Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Have to echo others. Having tried to unlock today's quest "regularly" by inviting friends in online games.
But neither CS:GO nor Risk of Rain 2 unlocked it.

In the end, inviting a friend via Remote Play Together instantly did the trick.
Yeah I was able to do it via remote play together in L4D2 and that worked right away.

Reactions: freshVeggie

Axisofweevils

Dec 22, 2018
Have to echo others. Having tried to unlock today's quest "regularly" by inviting friends in online games.
But neither CS:GO nor Risk of Rain 2 unlocked it.

In the end, inviting a friend via Remote Play Together instantly did the trick.
It works fine in TF2. Just tried it there after failing with multiple other games. The other person doesn't even have to respond to get the cheevo.

Last edited:

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
How's Wargroove? I remember that at launch steam reviews weren't very positive? I now see a Very positive and recently Overwhelmingly Positive?

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
How's Wargroove? I remember that at launch steam reviews weren't very positive? I now see a Very positive and recently Overwhelmingly Positive?
It's good.
I got it on release and my biggest complaint was that the star rating conditions for each mission wasn't disclosed so you were flying blind constantly and were never sure why you got a 1 star or 3 star rating. They patched it quickly and it turned out it was all tied to the number of turns it took you to finish the mission, which personally I felt wasn't a good metric at all. Basically like Valkyria Chronicles. There were also some balancing issues but I'm not sure what's been done in the past 8/9 months since I finished the game.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
For some reason I remembered about having an Infinite Warfare on Steam and downloaded it to have a bit of fun...might be even more boring than Advanced Warfare. It’s like they’ve collected every military sci-fi cliche out there and rolled with it. The hell happened to Infinity Ward? It can’t be that everyone with an ounce of talent left for Respawn, right?

Reactions: MJunioR

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
For some reason I remembered about having an Infinite Warfare on Steam and downloaded it to have a bit of fun...might be even more boring than Advanced Warfare. It’s like they’ve collected every military sci-fi cliche out there and rolled with it. The hell happened to Infinity Ward? It can’t be that everyone with an ounce of talent left for Respawn, right?
Lack of inspiration?

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Anyone else having problems getting the latest holiday quest?

I've invited a few people but it doesn't pop. :cryblob:
Yep, but I thought it was because my friend didn't have the game downloaded (Left 4 Dead 2). Guess I'll have to try Remote Play Together later.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I started three kingdoms total war yesterday and made it about an hour before getting a headache trying to understand everything. Today I watched an hour long video trying to explain the "basics" of the campaign map so I think I'm more prepared now. I should be able to go 2 hours before my head explodes now.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Decided to redownload Witcher 3 on Steam. Already played through it 2 times (or maybe 3 times, not quite sure, I know I played through it 2 times at least). Will mod it this time and explore more.

Reactions: lashman

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
BlindRhythm MC CoOp time to shine.
Yay! The time is now! :blobcheer:

Co-op crew, assemble!

And seriously, if anyone ever needs help with this quest or the broadcast one, myself and I'm sure a bunch of folks from the co-op thread will be more than happy to help out. :highfiveblob:

Edit: I should have also mentioned that my broadcast is always open to friends, so if you're on my friends list you're welcome to check out the broadcast whenever I'm playing.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Lack of inspiration?
Yeah, I don’t expect people to be inspired to work on the same franchise for more than 15 years, but both Ghosts and Infinite Warfare are lacking even compared to other CoDs, tho, judging by reviews MW 2019 is a pretty decent fps, so maybe they’re past their shitty phase now.

Reactions: PC-tan

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Interview with Kadokawa about Project Stella (strategy JRPG with mechas and cute girls) in case anyone is interested, they also mention expanding beyond Switch and PS4

also

The scenario of God Wars 2 is not 100% finished, but we’re very close. From the development perspective, there is still a lot of work to do. At this time we can’t put 100% of our resources into it, so the release won’t come very soon.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Interview with Kadokawa about Project Stella (strategy JRPG with mechas and cute girls) in case anyone is interested, they also mention expanding beyond Switch and PS4

The fuck? wasn't this game already on Steam or is there a KS game that aesthetically is very similar?

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
you probably mean this one

The article I linked is about a KADOKAWA game
No no, let me find it, I swear there's a game that looks exactly like that and it's not MASS

FOUND IT.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I mean, one is an action game and the other a tbs? Clearly both inspired by japanese mech designs though.

I'm pretty sure there is another turn based strategy mech game coming too, it had a really polished looking fancy trailer and stuff, super anime unlike battletech.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
one has cute girls the other doesn't, also we know next to nothing about project stella except that mecha launching sequence from a spaceship that lasts a couple of second and the header image

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Found the one I meant, Phantom Brigade.

