Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Is there a way to sell all your cards at once at the ongoing selling price ?
I did that shit manually, and will continue if there isn't, but I would lie if I said it isn't getting old.

Reactions: Wok and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is there a way to sell all your cards at once at the ongoing selling price ?
I did that shit manually, and will continue if there isn't, but I would lie if I said it isn't getting old.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So what is the best way to do the invite someone to a game quest? I tried it with CSGO and Underlords but it was a no go

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So what is the best way to do the invite someone to a game quest? I tried it with CSGO and Underlords but it was a no go
apparently it also works with remote play together ... so just install one of those games (like Broforce) and invite someone

Reactions: PC-tan and Wok

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I cannot for the life of me win a game on Moderate in AoE2, let alone higher difficulties

Reactions: ISee

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Randomly discovered this song and music video and I really like it.

Now here it is for you and hope you like it.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Katamari Damacy Reroll is so weird. So... the game's controls are capped to 30FPS, but certain objects on the screen refresh at your monitor's native refresh rate? So I've got all these things refreshing at 144FPS all over the screen and yet the camera/controls are 30FPS and it's just... how? Why?

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
After playing some Prey I can say this game is the true spiritual sequel of System Shock 2, not Bioshock.
I found Prey to be such a weird game that fell flat on it's face after being so close to greatness.
Without spoiling to much since you're still in the beginning, the starting areas area great and open with multiple ways to achieve your objectives which should be enough to make it a standout in the Immersive Sim genre.
However when you reach the mid game you're so stupidly overpowered, mainly due to the badly designed crafting mechanics, that there stops being any semblance of threat from the environment and the levels become so linear that it became a rather mediocre FPS.
Weirdly enough, even though the story elements and pacing of the second half are almost non-existent, the ending itself was satisfying.

Overall it would be one of the greatest games ever made if it wasn't so full of fat and if it managed to keep the despair of the first couple of hours throughout the full game.

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018

Randomly discovered this song and music video and I really like it.

Now here it is for you and hope you like it.
Post it in the Music thread too.

Reactions: lashman

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I found Prey to be such a weird game that fell flat on it's face after being so close to greatness.
Without spoiling to much since you're still in the beginning, the starting areas area great and open with multiple ways to achieve your objectives which should be enough to make it a standout in the Immersive Sim genre.
However when you reach the mid game you're so stupidly overpowered, mainly due to the badly designed crafting mechanics, that there stops being any semblance of threat from the environment and the levels become so linear that it became a rather mediocre FPS.
Weirdly enough, even though the story elements and pacing of the second half are almost non-existent, the ending itself was satisfying.

Overall it would be one of the greatest games ever made if it wasn't so full of fat and if it managed to keep the despair of the first couple of hours throughout the full game.
I agree with you that the crafting system is a major flaw. In addition, the skill system is pushing you to become a superhuman as well. When I took a look at the skill tree ,in order to make the game more enjoyable for me, I decided that I wouldn't use all of my skill points in things like more health or stamina. It made the game more challenging so I guess it's one of the routes to consider for more enjoyment.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I will say one thing that is absolutely perfect on PC with a good pair of headphones, is Katamari Damacy's soundtrack. Good god, I can't believe it's taken me this long to listen to it - it's absolutely, 100% my type of shit.

Katamari might have the best soundtrack of any franchise.
Yes, even better than Nier and Homeworld.

Also... this is more than a little troubling, but coincidence, this song from We Love Katamari:

It's by Kirinji, the singer from the music video that Blu posted right before you. Also, a surprisingly dark song about a recovering alcoholic that is lying to himself.

And if I may, my favorite song from Katamari because of how weird it is:

Reactions: xinek and lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm really enjoying X-morph Defense. It's a good but fair challenge on Hard difficulty, and the great variety in enemies keep the campaign interesting. Very recommended!

Watch a friend's broadcast ? My Steam list has like 10 people in it, let alone people playing anything, AND broadcasting.
Feel free to add me on Steam m8!

Decided to redownload Witcher 3 on Steam. Already played through it 2 times (or maybe 3 times, not quite sure, I know I played through it 2 times at least). Will mod it this time and explore more.
The Ghost Mode mod is very recommended, makes the combat much more fun! You also may want to try the Friendly Hud mod, which replaces the minimap with in-game markers.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

I don't agree with this at all. Well, with most of it at least.

I really don't see how the levels become linear, as far as I remember all areas are similar in their complexity -- some are a bit more linear in layout than others, but that always feels like a natural result of their in-universe function.

And while you do get much more powerful, to me, that made the game better, not worse. It was extremely satisfying to basically just nuke the shit out of enemies which were huge threats a few hours prior. And it fits with what's going on in the story. (Also, the game does introduce some new threats which still keep the tension up -- at least until very late in the game).

