Community MetaSteam | August 2021 - Openness Is Its Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

This article seems interesting, though I still haven't had the time to read it but by just skimming it seems to be well researched as it expected based on who is the author.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Lol, the tweet reads like Bugsnax was never on PC before.
I genuinely asked myself if it had. I knew it had come out because I remembered people discussing it but I thought maybe it was a Switch exclusive or something. Gotta love that EGS effect lol.

Reactions: xinek

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Anyone comment on what the single player campaign is like? Worth it just for that?
(i wouldn't play the MP).
I played it and actually enjoyed it. It's only couple of hours long ( like 6 hours maybe) but I didn't feel bored at any single point during my playthrough.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Anyone comment on what the single player campaign is like? Worth it just for that?
(i wouldn't play the MP).
it is very very average, like almost all the BF campaigns

Up to you I'd say for your tolerance on spending your time with mediocrity vs spending it on something else

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
How is Wrath Aeon of Ruin ? Looks like it’s planned for release soon.

Fluffpuff

Jul 20, 2021
I played like 10 minutes and I can already see that I'm going to love Paradise Killer. This is super weird in the beste possible way.
Also pretty
Loved Paradise Killer. I want more games like it where you're dropped into a familiar yet alien setting and a large part of the gameplay is learning how that world functions.

And that soundtrack :love:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Every time a read about some news (usually bad, in this case a bad new patch) about Star Citizen I cry a little inside.... All I wanted was a new Wing Commander 😢

And holy crap it's been almost 10 years. I'm now replaying very old games (Dead Space 2) and "remasters" (Mass Effect 3) of that time.

• This!
Reactions: ISee

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Jesus I will be all over these games. Those games are still very good in modern days. Just add some QOL stuff and they should be ready to go.

Also:
For fans who are more interested in other classic Rockstar games getting remastered and rereleased, sources tell me that Rockstar has plans to develop new ports of games like Red Dead Redemption. But the future of these remastered games depends on how well these initial re-releases sell.
RDR remake is pretty much guaranteed.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I wanted to continue Blasphemous but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go because I have no idea at where I am in the game. This is the major issue I have with metroidvanias if you don't keep playing them o_O
That's the thing I really like about Hollow Knight's map pins. If you're organized enough, it can get you back in the game after a few months off.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
That financial situation I mentioned has turned out to be less bad. Turns out unemployment can give me as much as I made while I was working!
Don't worry, I'm still employed. There's just no work. As soon as there is work, I'll be making Epic money. (Epic Systems, not Epic Games. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:)

In game news, uh... Ace Attorney's good! The Ascent on Gamepass was good enough for my BF to buy it so he can play on his own.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
I reached the midway point of Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force. Here's my reaction to the story:

The game suddenly does a 180, from a mostly light-heated and hilarious, sometimes a bit sad and dark little adventure to something very shocking (DONT click if you plan to play the game) one of the main female protags getting killed by someone, then the protag was sent back to the past in order to save her.

I went to wikipedia to check who is the writer... Well, it's Toshiki Inoue, who is the main writer of these:
  • Kamen Rider Kuuga (2000)
  • Kamen Rider Agito (2001-2002)
  • Kamen Rider Ryuki (2002)
  • Kamen Rider 555 (2003-2004)

Shit, this explains everything.

This may interest you, Gizmo

Hmm, adding to wishlist :blobnerd:.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised the writer made a game that went in that direction. The early Kamen Rider shows from the early 00's feel like borderline horror at times. Especially that Imperer scene in Ryuki, poor baby Imperer :despairblobbos:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Hmm, adding to wishlist :blobnerd:.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised the writer made a game that went in that direction. The early Kamen Rider shows from the early 00's feel like borderline horror at times. Especially that Imperer scene in Ryuki, poor baby Imperer :despairblobbos:
Yeah. Speaking of Karmen Rider, I started 555 yesterday after writing that post. Damn, this show is nightmare fuel.

• This!
Reactions: Routa

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Dodgeball Academia lets you fast forward through all the dialogue/cutscenes, so you can speedrun the game essentially. So good. Every game needs the ability to skip/ff this stuff.

Would have beaten the game in about half the time of the average, but I got stuck on a tough sidequest. Onto the next game :evilblob:

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Yeah. Speaking of Karmen Rider, I started 555 yesterday after writing that post. Damn, this show is nightmare fuel.
That sounds about right :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I haven't finished Faiz, probably only saw the first 10-15 episodes before I got sidetracked by something, but I love his suit.

:frogheart:

Also, Lost Heroes 2 included Ultraman Ginga and the theme

His song is a fucking jam :birbwiggle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.