Not quite turn based, more like Frozen Synapse 1 & 2. Hope they do it right but all kinds of stuff could go wrong in the systems. The teaser was super cool.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Not quite turn based, more like Frozen Synapse 1 & 2. Hope they do it right but all kinds of stuff could go wrong in the systems. The teaser was super cool.
I liked Crypt of the Necrodancer and this looks cool but EGS exclusivity totally killed any interest I had

Mor

Sep 7, 2018

Fun fact about this one, did you know that one of the designers of this game was making a personal project based on BLAME! and the infinite city? in fact, it was something so close that I was totally in. you can still check the old tumblr blog with gifs, webm and pics of the project, here you have a sneak peek.

Here you have the blog, enjoy.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Second mission in Nioh done. Now to totally get sidetracked by sub-missions.

Is there something like Satisfactory on sale? I know of Factorio but I am looking for something like it that is also first person.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Say what you want about Destiny 2, but it feels so damn good on PC. I tried the PS4P version when it was given via PS Plus and the PC version is like a different game.

The fact that (from what Ive read) the PC version went from being the smallest platform in terms of playerbase when it was on Battle.net to the biggest when it released on Steam is really cool.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I want to play more Destiny 2. I went hard on it with Forsaken on PC for like a solid month and did raids and everything. Kinda fell out of it, but I absolutely loved my time with it...

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Man, Iconoclasts is such a weird game.
On all accounts, I should absolutely love this thing. It's a (very linear) Metroidvania, with amazing pixel art graphics, and pretty good controls, plethora of guns with special abilities, lots and lots of puzzles and tons of boss fights. But it just feels draining somehow. I feel the biggest issue is that it all feels too condensed. It's a 20 hour game, but shrunk down into maybe 10. The pacing is far too quick, in the second half of the game. Iconoclasts throws lots of new ideas, characters, backstory at you, at a relentless speed. I feel that there is a lot to tell about this world, about the backstory of our heroine Robin, and so on. I like clever boss fights, and puzzles and all that, but this game just makes me sick of them, because of how it presents all of it.
For a game that's been in development for over 10 years, it sure feels rushed, but not in the sense that it's lacking content, more that the game gives you no time to breathe. So far nothing truly optional, no way of really getting to know this world.

I think I'm near the end of the game, maybe the finale will change my opinion a bit

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Say what you want about Destiny 2, but it feels so damn good on PC. I tried the PS4P version when it was given via PS Plus and the PC version is like a different game.

The fact that (from what Ive read) the PC version went from being the smallest platform in terms of playerbase when it was on Battle.net to the biggest when it released on Steam is really cool.
It feels nice to hit things accurately and I didn't want to keep battle.net installed. It didn't really click until I got some weapons I actually enjoyed using.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
So, today I went on and played (!!!) something I bought on sale - two things, actually. Transport Fever 2 and Troubleshooter.

First I tried TF2, and it was disappointing. Performance was pretty awful for some reason, and honestly, after my brief time with it I think that is one of those games that I might enjoy watching someone who knows what they are doing playing but I wouldn't have much fun playing it. Fortunately I bought it last week or so I think, so I was able to refund it.

Troubleshooter in the other hand is a XCOM-like and I was actually surprised to see that its recent reviews went from Very Positive when I bought it to Overwhelmingly Positive now. Mind you, I'm not much into these kind of games but I just spent 5 hours playing this one.

So about Troubleshooter itself, it has some pretty long VN sections (at least during the start) and I still have to figure some systems, but damn I enjoyed my time playing the actual game, even though sometimes the dialog between characters during battle went for too long. I can't wait to get some time to get back to it and I'm sure that I have barely touched 5% of what the game has to offer in terms of classes, different approaches, etc., even the company management part of the game seems to be pretty big.

Worthy to mention, I don't get it what is the difference between the online and offline modes that you pick the first time you create a save, but I went with offline just to make sure that I can load my save whenever I want, then the game made clear that there was some DRM even with the offline option, and I wouldn't be able to play if I don't connect to Steam every now and then.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I think I might make an OT for the end of the year (end of a decade), for both here and the other place.

So what are some Japanese games that you thought you would never see localized let alone release on PC (for the west no less).

More than 10 years ago (2007-2009) you saw people say PC was dead and not just "core gamers" but also devs/publishers that just were no longer interested in PC because of the low sales numbers. If you play stuff like Game Dev Story and other similar games, you have this thing where PC games were once popular but then consoles came and that was the only way to make money.

Any Way.... there are multiple DQ games on PC now in the west.

Thank you Capcom,Bandai, and GabeN

Reactions: Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Last few challenges are going to be like
12/29: Play a 4 hour MP session with 5 of your friends
12/30: Get all the achievements for one of the games you bought on the Steam sale
12/31: Double your Steam level
1/01: Gift $10,000 of Steam games to friends
Nah they wont be that tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.