I really loved Prey, start to finish, it's easily my favourite immersive sim in the past 5 years. I would have liked it a lot less if I was barely surviving and had to hide from everything for the whole game.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I found Prey to be pretty great, it's a shame that it seemingly didn't do well in terms of sales on any platform it released on. I shame Bethesdas marketing for that.

Reactions: madjoki

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
How does this remote play together trick work for getting the latest quest?
You run a game that has remote play together, e.g. Soulcalibur 6
Then right click a friend and invite them to remote play.

I want to try this while in a group to see if it'll reward the chat in a group coin reward.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Going from Nioh to Blue Reflection is something alright. The game is hilariously easy, I'm literally killing everything before they even get a turn.
I'll see what happens if I put the difficulty to Hard, maybe that will make fights slightly more involved.

Reactions: MJunioR

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
You run a game that has remote play together, e.g. Soulcalibur 6
Then right click a friend and invite them to remote play.

I want to try this while in a group to see if it'll reward the chat in a group coin reward.
Ah ok ta,

Ok folks don't be surprised if you get an invite for a SC6 match. I don't actually intend to play just get the quest ticked :p

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Going from Nioh to Blue Reflection is something alright. The game is hilariously easy, I'm literally killing everything before they even get a turn.
I'll see what happens if I put the difficulty to Hard, maybe that will make fights slightly more involved.
non-SMT JRPG difficulties explained in cRPG terms:
Easy: Made for braindead stroke victims.
Normal: Insultingly Easy
Medium: Extremely Easy
Hard: Very Easy
Very Hard: Easy

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
non-SMT JRPG difficulties explained in cRPG terms:
Easy: Made for braindead stroke victims.
Normal: Insultingly Easy
Medium: Extremely Easy
Hard: Very Easy
Very Hard: Easy
Trails games can get pretty challenging on the harder difficulties. (I'd say even normal needs you to at least use the mechanics decently well, which is not the case in some other games)

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I cannot for the life of me win a game on Moderate in AoE2, let alone higher difficulties
Play defensively, put walls and towers around your base, play by your army's strengths, upgrades will make it a lot easier. Your production crew has to be at least 40 peasants.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
My adventures in three kingdoms total war last night:

Everything was going ok for a couple of hours. Then I accidentally sent my best general to another faction in a marriage deal they proposed to me and I was going bankrupt for reasons I'm still not sure of since I hadn't recruited any new people or units in my army.

I'm going to start a whole new game later.

edit: Also sun ce was really pissed at me for some reason even though he was so far away I couldn't see his land on my map :thinking-blob:

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
mfw scrub ass Steam users don't even bother to at least decorate games that don't have official grid images with custom ones

Let's bring some style to this thread

---

Love thy digital gaming library, love thyself.
God bless SteamGridDB. I've been uploading a bunch of grids, heroes and logos myself too.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I don't agree with this at all. Well, with most of it at least.

I really don't see how the levels become linear, as far as I remember all areas are similar in their complexity -- some are a bit more linear in layout than others, but that always feels like a natural result of their in-universe function.

And while you do get much more powerful, to me, that made the game better, not worse. It was extremely satisfying to basically just nuke the shit out of enemies which were huge threats a few hours prior. And it fits with what's going on in the story. (Also, the game does introduce some new threats which still keep the tension up -- at least until very late in the game).

I really loved Prey, start to finish, it's easily my favourite immersive sim in the past 5 years. I would have liked it a lot less if I was barely surviving and had to hide from everything for the whole game.
What I meant when I said some areas became linear was that after a point there was no need to find inventive ways to move around, you could literally shotgun blast anything that showed up in front of you. There was no need to immerse yourself and roleplay, the sort of things you expect from a game like this, all you needed to do was beeline from A to B. The rewards of over abundant and the game isn't balanced for the sort of power the player can get at an relatively early stage.
It's often compared to System Shock or Deus Ex, which is fair, but in those games you were never safe, you were never all-powerful. My personal opinion is that the best immersive sims are the ones that manage to keep the sense dread and unease throughout the game. The upgrade system in Prey (or Dishonored 2 or Deus Ex: HR/MD or any of the more recent Immersive Sims) break the game and trivialize what should be the main drive of the gameplay experience.
If Prey had (much) more restrictive rewards for quests and you had no chance of crafting upgrade kits, it would be a much better game and a serious contender for the best Immersive Sim ever. Either way I didn't completely dislike the game, it's perhaps the best attempt of the decade at a difficult genre.

Reactions: Durante
Status
Not open for further replies.