Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
One thing is boycott a game because of the deal and the other is waiting for a good price.

What I'm trying to say is that if games have not been selling well because people were waiting for steam and then once they come to steam they dont sell, then whats the point?

I respect all the choices you all make but things clear, I don't see boycotts as a useful way of protest for such decisions.
It's not really about boycotting, there's too many games to play, and not enough time/money for all, if you take an exclusivity deal on PC, you automatically get thrown down to the bottom of the list. Makes picking which games to buy/play much easier!

Anyway, i can't remember the last time i bought a game on day1 for full price, let alone day+365.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My most wanted EGS exclusives are Hades, Control, What The Golf and Outer Wilds. Im excited for Blands 3, but not as much as the first 3 named. The rest are easy peasy to wait for. I will be picking up many EGS exclusives day 1 on Steam.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Im planning on picking up Kine, Manifold Garden, Control, Outer Wilds, Satisfactory, No Straight Roads, and Borderlands 3 when they hit Steam depending on pricing.

There are a bunch of other egs titles im interested in but only at steep discounts.

Reactions: lashman and Wok

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, I don't think there's a single egs game I'm super excited about, so saying I'm not gonna buy would be really easy /shrug.
Though, I'll probably won't go that far, once they are on Steam I think I'll consider them like any other game if they manage to gain my interest (which I think will be much harder for them anyway, because there will be much less hype/general interest for them at the time) and are available at a good price.

Except Ooblets, those devs are on my shitlist.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I won't buy an EGS exclusive game when it comes on Steam, especially if they are full priced, screw them.
Yeah, I've removed all EGS-exclusive games from my wishlist at this point. It's not that it's completely unthinkable to support them after the exclusivity window, but my interest is muted and the game itself is tainted as a result of all the drama. I'll just keep myself busy with other games.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I've considered buying Outer Wilds, but it's literally never been on sale so that's kinda stopped me from grabbing it on EGS. I'd play it on my Xbox, but apparently the XB1X enhanced patch has issues.

Reactions: lashman and Wok

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
I've considered buying Outer Wilds, but it's literally never been on sale so that's kinda stopped me from grabbing it on EGS. I'd play it on my Xbox, but apparently the XB1X enhanced patch has issues.
I got a digital copy for the XBONE thanks to a Mixxer stream from a few years ago but I don't even own the console :blobweary:

Reactions: Li Kao and Wok

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Oh yes, new thread smell! It's like 2019 only begun, time sure flies fast lol. Time to catch up with some games released this year and prepare the GOTY list.

By the way, I finally finished the video I was working in the past few months. It's 30 minutes long and it's about Russian gaming magazines:

I understand it's hard to watch the entire thing in one sitting (though I've split it into parts and tried to make it as less boring as possible), so I've left timestamps in the comments of the video on YouTube. I've literally put my heart and soul in this video, so I hope you'll enjoy it! I also rarely asking about this, be I'll grateful if you'll share it with your friends so more people could watch it. Planning to make more live-recorded videos on other topics, though it's a really timeconsuming process, and lack of free time is a big issue for me right now. But currently I just want to forget about everything and play some games, Disco Elysium is really damn good so far and I might even finish it before the end of the year, even though it's a long game.
Damn, this is quite an interesting watch and it makes me wish the North American pc gaming press had paid as much attention to international developers (from non former British colonies anyway) as the ones you covered in the video seemed to when they started doing homegrown content along side the english translations. I feel there lots of games out of Russian and other CIS countries that never saw the light of day here, even after the dawn of digital distribution that I'd have to resort to piracy to acquire and google translate obscure blogs to even learn about in the first place, one of which is less a moral quandary than the other

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Oculus Rift S
I recommend (I have played all of these on my Rift)

Oculus Store:

Lone Echo
Asgard's Wrath
Edge of Nowhere
Wilsons Heart
From Other Suns (FTL like FPS)
Chronos
Brass Tactics
The Climb
Vader Immortal Episodes

Steam:

