Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Wanted to try out Star Citizen Alpha 3.8. Website won't let me download the game launcher anymore, and instead links me to the regular store to buy the game.
Got Star Citizen years ago from an AMD promo and this is how it ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper :disappointed-face:
Same here.
Hm, never had to contact a publisher/developer before. Let's see how it goes.
Let me know how it goes :D

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So which of these 2 are worth grabbing?

Like if I could get only 1, which of these two would offer the best story and characters?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Hm, never had to contact a publisher/developer before. Let's see how it goes.
Alternatively you didn't go to the right page after logging in (the fly now button is a store shortcut rather than the download page regardless of login).
It should show account status there too (and same for your hangar page, it should show owned stuff).

Last edited:
Reactions: freshVeggie

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
If it's stuff that's been on sale before for the same current discount, save it for a future sale.
If it is a game or such that you don't see yourself playing soon, save it fore a future sale.
25% of that is the NISA bundle which has a ton of games.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Alternatively you didn't go to the right page after logging in (the fly now button is a store shortcut rather than the download page regardless of login).
Now that's bad UI. Hide download in footer then add big FLY NOW (thinking it as Play Now) that makes you rebuy product you already had. great lol.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
It should show your account status there too (and same for your hangar page, it should show owned items and stuff).
That's the weirdest design decision they could have possibly taken. Yeah, I'm dl'ing the launcher now.
Will report later how the new alpha is.
Now that's bad UI. Hide download in footer then add big FLY NOW (thinking it as Play Now) that makes you rebuy product you already had. great lol.
Absolutely!

Reactions: lashman

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I have to say, I am so happy that my laptop can manage to play games I never thought it could. I just have to be happy to downgrade graphics and a locked 30fps.

Look at Far Cry 5, sure I know all you with your big rigs cringe at this shot but I am happy that it is at least little pretty!:D

PC gaming is all about choice. If you want to play with all the bells and whistles at 30FPS, nothing wrong with that!

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I just got a Yakuza Kiwami 2 coupon for 33% off. It doesnt stack with other discounts and it expires on the 5th so if I wanted to use it I cant until the sale ends on the 2nd and I'd only have a 3 day window.

Thanks Sega..?
What are they thinking? No discount for Kiwami 2 up until this very sale, everyone (well me) buys it and halfway through they throw out a voucher with a bigger discount. Who is responsible for such nonsense? I'd refund out of principle but already idled too long.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
What are they thinking? No discount for Kiwami 2 up until this very sale, everyone (well me) buys it and halfway through they throw out a voucher with a bigger discount. Who is responsible for such nonsense? I'd refund out of principle but already idled too long.
Well yknow Its been like 30-33% off on sites like Fanatical, Chrono.gg and GameBillet for over a week now.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Reinstalled Nioh, in order to start ng+ and maybe play enough to stand a chance in the fabled dlc.
What have I done.

Reactions: fearthedawn

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Curve Digital and Devolver Digital throw all their games on Twitch Prime.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I WANT TO FUCKING DIE

Atelier Ryza just crashed and i hadn't saved in 8 hours and i was literally in the second to last chapter and had found all treasure chests, did all sidequests and most party quests

Silver lining, you get to admire Ryza for 8 additional hours!

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

Like if I could get only 1, which of these two would offer the best story and characters?
Gakhtun is complete, for Dies you need to buy both DLCs.
FWIW, both are good if you're looking into chuuni.

Reactions: Exzyleph

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I just finished the Jedi game... Wow and that's is mainly because I was at the very last 10 minutes of the game and well I could have played it yesterday and done something special on Christmas.

As for the game itself, I think it is a good game and definitely worth checking out. One of the biggest issues I had with it was the lore and the way that stuff was explained, it didn't really feel like a lot of thought was put into it. What I mean is that you might come across some stuff and be told people lived here (well...ya). It's one of the weakest part of the game for me.

