Community MetaSteam | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 ain't one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
I would guess that most projects of AAA scale, JRPG, WRPG, RPG, whatever probably have some vile people attached to them.

The only real difference is that DQ's vile person is a person of artistic note instead of just some faceless CEO working in the background, some coding team leader or what have you.

If you buy it, buy it to support the rest of the team, and consider modding it to use any orchestral tracks you own to rebel against his wishes.

And if it still eats at your conscience, just donate something to a charity like one for awareness of the Nanjing Massacre. I don't know if they're still collecting footage, but the USC Shoah Foundation was recently collecting interviews and research to preserve the memory of the atrocity. They also collected testimonies from the Armenian Genocide survivors, Tutsi Genocide survivors and Holocaust survivors in their IWitness platform.

Seems as good an option as any.
That's actually a great idea. I'll probably look at how much the DQ IX soundtrack costs and donate that equivalent when I can. Thank you.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I am done buying. I’m done. Done.
I'm thinking about making Atom RPG my final purchase but I'm a bit concerned it's a bit "meme" heavy. Cringe...

Anyway stuff I've bought, no one else has to tempt people.

Part puzzle, part hardcore reaction game. Drop the ball from the top of the column to the bottom.

Stunning puzzle game with a similar aesthetic to Rime. A girl and her evolving pet golem set about right the world's wrongs. More of a turn-based platform puzzler, stack up moves etc...

Machine learning game about cats in a similar vein to Zactronics games. About to leave EA and go up dramatically in price.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Wow the Itch.io client is really nice compared to all the other horrendous ones I've downloaded. That's surprising to me anymore.

Ended up getting a game off there because some devs give steam keys with their games bought of there so that's kind of neat but, yeah that client isn't half bad so far

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Again, Jordan?! This shit wouldn't happen if Kyle were still the main GL!
It would've happened regardless

I now want a game titled Grand Theft Planet, get on dat ish Rockstar, you know you got enough moola to pull it off. Besides, I hear Epic can help :V
Grand Theft Exclusive

voodoo

Dec 12, 2018
Machine learning game about cats in a similar vein to Zactronics games. About to leave EA and go up dramatically in price.
Thanks for highlighting this, looks like my cup of tea.

Gsme is on humble and discounted on there too so ima grab it off there by tomorrow.
And thanks for this, I had some expiring credit which I'd forgotten about! The humble key redeemed as 'WTL for Beta Testing'. I'm querying it with humble support, but I guess its the name while in EA or something.
Post automatically merged:

Wow the Itch.io client is really nice compared to all the other horrendous ones I've downloaded. That's surprising to me anymore.

Ended up getting a game off there because some devs give steam keys with their games bought of there so that's kind of neat but, yeah that client isn't half bad so far
Thanks for this. It prompted me to take a look, and was nice to see that they added a way to conveniently browse for titles that include a steam key:

Top games with Steam keys - itch.io

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Thanks for highlighting this, looks like my cup of tea.

And thanks for this, I had some expiring credit which I'd forgotten about! The humble key redeemed as 'WTL for Beta Testing'. I'm querying it with humble support, but I guess its the name while in EA or something.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for this. It prompted me to take a look, and was nice to see that they added a way to conveniently browse for titles that include a steam key:

Top games with Steam keys - itch.io
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that's the game's name atm, and when it fully launches on Steam it'll update to the full game name without beta testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.