Beat Saber
Pistol Whip
Budget Cuts
Thumper
Dirt Rally
Rez Infinite
Blade & Sorcery
Audica
Gor
Synth Riders
Airtone
Arizona Sunshine (haven't played the DLCs)
I Expect You To Die
Blasters of the Universe
Space Pirate Trainer
Climbey
A Chair in the Room Greenwater
Cosmic Trip
Compound
Detached
Deadhalls
Elite Dangerous (works best with HOTAS or kb/m, too few button on Oculus Touch controllers)
Everspace
Exorcist
Form
Starseed Gallery
Fujii
House of the Dying Sun
Jet Island
InDeath
L.A. Noire VR
Karnage Chronicles
The Mage's Tale
Moss
Narcosis
Red Matter
Raw Data

Lots more, but can't bother writing more. :p

Pro-tip: As long as the store page on Steam says "Oculus Rift" the game should work on Rift without a problem. Only weird game I have come across is Racket Fury that said Rift on the store page, but shows Vive controllers. Not that that it's a big deal as you just need to press a button to drop the ball and wave with your controller to shoot it.

Last edited:

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
I don't really see any point in bearing a grudge against devs who took the guaranteed payout from EGS, not unless they've been acting stupid on top of that (like the devs behind Ooblets, Shenmue 3, etc). But Control is also pretty much the only game that I am looking forward to, though obviously that might change in the next however many months, and it is way past the point where I'd be willing to pay launch-price for it.

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019

This is my wishlist, I'm curious for thoughts, particularly on the VR stuff at the bottom seeing as I just got a new VR headset :) (y)
I've been playing Project Warlock recently and I find it somewhat bland tbh. It's inspired by Wolfenstein 3D so the level are all flat, and the enemies aren't particularly interesting either. It's cheap yeah, but I'd go with the other throwback shooters you have there first or Ion Fury or Wrath: Aeon of Ruin.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I realized just now that Fallout 4 VR doesn't support Oculus Rift. That's a shame, I wanted to give that one a go,

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
By no means I'm saying that what you are doing, if you choose to put those games at the button of your lists or completely ignore them, is wrong, on the contrary, I respect your choice but what I'm trying to say is that, if a game you cared A LOT signed a deal not buying it won't prevent future deals, if anything the only prevention will happen with EGS figures, which must be not that hot in most cases when you can see that next games from a dev are skipping EGS and going Steam/GOG instead.

Anyway, I will keep buying those things I want and those I don't care won't come to my library, is as simple as that, EGS deals for me are just like any console exclusivity for the very same reason, Steam offers me a setup of tools I use a lot while playing and after playing the games and I trust this services as one of the 3 that deserve my money. Do I need to wait a year? so be it.

You can totally see that I'm out of games until Reach, RDR2 and Boneworks come out as you can see me talking about EGS, jeez, can't be Dec. 3 already?

Reactions: Ibuki and Wok

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
By no means I'm saying that what you are doing, if you choose to put those games at the button of your lists or completely ignore them, is wrong, on the contrary, I respect your choice but what I'm trying to say is that, if a game you cared A LOT signed a deal not buying it won't prevent future deals, if anything the only prevention will happen with EGS figures, which must be not that hot in most cases when you can see that next games from a dev are skipping EGS and going Steam/GOG instead.

Anyway, I will keep buying those things I want and those I don't care won't come to my library, is as simple as that, EGS deals for me are just like any console exclusivity for the very same reason, Steam offers me a setup of tools I use a lot while playing and after playing the games and I trust this services as one of the 3 that deserve my money. Do I need to wait a year? so be it.
And buying it will 100% push them to do more deals, that way they get the bags of Epic money, the initial sales on EGS, and a year later, instead of putting the game on sale for -25& or -50%, they get to sell it again for full price to Steam users.

At that point, they would be stupid to not do it, easy money!

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
And buying it will 100% push them to do more deals, that way they get the bags of Epic money, the initial sales on EGS, and a year later, instead of putting the game on sale for -25& or -50%, they get to sell it again for full price to Steam users.

At that point, they would be stupid to not do it, easy money!
That's capitalism in all it's glory!

