Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Since y'all lile talkin about competition, here is a little anecdotal for you

During a gog sale, they jad a bundle for telltale games and using it wqs able to get walking dead s3 for under 10 which was a good deal for me. Now if volvo had wd s3 for just as cheap or under 10 i woupdve grabbed it on there instead. Incidentally enough i got batman s2 for under 10 as well during a price error or bundle on steam too.

Course because of the wd s4 news, i wont be able to experience clem' story until maybe a year later because skybound couldnt care less about gog users like me :v

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This is probably a stupid question, but what's the main difference between Two Point Hospital and Project Hospital? Is Project Hospital just primarily less like Theme Hospital and more focused on the minutiae of management?
Two Point Hospital is basically the new Theme Hospital ... with its wacky diseases and stuff like that

Project Hospital is basically a simulator (well, as much as it can be, i guess) .... 100% serious and probably more complex (when it comes to just how much you can micromanage everything)

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Just finished writing up my GOTY list for now, posting it here too so y'all can marvel at my impeccable taste :wd_dealwithit:

1. Yakuza 0 - First Yakuza game and boy did it not disappoint. And the amount of stuff to do in this game is mind-boggling and even the story (and especially the cutscenes) is damn great. Great music too.
  2. Subnautica - Probably the only "survival" game I actually like. It's also secretely a horror game. The hand-crafted alien world is both beautiful and terrifying.
  3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - I liked this much more than it's predecessor and even with its flaws it's likely my 2nd favorite Trails game (nothing comes close to the perfection that is Trails in the Sky the 3rd) because the good things it does (gameplay, NPCs, music, a certain element I can't say because it's a spoiler but I fucking love) outweigh these flaws (weaker main cast than sky, bonding system).
  4. Monster Hunter World - It's beautiful, the combat is amazing and even funner together with friends.
  5. Deltarune Chapter 1 - Even though it's only a teaser for something bigger it was damn great. If you liked Undertale, you will also like this.
  6. The House in Fata Morgana: A Requiem for Innocence - The House in Fata Morgana was my GOTY 2016 and to this day it's still one of the best stories I've experienced in any medium. A Requiem for Innocence is a "fandisk" to the original game that expands on a part from the main game and comes with a couple of smaller stories as well - and a fantastic Epilogue. It does not reach the heights of the original game but is still highly recommended if you liked that one.
  7. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Incredibly pretty, a fantastic cast and story, but also a good number of things I have mixed feelings about. (And the music alone would prevent me from placing this high on a GOTY list anyway).
Honorable Mention:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd - because there still hasn't been a better JRPG I've played

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Just found out about this game called Parkitect. It looks very interesting. After a further bit research I found out that it recently left early access and the price went up (doh)
Where can I find it cheapest?

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
sigh... I also checked there myself. I wonder if it will have a sale any time soon. Or is this one of the games that will never have a sale?
i'm sure it will eventually ... Summer Seal maybe ...

Reactions: Deku

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Something interesting I've noticed, something like a year ago and earlier there would be Mac ports added on a regular basis, I could always see this just by seeing my "Mac" games on Steam increase, but for the last year I don't there has been a single port.o_O Might be that I most often now just get games that are for Mac also but wonder if there are less Mac ports being made now.

(one good thing about epic, and hopefully their store, is that they do seem to be tight with apple and thus might make an effort to bring over games to the Mac.)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
(one good thing about epic, and hopefully their store, is that they do seem to be tight with apple and thus might make an effort to bring over games to the Mac.)
don't count on it ... apple axed OpenGL support

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Just found out about this game called Parkitect. It looks very interesting. After a further bit research I found out that it recently left early access and the price went up (doh)
Where can I find it cheapest?
The devs said on the Steam forums that this holiday sale is too early for them to offer a sale.

So that implies to me that it will go on sale at some point, but you’ll have to wait.

FWIW, I’m thinking of buying it at full price to support them because I appreciate what I’ve seen of the game.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The devs said on the Steam forums that this holiday sale is too early for them to offer a sale.

So that implies to me that it will go on sale at some point, but you’ll have to wait.

FWIW, I’m thinking of buying it at full price to support them because I appreciate what I’ve seen of the game.
it's awesome! basically a new Theme Park with actual coaster building (like in RCT)

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
it's awesome! basically a new Theme Park with actual coaster building (like in RCT)
Yeah, it looks a little more management-y focused than some of the other coaster tycoons (which look more coaster building focused), which I really like.

I’ll probably grab it soon!

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

I think I am going to wait for a lower price, maybe next time is has a sale :)

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Quick question, do I have to play the games before AC: Odyssey before jumping in?

Same question about Dark Souls III.
AC Origins? No.
Just that in the AC lore, Templars are after powerful artifacts that were made by the "First Civilization". And this is the first game that touches on that first civilization.

Dark Souls III. No with some cavet. Gameplay-wise, it'd be hard to go back to Dark Souls 1. Lore-wise, while it's a completely independent story, the nods to Dark Souls 1 are immense.
Otherwise, this game was kind of billed as an entry point Souls game, so you should be fine.
Post automatically merged:

oh hey ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ed Comment and Raphael!!! 🎂🎉🎂🎉🎂

hope you guys are having a good one! :D

Happy Birthday!

Something something "where is the branch from regional pricing"

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Top Early Access Graduates of 2018

First page is up

Edit: 2€ Hentai game in Gold tier. So I guess people really buy those? lol

And Gog Connect has new games:

Order of Battle: World War II + Pacific DLC free on GoG

Install base game on Steam:
Sync via GoG Connect:

GOG.com

Other games in GoG Connect:

Descent
Divine Divinity
Dustforce DX
Europa Universalis: Rome Gold
Order of Battle: World War II
Panzer Corps
Tharsis
Two Worlds Epic Edition

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Here's my main damages from the seal attack

Not pictured are the two Endless Space 2 DLC I was missing without realizing, Lost Symphony and Untold Tales. I can't wait for the Penumbra DLC to hit.

I'm glad some better spoken and more public people than I are speaking up around the problems of Epic store and the anti-consumerism that's been happening in general of late. I feel like, with all the problems in the world, it's a stupid hill for me to die on but all the other things I'm "activisty" about (human rights, fair wages, water safety, environmental stuff) it's a lot easier to find broad support and push for. Consumers just seem to hand wave away their own problems that companies are pushing onto us and it's frustrating.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've had like 3 or 4 "Hentai something" games in my queues today (and 2 or so of those "mature" anime adventure RPGs).

In my case it looks like the "culprits" for those recs are Trillion and Sunrider, with some occassional Nights of Azure and it's been 7-9 months since I last played any of them.

The ability to ignore games by title would be useful in those cases, because let's be real, if a game has "Hentai" in its name, there's a 99% chance it's a quick cashgrab with some rudimentary "gameplay" slapped on top of some half-naked anime girl art.
Actual good games with adult content would have actual titles.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Today I only got two dumb anime VNs and one mildly sexy FMV game. Which at least theoretically looks way more interesting and in-line with my taste for FMVs than anything else I've ever gotten before this!

I spammed like twenty queues a day for the past few days, so maybe it's finally learning something about my preferences.

Or maybe it's just out of stuff to show me lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.