Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Lol, I bought Fenyx Rising Gold Edition long time ago on sale on Uplay to play the DLCs and more of the main game (basically the only Ubi games Ive truly liked since Odyssey) and for some reason Fenyx Rising appears as an installed game in the Xbox App.

The Xbox App is drunk again.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
Just popping in to let everyone know that Soul Hackers 2 is really good and you should play it.
I hit my first challenging boss (the one at the end of the Central line). It's reminding me of experiencing Matador for the first time in Nocturne. Gotta focus on buffs and debuffs and think carefully about what demons you bring into the fight. Dungeons just as meaty too.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

This may end up being my next controller. The Bluetooth version will have Hall effect sticks to prevent drift and back padels. I poured hundreds of hours into the SN30 Pro+ without any major issues.
Kinda hope they'll not abandon the design of the Pro 2. I never liked asymmetric stick layouts. Got a Pro 2 recently, and it's really comfortable to hold.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Thanks for the info, will buy tonight. But why is it 45€, but only 35$ ??
Imo is because shin chan is an ultra niche franchise on US but it's pretty big on some European countries (new episodes are still being broadcasted weekly on Spain via FOX tv channel), so they see an oportunity to get the main revenue from Europe.
This said. One great thing about this game is localization is quite good for non english countries. I mean f.e. spanish localization is not translated from english one as we usually suffer -Persona 5 Royal- , it has some local jokes.

• Eyes

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE!!!

Time to finish off Dude A Turtle (Doom Eternal)! I'm not sure how long it will take so I don't have anything planned to play afterwards but we might get back to some Hitman 3. We still need to get that tracksuit after all!

Should be starting in 10 minutes!

And keep an eye on this thread later today. I'll be doing the September update and I'll be talking about those surprises I mentioned. :blobhug:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
8BitDo being really weird with the features on that new controller.

Like, if you want xbox layout for the buttons, you'll have to get either the wired or 2.4 controller, neither which have hall effect sticks nor gyro. The bluetooth pad is the most feature packed, also has 2.4 connectivity, and the most expensive, but only offered as nintendo layout, in black and white colors. For some reason the Ultimate 2.4 xbox style is also available in Pastel Pink.

I was genuinely tempted to get the ultimate bluetooth, but this little feature mess really soured me on the whole thing.

Not that I even need a new controller, so maybe this is for the best after all.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Watching the Digital Foundry video on TLoU Part 1 and yeah, people saying it looks the same are either insane or need their eyes checked out lol. I still would've been happy with a port of the original if the remake didn't exist but putting them side-by-side it's night and day. Can't fucking wait for the PC release!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
8BitDo being really weird with the features on that new controller.

Like, if you want xbox layout for the buttons, you'll have to get either the wired or 2.4 controller, neither which have hall effect sticks nor gyro. The bluetooth pad is the most feature packed, also has 2.4 connectivity, and the most expensive, but only offered as nintendo layout, in black and white colors. For some reason the Ultimate 2.4 xbox style is also available in Pastel Pink.

I was genuinely tempted to get the ultimate bluetooth, but this little feature mess really soured me on the whole thing.

Not that I even need a new controller, so maybe this is for the best after all.
A curse on anyone who uses the categorically wrong Nintendo layout on a controller then advertises it as being a PC controller.

Literally no game supports that layout without button remapping.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I am still disappointed that ND didn't work on RayTraced GI solution. To me their pre-baked GI looks good but it is still more artistic representation and not accurate one.
Yes, the marketing has a lot of "we could not do that with technology at the time"... but then they don't make use of modern advances in the filed.
And it's not even for new stuff, when the talk bollocks about facial animations not being doable... while LA Noire facial MoCap was used years before the original was even released, and obviously still isn't used now (and the answer being it's impractical so we're not even going to try).

A lot of hot air as usual.

• Eyes

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
baibai August.. i beat 9 flipping games.. new personal record tbh..
upgraded my in house pc streaming setup and all.
had a nice vacation.. yeah its been a good month.. time to explore September.

Status
Not open for further replies.