One of the things that would have made the game a lot better would have been if there was a bigger "combo list" and if you could learn more moves.

The exploration was nice and the maps were way bigger than I imagined that they would be.

I remember some people close to release complaining that the game was very short and could be done in less than 6 hours or something even shorter. My first playthrough took me about 35 hours (even with AFK time it would still be over 30 hours).

The sound design was great and well as the joke goes, "it made me feel like a Jedi". Because of my gaming speakers when ever you would pull out your lightsaber and use it I would get a very nice satisfying sound.

More enemy variations would have been nice.

The story was okay and there were times when it did feel rather me and didn't make sense but there were also nice parts of it that I liked. There was even this one part that reminded me of Code Vein, and I sort of feel mixed about the way that both games handled it. In the Jedi game it was much more clear to see what was actually happening and was easier to follow but it also felt like Code Vein but some more effort into the emotional part of it and that it happens multiple times compared to Jedi just doing it once.

As far as score Jedi is a 8/10 for me. The game does have performance issues ,the story can be enjoyable and tearry eyed but there are also parts that don't make much sense and are not explained that well (I am a fan of Star Wars and stuff did make sense but I would imagine that some one that was not a star wars would be more confused)

Parrying (which is one of the big elements of this game, can feel satisfying but more often than not the timing for the game just didn't feel nearly as satisfying as Sekiro, the same goes for Code Vein, the parrying in that game is rather bad)

Exploring the world with Jedi powers was fun and while I did like use force powers in some fights I would most often just not use them in actual fights. Perfect dodging also felt off, I would try to dodge bullets and it would not do the perfect doge thing.

It would be nice if the game had Steam Achievements.

So now that I am done with the game I am not sure what I will be playing next. I think I will try to finish Half Life 2 before the year is over??

I have Death Stranding but I am not sure if I am going to play it now or just wait for the PC version. People say the game is good others say it's bad. I want to see for myself what the game is actually like.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Square Enix really comes off as just an assortment of people that do stuff with no oversight and periodically games come out. The amount of weird things they do is so high.
yup, pretty much

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

I haven't played the first title you've linked but I admit I really didn't like Dies Irae.
Extremely long, glacially slow and a plot that makes no sense whatsoever.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
I WANT TO FUCKING DIE

Atelier Ryza just crashed and i hadn't saved in 8 hours and i was literally in the second to last chapter and had found all treasure chests, did all sidequests and most party quests

8 hours. That stings.
Can't say I ever lost that much progress. At most 40-60mins in Dark Souls 1.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Well, I was saving in all my emulated games but deleted it all because of my ocd to keep my pc clean of useless files. I deleted the contents of RetroArch except the playlists and some config and bios files before updating to the new version, just in case some existing assets weren't needed any more, completely forgetting about the saves folder (I use shift+delete, almost never putting files in the recycle bin, another stupid habit I suppose). So that's even worse than one...

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Well, I was saving in all my emulated games but deleted it all because of my ocd to keep my pc clean of useless files. I deleted the contents of RetroArch except the playlists and some config and bios files before updating to the new version, just in case some existing assets weren't needed any more, completely forgetting about the saves folder (I use shift+delete, almost never putting files in the recycle bin, another stupid habit I suppose). So that's even worse than one...
Try not to use the drive much, or even better at all, and use a tool such as Recuva to try and recover the files.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I lost my 42 hour Skyrim save after it got corrupted somehow a few years ago. Ive tried multiple timed getting back into the game, never could, not even in VR.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
I just finished the Jedi game... Wow and that's is mainly because I was at the very last 10 minutes of the game and well I could have played it yesterday and done something special on Christmas.

As for the game itself, I think it is a good game and definitely worth checking out. One of the biggest issues I had with it was the lore and the way that stuff was explained, it didn't really feel like a lot of thought was put into it. What I mean is that you might come across some stuff and be told people lived here (well...ya). It's one of the weakest part of the game for me.

