can help myself. I'm sure I'll grab a bundle or ten...

Anyways, pretty excited for Horizon, Control if that releases this month, Chronicon final release, and still Death Stranding yet!

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
If anyone uses MS PowerToys, they added another cool feature: a screenwide color picker. Just press Win + Shift + C and you can get the popup that follows your cursor

Reactions: lashman

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Some great stuff coming this month! And what's probably no surprise to anyone I'm most likely there day one for nearly every co-op game. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Great work as always lashman! Really appreciate you putting these together every month and I'm sorry I haven't been around much to say that the past couple months. :photoblobheart:

Finally starting to feel like myself again so hopefully I'll be around more often!

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Great thread as always lashman! :photoblobheart:

Really looking forward to Tell Me Why. I played Life is Strange (+ BTS and 2) with my brother who came out as trans (FtM) a few weeks ago and we're planning on playing TMW together as well. We don't get to see each other in person often due to distance so this is a pretty special release for me.

We both really love LIS so we're really excited about this, especially since it hits so close to home. Hopefully, Dontnod can pull off another banger.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Great thread as always lashman! :photoblobheart:

Really looking forward to Tell Me Why. I played Life is Strange (+ BTS and 2) with my brother who came out as trans (FtM) a few weeks ago and we're planning on playing TMW together as well. We don't get to see each other in person often due to distance so this is a pretty special release for me.

We both really love LIS so we're really excited about this, especially since it hits so close to home. Hopefully, Dontnod can pull off another banger.
Getting to share games like that with someone you're close with is such a great experience. I hope that Tell Me Why delivers for you and your brother! :cat-heart-blob:

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I still remember the quicksand stage from Martian Memorandum. If you want to give the game a try, good luck.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thank you lashman for the awesome thread!

Now now, I need to control my spending this month. But don't worry, I have just discovered the funniest game on Steam: setting custom arts. It is so satisfying seeing that my library is well-organized!

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Nice thread as always lashman :cat-heart-blob:

This and the next months are going to be packed. Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza Like a Dragon, Crusader Kings 3 and others though not enough time.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.