Community MetaSteam | August 2021 - Openness Is Its Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Nah, I'mma fucking say it, if this is "unforgettable" then there are some damn low standards out there

You're on horseback, the music plays and a logo pops up.
Calm your jam.

But were it not for a simple piece of feedback, that beloved moment in Ghost of Tsushima which has brought streamers to tears wouldn't have existed the way it does.

Last edited:

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
oh the Agony sequel got a date
Agony was such a curious game
From a visual and atmospheric standpoint, it was incredible and achieved exactly what it set out to do. Also fairly solid in terms of providing a kind of demonic horror. Genuinely spooky at times. I just got frustrated with it after a while due to not really knowing where to go or what to do. The game doesn't give you a whole lot of direction. I commend the team behind it for going all in on the aesthetic and atmosphere though. Its so visually impressive! Here's hoping the sequel is better.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Frogwares has increased the regional prices for The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter in some countries. For example, Crimes and Punishments:

Argentina: AR$429,99 to 1299,00
Brazil: R$59,99 to R$99,00
India: ₹ 1199 to ₹ 1499
Mexico: Mex$ 269.99 to Mex$ 599.00
Russia: RUB999 to RUB1099
Turkey: ₺59,00 to ₺149,00
Ukraine: 199₴ to 499₴

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Frogwares has increased the regional prices for The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter in some countries. For example, Crimes and Punishments:

Argentina: AR$429,99 to 1299,00
Brazil: R$59,99 to R$99,00
India: ₹ 1199 to ₹ 1499
Mexico: Mex$ 269.99 to Mex$ 599.00
Russia: RUB999 to RUB1099
Turkey: ₺59,00 to ₺149,00
Ukraine: 199₴ to 499₴
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Tried to install some more RAM into my PC... That turned my day into pure hell. Ugh, constant errors to do with memory.
It's become more stable now, but if it hitches a fit one more time I'm returning this and getting some stuff that should be faster than what I need.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I know people said it is bad but Mortal Shell is very cheap in my country 🤔
Just play it, then refund it if you think it sucks! 2 hours should be more than enough time for you to see if this (frankly, atrocious) game is the one for you! :blobxorcism:

Caveat: since you just recently refunded Art of Rally, you'll probably get a warning from Valve about not using the refund system as a demo service. It's already happened to me before haha.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I have my 5.1 system set up now and at first I was having some issues with Windows and getting it to work properly and I was also having audio sync issues with my XSX and HBO Max. I'm happy with the results right now. I can throw a grande behind me in Apex and then I can hear it with my back speakers.

I now have a home theater in my room that's pretty nice.

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
I have my 5.1 system set up now and at first I was having some issues with Windows and getting it to work properly and I was also having audio sync issues with my XSX and HBO Max. I'm happy with the results right now. I can throw a grande behind me in Apex and then I can hear it with my back speakers.

I now have a home theater in my room that's pretty nice.

Reactions: PC-tan

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I'm realizing it's probably for the best if I just... Wait, on getting RAM, until I can just build a whole new PC. If that's ever gonna be possible.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Still tempted by Mortal Shell. On the other hand I don't like the turn to stone thing and several reviews mentions deep flaws. I guess I could play Hellpoint, but it has been heavily panned by critics too. Now, remains to be seen if I would share the sentiments or like the games anyway.
But it's a gamble.
And I must think of the Holy Grail in December.
uwu

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
How would you compare keepass to bitwarden? I use keepass as its still all local.
well Bitwarden isn't local :p but it is open-source, and you can host your own if you want

but other than that - it's really great ... and the paid tier is basically "the minimum we can give people that won't really affect free users" (as with most open-source projects)

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I was in the mood for some hack&slash action, so I decided to replay Chronicon. But for some reason, my brand new character owns all the money and upgrade materials from my previous characters. Starting a new game with 30 million cash partly breaks the games balance, since you can buy anything you want and the (money) penalty for dying is peanuts compared to my "fortune". What a bad design decision :(

I guess I could play Hellpoint, but it has been heavily panned by critics too.
I liked Hellpoint a lot. Very decent combat and level design, it's major weakness is the lack in enemy variety. The devs are working on DLC, so perhaps this will be solved in the near future.

Last edited:
  • Hug
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mortal Shell is doing one of those Twitch drop things where the more you watch participating streamers the more you unlock cosmetic shit in game.
Yesterday there were 3 streamers, which was abysmal.
Today there are 0 streamers.

How will I unlock the Helmet ? #HelmetGate

The joys of staggered releases because of exclusivity period, excuse me if I don't shed a tear.

Last edited:

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Mortal Shell is doing one of those Twitch drop things where the more you watch participating streamers the more you unlock cosmetic shit in game.
Yesterday there were 3 streamers, which was abysmal.
Today there are 0 streamers.

How will I unlock the Helmet ? #HelmetGate

The joys of staggered releases because of exclusivity period, excuse me if I don't shed a tear.
Sounds like a total success! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Microsoft Solitaire is digital crack and has ruined my life.
I overcooked biscuits I was baking for our guests this morning because I was busy playing and had to make a second batch.

I'm addicted and I'm off to play more now....with my slightly overcooked biscuits. Bad for my health too :(

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I was very pleasantly surprised to find tri-peak solitaire as one of the modes. That’s my favorite type. Didn’t know it was called that before playing this either. I should see if I can find an inoffensive variant of it on my phone….

FunnyJay