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Well yeah, i'll add that you buying or me not buying won't probably change much, as long as Epic is willing to throw bags of money around.
That's the point I wanted to make all this time, no matter what we do individually, this a complete machinery that will keep working the same way as this moneyhats are just a new way of getting easy and quick cash from a very stupid strategy that pisses off us if we are waiting for a platform and won't get it for the next 1-6-12 months, but for them, cash for the shares and Q's.

And that's why I said I RESPECT YOUR CHOICES, NOT ONLY YOUR SPECIFICALLY BUT ALL OF YOU, if you buy, if you don't, because our movements won't make a difference because it's something bigger than us.

Reactions: Virix and Ibuki

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I don't really see any point in bearing a grudge against devs who took the guaranteed payout from EGS, not unless they've been acting stupid on top of that (like the devs behind Ooblets, Shenmue 3, etc). But Control is also pretty much the only game that I am looking forward to, though obviously that might change in the next however many months, and it is way past the point where I'd be willing to pay launch-price for it.
I'm thinking about this. Right now Control is on my ignore list, but it looks so good that I may be hurting myself by skipping it forever. I already took a stand by avoiding it on EGS, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad to get it on Steam. Perhaps not at full price, but at least someday.

I wanna grab Tetris Effect on Steam day one though, because it's freaking Tetris...

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I just want to thank you all. A few months ago I was going through some stuff and I was able to get some help. I feel like I am in a much better place in life now.

Before I probably would not have gone with my family on a 3 day trip.

After talking to you guys I learned that I should try to enjoy things and try stuff out. I went to Yosemite and to Sequoia (both of which looked really nice).

I'm in a much better mental state now.

Games are weird and sometimes the stuff in them do look rather surreal, Mountain ranges being some of those things, And then you see them in real life and then you see a little Todd Howard appeare on your shoulder and tell you "you see that mountain, you can climb that"

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I just want to thank you all. A few months ago I was going through some stuff and I was able to get some help. I feel like I am in a much better place in life now.

Before I probably would not have gone with my family on a 3 day trip.

After talking to you guys I learned that I should try to enjoy things and try stuff out. I went to Yosemite and to Sequoia (both of which looked really nice).

I'm in a much better mental state now.

Games are weird and sometimes the stuff in them do look rather surreal, Mountain ranges being some of those things, And then you see them in real life and then you see a little Todd Howard appeare on your shoulder and tell you "you see that mountain, you can climb that"
:cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: lashman and PC-tan

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Welp, did the first mission in Xcom 2 and it went terrible. Will probably try it tomorrow with a fresher brain
That's XCOM, baby! :dana_wink:

I played the first mission on Ironman Commander often enough that I can get flawless victory every time, but the subsequent missions (especially disabling the alien relay missions) will sometimes go pear-shaped really quickly.
For the Atelier fans, is still worth to buy Atelier Lydie & Suelle if I have ryza and still have to finish it?
In total I've played Sophie, Lulua and now Ryza.
I still can't judge on Ryza since it's a total change from the predecessors and I have like 6 hours in it, but from the previous two I liked sophie, lulua not so much.
The alchemy system in Lydie & Suelle is basically the next iteration of the alchemy system established in Sophie. There are slight differences, but you can get up to speed quickly if you've played Sophie before.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

5taquitos

I don't beat games
Nov 18, 2019
Late to the party but thanks for the thread!

I really shouldn't spend any more money on Steam this month...
Hmm, just had an email saying that I've redeemed my Origin Access code but I haven't done that.
Have I been hacked or something?
I don't think you got a reply here, so Origin did an account security review program and anyone who updated their account security information that month got a free month of Origin Access. You didn't get hacked!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
If you want souls series fix
Check out sekiro or remnant from the ashes.
There are already alternatives on steam.

Reactions: TheTrain

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Speaking of Sekiro, it's being referenced in the banner. I mistook it for Katana Zero previously.

So, what are the other references? The pair with the sword and shield, the person holding a green orb and the tree creature thing?

Reactions: PC-tan

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Can someone remind me how the Humble billing works? I always found this confusing

I've signed up for this month's bundle with the $9 offer and it says my next billing date is now 27th December. But what happens on 6th December then? Do I not get access to the following bundle? Surely I do but why am I being charged on the 27th then?

Status
Not open for further replies.