One of the things that would have made the game a lot better would have been if there was a bigger "combo list" and if you could learn more moves.

The exploration was nice and the maps were way bigger than I imagined that they would be.

I remember some people close to release complaining that the game was very short and could be done in less than 6 hours or something even shorter. My first playthrough took me about 35 hours (even with AFK time it would still be over 30 hours).

The sound design was great and well as the joke goes, "it made me feel like a Jedi". Because of my gaming speakers when ever you would pull out your lightsaber and use it I would get a very nice satisfying sound.

More enemy variations would have been nice.

As far as score Jedi is a 8/10 for me. The game does have performance issues ,the story can be enjoyable and tearry eyed but there are also parts that don't make much sense and are not explained that well (I am a fan of Star Wars and stuff did make sense but I would imagine that some one that was not a star wars would be more confused)

Parrying (which is one of the big elements of this game, can feel satisfying but more often than not the timing for the game just didn't feel nearly as satisfying as Sekiro, the same goes for Code Vein, the parrying in that game is rather bad)

Exploring the world with Jedi powers was fun and while I did like use force powers in some fights I would most often just not use them in actual fights. Perfect dodging also felt off, I would try to dodge bullets and it would not do the perfect doge thing.
I had a few issues with the game, the main culprit being that the ninth sister was the only good Jedi battle. I wish I could say the same for the second sister, but once you got the double saber slice it broke the game. It was too powerful and you could easily get force back to use it. This is with me playing on the highest difficulty, btw. If it weren't for that, it could have been something special. I also wish that the absolute final boss was able to be beaten for an achievement, but you're still forced to lose.

Not sure how it's even possible to beat it in six hours. I agree that the parry timing was a bit off because you had to press block slightly before you were actually hit. Other games make it closer to when you're visually hit, so it's almost as if there's an input delay. It was nice to feel like a Jedi that could be killed and you had some feeling of danger while fighting. At least until I got LB+X, then I felt invincible. A guard break that also does damage for a little force power I can easily get back? I wouldn't mind if that were only available on the easier modes, but I would expect that move to have some sort of drawback on the harder difficulties.

Anyway, it was a good game, but I hope there are some small improvements made to the combat.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I WANT TO FUCKING DIE

My condolences. That's my nightmare.

I generally obsessively save, but I still like games to have autosaves (with configurable intervals -- I know that ToCS won't crash, but I still play with a 60 second autosave interval :p).

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Finally finished RDR2 epilogue. I don't think can't get tired of praising this game but I think that for me that was it. Maybe I'll return to get 100% completion but at least I don't see myself playing Red Dead Online, and it's pretty rare for me to return to a game just to get 100%. Still, the story mode is great, and I never thought I'd say this about a Rockstar game after that horrendous GTA V thing they called a story.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
My condolences. That's my nightmare.

I generally obsessively save, but I still like games to have autosaves (with configurable intervals -- I know that ToCS won't crash, but I still play with a 60 second autosave interval :p).
Simple solution if a game doesn't allow for that - play from withing a virtual machine, and configure the VM to autosave the state each set time (just make an AHK script if the VM doesn't have that functionality on its own)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Thanks for the VN feedback gang. I'll think them over and see if I can include them in my purchase, since I've got some GOG purchases to make as well @_@

NarohDethan
Instead of buying lots NISA games, just pick one or two if not a handful. It's what I would do, but as I already made my list of purchases recently, I've sadly no room for their games atm :S

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

I haven't played the first one but Dies Irae is one of the better VN out there.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Thanks for the VN feedback gang. I'll think them over and see if I can include them in my purchase, since I've got some GOG purchases to make as well @_@

NarohDethan
Instead of buying lots NISA games, just pick one or two if not a handful. It's what I would do, but as I already made my list of purchases recently, I've sadly no room for their games atm :S
That's a good point

Status
Not open for further replies.